I am not even considering Deepika for my film: Sujoy Ghosh

Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
  • 2 Dec 2014
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Jigar Shah j i gar. shah@ hindusatntimes.com " With inputs from Anirban Das

Sujoy denies signing Deepika 

Seems like the director visited the sets of the actor's next in Kolkata to simply meet the cast

From page 02 Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone established themselves as a hit pair with director Imtiaz Ali's Love Aaj Kal in 2009. Since then, they have acted together in Homi Adajani's Cocktail (2012) and Prakash Jha's Aarakshan (2011). A few days ago, rumours were rife that director Sujoy Ghosh, too, is keen on casting the two for his next. Since Saif has already been confirmed for the film, Sujoy apparently approached Deepika in Kolkata for the same. She was shooting for her next with Amitabh Bachchan in the West Bengal capital at the time. Sujoy, who also happened to be there, even tweeted about meeting Big B and Deepika on the sets of their movie.

A source says, "Sujoy was in Kolkata on a short trip for a book launch he was attending. During his stay, he found out that Bachchan sir and Deepika were shooting there as well. Since he also knows Shoojit Sircar, the director of their film, he decided to land up on the sets. He sat there for a while as some scenes were being shot."

However, the news of Sujoy using this opportunity to cast Deepika in his next seems to be completely untrue. When we contacted Sujoy, he clearly denied the buzz, saying, "No, I am not even considering her (Deepika) for my film."

Meanwhile, Jacqueline Fernandez says she has been roped in for the role of the female lead in director Sujoy Ghosh's next starring Saif Ali Khan. Confirming the news, the actor says, "Yes, I have been approached by Sujoy. But it's too early to talk about it as the paper work is yet to be done. I am excited about reuniting with him (after Aladin; 2009) and sharing screen space with Saif." However, Sujoy refrained from divulging any details.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meherbaan thumbnail
Looks like Rajeev Masand's article didn't go to well with Sujoy ๐Ÿ˜† Deepika is acting so desperate these days claiming through Masand which films she is in when she in fact is not in them lol
Edited by Meherbaan - 9 years ago
light_year thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ouch thats embarrassing for deepikas pr masand... ๐Ÿ˜†.. isnt masand Who claimed that deepika was approched for fast n furious 7 too...

Edited by light_year - 9 years ago
...miracle... thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
123 start lets bash deepika.
Already started

Originally posted by: Meherbaan

Looks like Rajeev Masand's article didn't go to well with Sujoy๐Ÿ˜†She is acting so desperate these days lol

Why would she lobby for a role which has been offered to someone like Jacqueline now?

I don't think it was Deepika's PR...Probably "Insiders" saw him visiting the Piku set and they speculated that he is offering Deepika a role.
Meherbaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...miracle...

123 start lets bash deepika.

Already started

Why are you so but hurt?๐Ÿ˜•

It's Sujoy Ghosh who called out Deepika's PR and we are just commenting so spare us your lectures๐Ÿ˜›

Rupalov thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Purani habit. Dhoom3 to Singham2 every film is offered to her first and the others get her prasad ๐Ÿ˜†
Meherbaan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dare_Lala

Why would she lobby for a role which has been offered to someone like Jacqueline now?

I don't think it was Deepika's PR...Probably "Insiders" saw him visiting the Piku set and they speculated that he is offering Deepika a role.

Masand has for some time written PR articles for Deepika so it seems it was by her PR also on HT there was an article about Deepika refusing Sujoy's film and here he clears the whole thing and says she was not even offered the film!

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
where is mr masand now ๐Ÿ˜†
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Seeing sujoy on the sets  of piku must hav made the media think he was offering her the script.

Anyway deepika has a huge choice of scripts she can choose from, not having this film isn't a loss at all

Edited by zarak65 - 9 years ago