Change Your Mind - IshRa FF Chapter - 2 Page 13 (2/21) PMs Later

SurrealFantasy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Ciao.
So this FF is dedicated to second chances, melancholic days and a good grovel. It's inspired from The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders (if you haven't read it, do so. Almost a Harlequin Romance, but with more plot and less sex scenes). 

I have posted the Prologue below, and the rest of the story will depend on the actual reviews I get. I'm notorious for being lazy, so let's pray that I end writing this by mid February after which I've gotta go back to college.

PLEASE, do not copy anything I write - Plagiarism is a crime and I do not endorse or entertain it. It'll simply result in me taking down every thing I've written so far.

Cool. Now that's done, I'll let you get to the story.

Enjoy. Again, not proofread or beta-ed.

Bisous.

Neha

INDEX

Edited by SurrealFantasy - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SurrealFantasy thumbnail

Prologue

She didn't know exactly what her thoughts were right at that moment.

Horror? Agony? Confusion?

She glanced at the papers again, reading it for the nth time in the past few minutes, hoping to find something different written on them this time around.

She didn't.

The tears kept flowing and she looked at the man who stood with his back to her, not even looking her in the eye as he gave her his final sermon. Her voice shook as she asked him what was going around in her mind in circles.

"Why?"

The single word brought him out of the vortex of despair he could feel himself drowning in. He turned around and injected as much malice into his words as possible, looking at her mockingly. "Why don't you ask Ashok?"

He scoffed at the look she got on her face. Rehearsed, he thought, emotions of innocence and confusion. He had been prey to the same sort of emotional blackmailing before, and wasn't so stupid as to fall for it again.

"Sign it, will ya?" He used a bored tone and refused to come under the influence of the crocodile tears of one of the few people he detested on the face of the earth.

She looked at him for a few seconds as though trying to grasp the meaning behind his words and the mist around her eyes - of love, of misperceptions, of innocence - faded.

"I don't mean anything to you, do I?" she asked, her voice once again gaining a little power.

He had preferred not to answer the question and just stared at her with a look of so much loathing, that she had to force herself not to turn her head away. Instead, she had wiped the tears off her face and pressed her hands into her eyes. As though getting an unknown strength from somewhere, she picked up the pen and signed her name where it had asked.

Signed away a lifetime of dreams and hopes she had built her life on. Signed away another opportunity to be happy.

She got up from her position on the couch and moved to the wardrobe, but turned back and looked at him.

He didn't know what that look meant exactly, he had never seen it in her eyes before, but there was no accusation in that look. As though capturing that image of him in her eyes forever, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before going to pack up her things.

"I'll be out by midnight." Those were the only words she spoke as she went out of the room.

And that was the last he had seen of her outside of court.

"She took a step and didn't want to take any more, but she did." 
 Markus ZusakThe Book Thief

There's that! Leave behind your thoughts and whether I should continue :)

NeNe

Edited by SurrealFantasy - 9 years ago
-Srishty- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I'll be back later.

Haven't heard about The Unwanted Wife but really interested in reading this story. The concept looks different and high on emotions.

Do continue soon.
Edited by -Srishty- - 9 years ago
theshushreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
nice start.. do continue soon
Soul_Stirrer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Just read reviews of The unwanted wife and decided to read it. Your writing is fab as always. What i am confused is that how u will incorporate the theme. Thats the mystery I suppose😊eager to read more. Though i would have requested for early update but that would just make me a hypocrite😆
arshi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Interesting prologue. Would love to read further :)
btalwar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely and I intriguing  start. Please continue.
SurrealFantasy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Scribble_Tweety

Just read reviews of The unwanted wife and decided to read it. Your writing is fab as always. What i am confused is that how u will incorporate the theme. Thats the mystery I suppose😊eager to read more. Though i would have requested for early update but that would just make me a hypocrite😆

I meant I was inspired by it - so there'll be a good groveling from the alpha male in the story. THAT will be incorporated. 

And some crazy relations too. I'm going to end lot of family members for this. Sadist that I am. 
AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Bas. I'm not talking to you. Haven't read this. Res.  

The Unwanted Series are good. Read the unwanted wife thought. Can't remember the plot. *laugh*
AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Unwanted Wife was beautiful. Bas. It was good. Unfortunately I couldn't find any other second chance romances that could match it. It was that good. What would have happened if she gave him a son? The ending is skeptical. What is she bears him a son, later. I don't see the connection though. Really don't. But then it's 4 am and I need to sleep. And this is beautiful. I want to read it word by word. And not skim through like I just did. But it was either I hit the sack and be haunted by this or skim and get an idea of it and have a peaceful sleep. Sorry. I chose the latter. Exams start tomorrow. Ugh. Sorry for infrequent replies.