Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 332

"kyun?"

he said in that way of his as the doctor said, "i am sorry" a couple of times.
the way he stood, the way he sounded, the way his anger spiralled, it was real.

"sorry kyun?" why are you sorry, he snapped, anger mounting.

anger, perhaps to shield his immense fear.

was di dead? yes, i think that was his worst fear. and he has had his worst fear, perhaps not even an articulated one, come true once. his whole being is ready for the blow...

"what the hell are you saying dammit!... say something!" he yelled finally, leaning forward, body utterly tense... the doctor almost cringed at the fury.

i should have felt terribly sorry for anjali as she walked on glass and got violently molested by her husband in the most hideous way, losing her baby. yet, the one i felt terrible for was one arnav singh raizada.

mind you, he does not exist in the dimensions we seek existence.

also he is now part of a story which is coming undone. and maybe that's why i coudn't feel for his sister as much i ought to have. i actually felt much worse for her on the day she found out the truth about her husband and couldn't face it. I did feel a sense of pity for Anjali in the initial moments, as she stepped on glass, feet bleeding, still worried where her Shyamji was. I think she had lost it completely, in her obsession over Shyamji. Otherwise why would someone, specially an expectant mother, ignore the pain, blood and keep searching. Of course things soon took a forced over dramatic turn.

i hated the entire killing of a child story. unnecessary. almost heinous. if shyam is rotten, does not mean his child has to be killed... a good story teller would never ever have done that. this is the challenge of the story... that was the sick easy way out. yes they never even had him talk to himself about how expendable his own flesh and blood could be. Some declaration that he valued money more, or Khushiji more. 

i, of course, did not connect to this at all.

yet i felt sad for a man who is but only a character in a tv serial.

he lives somewhere... he speaks of the human struggle... of loss, of duty, of pain, sorrow, courage, relentless battle... and love.

he had dared to smile moments before... let go of his inhibitions and hug the girl who made him feel again, hope again, dance again. he had nuzzled and and carressed her, held her in his arms before everyone. just being happy.

an uncomplicated simple happy.

a happy taken from him when he was just a child.

and it was as if the furies had got wind of it and come like raving banshees through a monstrous medium called shyam and struck at that simple happy smile.

the first time i saw this episode, i'd wondered shocked and gobsmacked, was their a comment on the rightness of one's actions here?

arnav singh raizada had forced a woman to do his bidding one night in order to mainly save this very child. yes, he had done so because of a terrible misunderstanding, because his mind had been shattered by that, his heart in disarray, amid that he had heard, "tum mama banne wale ho," you're going to be an uncle... and his entire being had reoriented and gathered around a notion of duty... that duty could have been perhaps discharged in many ways, but he chose to hurt the one who hurt him... thinking she was rotten to the core, yet not being able to let go.

complex.

yes, it was all about his love.

and yet, he had not done right by a human being.

that death of a child, was it somewhere an illustration that wrong action, no matter what prompts it, doesn't ultimately yield results? no di I think this was just bad writing. I don't think devi maiyya would ever want to punish someone for doing wrong. He bore the brunt. he hurt the person he loved. was apologetic about it. very sincere in his apology. devi maiyya would see he had realized the mistake he made in haste and anger. He and specially and innocent child need not be punished for it.

i don't know if that is the case, though... i just know how i felt for asr... and how totally merged with asr his actor was in these moments. from that happiness... to the beaten look of loss... that anger... and when he heard the child was gone, i wondered if he was saddened and horrified but breathing still... because di was alive. very interesting oberservation..

i also wondered what would have happened to this beautiful man if his di were the one to have gone and the baby was still alive... or worse, if both died this episode...

because really in life anything can happen... and the more you get up and fight it off, the more life seems to want to test you.

there was a lot of red all around... in the hospital, the scenes were shot in sets used repeatedly in serials, but they did have a certain poise. the deliberate contrast of exuberant joy at the beginning with abject horror and tragedy straight after was well handled i felt. i found sanaya irani's emoting a trifle stilted. nani and mami touched me. even the memories they selected for Khushi and Anjali didn't seem the correct ones. Something different would have been more impactful... Two young girls bonding over the child or just how happy di was... Not the moments they showed.

but really, i could only see and feel for that man who doesn't exist and always matters, impacts, inspires.

Reading your take after long.. beautiful edits, specially that first one.. I find it so much easier to make edits now that we have good quality videos.. don't need to hide flaws with effects.. Nice ponder on what would have happened to ASR if di were gone..  Really it is all about that one man.. and why do you say he doesn't exist? He does.. otherwise what we doing her making edits after never ending edits of the man. 

Thank you for reading and talking about my take. 

About the sorcerer question.. I guess I should modify my question to how does the sorcerer decide which magic poolside moves where.. hahaha.. oh where art thou handsome evil one?
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Beautiful writing rhea.. I am shuruing from peeche the epis you have sent.
That dori, dupatta, marks of her respect and belief system always have been an intimate integral parts of their love story...wonderful line about that dori ripping and bring them tgether..
some where after the Guest house, Shyam sitting on asr's bed says contemplatively if only life had a rewind button, instinctively asr remembers the guest house with an urge to erase all that pain to her if only he could go back.. as you said life really presents only to few on a few occasions chances to correct themselves..and here is one for the dori...
He just loved her unconditionally, and would do anything to please her with or without thought... if that speck of mehendi could bring a happy smile to her.. he would do that.. in fact he is going through all these rasams just for the sake of her satisfaction, happiness..
I am not a specific fan of these jodhpuris, shaewanis on him.. for ever that 3piece... but here again i almost saw it as a symbolic gesture of he doing it for Khushi/ anjali..
But actually he is right, she should have had LG in her name.. since she had A already...:).. i only wish she didn't have to remind her of the rasam.. all those deeply engraved in his head.. just like ours..

Can't agree more about the body doubles, I almost leap with joy every time I see a back shot of one of these two, and its not an alien..that indeed elevates the over all effect multiple levels..gorgeous edits through out.. btw, i saw the date the thread, as you saw the epi no, it was more than a month ago, and still 19 pages.. but it has been tapering for a while..

thanks rhea..

Hello hi Indu di.. thank you.. nice to read your comments on my take after long.. Like I was telling you before, I really do feel this reading writing reviews is what is my staple IPK diet.

nice recollection of that scene with Shyam. I guess devi maiyya just had to give ASR a chance to redeem himself in his own eyes.. 

Evn I have been cribbing about this forcible reminder that everything is happening for a second time. I think I mentioned that in my take for the previous episode. Very unsubtle and shoved right down our throat. There would have been a much more creative way to show the two remembering the previous mehendi and engagement.

me not a fan of this weird kurta either, but Indi di and I were talking how this sort of gave a regal air to his confrontation with dadi. Yesterday, I was finally watching the scenes in the hospital and ASR had such an air of dignity even in the sadness. This look suited him for the sad scenes. What I don't like at all is his remarriage sherwani.. too loud, don't you think?

wonder hum kis galli ja rahe hai with these slow threads.. but am pretty sure our thikana will be yahi..
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Wow Indi, what an edit!  👏 A classic, masterpiece look to this dhak dhak scene. Eager to get to the story as soon as possible. 
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

thanks, durga...

just look at the moment they create.

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Indi, was reading your 334 some days ago, lost it some where. Very insightful writing around that whole " meaning" in life.. how it/ di has driven him in life.. beautifully written about the whole bro- sis bond...It was a sure pity how Khushi was mde to lecture him at every point about fate, bhagya and his inabilities...he could be wrong in certain ways he treated her initially, that doesn't annul his whole success story and relegate everything he said/ did to nothing...but that sensitive khushi seem to have been lost some where long time ago.. even when this epi was airing live.. not many expectations...
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Indi, was reading your 334 some days ago, lost it some where. Very insightful writing around that whole " meaning" in life.. how it/ di has driven him in life.. beautifully written about the whole bro- sis bond...It was a sure pity how Khushi was mde to lecture him at every point about fate, bhagya and his inabilities...he could be wrong in certain ways he treated her initially, that doesn't annul his whole success story and relegate everything he said/ did to nothing...but that sensitive khushi seem to have been lost some where long time ago.. even when this epi was airing live.. not many expectations...

hi indu,
thanks. in pink that, so strange isn't it, by the end i was feeling bad for the brash bad boy. and if anyone should have understood him it ought to have been khushi. they botched it. on the one hand bhagya talk, on the other at the end all the loaded dialogues from khushi about how living with hi she has learned to live fully, etc. the entire story of what asr gave khushi done in one filmi dialogue. and yes, you cannot negate all that he has done just because he was wrong vis a vis her in certain ways. i respond to characters like asr, nani ji... what khushi was made into.. i lost empathy. initially she was a lot more real and her mindset i liked. tradition loving but not traditional in approach. but then it changed. how could she say what she did at the hospital. really.

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 332

Two burning question plague me as I start watching the episode. First, how many pool sides are there in Shantivan? Which room gives access to these poolsides and can you or can you not see from the main hall into the poolside? Second, how much dawai does Khushi's babuji really need and why is it that this dawai can't be bought in bulk and gets over every other day? Actually, something multiple times a day Garima rushes to buy medicine and not one person questions this.

The mehendi laga ke rakhna song I have liked a lot as a child, but this sequence isn't one of my favourites. Garima and Anjali were creeping about with panicked expressions and missing regularly, but no one seems to care much. And ASR already is standing with smiles in the middle of people dancing. 

He did hug her. The love spilling out from his heart. I was reminded of that scene after he broke up with lavanya. He stood watching Khushi dance to salaame ishq. Her hair in curls, all dressed up was she. Her reaction to him then was much more memorable than the coy smiles now. Well, just my feeling entirely.

Enough of being flippant. The events to follow were hardly that.

I never understood the logic behind this elaborate plan that had a very low chance of success. In fact this whole insistence on making sure Anjali lost her child in the most brutal of ways seemed highly unnecessary. What if the doctor was to come out of that operation theater and announce that the mother was dead, then how would Shyam ever manage to re enter the halls of his deceased wife's home? So this whole idea of hurting the child is bloody, gruesome, horrific and senseless to the extreme.

Her feet are bleeding. She already suffers from a limp. She is a pregnant woman. She does not sit down and call someone. She forgets about her baby's well being, about herself. She continues in this quest of finding her Shyamji.  If we are to believe this was possible, then it could only mean that Anjali in those minutes had completely lost any sense of self preservation of herself and her baby. She was obsessing about her husband. Delusional and blind was her devotion to this depraved man. 

Cameras. Broken glass. Raw wires. Layers of ruthless planning. I am appalled at how and why it was shown, when it could have easily been replaced with some other reason that Shyam found, to be brought back to Anjali. Really if she fell and died, what then? And did Shyam not care about his own flesh and blood? His baby.. Was he really that dysfunctional?

A shot of ASR as he watched his di fall had my blood curl. Did you see how his face froze? He had allowed himself to be unguardedly happy and then came a cry. Not his cry, that replays in his head. This time is was his di's cry.

The very same writers who have made this mess of story lines captured this terrible moment perfectly. Everyone else stood in shock while the man of action sprinted as if his life depended on it. The camera registered a blur as he ran towards his screaming, falling di. He would have been the first to react. That is just who he is.

A poignant memory flashed before him as they waited for the verdict. "Tum mama banane wale ho". His relation to the child. How happy had di been when she had seen a glimpse of the life take form in her womb for the first time! ASR himself would never even have thought of such things, he did not even like children particularly, but this was di's child. A part of her, and it was no more. Gone.

The doctor was quite confusing, and thought I don't remember, most probably in my first watch I may have even thought both mother and child got killed. No doubt every exclamation, every dramatic note of music, every tear were to encash on this horrendous murder. Apparently this is what brings more viewership. 

ASR was abrasive and impatient with the doctor. He was angry and shattered. Defeated and Helpless. Flitting through emotions, holding on to sanity. There was such a sense of gravity in how Barun portrayed ASR tonight. He made this whole dreadful situation genuine and veritable. 

A brother had just failed his di. I could believe his anguish.

Bravo rhea, potent write up in that brevity...this appalling gruesomeness was not at all needed.. there are multiple other ways to achieve the goal of bringing back Shyam.. the way Shyam has been turned around from a hesitant fearful double playing husband to a one who wouldn't care for his blood as you rightly said was shocking.. if he was not made  the whole sole reason for a trivial non delivery of milk to Raizada house to a horrific feticide .. it would have added many more interesting layers..who is bothered about logical story by then anyway...and yes even more shockingly that attracted viewership.. really?
Those all smiles asr could be one of the reasons why this remarriage potentially snubbed all characters and couldn't be as memorable... you are right on the head of nail about how obsessed anjali was about her husband that she didn't even seem to have senses for her unborn...
sharp catch of the man suddenly turning aghast and  running to save di...
 rant away...

aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Wow Indi, what an edit!  👏 A classic, masterpiece look to this dhak dhak scene. Eager to get to the story as soon as possible. 

Durga di thank you for bringing this pic here.

Indi di I meant to compliment this on the without you thread, but in all my sadness of saying goodbye forgot to meantion.

Love the use of the colors.. its dhup sa colors.. but the texture gives it a chandini si tranquility.. Of course I could only notice all this after I resolutely tore away my eyes from how they looked and felt..
DurgaS thumbnail

Episode 341:

Her callow dreaming of this all showy bollywood hero brought an amusement, a glint of mischief into his eyes ... is this girl for real... 

Her one complaint that he didn't love her.. promptly diffused all the color from his eyes, face... he didn't like to even joke.. not about his love for her...that took many months of inner churning, agony and adversity to finally find its way...anger and pain exuding .. .. he looked at her in a way that would have halted an apocalypse from hitting..

He didn't believe in the color of haldi, or what it means... he didn't believe in the color of mehendi... or lack there of... all he believed was the doors of kaleidoscope this perennially colorful girl opened him to...and a hint of the color that suffuses at the tip of her nose in his vicinity... And only in his vicinity..."why/ how did you say khushi i didn't love you?"

Awesome Indu. 'You don't love me' is something which is very hurtful to hear, especially after he went through turmoil and pain while trying to push her, keep her away, and now after accepting that she is his life and can't live without her. This accusation, even when uttered in a light moment ignites an inexpiable spark that isn't easy to diffuse. 

Brilliant work on the edits. 😊

DurgaS thumbnail

Episode 345 

First Telecast Tuesday,  18th September 2012

Full episode links 

Thanks Katelyn, for the links.