Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sonal99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Scratching the bottom of the barrel, to find something noteworthy about item songs in bollywood???
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: altuphalu

Scratching the bottom of the barrel, to find something noteworthy about item songs in bollywood???

But it is so much fun!
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting observation especially considering regressive folks in our society are first to blame the clothes women wear when there's a debate about rape. How come children and senior citizens gets abused then? No one has the right to touch a woman without her permission no matter what she wears or how she looks.  
YourCat thumbnail
If it isn't for sale, then don't advertise.
I am surprised some are now noticing the lyrics of Shela Ki Jawani. I always knew the feminism in it, that's why I love listening to this song lol. :)  It is not like other item songs which objectify women. 
JungFrau thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Bakwaas. Author paagal ho gaya hi 😆
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: atominis

Feminism has become a joke now.

I see this song as teasing a man. Not an assertion of woman's choice.

Thank you. People really need to stop with the feminism talk because majority don't even know what they are talking about and are hypocrites. 

Hetal..I agree with your point. 
Edited by .khoobsurat. - 9 years ago
aish. thumbnail
Paisa, gaadi, mehenga ghar- I need a man who can gimme all that
Jeb mein khaali phateechar..no no I don't like it like that.

^So much of feminism😆

But SKJ will always remain the best item number after Chaiyya Chaiyya for me. Katrina was exceptional.
lentils thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh come on. The author obviously over-read this simple item song catered to the young sex starved male fanatics. I wish it had such a powerful message but I'm afraid not.
There is no feminism hidden in this song. Au contraire, it itemizes and objectifies a woman's body and presents it to the world from the eyes of men just like any other regressive item song.

This is not the way to tell the world that a woman has a right to her own body and that this body is out of limits and untouchable except for when the woman wishes it to be so.

This is more like daring the viewer, adding fuel to the fire and enraging men's "uncontrollable sexual urges" (straight from a horse's mouth-- comment by an "uncontrollable" male commenter, who has a right apparently to lust after every bosom and butt that his bare eyes may encounter) for nothing but sensationalism and profit.

I urge the author to go read a little more about feminism, women's rights and women's empowerment.
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
KochuEdited by KochurShaakBata - 9 years ago