Dharma Kshetra on Epic Channel

Posted: 9 years ago
All mytho addicts - 
There is a new show on a new channel called Dharmakshetra. 

Concept - The main players of Kurukshetra are called to Chitragupta's court and all the characters throw accusations. Chitragupta gives verdict at the end and decides whether they are going to be allowed into heaven

I will re-post my review from the MB thread here

Sets - Not as elaborate. Which I kind of liked. The court setting is stark. The clothes are simple but pleasant
The scene where Pratikami comes to get Panchali was realistically done
The Kuru Court was bleh
Panchali and Keshav got their own set; looked surreal. I guess they are dead, so surreal makes sense😆. I think😕. Keshav came in playing the flute, now I know where it went after DS/VH in ⭐️Bharat!😆

Script- Nice!
Gandhari's and Kunti's accusations are what most Drau bashers now say. Panchali had some nice answers
Loved, loved, loved her answers about Karna👏
Keshav would jump in with a defense and this would prompt Panchali to speak
Loved Panchali's non-answer about why she didnt blame the Patis.

Scenario - ROFL, why are they still fighting, arent they all dead?😆
Karna still with Dury?😕😆
Blindey still blind and Gandhari still patii-bandhi-ed😆 After death?

Actors - EPanchali - lacks Pooja Sharma's verve and ferocity, but good nevertheless. Looks good too
EKrishna - looks a little funny and deffo not cute. But a darned good actor. Can I commit a little blasphemy here and say he may have surpassed SRJ and ⭐️Krishna in the defend Sakhi tooth and nail department?
EPandavs - eye candy!
ETwins - I thought they were going to jump and salute Panchali😆

Chemistry - ArDi - not showing much of it. In fact, no connect at all
ParAv - non-existent
KeLi - Has to be seen to be believed. They actualy walked in arms around shoulders!😆 I guess after GoLi and the TRPs they got, everyone is going to be hyping this duo.
And then there was the key word SAIYYAM😃

Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
The concept of the show is a bit strange to me, but I'd like to give it a try. Is the first episode up with subtitles?
Yay you made the topic! Awesome now we can discuss and dissect!

@RamKiJanaki - videos are available on dailymotion but haven't seen any with subtitles

Here is the link to videos

http://www.desirulez.net/forums/2931-Dharmakshetra

Next up is Shakuni. I really, really want to watch what justification they give for Dusshy, since all of them are supposed to have gone onto heaven anyway
Watching episode 1 now, and just noticed that Arjun is played by Ankit Arora, Lakshman of NDTV Ramayan. 😆
Originally posted by AnuMP

Here is the link to videos

http://www.desirulez.net/forums/2931-Dharmakshetra

Next up is Shakuni. I really, really want to watch what justification they give for Dusshy, since all of them are supposed to have gone onto heaven anyway

Yeah but didn't Yudi ask that very question to Indra, who said that those who did more adharma would only stay in heaven until their 'good karma' ran out. The devas had promised that whoever died in Kurukshetra would reach heaven automatically - but as sly as they are, they never promised a time limit 😆

But still, it'll be great to see DK's Krishna shoot Dushasan down 😉
Do you want to a list of accusations for Dusshy?😆
Just finished part one. Damn, I really do not like Gandhari's character in this show. 🤢 Also didn't like how they made Draupadi admit that she saw and "liked" Karna first in her swayamvar. That's so not true! There was never any love story between Karna and Draupadi. Showing this spreads a bad message to people who don't know the epic. 
^^ Keep watching 😉 everything will be cleared up
The Karna answer was the most clap worthy part in the show👏

I am glad the CVs made it clear that there is a difference between liking someone's looks and wanting to be married to him

I almost did a Tom Cruise after I heard what EPanchali said😆