Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Benny Dayal: Shah Rukh Khan is a people's person!

AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Benny Dayal is one man who has steadily climbed the success ladder and has carved his own nice in Bollywood. In an exclusive encounter, Benny talks about his musical debut with A. R. Rahman, his desire to croon for Shah Rukh Khan and much more in our special section Music Mania. Read on...
Were you inclined towards music since childhood?
Yes, music has happened to me since childhood. When you are a child you don't realize whether you are happy or sad doing something. Same was the case with me. But once I realized music made me happy, I decided to pursue it.

How supportive was your family when you decided to pursue music?
My family was initially not encouraging about me pursuing music as my career. They were skeptical whether I could make it big or not. But when I made my mark, I earned their respect through my hard work and perseverance.

How did you get an opportunity of working with A.R. Rahman?
It was a miracle, because I was working elsewhere and I got a call from his studio. I couldn't believe it at first, but when they called me for recording it was amazing. And since then, there has been no looking back.

Your songs mostly have been a chartbuster. How do you manage to strike the right chord every time?
I don't know. But I just feel the music and sing with all the sincere effort. I am not trying to be something that I am not. There are so many characters in me that come out through my song. But otherwise, there is no conscious effort.

Which one moment can be termed as a turning point in your life?
Meeting A.R. Rahman sir definitely! 

How was the experience of working with him in your debut film JAANE TU... YA JAANE NA?
It was great working with him. We recorded two songs on the same night. I as a beginner was called to sing and I did that. Rahman sir doesn't say anything after the song gets recorded so you don't know whether it would be releasing or not. But when Pappu Can't Dance Saala' came out, it did well and I am only thankful to God for it because when you work with Rahman sir and his team, you don't really know the end result.

One actor for whom you are keen to sing...
I definitely want to sing for Shah Rukh Khan because he is the only actor I haven't sung for. I am a big fan of his personality. He is a great actor but he is a better human being and I admire that in him. He is great with his work and at the same time humble with the people, especially his fans. He is a people's person and that is exactly what I love about him.

Your discography boasts of party songs. Do you think you are being stereotyped?
No, in fact I just got my melody hit Hum Naa Rahein Hum' from CREATURE 3D after 6 years. Even Kabhi Ruhani Kabhi Rumani' from RAJA NATWARLAL has been a huge hit. So I don't think I am getting stereotyped at all. My composers give me a song and I sing it.

http://m.glamsham.com/news-scoop/benny-dayal-shah-rukh-khan-is-a-people-s-person/31872/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Is this Badtameez dil singer? 
Billu-Maamma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: HappyMelody

Is this Badtameez dil singer? 

yup πŸ˜ƒ
Billu-Maamma thumbnail

One actor for whom you are keen to sing...
I definitely want to sing for Shah Rukh Khan because he is the only actor I haven't sung for. I am a big fan of his personality. He is a great actor but he is a better human being and I admire that in him. He is great with his work and at the same time humble with the people, especially his fans. He is a people's person and that is exactly what I love about him.

😳
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: crystalalena

yup πŸ˜ƒ

In that case he should sing for SRK cuz I love his voice
Billu-Maamma thumbnail
Originally posted by: HappyMelody

In that case he should sing for SRK cuz I love his voice

he has gorgeous voiceπŸ˜†btw i also like uditya narayen and sonu nigam  singing for shahrukh khan.
He has sung some of my recent favs 
Pappu Cant Dance - JTYJN
Tu Meri Dost Hai - Yuvraaj
Kaise Mujhe Tum - Ghajini
Tarkeebein - BBB
Aadat Se Majboor - LVRB
Choomantar - MBKD
Disco Song - SOTY
Lat Lag Gayi - Race 2
Badtameez Dil - YJHD
Besharmi Ki Height - Main Tera Hero
Locha E Ulfat - 2 States 
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
His views match that of many SRK fans πŸ‘πŸΌ
Nice
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Oh I hope Benny gets to sing for Shah soon!
I absolutely love his Hum Naa Rahe Hum, from Creature 3D. What a lovely voice! <3