Users

Frequent Posters

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Res first 😆😆
Unres
It's done 👏👏
They all did Amsavatarana together 😊 I got what you did :)
And how you showed the Beloved before the Darling 😉
Hmm. So Sita way it is 😆😆 Now, I am waiting for the haran 😛
After that comes my favourite part 😆😆

I have a long story for this, but that is for later 😉
Edited by KrishnaPriyaa - 7 years ago
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Unresed with a little bit of inside jokes 😆😆
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Chapter 36: A Letter of Love

As the sun sunk further into the horizon, Rukmini wept in despair. Just two days. She had just two days to prevent her doom. She had tried to make her other brothers understand, but they were all in favour of Rukmi, and had merely said, "It is not your place to argue with the Emperor Jaraasandha's wishes Rukmini!"

Krsna! I wish that you knew of my sorry plight! I wish you arrived here on Lord Garuda like you came to my Svayamvara! I wish there was a way out of this situation!

Just as the horizon turned pink with the last rays of the sun, Rukmini heard a song. A melodious song, sung by someone with a soothing voice, slowly but surely extinguishing her worries. As the song neared her, she felt her hopes rising. The song became clearer as it neared:

"Narayana Hari Narayana Hari Narayana Hari Narayana!" sang the singer. The very words were divine and auspicious, a good sign. She looked out of her balcony, looking for the source of the song. And there she saw a brahmana, dressed in white, carrying a Tambura in his hand and singing to ease the worries of the world. He had a pleasant smile on his face and his eyes were closed in ecstasy. She looked towards Sumukhi and Kamala, who had also arrived to see who sang so beautifully.

"Surely the praises of Nrayana shall usher in good fortune for you, dear sakhi! Take heart in this song!"

"Narayana Hari Narayana Hari Narayana Hari Narayana!" continued the brahmana, walking towards her palace. Rukmini wasted no time. She rushed outside her palace and fell at the feet of the Brahmana. "Pranams, Oh Great Saint! I am Rukmini, the Princess of Vidarbha! Welcome to my humble dwelling!"

The brahmana placed his hand on her head. "May you have good fortune, child!" he said; he then saw her tear-stricken face. "What has happened, my child? You look anguished."

Rukmini shook her head, turning to her sakhis. Sumukhi took up the thread. "Oh Vipra! Our sakhi Rukmini desires to wed Lord Krsna, the jewel of the Yadava dynasty! But she is being forced, against her wishes, to wed Prince Shishupala, the son of King Damaghosha of Chedi."

The Brahmana nodded. "Who will force such a gentle and loving soul such as your princess into this act?"

"It is her brother, Oh Mahodaya. Prince Rukmi has been influenced by the Emperor Jaraasandha to accept this proposal."

"And so you have no way of informing anyone about this situation? Does Krsna know about your love for him, child?"

Rukmini glanced at the brahmana's kind face. "I never had the opportunity to express my feelings, Mahodaya. He, unfortunately, is unaware of my plight."

"Then do not tarry! Make haste! I shall myself carry your message to Krsna! Tell me what is to be told, and I shall do the needful!" the brahmana said in an urgent tone.

Rukmini was astonished. She looked at the brahmana, then bowed to him and ushered him inside her apartments, where she hurriedly searched for some parchment to write her message. With shaky hands, wiping away her tears from time to time, she poured out her feelings to Krsna in the letter, as the brahmana watched patiently. Finally, she entrusted the letter in his hands and bowed to him, saying, "I shall be ever in your debt, Oh Mahodaya."

"Do not feel so, my child. We are all the children of Narayana. It is he who you must thank. I shall return with Krsna's reply!" And he once again began chanting, "Narayana Hari Narayana Hari Narayana Hari Narayana!" and walked towards the palace gates, where, to the astonishment of Rukmini, Sumukhi and Kamala, he vanished into thin air.

Krsna sat on his couch, looking at the moonlit sky. The gopikas had incarnated themselves into his future wives, fulfilling his beloved's promise to him. He smiled, thinking of how Rukmini, influenced by Chandravali's mad love for him, would have taken steps she normally would have not taken so soon. As he looked down at his city, its denizens retiring for the day, he heard someone appear within his chambers.

Turning, he saw the brahmana, carrying what appeared to be - ah. He rushed to the brahmana and fell at his feet, saying, "Welcome, Oh Mahatman, to my humble chambers in this city of Dvaravati! It is due to saints like you that this world prospers. Your arrival in my abode is a mark of the arrival of Mahalakshmi to Dvaraka!"

The brahmana smiled, understanding Krsna's subtle pun. He blessed Krsna and accepted the offerings of Arghya, Padya and Achamaneeya (Water to wash his hands, his feet, and to satisfy his thirst) offered to him.

Seating himself on the throne Krsna offered him, he said, "Pranams, Oh Lion of the Yadavas. I apologise for arriving directly in your chambers, and at this hour of night, but the situation was such that I could not avoid my manner of arrival! The princess of Vidarbha, Rukmini by name, has been forced by her brother Rukmi to marry Prince Shishupala, your cousin brother. But the princess has confessed to me that she desires to wed you alone. She has sent a letter for you to read. If you may," he said, extending Rukmini's letter to Krsna.

Krsna shook his head. "No Mahodaya! You are the one who has witnessed the sorrow of Princess Rukmini! It is only fitting that you convey her message to me!"

Glad at heart, the brahmana opened the letter, and began to read.

[quote]

Salutations to Lord Krsna of the Yadava Dynasty.

Let Auspiciousness Befall both the reader and the listener.

Shrutva Gunan Bhuvanasundara Shrnvataam Te Nirvishya Karna Vivaraih Harato Angataapam|

Rupam Drishaam Dhrishimataam Akhilaartha Laabham Tvayyachyutaavishati Chittam Apatrapam Me||

"Hearing of your qualities, Oh Most Beautiful Lord, which once heard, enter one's ears and thereby eliminate all distress of the mind, and having seen your beauty, which fulfils all the desires of those who behold you, I have shamelessly fixed you in my mind."

Kaa Tvaa Mukunda Mahati Kula Sheela Rupa Vidya Vayo Dravina Dhaamabhih Aatmatulyam|

Dheera Patim Kulavati Na Vrneeta Kanyaa Kaale Nrsimha Naraloka Manobhiraamam||

"Oh Mukunda, you are equal only to yourself in your great lineage, character, beauty, knowledge, age, wealth and abode! Oh Lion among Men! Oh Charmer of the world! Which bold, royal and wise girl would not choose you at the right time in the form of her husband?"

Tan Me Bhavaan Khalu Vrtah Patih Angajaayaam  Atmaarpitascha Bhavato Atra Vibho Vidhehi|

Maa Virabhaagam Abhimarshatu Chaidya Aarad Gomaayuvat Mrgapateh Balim Ambujaksha||

"Therefore, Oh Lord, I have chosen you as my husband, and offered myself to you! Oh Lotus Eyed One, let not the Prince of Chedi steal me, Thy Heroic Property, like a jackal steals the kill of a lion!"

Poorteshta Datta Niyama Vrata Deva Vipra Guru Archanaadibhir Alam Bhagavaan Pareshah|

Aaraadhito Yadi Gadagraja Etya Paanim Grhnaatu Me Na Damaghoshasuta-aadayo Anye||

"If I have sincerely performed my worship, vows, charity, rituals and sacrifices, and honoured properly the devas, brahmanas and my elders, then let Lord Krsna, the elder brother of Gada, take my hand in marriage, and never the son of Damaghosha or anyone else contesting for me!"

Shvo Bhaavani Tvam Ajitodvahane Vidarbhaat Guptah Sametya Prtanaapatibhih Pareetah|

Nirmathya Chaidya Magadhendra Balam Prasahya Maam Raakshasena Vidhina Udvaha Veerya Shulkaam||

"Oh Unconquerable Lord! During my marriage ceremony tomorrow, you must arrive unseen, aided by your companions, and having churned the ocean of the armies of Shishupala and Jaraasandha, carry me away in the style of marriage of the Rakshasas!"

Antahpura-antarachareem Anihatya Bandhun Tvaam Udvahe Katham Iti Pravadaami Upaayam|

Purve Dyurasti Mahati Kuladeva Yatra Yasyaam Bahih Navavadhuh Girijaam Upeyaat||

"Oh Lord, you must be thinking, How will I marry you, who are within the princess' quarters, without killing your relatives?' I shall tell you the solution. On the first day of marriage, there is a great procession, where the new bride goes to worship our family deity, Goddess Girija, whose temple is outside the palace boundary."

Yasyaanghri Pankaja Rajah Snapanam Mahaanto Vaanchanti Uma Patir-iva Atmatamo'pahatyai|

Yarhi Ambujaksha Na Labheya Bhavat Prasadam Jahyaam Asoon Vratakrshaan Shatajanmabhih Syaat||

"Great souls like Lord Shiva, the husband of Devi Uma, bathe in the dust of your lotus feet to destroy their inner ignorance! Oh lotus eyed one, if I am unable to obtain your presence, I shall give up my life, weakened by austerities, even hundred such lifetimes if necessary."

Yours Lovingly,

Rukmini

[/quote]

Krsna looked at the brahmana with tearful eyes. Then he rose swiftly, grasped the brahmana's hand, hurriedly scribbled a note for Balarama and rushed to the stables, where he yoked his horses Shaibya, Sugriva, Meghapushpa and Valahaka to his chariot. He awoke his charioteer Daruka, and said in hurried tones, "Daruka. We have to reach Kundinapura before morning."

Daruka nodded and rushed to the chariot, taking up the reins. Then, after ensuring that the brahmana had comfortable ascended the chariot, Krsna followed suit. The chariot sped off into the moonlight night.

Balarama awoke by the slight commotion he had heard from Krsna's chambers. He got out of his bed and grabbing his pestle, silently walked towards the chamber. He pulled back the curtains and peered inside. The chamber was empty.

Curious, he looked around and found a small piece of parchment lying on a stand near Krsna's bed. Under torchlight, he read the scribbled words that obviously belonged to Krsna:

[quote]

Dear Dau, Ravana still wants to marry Sita. I am going to kidnap her.

[/quote]

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 7 years ago
shabari14 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is a beautiful update, Bhaiya! Thanks for the shlokas and their translations, they were divine! And the best part was Krsna's note to Balaram, it was just the thing I needed! Now, Ramji is going to kidnap Sita! No one can understand the Lord's leelas! Thanks once again!

Originally posted by: shabari14

This is a beautiful update, Bhaiya! Thanks for the shlokas and their translations, they were divine! And the best part was Krsna's note to Balaram, it was just the thing I needed! Now, Ramji is going to kidnap Sita! No one can understand the Lord's leelas! Thanks once again!

Thank you for liking it! Krsna's note is special, because it is a reversal of his previous avatar.
Yes, his leelas are divine and beyond human intelligence.
SriMaatangi thumbnail
You wrote what I understood long ago 😉
The love letter was perfect
And Rukmini's emotions ❤️
Krishna gets emotional? Since when? 😆 Last I checked, He just gave a light smile and went on to kidnap Rukmini.

Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

You wrote what I understood long ago 😉
The love letter was perfect
And Rukmini's emotions ❤️
Krishna gets emotional? Since when? 😆 Last I checked, He just gave a light smile and went on to kidnap Rukmini.

Yes but my Krsna gets emotional.
Also he is currently thinking of Sita.
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Yes but my Krsna gets emotional.
Also he is currently thinking of Sita.

Mine does too. Quite a bit.😛

Wait for it.. I know it is bad to make them wait, but as I told you, I have certain conditions before writing a new chapter.😆
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Wait for it.. I know it is bad to make them wait, but as I told you, I have certain conditions before writing a new chapter.😆

I know you do.
And I am talking about Mani also 😉