Would Preity Zinta have played Geet equally good or even better ?

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

* Preity Zinta's name is associated and goes hand in hand with extreme cuteness and absolute endearing childlike chulbula-pann, that was the main usp of Geet from JWM and made up of almost 70℅ of her screen time. She would have immortalized all those chulbulay cute scenes equally good or may I say even better than Kareena.

* Preity is a fantastic utmost natural actress in emotional and heavy duty scenes as well, Kareena was great too but she had this tendency to go a bit overboard and appear kinda slightly jumpy in such sequences (she inherited this acting style from her father Randhir if you have seen his movies), which was never the case with Preity.

* Kareena looked extremely fresh and charming during JWM days which enhanced the onscreen appeal of that character,  Preity was exactly the same during this phase as well in mid to late 2000s. Fresh looking, bubbly, frothy and super charming during her peak.

Not taking anything away from Kareena as she did wonders in JWM, but just curious to know what do you think about Preity Zinta playing Geet's character. How  your imaginative eyes are imagining her in JWM ?

(So many topics over 2000s actresses nowadays, so thought behti ganga mein haath dho luun, with a genuine question in my mind).

----------------------------

Edited by sharaban - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yup... I can see her in that role 👍

I'm not sure if she could have done better but she could very well fit in that role.

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

Yup... I can see her in that role 👍

I'm not sure if she could have done better but she could very well fit in that role.

Oh yes Preity was a complete fit as Geet both in the child-like chulbulay as well as in those emotional sequences

I am curious how would she performed that famous abusing his ex boyfriend over the phone scene "kuttay kameenay keeday padaein gaey tujhey..tarap tarap ke maray gaa...teri maa ki.....".

I guess Preity would have nailed this scene , that too even slightly better as being a total natural on screen.

---------

Edited by sharaban - 3 months ago
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sharaban

On yes Preity was a complete fit as Geet both in the child-like chulbulay as well as in those emotional sequences

I am curious how would she performed that famous abusing his ex boyfriend over the phone scene "kuttay kameenay keeday padaein gaey tujhey..tarap tarap ke maray gaa...teri maa ki.....".

I guess Preity would have nailed this scene , that too even a slight better as been a total natural on screen.

---------

Preity is a natural performer?smiley37

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Preity is a horrible actress 

On yes Preity was a complete fit as Geet both in the child-like chulbulay as well as in those emotional sequences

I guess Preity would have nailed this scene , that too even a slight better as been a total natural on screen.

---------

Who do you envision opposite PZ in JWM? 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Na. Kareena was tailor made for the role smiley36

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

Who do you envision opposite PZ in JWM? 

For me Shahid was good enough for that subdued nerdy kinda guy... He did a good job and would look even better with Preity coz both used to look younger than their ages while Kareena always looked somehow a bit older than Shahid in every movie that includes JWM as well.

For me Shahid was good enough for that subdued nerdy kinda guy... He did a good job and would look even better with Preity coz both used to look younger than their ages while Kareena always looked somehow a bit older than Shahid in every movie that includes JWM as well.

I think Saif and Preeti could be fun to watch in those roles..

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Preity would’ve done Kareenas role as well as Bobby Deol would’ve done Shahid’s role smiley36 IYKYK