Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Bombaytola

😭  I am one of those person that cries even in reality shows even though the rational brain says its all edited to perfection. How can u not cry to seeing emotions in DT and KP's eyes they both are acting personified!!! Such a great job with the collages G. All quotes today and ur collage have left me in no state to work. 

On a sligh happy note Docs gif left a slight smile on my face.
Doc quick request would love to read ur take on both of thier emotions today.
G thank u so much for doing this

I am glad the gif made you smile 😃...I would love to write but this episode is just perfect and I mean PERFECT so don't want to ruin it with my words, and I am so flattered that you want to read my thoughts..It just made my day. 😳
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Payal-

I feel like I'm overstepping into your territory, but that song has been plaguing me since the heartbreaking precap scene yesterday. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its probably my favorite composition by him (that's a bold statement, I know). 

The floodgates have opened (that 2nd collage did me in all over again; Gan's killing us)...so as you can imagine, lots of JS for me today too.

PS: That Yeats poem is one of my favorites. And of course that JS ghazal...do I even need to say it? I've been listening to it since u posted it. Perfection. ❤️

I would concur with you that song probably is one of my fav from Gulzar saab 😃, Yeats poem has so much depth to it, whenever I read it I find new dimensions to his lines and that ghazal, I knew you would enjoy it 😳...G has been killing us today with these perfect collages for a perfect episode. 😊
Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post! So well written 👏

I really liked today's episode.Beautiful dialogues & some moments really tugged at the heartstrings. Father & daughter conversation, Ishita inhaling Raman's scent. Raman talking to Ishita's picture & pouring his heart out.

But scene of the day was Ishita trying to tell Raman about her feelings. Raman avoiding Ishita, it was really affecting her and those tears were proof of that.

And Raman leaves Ishita without letting her complete what she's been dying to say...but not before he delicately tugs a strand of  hair behind her ear 😳

These 2 love each other like crazy. But it's taken them too long to confess it to themselves let alone each other. And hats off to Divyanka & Karan 👏 they really excel in the emotional scenes.
RomComFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Finally updated on Pg1.

Sorry for the delay but a real life crisis beckoned, and as much I prefer to reminisce on ISHRA it simply wasn't possible earlier. 😳
shanry thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Where to start - what an episode!
G's collage actually says it all, all the emotions are captured which in a nutshell tells you - this was an epic emotional epi.

But in all that emotion my favourite parts were:

...Ruhi telling her papa that seeing him on a lap top is not the same as her being able to sit on his lap...

...Ishita hugging Raman's packed bag and declaring just how much she's gonna miss him...

This whole break up/divorce track is hinged on the happiness of these 2 women in Raman's life. And yet when both these women keep telling him, subtly and not so subtly, that they want to be with him, they need to be with him, he is forced to turn his heart to stone and turn away from them.

Turn away from the truth that's staring him in the face...

Turn away from the truth that's IshRa & IshRaRu need to stick together coz they are ONE (as Ruhi declared a couple of episodes ago).

"To love is to sacrifice" that is such BS yaar but unfortunately RKB believes that and you got to love him more for all the "love" that he is displaying.

I can't wait for the "To love is to Stick Together and Face the World" track to begin. Now that would be an epic in itself.
-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Payal-

Holy Mother of God, Gan, I'm crying at your collages, especially the second 
- my breath caught when I saw that one. 
The poignant, overwhelming emotion beautifully captured. I have no words.
I was going to try to add thoughts of my own, but the collages got to me...I just can't.

Thank you.

Lots of stolen words today...my feels are all over the place.

"I love you. Our love has been the thread through the labyrinth, the net under the high-wire walker, the only real thing in this strange life of mine that I could ever trust. Tonight I feel that my love for you has more density in this world than I do, myself: as though it could linger on after me and surround you, keep you, hold you."
Audrey Niffenegger

"Those who really love you don't mean to hurt you, and if they do, you can't see it in their eyes, but it hurts them too."
Holly Black

Raman

"The whole world is divided for me into two parts: one is she, and there is all happiness, hope, light; the other is where she is not, and there is dejection and darkness..."
Leo Tolstoy

Aandhi ki tarha ud kar ik raah guzarti hai

Sharmaati huwi koyi qadmo se utarti hai 

In reshmi raaho mein ik raah to woh hogi 

Tum tak jo pahonchti hai is mod se jaati hai 

Is mod se jaate hain 

Ishita

"Tucker strokes my hair. There's something so tender about the gesture. It might as well have been him whispering I love you."
Cynthia Hand

Ik door se aati hai paas aake palat-ti hai 

Ik raah akeli si rukti hai na chalti hai 

Ye soch ke baithhi hu ik raah to woh hogi 

Tum tak jo pahonchti hai is mod se jaati hai 

Is mod se jaate hai

Pure perfection. The episode was more than I could have ever wanted or expected.
The writing is the best I've ever seen. 

A wife, overwhelmed by her emotions, desperate to finally profess her love, eager to let her feelings be known.

A husband overwhelmed by his guilt, trying to escape the pain of leaving her, unable to face the ocean of love and melancholy reflected in her eyes.

A couple, desperately trying to hold on to one last moment together...to make one lasting memory that would stand the test of fleeting time. 

I'm deeply touched...the episode doesn't leave much to be said.

Hats off to the writers of this beautiful story...and to the exceptional actors that bring these characters to life.

Love.
P

PS: Her spraying herself with his perfume...and his outburst at Pathak - "Mujhe kuch sukoon nahi mil raha yeh sab karke." My heart.  🥺

Payal isnt it funny that as I PMed you guys about why I steered clear of yours and Doc's posts today as you guys' words make me speechless and numb with emotions  and what you post even with borrowed words convey the feeling.  Aandhi is a very favorite movie of mine and the way you have used the stanzas of that song...I'm in awe!

And now I know which quote you thought about when you saw the precap yesterday...and what a perfect fit...that scene had such a strong undertone of love and the tenderness with which he tucked that tendril of hair and how she closed her eyes and drank in that feeling...that's love.
@bold...beautiful !

Her inhaling his perfume ...beautiful touch by the CVs

N.R.Rona thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thnx alot gan...it was only a wish and u made it come true..
and i must say the collage includes all the scenes i hoped for..the last scene with ishus eyes welled up was a heartbreaking scene which i loved very much and thanked DT for such an amazing scene...thank you for including it...

its like u read my mind..i cant bring my gratitude in words gan..sryyy..

it may be silly but i feel special after you have done it..
thank youuu...
-Gan- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eyes-Wide-Shut

G I am so overwhelmed with today's episode and all the emotions, the feels are out of control and I do not know if I will be able to put anything worth the beauty of your post today. Today's episode for me has been the best so far, and that scene in their bedroom for me is the best Ishra scene period.  If from tomorrow the show goes to the dogs in the race of TRP, I will still be a happy audience because I will cherish today's episode and the that scene between those two souls will always remain etched in my memory as an essence of this beautiful show. . Ah wait .. No I first want her to smack him .. Then let the show go to dogs.. 😆.. But on serious note I do agree .. That's why I said lets compartmentalize and put ourselves in such a situation.for the moment .. If there were no tomorrow. And just for an episode like today .. I , who didn't care about a formal confession, now want it just to see their reaction to the I love you said to them by the person that their heart desires

I always think if these characters were in my hands what would I make them say, how would I make them behave, how would they look etc, today that scene in the bedroom between a longing wife and a fleeting husband was PERFECTION in my fictional world, I wouldn't change a thing, not a thing! Oh G I just don't kow what to say about that scene anymore, the way he was avoiding her and changing direction and the way she was repeatedly facing him almost forcing him to SEE her, his eyes on the ground, hers on him, his eyes somberly moist, hers glistening with tears, her uneasiness at the thought of separation, his guilt and remorse at the thought of togetherness, her desire to shower him with love, hers to shield her from his...*Sigh* And then the line that struck me in my heart and then there was no coming back for me: Aur Ruhi ke tede mede papa ke liye...ushki seedhi Ishimaa'oh I loved that scene .. And you described it to perfection ... You knw the irony of it .. He always says.. 'Aankhon mein aankhen daal ke baat karo' and today he couldn't make eye contact 

I can't! There is not much to be said about perfection in the fear that I might ruin it by my words so I'll stop here.

I leave you with my favorite poem for Ishita and one of my favorite ghazals for puttar

Ishita:

Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths 
Of night and light and the half-light;
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

W. B. Yeats

Perfect! That's all .  

Ishita has laid down the blanket of her dreams under puttar's feet, oh dear puttar tread lightly as you tread on her dreams.

Puttar:

Teri khusboo mai basey khat mai jalaata kaise
Pyar mai doobe hu-e khat mai jalaata kaise

Jinka har lafz mujhe yaad hai paani ki tarah
Yaad they mujko jo paighaam-e-zubaani ki tarah
Mujhko pyaare they jo anmol nishani ki tarah
Tere khusboo mai basey khat mai jalaata kaise

Toone duniya ki nigahon se jo bachkar likhi
Saal dar saal mere naam barabar likhi
Kabhi din mai toh kabhi raath ko uthkar likhi
Tere khusboo mai basey khat mai jalaata kaise
Tere haathon ke likhe khat mai jalaata kaise
Tere khat aaj main Ganga mai bahaa aaya hoon
Aag behte hu-e paani mai laga aaya hoon..

Another beautiful one!   

Thanks sweetie for making a post even though you're not 100% .. You know I look forward your post... And I'm never disappointed even if the episode disappoints me
-Gan- thumbnail

Originally posted by: 3fra

The true love is bigger than simple three ward love is passion, care for each other, think about each other happiness , etc love is huge feeling honest action and true reaction you never and ever can explaine love just in three wards I LOVE YOU no never 

Lovely thought .. So true! 
-Gan- thumbnail

Originally posted by: RomComFan

Res...
How many times can our hearts break?  ISHRA, KP & DT are really testing our limits.😔

---EDIT---
Firstly G, wonderful quotes, collages and  post.  You just  get it  every time,  I am simply amazed .  👏  Payal and Doc  your Tolstoy and Yeats ones especially - utter perfection!   Such amazing  selections ladies.  It could not be any better.  Please take a bow!  ... and these gold stars for all your amazing efforts, each and every day!⭐️⭐️⭐️

Now onto today's  episode.  So many  great aspects to this  but to me the moment  was the preview moment from yesterday, as I knew it would be.  What a terrific scene, so much said with so little words.  The scene, the moment , everything about it was spot on classic ISHRA.  And  undoubtedly it was reminiscent of several previous moments. But for me, the one I immediately recalled was during the MIMI wedding track when Ishu was fixing Raman's pajama as he sat wrapped in her saree and tried to reach out and brush back the hair in her face.    It was more of a lighthearted moment then this for sure, but still presents an excellent basis for comparison. It was a moment quite similar to this one,  but then the hesitancy in the reaching out  was due to the current MU at the time, and uncertainty about the welcomesness of the touch and the lines of their relationship.   

At present , this is not the case, they both know  how they feel despite the lack of verbalization;  and her leaning in to the touch clearly indicates the welcome, or more precisely, the desperation for the touch. But still, even acting on the impulse,  he holds himself back from giving into moment.    Because he knows doing that would mean accepting the millions of promises in her eyes, and that is something he cannot afford if he wants to 'do the right thing'  That is why even in 'giving in' to the touch  he refuses to meet her eyes as  she surround him in her movements and words trying to bring him back to her,  to them.

I have to say that I am loving all these comparative moments, and the flashbacks that accompany them.  The message seems to be that Raman needs to be destroyed by the weight of his own  past and actions that it prompts in order to come out  of it as Ishita's Raman , the man who can accept his own innate  worth and value  and the same of his presence in Ishu's present and future. 

To this end, I am really looking forward to a real, honest conversation between ISHRA regarding the motives and thought process behind the divorce notification.  This needs to happen, and hopefully before the next unwelcome entry into the Bhalla home.  As I have said before, I am not waiting for the 'confession'- that is an afterthought to me right now.  They both know where they stand, they are both adults  and I actually appreciate the sweetness of their many failed attempts and the cute, flirty behaviour that accompanies  them.  But to me, this is the most important conversation/ confrontation that  must happen in order for both the viewers and the characters to get closure on this track  and to fully invest in ISHRA's real romance.

This is what I want, this is all I  want right now.  It seems to be the overall promise of this track and I hope that CVs handle it with the delicacy and brutality it deserves- undoubtedly KP & DT will do their part to make it an incredible ISHRA moment.

To conclude I want to extend a  belated apology  as I now realize that so many of my recent posts have been about comparisons and flashbacks (which is what makes them longer then may be necessary) and my appreciation of them- but I am a details girl and this is the stuff I live for; it' s what I inspect  in real life and it's what I enjoyed in school.  And for me, looking at the growth in their relationship this way is what gives it real meaning.  Please indulge me as I am sure I will have more such posts in the future.😳

Anu we Love your detailed posts and your throwback at the past makes the scenes more meaningful.. Never ever apologize for what you write .. Numbervof words never matter.. It's what you need to express your take from the episode. 

I concur with your thoughts about their formal confession.. Have said it here several times too... It's last two episodes.. Ishita's need to let him know..and the way she said while speaking to Mani..' ,and he'll say I love you too' made me feel that for these two souls who have dealt with pain of unrequited love it wotld mean quite something to hear ' I love you ' from their beloved's lips .. Hence I added that part.. 

And the convo about divorce... Yes they need to address that .. She needs to know wher the idea came from.. Know about his guilt .. Know about his feeling of unworthiness .. Only then like you said will emerge Ishita's raman 

Loved your post and please continue to share your insights into a scene vis-a-vis past .. 😊

Edited by GanBarunFan - 9 years ago