Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
@Ashne ⭐️Panchali was THE BEST! And I agree, I think both comments were later additions to justify crimes against her. I cant imagine her making an idiotic comment like that, given how strong a woman she comes across as, in the rest of the epic. Not that that would a good enough justification for what was done to her, of course!

Yudhi episode ought to be worth watching. Keshav episode too! I hope they make Panchali defend him. I really, really hope SHE doesnt accuse him, that would be the unkindest cut of all

I would like to send a list of Qs for each character myself
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ashne

So confusing, don't know what is original and what is not. Books and serials, seem to want more drama, hence add all these.

i don't understand what audacity she has to claim that Panchali instigated the Pandavas. When if one word from her about Karna publicly would have stopped the war.

Not so much Kunti's fault as the scriptwriter here. Epic Kunti is proud of Panchali for inspiring her sons to fight for dharma. But yes she had plenty of time to tell the truth. Although I read a theory that she deicided to take advantage of Karna not knowing his parentage and 'claim' him for her own, in order to demoralise him. Obv it's just a theory but an interesting one...adds another shade to her already interesting character
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Bhavaani

There is A LOT of debate on this matter. He was a king and an ally to Hastinapur so there is no question about him not being invited. He was a great warrior - but he definitely didn't win all of his battles e.g Gandharvas in Vana Parva, Virat war.

The point is that the comment was entirely uncalled for. Karna was not a part of the Kuru family at that time and regardless had no right to pass judgement on Draupadi (even if she had called him a Suta Putra). It's no different to me saying I won't marry a Lawyer or Carpenter. Male ego has a lot to answer for in Mahabharat

I think serials and movies have glorified Karna more than he was in the epic. Karna was no doubt a great warrior and had more good qualities than the Kauravas. He was a great daan veer and for that his character should be respected. However, he did not win all his battles. He was not Lord Ram in archery. He was a normal human being, a talented one without doubt, but he was no God to never miss his target. He lost a few battles in his lifetime, but they are either never shown or distorted in serials/movies. I don't understand this generation's craze over Karna, when his character in the epic is so different from what is shown in television.

Even if Draupadi did call him Suta Putra, it is no justification for him to have her disrobed later on. The "suta putra" and "andhe ke putra" comments may or may not be an interpolation. We will never know. But even if they are not, they are no justification for what happened. How can one compare name calling to molestation? The sad part is that even today, in this so-called progressive society, some people think Karna and Duryodhan were justified for their behavior because of what Draupadi called them. 🤢 It's really sad that such thinking still exists. 

Another argument I hate is how all blame is put on Pandavas. I agree they share the blame for the disrobing also. A spectator is also guilty for a crime along with the perpetrator, but just because a spectator is silent does not erase the perpetrator's crime. Just because the Pandavas stayed silent does not mean the Kauravas had any right to abuse Draupadi. Even if they considered her a servant, doesn't a servant woman also deserve respect? It's wrong to treat servants in such a manner also, so none of the Kauravas (or their fans') arguments hold any validity.
ashne thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

@Ashne ⭐️Panchali was THE BEST! And I agree, I think both comments were later additions to justify crimes against her. I cant imagine her making an idiotic comment like that, given how strong a woman she comes across as, in the rest of the epic. Not that that would a good enough justification for what was done to her, of course!

Yudhi episode ought to be worth watching. Keshav episode too! I hope they make Panchali defend him. I really, really hope SHE doesnt accuse him, that would be the unkindest cut of all

I would like to send a list of Qs for each character myself

I'm so waiting for Yudhi episode, hope he gets thrashed for his role in Panchali's misfortunes.

As I said earlier, I'm wondering if the Cvs will make Krishna take a stand - U know , he is God can't accuse him kind of logic🤔

Btw - my name is radhika😊
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
I have one question - so what judgment did Chitragupta give Draupadi in the end? Did he find her guilty or not guilty?

Also, is Krishna playing a lawyer's role here or will he be called for questioning too? 😆
AnuMP thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhavaani

Not so much Kunti's fault as the scriptwriter here. Epic Kunti is proud of Panchali for inspiring her sons to fight for dharma. But yes she had plenty of time to tell the truth. Although I read a theory that she deicided to take advantage of Karna not knowing his parentage and 'claim' him for her own, in order to demoralise him. Obv it's just a theory but an interesting one...adds another shade to her already interesting character

@Red 😲

If this is true, then I bow my head before the Yadav clan's strategizing. Bhateeja and Bua won the war!😆
ashne thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

I have one question - so what judgment did Chitragupta give Draupadi in the end? Did he find her guilty or not guilty?

Also, is Krishna playing a lawyer's role here or will he be called for questioning too? 😆

I think he said not guilty. About krishna, I wonder. But i guess he will play lawyers role only when people miss something - 
AnuMP thumbnail
Radhika
I think Keshav will be the series finale. They will probably bring up all the Qs currently asked about him.
1) They may say something about the division, but probably not, since (I think) Vyasa was the one most responsible for it
2) Jarasandh, like ⭐️ Shishu (btw, I am hoping for a repeat performance by Joy Mathur😆)
3) Could he have stopped the war?

I hope Parth and Panchali speak for him as his defense lawyers
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

I think he said not guilty. About krishna, I wonder. But i guess he will play lawyers role only when people miss something - 

I am undecided whether I want Krishna to be brought to the stand or not. Many people already throw allegations against him. I really don't want a wrong message to be sent to society since Krishna is God. 
Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Yup Chitragupta said she was not guilty and added that history would always remember her with respect (something along those lines)