Dharma Kshetra on Epic Channel Thread 2/ DT Nt pg 71/Imp Nt Pg 89/117 - Page 116

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
keshav ko toh amezing honaa hi hain.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
guess what, karna had gaandiv not vijay.
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

I guess that means Swastik is making the show. I can't believe that they are still clinging to their delusion that MB was a KaJu story. Even after seeing the ratings spikes with Panchali.

No wonder Pattnaik walked out. I wonder what was the idea of having Panchali making that speech at SV? To show people that she brought it on herself? And then they completely ignored Karna's part in DS? And again had Panchali say something there that 'provoked' him? What rot!

Then they went overboard trying to justify her stance. Making⭐️Krishna emotionally blackmail her into war! She was the one who talked him into it. If anything, theirs was a more friend-sa equation from the original scene, if she could talk him into changing his objectives.

I actually had some sympathy for Karna before I started⭐️Bharat, because with Krishna's guidance, he could.have been a lot, lot more than he was. A story of missed opportunities and wasted chances. Now I have to try hard to remember⭐️Karna was not the epic dude. I ended up disliking Star Karna for their slanted portrayal of him.

And I was disgusted at their idea of painting the heroine bad to make the heroes look good, when she was the only one apart from Vidur, who was consistently on the side of morality as it was and not as was written in the books. They did it with the division when Panchali verbally agreed to it, when she actually did nothing of the sort. There you go, Yudhi and Arjun whitewashed. Then they did it with Karna and WWed him at Panchali's expense. Then they perhaps saw the TRPs for the Panchali centric episodes and WWed her to the point that she was colorless in the war track.

So very few expectations from their Karna show. Will wait to see what reviews are and then decide on watching.

For now waiting for Razia. Hope they don't try to WW the heroes here too, the BF and the husband, I mean.

U echoed the exact words that I wanted to say...
The turn by turn whitewashing of Arjun, Yudisthir, Karna n then Draupadi...uff I was totally disgusted with it...
I loved the portrayal of Draupadi in some episodes...but in some, she was completely haywire n during the war days, she was whitewashed for reasons only Sid T knows...

And Karna n Arjun...the less said about their whitewashing the better...
The CVs completely ignored their feats like the Virat war or refusal of throne...but whitewashed them into innocent saints in other scenes, where it was not required...

Who will play Karna by the way?
Aham Sharma?☺️
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sema, I admire your steadfastness in the face of relentless criticism of Dharma raj. If anyone deserves the title of Yudisthir, it is you. And I mean it literally, your mind is steady.

But having said that, true piety elevates you to the level of servant of humanity. Which is what Govind showed when he became Parth's charioteer. The first among us should the last and the greatest should be the least (Not mine, plagiarizing Jesus).

If there was true piety, he would not even have assumed ownership of his citizenry to wager them in that dice game. An online friend told me that mostly people forget the greater ethical crime that was the wagering of the people, the property that rightfully belonged to the people and their livelihood, when we get distracted by the dramatic imagery of the brothers being enslaved and the beautiful Empress being assaulted. 

At least with family he may have had some sense of ownership, as in ownership that comes from love and expectations. I am not certain that it was reciprocated. But they were still family and he may have had expectations that they were his. Just as Govind exerted an ownership over Panchali when he used her name to express his contempt at Karna and as Panchali exerted her ownership over Bheem during Keechak or over Govind when she persuaded him that war was the best option.

For a ruler to be truly great, he has to understand that he is actually the servant of all. That he has no ownership over them. That his duty is to serve them and he does so at the will and pleasure of his people. That the kingdom does not belong to him to wager.  

Knowing the scriptures does not make a priest or prophet. Knowing the laws does not make a great king. 

As for that statement during swargarohana parva, he said it in response to Bheem's question about what Panchali's sin was. So no, he was not just stating a fact, he was calling it a sin. 
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Diala...

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#006600">Shalya case first.. but that happened before the war.. that is cheating I agree but no war rule was broken with that.. donno if to call Dury smart or Shalya a fool..</font>

Thanks 😊
Diala...I think this is where the matter of perspectives comes in...
Both Ks n Ps tried to manipulate the situation in their own ways...
One by diverting the mamaji..n the other by diverting the dadaji... 😆
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AnuMP

WTH?! So poor Dhrisht is going to lose out on heaven for supporting the rag tag army of his BIL who allowed his twin sister to be divided, then staked her like a piece of furniture, lifted not a finger to aid her when she was assaulted and nearly raped, proceeded to again turn blind eye to the limitless amount of attempted assaults on her, hesitated in fighting a war against all that injustice, had no strategy to speak of except what Krishna gave them and Dhrisht implemented and then happily got to live while poor Dhrisht was murdered in cold blood!

What kind of justice is that?

It is unfair!!!!😡 😡 😡 😡 😡

He did what was necessary to win!!!!

And a war is dirty!!!!

Shaina_b thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashne

If Dhrist was indirectly responsible and he doesn't get to go to heaven, then the people who actually participated also shouldn't go to heaven right?

Exactly!!!!

First he fought the war for them and then they didn't appreciate him when he won and now they are blaming him and he doesn't get to go to heaven!!!!😔

Shaina_b thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

I am back home for a while n thanks to that, watched Dharmakshetra for the first time...

Firstly, I would say that the actors are awesome...
I loved the actor playing Dhrishtadyumna...
Secondly, Arjun was decent...
Draupadi was great but y does she have a sad expression always?

Finally I felt it was really unfair to blame Dhrishtadyumna for everything...Wat kind of crappy judgment was this?
And y did none of the Ps stand up?
And y was Draupadi not defending her brother?

Loved Keshav...He was just amazing... 👏

I thought we would win with this Alan Shore style closing argument!!!!!😉 😉 😉

But this time we didn't!!!!😔

AnuMP thumbnail
Just saw the show. AAARRRGGGHHH! Am so angry!

My favs were always Panchali, Govind, then Arjun. I had a soft corner for Mr Sen. The other Pandavas were OK and I could tolerate Yudhi since you couldn't get A or B without Y.

But this one episode is getting me to totally loathe them. Sitting there and moralizing about the adharm done by Dhrisht!😲 Without Keshav, without Dhrisht and yes, without Sikhandin, they wouldn't have won the darned war! The moralizing is coming from the 5 Ns who sat on their hands while Panchali was disrobed.😲

The original Ps must be rolling around in their icy graves now. 

The show is turning me anti Pandav. The hypocrisy of it all! Get someone to do your dirty work for you, enjoy the fruits of their labors and then get them convicted of crimes committed on your behalf.😲

AAARRRGGGHHH! Is there anyway to get our feedback to the DK CVs?

Btw, am not a fan of Dhrisht. He had no existence in my imagination beyond the fact that he was Panchali's brother. But this is just darned unfair! How the heck can heaven be unfair?😲 Isn't that supposed to be ultimate place where all judgement is uncorrupted by personal likes or dislikes?
AnuMP thumbnail
OK. Over it. In fact I made up my own Dhrisht episode for some FB friends. Posting it here

Drona - You killed me Dhrisht!
Dhrisht - Thank you. Glad you liked my jokes. 
Drona - I didn't say you killed it, you killed ME!
Dhrisht - (Hopefully) Do you think I can make it on Broadway?
Drona - I will kill you!
Dhrisht - (confused) - But we are dead

Bheem - You made my son do adharm
Dhrisht - I MADE him? Dude, have you SEEN the size of your kid?

Drupad - No, he didnt come out of fire. Einstein only said E=MC2. M cannot be EC2. 
Dhrisht - But Pithaji, girls call me Hawt Bro! (waggling eyebrows suggestively) Get it? Hawt? Fire? (gives a leer that Dushy would be proud of, unfortunately caught by Arjun who blushes and looks down remembering the extravagant description of Dhrisht he gave publicly)
Keshav - (jealous now) Dumb twit. You've been bro-zoned. Have you SEEN your dad? You think anything that came from him could possibly be called Hawt?
(Keshav unconscious on the floor. Panchali twirling Bheem's mace)