Parmeet-Ishita Fiasco: The Start of Raman's Ishita

--PriyaRay-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

** Part of ORIGINAL ANALYSIS of YHM characters & events 

#1st Analysis 

Ishita Iyer just ended ties with her would-be fiance Pratik. Raman Bhalla felt responsible for the break-up and used his power and influence to persuade Pratik to reconsider the decision. Pratik agreed. When he approached Ishita, she firmly said, " I can not imagine my life with a man who shows his back at the first sign of trouble." 

This is Ishita's dream of a lifer partner. She obviously thought Subbu was the man but she was wrong. For the same reason, Ishita could never imagine Subbu as her life partner again. Ishita's life partner had to be a man who would stand beside her through thick and thin. So, who's gonna be the guy? Ishita honestly didn't know and at that point of time, she never imagined to find one. She knew one though - Mani - Abhimanyu Raghav. Honestly speaking, only Abhimanyu Raghav remotely had chance to become Ishita's life partner, Subbu had no chance whatsoever. That's why Ishita's hero Mani track was introduced right after Ishita's realization and acceptance of her love for Raman. And, Raman knew what Mani was capable of. Only lacking of Abhimanyu Raghav was that he was not Raman Kumar Bhalla - the man Ishita was destined for. She was made just for him. Cosmic connection as Ishita used to say. 

Bala, Subbu and Mani - three men Ishita Iyer looked upto in her growing years. Bala was her brother in law, more like an elder brother she never had. He was her idol, perfect husband/life partner for her sister. She hoped to have someone like him as her life partner in future, so Bala's younger brother Subbu became her childhood sweetheart. Banes of impressionable age, you see! But Mani was real, he was her best friend and  he was indeed her hero. She could count on him, depend on him. And, there was another man, Ishita Iyer's Appa, Mr Vishwanathan Iyer- her everything in growing up years. He was a simple family man but always stood for what was right. An honest man, through & through. Mr Iyer, no wonder, chose Ishita Iyer's next everything - Raman Kumar Bhalla. Check & Mate. 

When Raman was absent from the scene on their engagement day, fuming Ishita self talked...what her Appa saw in that man!!...so much so that he threatened to go hunger strike if she refused to marry that man!! At least she knew the reality of that incorrigible man. But deep down she knew, unlike her, her father was not  gullible...who can be fooled. He knew people and could see through them. So, that incorrigible Man Raman must be having something but she failed to pinpoint what. The Parmeet fiasco was the eye opener. 

Before this Parmeet track, Ishita already came to know Raman was a doted father, not just to Ruhi but Adi as well. He once was a great husband to Shagun and a family man who treated his siblings as his children. A man who took care of everyone he held dear. All Ishita's first impressions about him proved wrong. She slowly started to like the man once he hated, the only man she ever hated. The emotions had always been so strong when it came to that man. Then the horrible Parmet-Ishita incident happened, Bhallas and Iyers were at war with each other. During this war of words between Bhallas and Iyers, a man silently did the unthinkable, he stood for the truth even thought it broke his sister's heart, even though it tore apart his beloved family. When it comes to family, even the most righteous man faulters. But not that man. He went against his family for the truth...to support a woman who was just Ruhi's mother to him. Bala, Ishita's idol, lacked there. He neither had the guts nor the charisma to get things done. He could passively support Ishita but could not go all the way to make his mother and much younger brother to change their decision. He wasn't a go-getter when things really mattered, not just this one...most of the cases. Mani, on the other hand, was an independent man, he never knew the complexities of relationships...where heroism often didn't work. There, Raman Kumar Bhalla edged above both Mani & Bala. " I am a small part of my family...I don't know how to give lecture...I am not a hero and I don't want to be one" Raman at the end of the fiasco said to the Iyer clan. Little did he know, by his gesture, he already become Ishita's ultimate hero. Ishita now knew why her Appa chose him for her. Saying no to this man... ignoring him from now on was never an option. Falling in love with this man was just a matter of time. 'Ruhi ke liye" was just a veil now - a defence mechanism to mask true feelings.

Everything changed from now on...every relationships changed...begun to have new meanings. Ishita started to see the world through Raman. The start of Raman's Ishita. She now burned in jealousy when her hubby mentioned an imaginary childhood crush. Few days ago she wouldn't even care. She started to see Ruhi's grandparents, uncles and aunts as her Raman's parents, brothers and sisters respectively. She even tried to make time for Romi and inquired about his wellbeings whereas previously most of her time was occupied by Ruhi. Any discomfort, any pain of Raman pierced her heart. She for the first time after this track started to make effort for Adi...considered him as her family member... her son. Ishita's changed equation with Shagun and Adi was a clear indication of how she saw things now. Anyone who was dear to Raman was now dear to Ishita as well. That's why Param was brought back to Bhalla house. Because he was her patidev's sister's husband. She could not see Raman in constant pain because of all this. She even brought her Sautan in Bhalla house while she was drunk & homeless because Shagun was Raman's love. The wife Ishita Bhalla made all these adjustments, compromises that Ishita Iyer would have never done. Biwi no 1 in drunk state uttered the truth to Biwi no 2, " Ishita, you treat Raman as God,....".  What Ishita had for Raman was not just love...it was way way above that...it was close to worship. All started with this ...Raman sealed the deal in Ishita's heart for life by being her hero at the end of this fiasco. 

Trivia:

Speaking of sealing the deal, ever wonder why no one except Raman could put a ring on Ishita's finger? Subbu, Pratik both managed to be present on their engagement day but failed to put a ring. Raman was the only man Ishita engaged with (that too twice) and eventually married. Raman first put a ring on Ishita's finger to symbolise her loyalty & commitment for him. The second time, it symbolized her boundless love and devotion for him. According to Raman, puting a ring on a lady's finger meant sealing the deal for life time. How could anyone else have that privilege in Ishita's life other than Raman? So, it was him only who sealed the deal. 

Edited by --PriyaRay-- - 6 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manan_Pani_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Bala always seemed like a weak personality.  When the MiMi fake MMS scandal broke out, he acted in charge initially by beating up Mihir and intimidating Bhallas but once RKB got in, he didn't follow up.  Ishita fought with RKB. That was odd, Ishita was so calm and composed yet whenever she came in contact with RKB, she ended up fighting with him. It seemed like  she enjoyed fighting with him! 

Another time, Bala tried to be hero to Vandu by solving college exam paper leak scandal but messed it up royally and got played by a lad called Romi. I think he wanted to be a hero but he didn't have it in him. 

On the other hand, Mr Iyer never wanted to be a hero but he could identify one. I think Raman had the same trait, shall I say Happy Bhalla in him never wanted to be a hero. Happy Bhalla was more than satisfied with leading a average life. RKB was a hero but Happy Bhalla in him resisted it to come out. But both of them were heroes. Mr Iyer was an unsung hero to his wife and daughters while Raman was a reluctant hero for his family. 

I always felt Mr Iyer had special soft corner for Raman. Just like Ishita, as you mentioned, saw Bala as her elder brother she never had, Mr Iyer saw Raman as her son he never had. Ishita was his favourite daughter, so her husband that he chose for her had to be special. 

And, yes..Parmeet- Ishita fiasco had to be a turning point for Ishita Raman relationship , specially for Ishita. Ishita had a history of rejections, Subbu dumped her at their engagement day. Men did not seem her worthy of anything, let alone standing up for her. Here family man RKB fought for her by going against his own family, risking permanent damage of his relationships with family members. If I were Ishita, I would be so elated to finally have a man, that too my husband even if it was for namesake, who would stand beside me  in toughest times no matter what. And yes, falling in love with him would be just a matter of time.

--Meena-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Oh man! That was RKB at his finest! Any wife will feel like really lucky to have a hubby like him after what he did to Param inspite of knowing the consequences. Sugarcoated promises and sweet romantic talks are soo over-rated, what matters the most is action. And, RKB is a man of action rather than rosy words. 

ek-paheli thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: --PriyaRay--

And, there was another man, Ishita Iyer's Appa, Mr Vishwanathan Iyer- her everything in growing up years. He was a simple family man but always stood for what was right. An honest man, through & through. Mr Iyer, no wonder, chose Ishita Iyer's next everything - Raman Kumar Bhalla. Check & Mate. 

Such a meaningful analogy when you put it that way! "Check & Mate" indeed!

ankitasen thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 days ago

RES