Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Kavyyaa

Its a nice writeup.

Thank you Di!!
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Part 43

A few months had passed. One fine morning, the people of Dwarka were pretty amused to see Krishna walking around the city, wearing the clothes of a normal citizen, with a similarly dressed unknown girl by his side. The guards went and informed the queens, who laughed and sent them back. They refused to believe until the maidservants came and reported of the same. They went to Krishna and straightaway and asked him, "Swami, why are you roaming about in the city, plainly dressed with some maid?" Balraam looked up, "I'm not surprised, I'm not." Krishna stood up and asked them, "Me? I've been here since the morning!" Dau said, "Yes, yes! He was indeed with me." and earned a grateful smile from Krishna. "Yes, sweethearts! How can I be speaking here with Dau and roaming about the city at the same time?" The queens asked perplexedly, "Then, who's that?" Rukmani's face turned sour. She said with a sigh, "Might have been my son, if he was alive!" Krishna gently pressed her hand and said, "Lets go and see, who's this man, apparently looking like me!"

The man and lady paid their respects to Krishna and his wives. The lady placed the hand of the man, in Krishna's and said, "Here, take your son!" A tear rolled down Rukmani's eyes, and the smile disappeared from Krishna's face, and he said in a hard voice, "Now, what kind of a joke is this?" The lady looked anxious, "No! I didn't mean to open up your wounds! Please forgive me! But I say the truth!"
"How can this be the truth? It has only been around four or five months since the mishap?" Suddenly Sage Narad appeared in front of them and said, "Sorry, to interrupt you, but what this Lady says is absolutely correct! Let me explain,Prince Krishna and Princess Rukmani, first of all your son had not died.

On that unfortunate day, a demon named Shambar had kidnapped the boy from the chambers of Princess Rukmani, and thrown it into the ocean. I know this is odd, as to what enmity should a demon have with an innocent child. Let me tell you then. We all know that Kaamdev, the God of Lust had been burnt to ashes for interrupting his penance, in order to hasten his union with Goddess Parvati, but due to the ardent prayers of Rati, his wife, the unfortunate God, was given a last chance. He was blessed to regain his body by taking a human birth with the help of our own Prince Krishna. Now, this new form of Kaamdev has got rid of a lot of nonsensical and egoistic characteristics, and resembles Prince Krishna in most ways. Then, as you can see, the child hadn't died; instead he was swallowed by a great fish. Coincidentally, the fishers of Shambar's kingdom had caught that very fish, in which the little prince resided. When they found the baby boy, they gifted it to the chief cook Mayavati, of Shambar's kitchen, and the rest of the fish to their king. Now, let me make it clear, Mayavati, the same who stands before you, is actually Rati, who has come in a human form to remarry her Lord. Now, when she had been raising Pradyumn as her own son, I went and told her about the true identity of the boy, and his aim. So, she, by virtue of her magical powers, raised Pradyumn within moments and trained him in various magical spells as well as other skills of a warrior. With the help of those skills your son, Krishna, has defeated and killed Shambaraasur, and Mayavati has brought his here to you. Now it's upon you to accept them or not."

Krishna smiled and said, "Sage Narad, it's upon my queens to accept them, I've always fulfilled their wishes, and I'll do the same today. What do you say, Ruki, err, Rukmani?" Rukmani, silently went ahead, and pressed her son to her breast, and shed tears of happiness. Krishna, with one hand resting on the back of his worthy son, said, "Well, I see my boy had got back to his mother, so you can very well go back to being his wife, if you haven't as of now! You have my consent for the marriage, what about you, Dau?" Balraam nodded, and whispered to Krishna, "You've been keeping track, with Narad, am I correct?"
"Absolutely!"
Thus with the permission of all the elders, Pradumn and Mayavati got married to each other. In the middle of the great and beautiful ceremony, Balraam playfully asked Krishna, "So, Prince Krishna, how does it feel like, to have finally become an elder?"
"Lovely! But just the small grudge, that no more mischief for us!"
"Don't worry, Kanha, I'm sure you'll break the rules. I know you and your ways very well my dear brother!"

One day, at Ekchakra, a Brahmin had arrived, and wanted to rest with the very Brahmin with whom the Pandavs were staying. The Brahmin was on his way to Panchal, the kingdom of King Drupad. At night when the Brahmin was resting, the Pandavs came to meet him. The Brahmin told them of his various experiences while he was traveling from place to place on foot. Yudhishthir then asked, "Sir, could you please tell us about why you are going to Panchal?" The Brahmin said, "There's the swayamvar, of King Drupad's daughter, Krishnaa. I've heard the Kings giving huge donations to us Brahmins, I 'm going there for that. If I felt like it, I might even wait to see the outcome of the contest he's arranged." Kunti said, "Oh, that's the Princess who was born from the fire, isn't it?" The Brahmin nodded. Kunti asked, "Could you please tell us more about the birth of the twins? We heard they were born without the help of their mother!" The Brahmin said, "Let me tell you from the very beginning. Sage Dron, as you must be knowing, was the son of Sage Bhardwaaj. He once heard that Parashuraam was giving away all his wealth, and went to the latter. But when he reached, Parashuraam had already given away all his wealth, so he asked Dron to choose between his body and weaponry, and obviously Dron chose the latter. Later on, he was humiliated by Drupad, on account of his poverty, and Dron made up his mind to take revenge. Later he accepted the hundred and five Kuru princes, as his disciples, and weapons against Drupad. The five sons of King Pandu successfully avenged their Guru's insult, and everyone forgot everything. But the King neither forgot the insult nor forgave Dron. He had arranged for the great sacrifice only to get a son, who could slay Dron. He first went to Sage Upayaja, who, despite the luring offers made by Drupad, refused to perform the yajna. Nevertheless, he sent Drupad to his elder brother Yaja, who always ate the left-overs, or the impure food at their Gurukul. Yaja agreed to perform the yajna.
During the yajna, when Yaja summoned Drupad's queen, she denied, because she hadn't purified herself, and thus was unfit to sit for the yajna. Despite her repeated requests, Yaja did not wait, and he continued with the sacrifice. Soon, a well-built and handsome man, with a shining complexion, and decked with weapons and filled with rage emerged from the fire itself! Soon after he rode on a chariot, and drove around in the courtyard. He was named Dhrishtadyumn or the one who dared. Just then a divine voice spoke, '
This child will kill Dron, and avenge Drupad's insult!'
Then from the fire emerged a beautiful girl, with a fragrance similar to those of blue lotuses, spreading over two miles. Her eyes were large and black, while her hair was bluish and curly. She had a complexion darkish, and she was thus named as Krishnaa. And the divine voice was heard again, '
This child will be the cause of the destruction of many kings and princes. She will be the cause of many troubles befalling the Kauravs'. Then the queen of Drupad requested Yaja for a boon, that the twins should be always referred to as her children.
"

Hearing the story, the five brothers became restless. Seeing their condition, Kunti said, "Sons, we shouldn't stay in one place for long, and then, Drupad is generously giving alms to the Brahmins, so should we move to Panchal?" The brothers agreed to the proposal and they started on their journey to the capital of Drupad next morning, after having thanked the Brahmin for lodging them in his house for so long.

Edited by Radhikerani - 9 years ago
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Read it before PM πŸ˜† this is full of flashbacks πŸ‘πŸΌ so Shambarasur has gone, thanks to Kanha!
uff ye Dau bhi na! I love this part:
So, Prince Krishna, how does it feel like, to have finally become an elder?"
"Don't worry, Kanha, I'm sure you'll break the rules. I know you and your ways very well my dear brother!" 🀣

Draupadi & Dhrishthadyumna's birth story is also very nice 😊 hope you will not skip the informations you gathered from me, i.e, sage Dhaumya & Angarparna πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† I will love to read them in your sweet writing style 😊
Gopiii thumbnail
Thanks its beautifully written. 
wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: Urmila11

Read it before PM πŸ˜† this is full of flashbacks πŸ‘πŸΌ so Shambarasur has gone, thanks to Kanha!
uff ye Dau bhi na! I love this part:
So, Prince Krishna, how does it feel like, to have finally become an elder?"
"Don't worry, Kanha, I'm sure you'll break the rules. I know you and your ways very well my dear brother!" 🀣

Draupadi & Dhrishthadyumna's birth story is also very nice 😊 hope you will not skip the informations you gathered from me, i.e, sage Dhaumya & Angarparna πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† I will love to read them in your sweet writing style 😊

I'm glad you liked it Di!! I told you na, Shambar will not get more than half my update! But then Kanha was ahead of his times, literally! πŸ˜† So, it's not his fault if he doesn't want to grow up so soon! And I'll not leave those, who will? After noting down that too...meanwhile, let me go and invite the Drau fans! πŸ˜ƒ
wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gopikaa

Thanks its beautifully written. 

Thank you for liking the part!
wayward thumbnail
Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2