Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seetha74 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Fedup with my ghost look ...so entered in to this arena  in this early morning ...when it is with  full of friends ...but have to leave ...will be back soon !
VerboseG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: seetha74

Padma and Pussycat ...πŸ€—

You are not alone dearones  ... in association ,you have the  love  to support  you as the pillor of strength ...you have faith to evoke your spirits ...yes ...you are matured enough to be passive at times , sometimes with courage and confidence ,questiond ...but always tried to adjust  with great understanding  ...salutations to everybody ...who has the balancing power to withstand some rigmaroles in life !πŸ€—

Who said I am not one of these sad souls suffering from the onslaught of the MIL? 

However, I am truly lucky that my hubby knows how to distinguish between the wife and the mother (and their deeds). 

So, if I am wrong, I get told off and put in place and if my MIL is wrong, she gets told off and put in place (in both cases, politely and firmly).πŸ˜†
Sneha.Love thumbnail
Beautiful analysis of Mother's feelings, SeethaπŸ‘β­οΈ

I must admit I know few of such MILs (I was blessed with good MIL...or was it because we actually never lived together πŸ˜†) who by being over possessive for their sons, ruined their marriages and made them separated from their wifes.

Anyway, I hope Bunty will learn to balance between two important women in his life, and I am sure Sagarika will also learn how to deal with her MIL. SagUn will also have a support from Babuji and Dadi, so I think Ammaji is the one who will lose if she does not change.

https://i.imgur.com/AzOg117.png
seetha74 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiliWorld

A time comes when mothers need to let go of their children and let them live a life on their own.  Here, it's when they turn 18...πŸ˜ƒ not to mentioned when they get married πŸ˜²

Lils  ...agree with you   ...Love has no  boundaries ..but  the relationship should me maintained with these two women throughout  his life ..yes ..unnecessary interfearence is avoidable !
seetha74 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vibraj

Seetha you have beautifully described a mother's dilemma but a child is one of flesh and blood and a mother should know where not to tread on areas bordering on interference. No doubt, a mother's contribution to a child's life is immense but possessiveness should not  assume the attire of love and make someone irrational! This is a delicate balance for both the parent and the child.

Well defined by you  Vibha ...it is true , one has to safegaurd the relationship with utmost care ...modern world  is giving opportunities to the son to move out of the nest with his wife ,and love to build his own world ...where ,he will be happily ever after with his wife and a mother is an occasional  visitor, and as beautifully described by Gina ,logical thinking by a son is giving enough space to both the parties  ...to adopt ...to adjust and  to define their roles in a man's life !
seetha74 thumbnail

Originally posted by: VerboseG

You are right, Vibha,  in their attempt to be caring and loving, Indian mothers turn over-possessive and interfering.

Because most Indian men don't know how to draw a line and tell their mother and wife that each holds a unique special place in their lives, they have to pay for their ineptitude by being squashed from both ends, most of their lives.

Well said Gina ...here the culprit is love ...one has to feel guilty for their longing ...over--possessiveness ! The key to overcoming over-possessiveness is truly establishing trust! If both people have an understanding of one another, then there is no reason to be possessive !Besides, if you cannot establish this trust ,then you will never have a relationship ...trust and  bonding ...which are very much needed to any successful  relationship ...that will last... a life time !
seetha74 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ppp333

Seetha you described a Mother's inner feelings so wonderfully. 

I want to share one thing the other day while I was giving LU my niece who is 22 years came sat there watching HHN, when there was this scene when Bunty left Sag's on the Mandap and went to pick his mother, he was so irritated and said "what the hell he is doing, can't he do before wedding commence". Me and my co-sis could not say anything to defend or support Bunty😲. And I agree fully with all your comments.

My personal opinion is we the mothers of children should get ourselves prepared for the growing up years of children and their priorities, because the men either husband/Son/brother cannot decide how to treat their women folk equally.

Bold ..agree with every word ! Yes slowly the outlook of a man is changing towards women ! Yes ...in a way we are making them to realise !
Thank you Padma for good words !
seetha74 thumbnail

Originally posted by: VerboseG

Who said I am not one of these sad souls suffering from the onslaught of the MIL? 

However, I am truly lucky that my hubby knows how to distinguish between the wife and the mother (and their deeds). 

So, if I am wrong, I get told off and put in place and if my MIL is wrong, she gets told off and put in place (in both cases, politely and firmly).πŸ˜†

Means a well Defined family ! Love to hear this ! πŸ€—
If three people are at one place  ...small differences are bound to be there ! But we have the capability to deal with them in an adjustable manner !!!
Edited by seetha74 - 9 years ago
seetha74 thumbnail

Originally posted by: loveansh

Beautiful analysis of Mother's feelings, SeethaπŸ‘β­οΈ

I must admit I know few of such MILs (I was blessed with good MIL...or was it because we actually never lived together πŸ˜†) who by being over possessive for their sons, ruined their marriages and made them separated from their wifes.

Anyway, I hope Bunty will learn to balance between two important women in his life, and I am sure Sagarika will also learn how to deal with her MIL. SagUn will also have a support from Babuji and Dadi, so I think Ammaji is the one who will lose if she does not change.

https://i.imgur.com/AzOg117.png

Love your words Branka ...ya ...with logical thinking and with her magical words Sagarika will definitely  win any situation ! She has that convincing cleverness ! And Bunty has to show his commitment towards his wife ...now is the time to strengthen the relationship !
Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
One of my best frn ended up getting divorced due to her intefering MIL πŸ˜‘
She was obsessed to the point of madness n the son was a spineless idiot
anyways...there's point whn parents have to accpet that their kids have grown up n they will have a life of their own..they cant be babies all their lives