Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
As far as I am aware the BORI Critical Edition has people like Duryodhan and Karna lift the bow, but unable to hit the target. It appears to be very much a later interpolation to justify Karna's words at the Dice Game. 
ashne thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

I dont know that EPanchali left the EPandavas off the hook.

I think she just said a non-answer like they had no right to stake her

Yes she didn't answer when Dury pressed her about why she didn't blame her husbands. I'm hoping, she atleast questions them when their turn comes.
ashne thumbnail

I actually thought EPanchali wasnt half bad😕

Not certain if it is a language issue. But I didnt think they showed her disrespecting any one and I thought Kunti actually admitted that she was a good DIL. Now I am confused!

The portion where she laughs at Dury. It's one thing to laugh with ur friends or when u r alone, but I guess when Kunti came - she didn't stop laughing, intact she made the ands ka putt comment at that time. I think they dragged that a bit too much.

I liked EPanchali too. But of course ⭐️Panchali was much better.
Bhavaani thumbnail

Not certain if it is a language issue. But I didnt think they showed her disrespecting any one and I thought Kunti actually admitted that she was a good DIL. Now I am confused!

EKunti was upset over Draupadi inspiring the Pandavas to go to war, but as Keshav rightly said, it was Draupadi who truly gave the Pandavas a direction in life. Other than this EKunti had no problem with her bahu.

Although this is also false compared to the original (I'm noticing a pattern here😆) because it was Kunti who sent a message via Krishna, to Yudi and the others, that if they considers themselves her sons, they had better stand up and fight.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

She's fine most of the episode. Just the laughing part was OTT, the way she was clapping her hands and all. I kind of laughed myself though it was a serious moment, lol.
ashne thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhavaani

As far as I am aware the BORI Critical Edition has people like Duryodhan and Karna lift the bow, but unable to hit the target. It appears to be very much a later interpolation to justify Karna's words at the Dice Game. 

But Karna is a great warrior right, Would he have not hit the target? Why was he invited in the first place, if he wasn't a kshatriya (at that time).

If he didn't hit and she didn't say the Sut putt comment, then what was his justification for calling her names in the dyut sabha.

I have heard a version that he was just trying to provoke the Pandavas into saying something😲
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

EKunti was upset over Draupadi inspiring the Pandavas to go to war, but as Keshav rightly said, it was Draupadi who truly gave the Pandavas a direction in life. Other than this EKunti had no problem with her bahu.

Although this is also false compared to the original (I'm noticing a pattern here😆) because it was Kunti who sent a message via Krishna, to Yudi and the others, that if they considers themselves her sons, they had better stand up and fight.

This is why I did not like this scene. EKunti seems like a pushover, whereas epic Kunti had more of a backbone and encouraged her sons during the war instead of discouraging them. She faltered in her treatment of Karna but otherwise she's not a negative character.
ashne thumbnail

So confusing, don't know what is original and what is not. Books and serials, seem to want more drama, hence add all these.

i don't understand what audacity she has to claim that Panchali instigated the Pandavas. When if one word from her about Karna publicly would have stopped the war.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
I do love Krishna sticking up for his sakhi Draupadi during everyone's accusation. 
Bhavaani thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashne

But Karna is a great warrior right, Would he have not hit the target? Why was he invited in the first place, if he wasn't a kshatriya (at that time).

If he didn't hit and she didn't say the Sut putt comment, then what was his justification for calling her names in the dyut sabha.

I have heard a version that he was just trying to provoke the Pandavas into saying something😲

There is A LOT of debate on this matter. He was a king and an ally to Hastinapur so there is no question about him not being invited. He was a great warrior - but he definitely didn't win all of his battles e.g Gandharvas in Vana Parva, Virat war.

The point is that the comment was entirely uncalled for. Karna was not a part of the Kuru family at that time and regardless had no right to pass judgement on Draupadi (even if she had called him a Suta Putra). It's no different to me saying I won't marry a Lawyer or Carpenter. Male ego has a lot to answer for in Mahabharat