Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

He stole Vishnu's crown (Well, technically it is the same)😆.
Yep, I took it for granted that both of us know they're the same and we prefer Kanha. 😆
If you are waiting for the secret... well, unfortunately, except for Narayana, Mahabali, Mahalakshmi and perhaps Shiva, no one in the fourteen lokas knows why he decided to steal the crown...😆😆
Grr!

Ploughed her down... wow I never noticed it! Yeah, Dau is like that... that's why Krsna is so happy - he will have someone to seek shelter when he teases Dau...😉😉

Rajshekhar Basu's version took it a notch higher, and showed that Balram had actually pulled her down to an abnormally short height. Then, Krishna suggested she hangs from a branch of a tree while Balram pulls her down to a normal height! 🤣

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Putham pudhu chapter enga? ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Chapter 34: Hell Ceases to Be

Sandipani welcomed his dear shishyas to his Gurukula. "Welcome, my children! Welcome back to my humble dwelling!"

Both Krsna and Balarama fell flat at their guru's feet, their brothers and Upashloka following suit. Sandipani blessed them all and said, "So, he is Upashloka, I guess? Resembles you in all aspects except your complexion! And this must be Krita! You have got your mother Rohini's gentle eyes and your father's majestic form!"

Balarama smiled. Krita had never got enough of that compliment, though by now he knew the lines before anyone said them!

Sandipani turned to Shaarana, Raajanya and Hemangada, describing them with as many poetic phrases as he could, and accurately identifying their similarities with their parents. After greeting them all, he led them into the Gurukula, where a cheerful Sulabha Devi greeted them, and embraced her two old shishyas. They greeted Sandipani Muni's son Madhu, who fell at their feet, even though he was technically older than them. "Pranam Prabhu!" said Madhu happily.

Sulabha Devi turned to Krsna. "I still don't think that we have thanked you enough for bringing back Madhu from Yamaloka, Putras!"

"It was just our Gurudakshina Mata! Don't make our Punyas go away by thanking us!"

"Yamaloka?" chirped in Shaarana, ever ready for stories.

"Yes, dear Shaarana, your elder brothers went all the way to Yamaloka to bring back Madhu, and called it Gurudakshina. Shall I tell you the story?" asked Sulabha.

The children cried, "Yes, Mata!" while both Baladeva and Madhava turned pink with embarrassment. "It was nothing, really," began Krsna but Sulabha stopped him. "No Putra, don't interrupt during the story!"

Your brothers Krsna and Balarama were extremely fast in learning! They finished in one day what a normal student would take a month to learn! Both me and your Gurudeva were extremely astonished at their progress, and the day soon came when they had completed all that we could teach them.

They promptly came to us and asked, "Oh Mata! Oh Gurudeva! Pray, tell us what we may offer you in gratitude for the ocean of knowledge you have bestowed upon us!"

I looked at your Gurudev with meaning, for it was only the previous night that I had lamented that Madhu was not there to meet and befriend Balarama and Krsna! He shook his head fervently, but when I persisted, he finally agreed, though reluctantly.

So I told your brothers, "Oh my dear children! There is but one regret which both of us have. Twelve years ago, we had gone to Prabhasa Kshetra to worship Lord Somanatha along with our son Madhu. Despite our warning, Madhu proceeded to take a dip in the ocean, disregarding the turbulent waves and dangerous aquatic creatures lurking among the waters. It was the last we saw of him!"

Krsna smiled as he remembered how his Gurumata had burst into tears and Sandipani Muni had looked at both of them apologetically, for it was obvious what she had been asking - she wanted her son back from the dead, which was not possible. But Gurumata had continued to sob, which both Balarama and Krsna had been unable to bear.

And I had only to utter my wish that I fervently desired Madhu to be brought back from Yamaloka, when they said, "As you say, Mata. We shall proceed at once to Prabhasa."

And they took our blessings and left Avanti towards Prabhasa.

Sandipani Muni took the thread from there.

Your brothers reached Prabhasa within five days and immediately summoned Lord Varuna. They asked the Lord of the Ocean about Madhu's whereabouts, but Varuna told them, that he had no information about what had happened to Madhu, since he had entered the lair of the asura named Panchajana. Therefore both Krsna and Balarama dived into the depths of the sea and reached Panchajana's abode, where they dueled with the deadly asura, whom even Varuna could not vanquish. After slaying him, Krsna and Balarama searched his abode and found a resplendent conch (the very same conch which your brother possesses even now). Due to winning it from Panchajana, Krsna named this conch Panchajanya.

Concluding that Madhu had been devoured by Panchajana, both of them decided to proceed to Samyamani, the capital city of Yamaloka. Obtaining from Varuna the divine Vimana to travel there, your brothers journeyed to the Abode of Death.

"Yamaloka?!" cried all five boys with fear and astonishment. "How could both of you go there, Bhratashri?" asked Krita.

"It was all the grace of Gurudeva, Krita." Replied Krsna. Sandipani vehemently denied Krsna's statement. "It was all due to his own prowess, Krita. I had nothing to do with it."

"And then what happened?"

"Upon reaching Yamaloka, they announced their arrival to Lord Yama by blowing on the Panchajanya, the sound of which made Yama and his attendants rush out in fear!"

Balarama caught Krsna's eyes. He knew the whole story. Krsna had not blown the conch merely for announcing his arrival.

Samyamani, Twelve Years Ago...

Krsna and Balarama stared at the capital of Yamaloka. An architecturally grand city, it was devoid of the colours one found in most prosperous kingdoms. The reason was obvious: Naraka could not be a beautiful place, lest the sinners sent to face their punishment revel in its beauty.

From there vantage point they could hear the torturous screams of the Jivatmas who had been sentenced Naraka by Lord Yama for their misdeeds on earth. All twenty eight hells situated in Yamaloka echoed with millions of such cries of those Jivatmas. Any sane person would lose their mind on hearing those shrieks of agony. Since Madhu had died when he was under fourteen years of age, he would not have experienced any of these Narakas, but would be either held custody by Yama based on his previous karmas, or be sent to higher lokas.

As they proceeded towards the gates, another thousand screams pierced their ears. Krsna looked at his brother, his decision etched on his face. Balarama said, "I agree with your decision. So, will you take the honour?"

In reply, Krsna lifted the Panchajanya. He pressed it to his lips, and blew. The atmosphere of Yamaloka vibrated with the deafening sound emitted by the conch. And in that instant, all the millions of screams pervading the air ceased to be.

In Asipatravana, the Forest of Sword Trees, the attendants of Yamaraja paused in their punishments. The swords they carried had melted, and the sword-like leaves on the trees had all turned into soft flower-like leaves.

The inhabitants of Raurava, the Hell of Terror, started laughing and singing with joy. Similarly, those situated in Bhairava Hell began to dance with excitement.

Meanwhile, in Kumbhipaka, where the sinners were thrown into a vat of boiling oil, the oil transformed into cool, scented water, to the utter amazement of the Jivatmas. In the fields of Lohasoochika, or Fields of Iron Needles, the sharp needles softened into velvet-like carpets.

The prisoners of Shringatavi, where they were impaled onto sharp spikes, suddenly fell onto the soft ground, the spikes disappearing in wisps of smoke.

The Vaitarani river which surrounded Yamaloka, burning with heat, suddenly became cool and refreshing, causing the Pitris, the forefathers, to stare in astonishment.

As each of the twenty-eight hells ceased to be hells, the millions of sinners populating Naraka watched in bewilderment as millions of celestial Vimanas arrived from the firmament, each being guided by four-handed personalities bearing a Chakra, Shankha, Gada and Padma. While this was happening, Yamaraja, Chitragupta and his attendant Narantaka rushed to the gates of Samyamani, to see all of the sinners in Yamaloka ascend the divine Vimanas and proceed towards Vaikuntha. Chitragupta and Yama looked at each other in disbelief and then noticed Lord Krsna and Balarama standing in front of them.

Narantaka charged towards Krsna, his rage evident on his face. "How dare you release these millions of Jivatmas, who have committed so many crimes, without even informing us of your plans?!"

And with his weapons he tried to harm Krsna. Krsna smiled, and all of Narantaka's weapons fell to the ground. Call your master, oh Yamaduta. I shall talk directly to him."

Within the time of this duel, Yama and Chitragupta had arrived, their faces depicting their fury. Without a thought, Yamaraja flung his Kaladanda, his Spear of Death, towards Krsna. Balarama couldn't stand this unwanted duel any longer, and jumped into the fray, swiftly catching the Kaladanda with his left hand and hurling it back at its owner.

Yama was terrified. When it seemed as if his weapon would hit himself, Lord Brahma appeared in their midst. Bowing to Krsna and Balarama, he waved away the Kaladanda, and said to Yama, "Realise the glory of Narayana, Oh Yamaraja, and accept his decree. It is by His Will that you have this Post of the Lord of Death, and therefore, if he has decided so, then acknowledge his decision to grant Moksha to all the Jivatmas of Naraka."

Yama took a moment to digest this huge piece of information, then along with Chitragupta and Narantaka, bowed down his head towards Krsna and Balarama. "I accept your decision, my Lords. Tell me, of what service may I be to you?"

Krsna smiled. "Oh Yamaraja, we have come to retrieve the soul of my Guru Sandipani Muni's son, as Gurudakshina. Please give back Madhu's soul to us, so that we may fulfil our Dakshina towards our great Guru."

Yama turned to Brahma, who nodded fervently, as if not wanting to restate what he had just said. Then, with Brahmadeva's help, Yama created a new body and infused within it the soul of Madhu. AS madhu came back to life, Krsna smiled and blessed him with happiness and true knowledge for the duration of his new life.

"And as soon as Krsna blew his conch, Lord Yamaraja rushed to the gates of Samyamani, fearing an intrusion, but upon seeing Krsna and Balarama, he offered his respects and immediately restored Madhu to life!" continued Sandipani.

Krsna's brothers and son looked at him and Balarama with a mixture of wonder and pride, as both of them became red. Sandipani resumed. "Along with Madhu, these two returned to Avanti, to this very place where we stand. Since this place marks the arrival of your brothers from Yamaloka, I consulted with Gargachrya and named it Ankapada, or The Mark of Return. Gargacharya further informed me that, by the decree of Brahmadeva, all who worship Narayana at this place attain Vaikuntha after their life."

Madhu looked at Krsna and Balarama. "I offer my obeisance to both of you, Oh Lords, for you have blessed with me with all Knowledge of Thyselves." Together with Madhu, Krita, Raajanya, Shaarana, Hemangada and Upashloka fell at the feet of Krsna and Balarama, while Sulabha Devi and Sandipani Muni looked on with pride. Taking leave from their Guru and Gurumata, the two avataras of Narayana bade farewell to them all and returned to their city of Dvaravati.

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Told you. I know this story ðŸ˜†
shabari14 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for the update, Surya bhaiya! You write so beautifully and precisely, I just get lost in your pieces. Please update soon, so I can learn more about Bhagwan Krishna!

Gowri
Edited by shabari14 - 7 years ago

Originally posted by: shabari14

Thank you so much for the update, Surya bhaiya! You write so beautifully and precisely, I just get lost in your pieces. Please update soon, so I can learn more about Bhagwan Krishna!

Gowri

Thank you so much!😃
wayward thumbnail
Awwie! Absolutely loved the kids' enthusiasm to hear a story that makes the two natkhats go about red-faced! (I never knew He was SO modest! 😉)
It was well so awesome of him to go and free hell of all it's Jeevatmas before he got to Yamaraaj and Madhu!

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Awwie! Absolutely loved the kids' enthusiasm to hear a story that makes the two natkhats go about red-faced! (I never knew He was SO modest! 😉)
It was well so awesome of him to go and free hell of all it's Jeevatmas before he got to Yamaraaj and Madhu!

Yeah, it was because of his display of Supreme Compassion towards even the Jivatmas in Naraka, I wanted to bring this story here, even though I already related this incident in Chapter 11.

And I have a good news for you - One new character has come. Technically (s)he is well known, but no one knows this character's other details. So, when I found this character - I mean, I know that the same character is already there in this series, but why not a double role?😉
wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Yeah, it was because of his display of Supreme Compassion towards even the Jivatmas in Naraka, I wanted to bring this story here, even though I already related this incident in Chapter 11.

And I have a good news for you - One new character has come. Technically (s)he is well known, but no one knows this character's other details. So, when I found this character - I mean, I know that the same character is already there in this series, but why not a double role?😉

Can't wait to see him(er)! Who's it? Are you starting Narakasur's track? Or is Laksmi maiya (with Rukmini?) or you mean dear Subhi?

Chapter 35: Time is of Essence

Vrindavana slept peacefully. Their lives, though devoid of the love and excitement that had inhabited these forests in the form of two boys, were problem-less and satisfying. In the forests, the owls hooted contentedly. In her Nikunja, Radharani bowed to Mother Paurnamasi, the mother of Sandipani Muni, disciple of Devarshi Narada and avatara of Yogamaya.

"Thank you, Oh mother Paurnamasi. Now I shall be able to fulfil my promise to Kanha without breaking the curse."

Paurnamasi smiled. "You need not worry about the curse, Radhe. I shall ensure that the amsavatarana is complete and fulfilling all the requirements of yours and Kanha's avataras." She smiled. "My granddaughter Nandimukhi will enjoy hearing of this enchanting leela of yours and Krsna's."

Radha reciprocated her smile. "I am sure that dear Nandimukhi will revel in this leela's exposition."

That night, all the 16108 gopikas who had taken part in the Rasa Leela experienced the same dream - or to call it better, divine vision.

A flash of light. Appearing on a beautiful lotus of thousand petals, Devi Radhika gave her darshana! She had another small lotus in her hand, and shone like molten gold. When she opened her mouth, it was as if the Vedas were revealing themselves. She spoke.

"Lord Krsna resides in Dvaravati, off the western coast. We shall not behold his lotus face for many more years to come, until he arrives at Samantapanchaka. Yet, we have incarnated on this Bhuloka only to serve him. Hence, with Devi Paurnamasi's help, all of us shall incarnate into each of Krsna's wives. We shall then be able to be always ready to serve him. But, none of us shall remember this incident. Until we meet Krsna, we shall not be aware of our connection with his wives. Including myself. Thus we shall achieve the attainment of His Lotus Feet, whilst fulfilling our duties and awaiting his arrival."

Saying so, Radharani raised her hand in the Varada Mudra, palm facing downwards, and blessed the gopis of Vrindavana.

Each gopika's atma then was incarnate in the atma of each princess destined to marry Krsna. As the Amsavatarana finished, the memory of the vision faded along with it, and soon, the gopikas remembered nothing of the dream. Vrindavana slept peacefully.

Satyabhama, Vratini and Prasvapini looked at each other, all of them feeling the same upsurge in their energy. It was as if they all had been transported to some ethereal world and been invigorated with the divine essence of that world. Bhama looked at her sisters quizzically. Something must have happened while they had slept. After the three sisters had performed their daily ablutions, they reached the courtyard, where their mother was drawing the kolam (the geometrical patterns made by rice flour) at the threshold of their house. "Where is father, Maa?" asked Bhama.

"Your father has left for the palace along with your brothers. He had to discuss some financial matters, and decided to consult Maharaja Ugrasena and Princes Balarama and Krsna."

"Krsna!" cried Satyabhama, her mind racing forth. "Our prince has such a beautiful name! Krsna! I could repeat this all day!"

Only then did Satyabhama realize that her mother and sisters were looking at her with a puzzled expression on their faces. She could feel blood rushing to her cheeks and hastily placed her hand on her cheek to hide the blush that was revealing itself prominently to her family. "Nothing Maa," she cried, and swiftly walked away to the garden.

Rukmini awoke, feeling rejuvenated, as if she had been transported to some ethereal world and been invigorated with the divine essence of that world. Delighting in the flush of energy she felt, she finished her daily rituals and returned to her chambers, when her sakhis Sumukhi and Kamala confronted her. "Where were you, Rukmini?! Your brother has been searching for you! He brought the - " Sumukhi stopped abruptly, as if not wanting to say the unpleasant truth.

"He brought what?" asked Rukmini, her brain rushing through the list of things her brother would bring for her. It wasn't a very big list.

"He brought news." Said her other sakhi, Kamala.

"News?" exclaimed Rukmini, her mind whirring with a thousand new possibilities.

"Maharaja Damaghosha consulted with his priest and agreed to fix the date of your marriage to Shishupala."

"WHEN IS THAT DAY??" yelled Rukmini, shocked by the sudden proclamation.

"Three days from today."

Rukmini's world tumbled around her. Something had to be done. Fast. She would marry none other than Krsna. Something had to been done as soon as she could. Tell her father? No, he wouldn't be able to go against Rukmi's wishes. Consult with Rukmi himself? Never, that would be suicide!

Tell Shishupala? And cause Jarasandha to declare war against Vidarbha.

Something had to be done. Time was of essence here... But what?

Note: None of this is in any of the Puranas. I have taken inspiration from The Lalita Madhava of Sri Rupa Gosvami, a few verses from the Mahabharata Tatparya Nirnaya of Sri Madhvacharya, and also a little help from Srutha.😉

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 7 years ago