20~NOT just a passionate affair~ 62 (2 pt) One day... another year!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
A few dedications... that really really touched me...πŸ€— thanks girls!

One year anniversary celebration by Nams

A few words by Marshi
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4227223 

Complilation by Anu

Anjy's thread on the Ja-Jo consummation
lashy thumbnail
CHAPTER 62
One day... another year... Part 1

Gently shutting the door of the steamed-up room behind her, she let her bare feet dry out on the squishy door mat 'Phew'

20 minutes in a bathroom the size of a boudoir. Her svelte limbs and creamy skin were so grateful for that mild massage by those fancy shower-jets. And SHE, was much more grateful for that uninterrupted flow of pre-set 39.c water - particularly, when the temperature outside was hardly 14! Quite a step up from the limited-supply geyser-ka-garam-paani and the Neelkamal plastic bucket-and-mug concept she was used to! 'It's not going to take long to get used to this luxury'

Pausing for a second, the young lady peeked left.

Now THERE was another marvel she'd never witnessed before. Adorable and funny. A tiny glimpse of his sleepy features peeping through the sheets. She tilted her head, so she could observe better'Awww... dekho tho sahi...' her delight was about to take the form of a fond grin, when she had to remind herself not to be sucked into another such session 'You KNOW he's the shaitaan incarnate... then why let this angelic guise fool you... it's nearly 8:45... better get going... warna...'

Tiptoeing over, around and above the trails of mess sprawled all along the cold floor, the young lady made her way to the stylish dressing table at a far corner.

'Hmmm' twirling around, she checked herself out in the mirror. Namely her curvy hips and behind. Wow! Those skinny jeans were good as ever 'One month of gorging on sweets and I've still kept those extra inches away ...good girl!'

Swiftly removing the towel from her head, the young lady let her wet hair roll out. No sooner than they'd been unleashed from confinement, those thick wavy raven tresses unfurled and came cascading downwards. And further downwards. Till they dropped below her elbows.

Thereafter; she attempted to speed up the drying by fast-combing her fingers through the wet locks - till she was suddenly compelled to discontinue midway 'Ouch' a finger had gotten stuck in a knot. Rather, SOMETHING on her finger had gotten itself stuck within one of the knots. Freeing herself from the tangle, she held her dainty palm up and eyed the culprit closely.

'I need to get used to you, don't I?'

The most surreal smile emerged on her lips as she surmised - for the nth instance in the past 18 hours - how beautiful it all was.

The sparkling translucent stone was sitting pretty-n-perfect on her ring finger against a contrast maroon backdrop. And the maroon wasn't just any maroon. It was the deepest shade of maroon - highlighting every exquisite mehendi pattern running from her finger tips all the way up to her elbows. Diamonds and henna were a 'flawless match' indeed, weren't they? Especially when co-ordinated with that bejewelled cherry-red bridal trousseau she'd been decked in.

Oh yes, it was all just like on the fateful day - the day that they'd first been united.  

Only this time; the entire affair wasn't a disguised, hush-hush, impulsive, covert ritual within the four walls of his room. It was a befittingly-grand social event. Attended and cherished by one and all.  

A ring that was once THEIR secret, had been slipped on her finger in an extensive ceremony witnessed by a prestigious crowd of thousands. Her henna wasn't to mark a yearly Teej fast, but to celebrate the most auspicious day of her life. The red apparel wasn't an Annual day saree, but an expensive traditional wedding attire gifted by her own ecstatic family. The tears weren't an outcome of uncertainty and fear - but an outcome of happiness and hope. The flowers. The holy bangles. The precious jewellery. The Mangalsutra. The Sehra. The Baraat. The Nikaah. The Phere. The Valeema - finally, the REAL deal was here!

Yet, the true beauty of the past four days was the incredible four year journey that'd led to it! A once hot-headed girl who was wary of the very institution of marriage -now couldn't stop gushing about her newfound lawfully-wedded status - all thanks to her precious life-partner!

Casting a glimpse at the sleepy-head still slumbering on his bed, Jodha yielded to a moment of tenderness and reached out to open the door of her new built-in wardrobe.

There it was - his heavily-embroidered tunic hanging beside her red lehenga. Savouring the fragrances of chameli, dhoop and ittar emanating from its threadwork, she drew out one of the golden sleeves and brushed it against the sides of her face 'My Nawaab sahab!' an audible sigh escaped her lips - just like it had on the first occasion she'd seen him wearing it. Well, he'd looked no less than Hyderabadi royalty during their Nikaah. The diamond stud-buttons. The surma. The silken joothis.  The elegant features...

'God Jodha...' yanking herself out of the daze a minute thereafter, she slapped her forehead hard 'ENOUGH of the dreaming... get ready... ALREADY!'

With no minute to waste, the young bride promptly removed her treasure chest of make-up from a suitcase and plonked it on the dresser table!

A dab of foundation. A puff of powder. A brush of glossy lipstick. A tint of eyeshadow. A dark streak of eyeliner-kohl. A loose half-ponytail. Jhumkas 'And VOILA!' she rejoiced at the results that'd been accomplished in under twenty minutes!

Her pace still brisk, she attempted to pluck out her kurti from under a pile of ironed clothes on a side table, when the entire stack unexpectedly tumbled down 'Ufff' she exhaled, as she scanned this heap - in addition to her many other yet-to-be-sorted heaps in the room. Jewellery boxes, random wedding gifts, clothes, make up, suitcases, more clothes, documents, flowers, some more clothes.

Wow! Less than an hour and she'd managed to propel the room into a state of total disarray, hadn't she?

Little doubt that Jalal was going to freak out when he awoke! But Jalal's complaints, she'd easily manage. Ammi wouldn't even bother. It was MAMMA she was worried about. If her mom trekked up the stairs to visit their room later on, she'd throw a HISSY FIT at how a messy tornado called 'Jodha' had struck her 'laadla' jamaai's room! And that hissy-fit would CERTAINLY be followed by lectures aplenty!

Yeah yeah. No secret that Jalal had quite a few loyal fans in the Singh household! So much so that her family hadn't even bothered giving their jamaisa the cliched wedding advice 'Please-take-care-of-our-Jodha' during the tearful bidaai sessions. Why would they - when it was a given that their laadli was leaving for the best sasuraal possible?

'Awww don't be sad girl...' she pouted 'You'll always have ammi on your side! But still... how am I ever going to clear all this by...' suddenly, her worry-lines ironed out in realization 'Wait a sec... Shantamma and Sai Deepa... I can ask them for help...' of course, she'd just stumbled upon another benefit of being a rich bahu - ample extra-hands to help with domestic chores 'Phew!'

Reverting to feeling like a 'queen' again, Jodha hastened towards the mirror - about to slip on her brand new navy blue figure-hugging kurti, when she stopped. She'd noticed something. Leaning close, she inspected her left shoulder 'Gosh!' she remarked at the small reddish mark staring her in the eye 'Gosssh!' she remarked again - this time, with a blush that came on hard and fast

'I might have gotten a bit carried away there!'

'I think...'

At long last, he'd reluctantly disturbed their rapturous spell. No doubt, he would have preferred continuing to admire - in silence - his bride's sateen form and feminine attributes under the diffused lighting of that night lamp! Especially since those features were still radiating a distinct aura of contentment and fulfilment. The 'aura' an obvious aftermath of the many pleasures she'd derived from wisely having caved in to him - letting her husband enjoy. And own. And experience. And tease. And thrill. And satisfy her as he deemed best.

No wonder then that he was unwilling to interrupt their erotic gaze-a-thon. But he had to. There was a spicy confession he'd been meaning to make for a few minutes now 'Jo... I think... I might have gotten a bit carried away... there on your shoulder... it looks... er... red-dish!'

Amused by the mischievous guilt on that handsome face, she broke out into a smile and palpated the left shoulder that his eyes were indicating towards 'Nah!' she proved her point 'I feel nothing... should be fine...'

'Not my fault, you know...' he swiftly added, adjusting his angular jaw against the soft suppleness of her exposed waist that he'd been utilizing as a makeshift pillow for a while now 'You were the one who got me all worked up by bringing up such an ultimatum!'

'What!' she'd almost sniggered, though fully aware that she was fighting this battle on a slippery-slope. After all, he did have a point - it had been HER bright idea to pose him a bold challenge 'Spot the ONE 'J' hiding in my henna patterns mister, and you win! Fir, no restrictions from my end tonight! But if you fail, I win... and...'

Well, who was she kidding? This was Jalal. It'd taken him all of twenty minutes to detect that small-yet-significant alphabet 'J' hiding amongst a thousand other designs on her right wrist.

The result? She'd paid the due 'delightful' price for two hours after that!

'At the end of it' he shrugged nonchalantly 'Something tells me you had as much fun losing this contest as I had winning it!'

'Achaa?' clamping down on a bashful giggle, she made a swift attempt to change the topic 'Waise... I'm freezing Jalal... why do you need the AC in December?' her fingers crawled over the sheets to be able to grab the quilt 'At least pass me the...'

'Hey...' instantly snaring her fingers, he mini-tussled them into submission before they could reach the quilt 'You just have to tell me if you're cold... why do you need extra blankets when you have ME to keep you warm?'

'Kyaa?' a warning bell went off in her head - this spelled trouble 'Jalal...no... listen... actually... you... know...' but alas. She was too late for the opportunist!

He'd already gently flipped atop her, beginning to blow hot air along the stretches of her hips. And when the dainty outlines there were chilly no more, he snuggled higher. Towards her torso. Blanketing her frosty body with his warm physique and warmer breath.

'Arre...' an aghast Jodha heaved as she burrowed her palms into his hair, wondering if that would get him to stop - though a big part of her was beginning to want otherwise 'What are you...'

Yeah, like THOSE warnings were going to stall him! Au contraire, he fended off her half-hearted defences and disobediently ascended over her midriff. Upping the stakes by hovering his lips just above her skin as he continued whistling rushes of sultry air around her ribs.

'God' she'd ultimately managed to voice a complaint over a stifling bout of chuckles. She HAD to complain. Lying still was getting next to impossible, seeing how he was busy using her ribs as his latest playground 'Issshh... it tickles... basss! An ... and...Ja... a...' 

Oh no! All of a sudden, the voice that she'd just discovered had gotten lost somewhere. Again! Well, whatever it was that he'd just begun doing felt different. Very different. A wave of shudders bolted up and down her spine. Not the ticklish kinda shudders - but shudders of the 'other' kind.

Having moved up from her midriff, the edges of his nose and lips had begun fiddling with the diamond pendant of her brand new mangalsutra.

As it is, the alternating sensations of the cold metal and his flushed breath against her bare skin were tingling enough. But, the thought of him laying his lips on something so 'sentimentally' intimate was what made the experience so ethereal. True, she'd known this guy and his mischief for more than four years now, but it was the first time - as her husband - that he was playing around with her mangalsutra. And the 'wife' in her - well, she just loved it!

'Were you saying something?' his husky query eventually arrived

'Th... that...' she gasped 'It... tickles'

'Only tickles?' he countered, not-so-convinced 'I'm assuming, a lot more's going on too!'

'Oh really?' she quipped. OBVIOUSLY, he could sense her responses. If nothing else, the sounds of her silver anklets clinking against the bridal toe-rings were proof enough of the enthralling effect his actions had had upon her. Then, why did he have to tease her already-swayed self with such questions? Show off! 'Jab answer pataa hai, then why ask?'

'Huh?' Jalal paused his antics - courtesy of that witty retort. Studying the bitter-sweet frowns marking her face, he inched up till his face was right above hers 'Cos...' his tone came out as a whisper 'Har baar that I do such masti with you, I get to see a different tint of red on your cheeks... and trust me... noticing this marvellous phenomenon never gets boring!'

'God, you romantic!' she yielded with a sigh, forced to shortly avert his crafty gazes.

Taking the cue, he treated the newest 'red' on her cheeks to the perfect penalty - a doting long kiss - before claiming his place on his own pillow beside hers 'Feeling ok?'

'How could I be anything BUT ok with you around, mister? Parrr...' having managed to kill another oncoming yawn, she affectionately pointed to the hands on the clock that'd just struck 2:00 'Parrr... no doubt... bahut bahut neend coming!'

'Ok' laughing aloud, he stretched his arm around her head to offer her a comforting haven to huddle into 'Wanna shack up?'

'Yesss' with an oh-so-willing nod, she instantly took him up on this persuasive offer by shifting to her favourite spot - upon his strong frame within the folds of his arms

Once his wife had settled into their cosy lair, he pulled the quilt over her and then began caressing the soft of her back with the tips of his fingers.

'Wow! We're married!'

'I know!!!! The feeling's still sinking in...'

Instinctively glancing down at the shimmering mangalsutra, he straightened out the twirled chain against her chest 'Are you planning to wear this permanently?'

'Sweet!' the manner in which he seemed to be subconsciously growing attached to these little symbols of marriage was fascinating indeed 'Neither my Rajput, nor my Muslim traditions require that I HAVE to wear one... but personally, I'd love to... guess, I'll keep it on for a few days...' she revealed

Smiling under her breath, Jodha straightened out the twirled chain once more.

Just then, a few faint knocks on the other side of the door drew her out of reverie

'Coming!' she answered, hastily slipping on her kurti. When ready, she rushed to the door and unlocked it 'Shantamma?'

'Sorry madam... didn't mean to disturb you...' the woman was blushing like it was her own first morning at the house 'But you'd requested me to bring this up... and...' she handed over a large tray pre-arranged with a couple of dishes and plates

'Oh yes...' flashing her a grateful beam, Jodha received the tray carefully 'Thanks so much! By the way...' she had to call out quickly since the maid was in such a hurry to leave 'Please tell ammi, I'll be down in half an hour... err... forty minutes at the max!'

'Yes yes...' Shantamma couldn't hide her abashment 'Araam se! We all understand... '

Shaking her head at the lady's overt display of coyness, Jodha re-locked the door. Now came the challenging job of finding a suitable empty spot in that room to lay this platter down.

'Oh yes...' a second later, she'd identified just the place. Collecting a bunch of folders from the top of a tall chest, she slipped them into an empty bottom drawer 'Well, I wouldn't be needing my work documents for the next couple of weeks, at least...'

Yes. Jodha was a working woman now. The Financial Administrator of Amal old age home, to be precise!

'Why don't you give it a try, Jo?' Jalal had sprung up the offer on his unsuspecting girl one fine date, eight months ago 'The place could really do with an able manager... and I presume, the job should give you a sense of satisfaction... maybe more than working at a MNC would have ever given you... the residents there love you... it's YOUR place, so you can work at your own pace there... if you feel you can't cope, take leave... if you want to quit, you can do that too... no pressures!'

Pursuing her education or working an onerous 9-6 job everyday weren't feasible options at present - so, he'd thought up this proposition instead. And my, did she thank her lucky stars for the day that he had. Because post-rehabilitation, every working day of the past eight months had been a good learning curve for her - helping fortify the charity's management, while doing her own morale wonders.

In fact, this wasn't the only 'pragmatic' arrangement the couple had worked out. There were a few other sensible changes they planned on making too. Small lifestyle-alterations that would work best for both.

Since his wife couldn't sit through loud and prolonged movies anymore, HE planned to convert the 2nd floor vacant lobby into a home theatre so they both could hang out at a cinema just like they used to. Only, she would be able to take as many breaks as she needed! Since disco lighting was a sure shot migraine-trigger, SHE planned to stay back at home anytime her hubby wanted to catch up at an occasional lads'-clubbing-night-out! Only, she would enjoy a quieter ladies'-night-in with ammi & girlfriends on such evenings!

'Not compromises, but adjustments' they both called it!

And that's how it'd always be!

Part 2 below...

Edited by lashy - 9 years ago
lashy thumbnail
CHAPTER 62
One day... another year... Part 2

'All done... now, shall we go and wake up our sleepy boss?' having set the tray down, she spiritedly tapped Robbie's nose - rather, the nose on his small portrait resting atop the chest of drawers. True, this replaced painting of Robbie's final moments on Jalal's lap was not a perfect replica of the original one that'd been smashed to bits. Try as she might, she wasn't able to manoeuvre the brushstrokes like she used to. Nevertheless, she knew that her optimistic efforts was what would matter to her man. And she was right - because, he treasured this painting like nothing else 'Chalo! Here I come'

Having approached the foot of their bed, she crawled under the quilt till she reached his bare back. Stretching out her dainty form above him, she tucked a lock behind his ear and murmured quietly 'Husband... wanna get up?'

'Hmmm' a slow moan eventually echoed in response to that tender wake-up call 'Itni jaldi?'

'Jaldi? It's past 9! You've finished brushing and all, na?'

'And then, I realized I got married only yesterday... so, I slept again ... besides, you kept me awake till 3 last night, remember?'

'I?' she guffawed at his blatant fib ''I' kept you awake?'

'Yeah!'

'Anyway, wake up now... mamma, papa and bhaiyya should be here any minute...' well-aware of what was to come, she bit her lip so she didn't end up laughing into his ears 'There are some morning rituals... aur thode reeti and rivaaz to be completed...'

'What!' he tossed around wide-eyed, almost displacing her from his person in the process 'More reeti rivaaz? But I've been spending more time with reeti and rivaaz than I've even spent with you in the past four days!' he paused. His eyes widened further 'One sec... by any chance, are this reeti and rivaaz going to follow us to Seychelles too?'

'No...' she could hold back her laughter no more 'They've promised me that they wouldn't follow us to Seychelles... ok? Now get up!'

'Hey...' he was about to say something, but he waited. He'd just realized that there was something appealingly different about the lady who was reposing on him. Oh yes - this was the first image of her lovely wifely morning-avtaar that he was getting to feast upon 'Mrs. Muhammed...' his thumb traced the sides of her aglow face '6 am or 10 am, I could get used to being woken up this romantically every morning! Anddd... why is this kurti so familiar?'

'This amazing kurti was gifted to me by my boyfriend...'

'Ya Allah!' his brow curved into a playfully-possessive frown 'You have a boyfriend????'

'Of course I do!' she winked 'No doubt, my husband's kinda cool... but my boyfriend...' her eyelashes batted a few extra winks 'Sigh... he was something else altogether...'

That naughty demonstration of hers ultimately got him to sit up. In mock-alarm! He was ABOUT to retaliate when his wisecracks were brought to a screeching halt - it was only now that he'd finally caught the state of the room that he was in 'What the... MY ROOM! What happened to it?'

Literally cracking up at how his mock-alarm had transformed into genuine alarm, she held his face tight to hinder any further visual scans of the bedroom 'Don't fret... I'll have it cleared up before we leave tonight... but I need your help moving one of my suitcases... it's really heavy...'

'Jodha...' he interrupted her request by gaping at her peppy expressions with an all- innocent grimace 'At first, you annexe my flat screen TV... then, my bedroom...'

'Jalal...'

'Then, you make me stay up till late at night...it's tough work, you know?'

'Jalaaal...' she glared at the trouble-maker with her hand on her hips, desperately holding back a giggle. She could predict the exact route this convo was headed in 'Now shall we...'

'And then, you wake me really early in the morning... only to gimme MORE work...'

'Jalaaal!'

'You wait a day after marriage to tell me of this boyfriend of yours!!!'

'Jalaaal!'

He dramatically slapped his forehead like a hindi serial heroine would 'Main tho barbaad ho gayaa...'

'Ufff! Fine!' letting him have it his way, Jodha gave him a long hard kiss to shut him up. Once the tactic had done its trick - like it always did - she casually came away from his lips to give him another update 'By the way, thanks to all your drama... your breakfast's getting cold!'

'Nice!' he affirmed, flaunting a content grin for having got just what he'd wanted 'And double whammy too! Breakfast in bed? When did you manage to...'

'If I manage YOU, means I can manage anything else... now close your eyes!' she got off the bed to fetch the tray 'Shantamma had to reheat it though...' catching him curiously peeking at the array on her return, she repeated her order - assertively! 'CLOSE your eyes, I said!'

'Ok ok!'

When certain he wasn't cheating, Jodha uncovered the dishes and the hot pack. Rolling up the first bite in her fingers, she took the piece up to his mouth 'Ab munh kholo!'

'Hmmm' subsequently allowing his taste-buds to absorb the flavours, a thrilled Jalal pronounced his verdict after he'd chewed through the first morsel 'Masala paratha with raitha... amazing!' and no sooner than he'd complimented her culinary skills, he could sense a second morsel awaiting his approval. Evidently, she was going to repeat the routine - with her husband blindfolded! Anyhow, this time around he was a far more willing participant. So, this game persisted through morsel three. And four. And ten. And twenty, till he realized she was having none 'How about you? Don't you want to eat with me?'

'I'm fasting...' she shushed him 'Now keep your eyes closed... and try this...'

'Arre... but... ' he was about to protest when the force-fed morsel of this new dish compelled him to fall silent. A soft smile escaped his lips, as the fresh garamaa-garam mouthful literally melted on his tongue. It was DELICIOUS. It was a success. More so because he knew how much this 'achievement' meant to her.  

'How is it?' her voice was more impatient than ever!

'Better than what Sahib Sindh Sultan has to offer! Actually, I think it's the best pineapple halwa I've ever eaten!' and he wasn't even exaggerating!

'Yesss! At last!' she crunched her fingers into a victory-fist 'You can look now...'

Opening his eyes, he encountered her glee-filled jubilation first-hand 'Just let me know when you're done...' he rambled, gazing-on at the appealing sights while continuing to be an eager-assistant to his Masterchef's kitchen experiments

'Done!' she'd patted the dazed man's cheek, exactly three seconds later 'Ta dah!'

'Already?'

'See...' she clued him in on the fact that the tiny bowl was empty 'Now go and get ready!' she paused - her tone a tad bit less authoritative than it'd been so far 'Errr... but before that... my suitcases...pleeease!'

'There...' the young man dusted his hands once those ginormous suitcases had been slid towards her new cupboard 'Ok I'm off to shower and...'

'Jalal...' she'd chased him inside the bathroom and held him by his arm 'Your shoulder's hurting again... hai na?'

'Huh?' confused, he turned around to face her 'No...'

'Liar! You were wincing when pushing around those cases... and it's not the pehli baar I've noted you wincing in pain lately... you've been neglecting your exercises again, haven't you?'

'Arre... I'm fine...'

'No!' perceiving from his nonchalance that he wasn't taking her advice too seriously, she clutched his arm harder - to caution him that she meant business 'Five minutes of exercise a day and you can lift weights till you're 60! Isn't that what the physio had said?'

'Ok baba... I'll resume the exercises...' flinging the towel on the rail, he strolled towards the glistening washbasin 'Seems like my wife's gonna be a stricter taskmaster than my mom!'

'Like it or hate it, but this is how I am! Especially towards the person I care for the most!'

My. My my! Compelled to stop in his tracks, the young man leaned against the sides of the basin. And gradually glimpsed up at the massive bathroom mirror in front, catching the reflection of his partner standing behind him. That claim. The feisty claim she'd just made - it somehow felt peculiar. And familiar. And moving. It was all only in lighter vein, but his subconscious was taking it a bit more seriously that it should be. He couldn't quite put a finger on why, but it felt like an answer to a query. Like an epiphany of some sort.

'Abbu... I'm meant to take care of all of them... but, who is meant to take care of ME?'

Anyhow. Whatever it was, he knew that her message made him feel nice. And warm. And loved. And spoilt. And protected. A reminder that he'd never be alone. And that this woman would be there for him. Always!

Beside himself with a strange mix of inexplicable emotions, Jalal managed to surprise them BOTH the very next moment. Turning around, he suddenly grabbed her by her waist and drew her into an impromptu hug - to let her know that the person she cared for the most, wouldn't have her any other way!

'Oy...' even Jodha was stunned by this all-consuming hug she'd found herself wrapped in out-of-the-blue 'What happened?'

'Nothing... just felt like it...'

'Excuses excuses!' she jested, deliberately making light of this unusual turmoil her hubby seemed to be embroiled in 'Now let go of me... and shower quickly lazy man! I'll be waiting for you...'

'Waise...' he spoke up, after the few trying seconds that it'd taken him to return to his normal frisky self 'Jo... I have an idea...' well, he clearly wasn't intending to let go of her yet 'Now that we both are here... why don't you join me in the shower? That way... you can make sure your lazy man's not being... you know... lazy!'

Taken aback by his latest suggestion, she stared up 'Badmaasssh!'

'Hey, don't glare at me like that...' his voice toned down to a slick murmur 'I've been waiting more than two years for all this... so forgive me for getting a bit greedy here...'

'Jalal... I am not gonna ruin my make-up and hair style now to...' she paused. She had to - his expressions were changing. A fresh look had come on. Oh oh. It was that 'smooth' look that meant he wasn't going to buy any excuses easily 'Jalal...'

'Fine... Jo!' he shrugged 'I get it... make-up and hair style take priority...'

'Jalal!' she closed his mouth, chuckling at the onset of this phony tantrum 'Yaar... I have so many other important things to finish now...'

'Fine!' he adamantly brought her palm down 'You go... attend to other IMPORTANT things now... but, believe you me... I shall have my revenge!'

'Uffoo...' she closed his mouth again

And he nudged her palm off again 'Just like you say yourself... all excuses... excuses!'

'Arre baba... Jalal... I...'

'In Seychelles...' he bore into her amused eyes - appearing at his vindictive best as he did so 'That's where I plan to execute my revenge... you wait and watch what I...'

'Ok LISTENNN!' in near-hysterical chortles now, she closed his mouth for the last and final round 'After lunch, I was going to sneak up for a nap... er... you wanna join me then? Maybe we could... errr... you know...' her words and laughter slowly died down as the embarrassed wife recognized what she was hinting at. As she recognized what he'd gotten her to say 'Jalal... tum na... you've made me as corrupt as you are!'

'Nice!' he affirmed, flaunting a very very content grin for having got just what he'd wanted - again!

'Just in time...'

Buttoning his bottle green silk kurta, he paced towards the dressing table near her 'Do I look as good as my sexy wife?'

She pranced up close to him and tousled a few damp locks, spending a short while examining him top to toe. The attire was sublime. And there was a slight line of surma that hadn't totally disappeared in the shower - but she wasn't going to tell him that or he'd wipe if off 'As good as your wife? Mayyybe a tad bit sexier than her!'

'Sexier than her? Impossible!' he smirked, facing the mirror so he could set his hair 'By the way, your family here yet? 

'Yup... they've started having their brunch... waiting for us to join them so they can start with the rituals!' she grinned 'Anddd... Abdul... Meera... Payal... Maan... Salim and Sana... Renu and Nikhil...'

'Woah!' he glanced at her in near-shock 'What??? They're here too???'

'Yeah to attend the morning ceremonies... and to wish us luck on our way!'

A very unconvinced laugh followed 'The whole jingbang? At 10 am? On a Sunday? To wish us luck? No way!' opening a deep drawer, his finger trailed across a plethora of expensive perfumes till it stopped at a Paco Rabanne 'Trust me... they've come JUST to weasel out details about last night... and to have fun at our expense!' having flipped open the lid and sprayed a few whiffs on, he set the bottle back 'It's typical gang masti! We did it for Salim and Sana... for Renu and Nikhil... now we'll have to sit through it too...'

'Yaar... Renu is exhausted...' she debated, while adjusting a crease on his kurta 'She's 7 months pregnant and crankier than ever... and poor harassed Nikhil just can't wait to get back to Delhi... gang masti must be the LAST thing on their mind!'

'Ok maybe Renu and Nikhil are here to give their goodbyes! But the rest? Nah... I'm not convinced!' folding his arms, he darted her a charming let's go signal 'I'm ready... chalein...' and it was then that he noted the extra-dash of coyness that'd somehow seeped into her expressions. A glimmer in her eyes that implied she was expecting something. He wasn't sure what it was though - what was he forgetting? 'Kuch tho hai...' an intrigued Jalal eventually relented 'What is it?'

'Yesss!' beaming in all glory, Jodha held up the palm that she'd been cautiously guarding from him ''I want you to apply this on me...' she unfurled her fingers to reveal a beautiful golden kumkum pot - when something odd started happening. The fingers that were balancing the auspicious trinket had begun twitching. Actually, fidgeting. And quite visibly too 'God... wh... what's...' she stared at her right hand in growing bewilderment 'W... wh...'

'Hey hey... kyaa hua...' though perplexed himself, he masked it with a swift smile to put her at ease 'Haven't seen this happening in nearly six months now...'

'Don't know...' she smiled back anxiously 'Maybe my hand is shaking cos... maybe I'm just really tensed... no... maybe I'm really excited now...'

'Achcha?' he teased, while deftly slipping his palm right under hers to support her unsteady fingers and the trinket resting on it 'You were fine through all the ceremonies in the past month ... no issues all of last week... no issues last night either...' a loving blink ensued 'Now you hold this little Sindoor thingy in your hand and achaanak se...'

'It's a Sindoor-daana...' she corrected him with a flirty frown 'Aur kyaa karein mister? You can never take the Indianness out of a desi girl, after all! Besides...' her gazes briefly drifted aside - away from his line of sight 'I've been waiting more than two years too, you know... for this.'

He understood at once. Both, her sentiments and the significance behind it all. Continuing to balance her palm with his, he picked up a pinch of the holy powder and took it up to the centre of her hairline 'There you go... tell me if it's fine.'

'Huh?' she hadn't realized it, but she'd intuitively closed her eyelids for a second as he'd completed the mini-ritual. Maybe so she could 'feel' this ultra-special moment? Well, it had to be an ultra-special moment - it was her first morning at her in laws' place. And the first instance that her husband had applied the vermillion in the privacy of their room. Hastily opening her eyes, she beheld her Sindoor-marked forehead in the mirror 'Wow!' she gasped, dusting off the few extra red specks from the tip of her nose 'SOOO cute!'

He placed his hands on her petite shoulders, fathoming how excited this entire phenomenon was making her 'Hey...' he bent over her shoulder so he could share mirror-space with his better half - and savour their joint reflection together

'We make a handsome couple, don't you think Mrs. Muhammed?'

'Yes we do, husband...'

If this made it a worthwhile read, please leave me a comment/like if time permits, as it helps the writer in me to keep going πŸ˜³

lashy thumbnail
A NOTE OF THANKS
Just keeping it simple - love you ALL loads for the support... I owe it to all of your for your support and comments! πŸ€—
And Banjaras - you rock!πŸ€—

._.Bubbles._. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I AM WAS SO DAMN EXCITED AND HAPPY WHEN I SAW YOUR POST I WAS  #OUT_OF_D_WORLD  πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ 
OMG LASHY  awesome chappy cant believe what i now read u made everything so clear that i can even imagine it in my mine πŸ˜Š
😊😊
you are totally awesome 
wow cldnt believe  dey are married and they hubby n wifey tlks awww
n yes cant forget renu married and prego OMG dats big new(she settle down)... LOLπŸ˜† she crankier than ever πŸ˜†
i totally love this chappy β€οΈβ€οΈ
#with_love_bubbles β€οΈ
Edited by Sofia3000 - 9 years ago
harrybird thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
WHEN I SAW YOUR POST...

spongebob squarepants animated GIF

WHEN I READ YOUR POST !

crush animated GIF

cat animated GIF

kawaii animated GIF

THIS ONE FOR MY OOH GIRL ! πŸ˜³

β€οΈ      β€οΈ
Edited by harrybird - 9 years ago
Rashmi81 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ohhh this sooo cute !!!!!!!Very very very ... cute,Muaaah πŸ€—
A special treat from you for the holiday week .Oh shradz ,our very own generous Santa you are ! It's more beautiful than what I expected .While reading I thought many times that I am in a dreamland where everything is just so perfect .Jo is back to herself and Jalal has got "his girl" back ,the way he always loved her.
No wonder this was more than worth the wait you said .What a journey it was of 60 chapters .We lived every moment with Jajo .We cried with them ,we laughed with them ,were worried for them and even prayed for them .Today it's like the almighty  answered the prayers and Jajo are now " Mr and Mrs" starting a beautiful journey .
First of all I am so happy to see Jo has got her "loreal girl" like hair back.Her speech is perfect now and her confidence is back.She is enjoying every moment of being newly married like getting dressed up ,applying make up ,enjoying the rituals and Yesss those ticklish naughty nights.This is what Jalal wanted when asked to wait for the marriage .
And if she is the pampered DIL of Ammi then Jalal is the pampered SIL of Malti.πŸ˜›Ufff what a family and now the two families from two different backgrounds have blended into each other like two colors come together and form a different but yet a beautiful color all together.
And that naughty update of naughty night β˜ΊοΈ...Ufff so romantic and hot ,I think Jahnu will tell you in a much better way and Anjali with her "pics" .
Aamir khan nowadays is singing "Love is a waste of time" but reading NJPA he will def say that it's worth the time wasted .Rather we can never "value" love or put a pricetag on it .Its above everything ,
Shradz thanks again for this wonderful story and making us a part of it .I am feeling so sad that this has come to an end but every good thing ends somewhere so that we cherish it's memory .NJPA will be one of the best memories of my life.
Edited by Rashmi81 - 9 years ago
hemakeerti thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
'Like it or hate it, but this is how I am! Especially towards the person I care for the most!'

Is this Jodha or Shraddha? The doubt I had since reading the first line of epilogue confirmed with this one line..  I confirmed I'm reading Jodha but internally I'm envisaging Shraddha... πŸ˜‰.. not my fault though πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.. for starters, let me tell you a day before this update, Kal and I discussed and concluded Shraddha to be the most protective and caring woman amongst us.. πŸ˜†

Remember Rash's compliment the other day? Mr.Lash should be very lucky for having a romantic wife like you... πŸ˜†.. and this epilogue stands a testimony.. β˜ΊοΈ.. savoring the aroma of his tunic, reddish mark on the shoulder, hot air blows on midriff.. uff... somebody save me from heat.. β˜ΊοΈ.. your blue part is actually red hot.. πŸ€£.. hotter than the banner... πŸ˜‰

but I want to log a complaint for stealing my brain here.. didn't get it?? For stealing the beautiful wife-hubby moment.. kissing of mangalsutra β˜ΊοΈ.. this is something that would have definitely been incorporated if I were to write a wedding night and the moment I read it here, I was like...😲 πŸ˜ƒβ˜ΊοΈ...

Phew.. I just realized I was behaving like Shantamma.. blushing hard as if I was the one newly wedded... πŸ€£.. btw you distracted me with Robbie thing.. as you mentioned in the last chapter like holding a brush is nearly impossible, I gave up the painting resurrection wish..πŸ˜‰but glad that she has recovered 90% physically, able to work, able to read, able to paint, able to cook and more important.. the tickles are back.. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰.. btw I never heard of Sechelles before.. thanks for educating me.. by any chance was that your honeymoon spot?? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And coming to other couples.. happy to see them all settled in lives..  and don't tell me Abdul-Meera ain't pair.. and it's still my wishful thinking.. πŸ˜†..  

What else dear.. now I'm falling short of words to write a proper conclusion... may be because I don't want this to end.. but I have a sense of content, gratification.. you delivered what you promised.. a proper happy wala ending.. and nothing more can befit than this beautiful epilogue.. Jalal got his true companion in form of Jo, and Jo got her true love in form of Ja...

that last image.. a shore and a couple hugging..  btw is that a couple there? To me it seemed a couple, not sure if it actually is .. that last image reminds me of the last line in most of the fairy princess tales.. "... And then they lived happily there after..."

Edited by hemakeerti - 9 years ago
deepzz thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Hey lashy, this is my first comment on ur NJAPA...i have been a silent reader ..but since this is the last update of the awesome NJAPA. ..i have to bring my not-so-good writing skill into action ...to say simple... I LOVE IT n it will always remain close to my heart...reading this always make me feel that I am a witness of Jodha n jalal's love...u made me cry, smile,laugh n blush every emotion of this world with ur NJAPA... I am feeling happy n content after reading this epilogue..it is the best..NJAPA made me feel every moment of Jodha n jalal's life n all credit goes to u for giving such a beautiful ff ...
N coming to ur writing skills..u have the power of pen ...i have read ur OS too n they are so beautifully written...u describe them so nicely that it feels I am a witness of those scenes...
a humble request plzz continue with ur writing for JA forum...write any ff or os b/c u make the characters alive.. Keep writing...stay blessed!! N sorry my like button is not working so could not like it but after reading this big comment u anyways know I m in awe of this NJAPA n ur writing!!! Edited by deepzz - 9 years ago