Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Oh for Madhava's sake. Why am I such a loudmouth?😆
Anyways, I have discovered new leelas since, so I can still surprise.😆😉

Thanks to you, I got hold of that awesomeness!
I can't wait for the newer stories!

Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Chapter 32: Anantadeva's father-in-law

Raivata and Revati alighted on the mountain known as Raivataka - in honour of King Raivata of course - and looked at the city. The first thing they noticed was that the city was rather small - at least, they had seen ordinary cowsheds bigger than the houses here. Revati wiped her tear-stricken face. "What have they done to our city, father?"

"I have no clue about this development, Revati. Kushasthali is not the same. And I wouldn't expect it to be, given the number of Yugas we have been away."

"But surely it couldn't have changed to such an extent?"

"Time ravages everything my daughter. The time duration between our disappearance is almost half a Manvantara - therefore, this change is but natural."

With this piece of advice, father and daughter climbed down the hill - for Raivataka too had shrunk in size, comparable only to a hill of their time.

Ugrasena felt the ground shake with slight tremors. He turned to Akrura, his prime minister. "Were there any reports that an earthquake is expected upon us?"

"No Maharaja, none of the symptoms of an earthquake are seen. In fact, most animals were calmer than usual, and the sea is as placid as a river would be in her intermediate stage."

Again. The same scale of tremors coursed the ground.

"I suspect, Maharaja, that this is not a natural calamity. Rather, it is manmade." Said Akrura, pointing towards Raivataka hill. Ugrasena looked in the direction and his heart skipped a beat. Striding forth towards Dvaraka were two gigantic beings, having the appearance of normal humans, but expanded to unfathomable proportions. The King did not waste a moment. "Krsna!" he cried, and his grandson rushed to his aid.

"What is it, Maharaja?" asked Krsna, his tone nonchalant.

Ugrasena gestured towards the advancing giants, motioning to Krsna to do something.

Krsna smiled. "Ah. They have arrived."

And he returned to the palace.

"Who are those giants, Kanha?! Why have they come here? Am I supposed to fight them?" asked Balarama, as he and his brother flew towards Raivataka on Krsna's speedy chariot, driven by his excellent horses Shaibya, Sugriva, Meghapushpa and Valahaka, and maneuvered by his adept charioteer Daruka.

"Now now , Dau. You must not talk about your elders in that manner!"

"Elders? How do you propose to call two giants advancing to our city as our elders?"

"Pardon me. I must have been more specific. Your father-in-law."

Rukmini sat in her garden, tears flowing down her cheeks. Curse her fate! Rukmi had already persuaded Bheeshmaka and sent the word to Damaghosha. Soon enough, her wedding would be finalized to that accursed Shishupala. She didn't know why, but she felt the vision she had suddenly imagined (how could I imagine such a horrible thing?!) of Ravana on his Pushpaka Vimana had a strong connection to her plight.

I suppose I am like Sitadevi, except in my story there is neither a Rama, nor Hanuman, nor Lakshmana!

She brooded over her plight, thinking about how things could have been if her marriage was to be with Krsna! But now everything was gone. If only that hero could know of my love for him!

Raivata looked at the two handsome youths getting off the chariot - one dark like a raincloud, and the other flashing like lightning! He noticed the peacock feather on the dark youth's crown, and the golden silks that adorned his body. As he wondered who was Narayana, and who Anantadeva among the two, he noticed the golden curl of Srivatsa on the dusky man's chest. Instantly, two more hands materialized on the man's handsome and broad shoulders. One hand bore the Sudarshana Chakra and another the Panchajanya Shankha. Raivata smiled and, together with his daughter, folded his hands and bowed down towards the two Lords. He was pleased to see that his daughter's grief had completely vanished on beholding Lord Narayana and Lord Anantadeva.

"Pranams, Oh Narayana! Pranams, Oh Anantadeva! This devotee of yours is known as Raivata, son of Revata, grandson of Anartta, the first ruler of this land known as Kushasthali. This is my daughter, Revati, also known as Kakudmati."

Balarama looked at Krsna, surprised that King Raivata (the third ruler of Kushasthali! How old he must be!) knew their original forms.

Krsna nodded and called out to Raivata. "Pranams, Oh King Raivata, Princess Revati! Welcome to Dvaravati, the capital of the Yadava dynasty, and the land of your erstwhile kingdom! How is it that such an ancient personality as yourself has deigned to appear to us? Of what service may we be to you?"

Raivata replied, "We had ascended to Brahmaloka to seek Brahmadeva's advice on a suitable groom for my daughter, when we learnt that a 108 Yugas had passed by on earth. Thereby, on Brahmadeva's guidance, we have come back to offer ourselves at your feet. Oh Balarama! Please accept my daughter as your wife!"

And Balarama, with a cheery glance towards his brother, accepted Raivata as his father in law.

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
My Revathi Didi became my Didi already? 😛😆😆
Kanha-Dau ❤️
Rukmini connecting herself with Sita Ma, well done 👏👏

And I am going to shut up, before I go into the Radharani-Bhudevi angle, simply cause I feel like it 😆