Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
The way each word dripped with sarcasm was the icing on the cake for me. Because had they made her overly emotional, the whole thing could be taken to mean something completely different. 
ashne thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Lovely concept for the show. I loved all her answers, but was disappointed that Panchali let her husbands off the hook. But then again, I'm hoping she will question them when it's their turn to take the stand. I'm specially interested on what she is going to ask Yudi and Arjun.
I'm wondering if Krishna will ever take the stand🤔
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Can someone give me a quick summary of Draupadi's answer to Karna's question? I can understand some of it (yay my hindi's improving!) but not all, and I love her sarcasm. I want to know what she's saying!
ashne thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Just finished part one. Damn, I really do not like Gandhari's character in this show. ðŸ¤¢ Also didn't like how they made Draupadi admit that she saw and "liked" Karna first in her swayamvar. That's so not true! There was never any love story between Karna and Draupadi. Showing this spreads a bad message to people who don't know the epic. 

They made her say the "and he ka putr" comment also, which is not there in the epic. I guess this is how stories get changed over time. This 'Sut putr' and 'Andhe ka putr' appears in all shows and books related to MB😒
Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
The Suta putra and Andhe ka putra is something that BR Chopra (no matter how much I like his version) is hugely responsible for. They don't make the cut for BORI's critical edition and aren't true. It's an ironic proof of a male dominated society that can't accept Karna not being able to shoot accurately but is fully able to accept (and punish) that a woman like Draupadi would disrespect her husband's elders to such an extent.
ashne thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Can someone give me a quick summary of Draupadi's answer to Karna's question? I can understand some of it (yay my hindi's improving!) but not all, and I love her sarcasm. I want to know what she's saying!

She said Mujhse vivaah karna tere bas ki baat nahi thi, aur isi mein mera saubagya hai.

Something like - U did not have the  capability to marry me and this was my biggest blessing. I hope I'm correct.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
The suta putra comment is not there in the epic? ðŸ˜² The does Karna actually participate in the swayamvar?

I did not like Dharmakshetra's rendition of the maya sabha either. In the original epic, not only does Draupadi not call Duryodhana blind, she doesn't laugh at him either. It's Bheem, Arjun, Nakul and Sahadev who laugh at him before Yudhisthir stops them. 1) The actress chosen to play this Draupadi doesn't know how to act and 2) I did not like how she was portrayed as a crass, disrespecting bahu. Draupadi had more elgance.

I also did not like the conflict they showed between Kunti and Draupadi. Why show something that is non-existent? There was no need to add saas-bahu drama when there was none. Kunti had her faults, but she was proud of Draupadi and there's no mention in the epic that she thought her a bad DIL. 
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I dont know that EPanchali left the EPandavas off the hook.
I think she just said a non-answer like they had no right to stake her
ashne thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhavaani

The Suta putra and Andhe ka putra is something that BR Chopra (no matter how much I like his version) is hugely responsible for. They don't make the cut for BORI's critical edition and aren't true. It's an ironic proof of a male dominated society that can't accept Karna not being able to shoot accurately but is fully able to accept (and punish) that a woman like Draupadi would disrespect her husband's elders to such an extent.

I read somewhere that the 'Andhe ka putt' comment was invented by some writer in the 1960's for a play he wrote and from then on it has become a staple.
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I actually thought EPanchali wasnt half bad😕
Not certain if it is a language issue. But I didnt think they showed her disrespecting any one and I thought Kunti actually admitted that she was a good DIL. Now I am confused!