Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
just heard too much love... freddie mercury sounding a little melancholic... too much love... yeah it will kill you, but too little might make me into a plastic cutout that just lives and lives and never will have the joy of death ha ha, so am careening madly toward morte... loving too too way too much... crazy life.

asr made it spin tumble roll rock in a way only falling crashing in love had way back... lit me up... made me want to sing, write, dance...

some day, barun will again do a role that will twang that touch point in me... grip me on a fret and strum stuff within that i didn't even know existed.

sukhi, naresh... etc., aane do aane do aane do... that goosebump triggerer, the kind of goosebump that grabs your ankle and slowly rises from the bottom of your skin, seven layers down, and makes its way up then spreads at a pace it sets itself, that goosebump giver will come again no doubt some day.

i must make a vm and love my killer classic... now. 😃

Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
This song reminds me of Barun like gravity...oh how he pulls on our hearts.  Lauuu the piano at the beginning.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTaEmDXHAKg[/YOUTUBE]
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you Kizh Cynthia di.. knew someone here would know.. 
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aarwen

I watched the movie too Sohara. Didn't like it.. my version had a few missing scenes also sadly..

I wish the scenes and characters were developed more. Barun was good, but am sure he could have done much more if his character was etched more fully. I kept thinking his individual scenes are good, but I was not moved the way ASR moves me. The serious scenes are always his forte, but because everything felt so abrupt I guess kept thinking and analyzing, not like IPK where you just end up flowing with the feeling. 

Another thing that has me skeptical was the fact that everyone said we would come out of the movie smiling.. but all the other love stories did not really find a Mr right.. 

My favourite was the last scene.. he in that orange tshirt on a white sofa.. looks cool and urban and handsome.. wish the entire movie had this fresh feel..

Anyway some months later satrah ko shadi hai will come out.. and then more movies ..touch wood.. we will get to see him act.. yeaaa..

I didn't watch. I somehow felt not to watch. Maybe after reading all the bad reviews. 
And now I'm laughing to hear that the ph is blaming barun for not the good box office collection.
 It's a woman oriented movie and the lead doesn't know a of acting. So many of my friends who watched in big screen said she looked  really old beside barun and a horrible actress,she only showed her skin that's it. Please read Rima's  review. I always ponder her thought.
She said people were screaming sanaya and sarun in the theater. I guess whoever went to watch only for barun.
 So the ph should  thank him for how much money they made of it. How can they expect a Hit movie where shenaz is the main protagonist. She has been in this industry since ages as a side actress and the director is also amateur. 
Bad luck to our man, that he had to debut with such a rubbish.

Edited by sohara - 9 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

This song reminds me of Barun like gravity...oh how he pulls on our hearts.  Lauuu the piano at the beginning.

Kate How I love Coldplay!  Love Chris's sultry voice and yes Barun is like gravity for all of us.  He has a magnetism that once in the field you can't and don't want to break free EVER!
Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
^ Me too love Coldplay and I love so many of their songs.  I saw several of their concerts and they were phenomenal!!Edited by Katelyn - 9 years ago
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Kate How I love Coldplay!  Love Chris's sultry voice and yes Barun is like gravity for all of us.  He has a magnetism that once in the field you can't and don't want to break free EVER!

Beautiful song Katelyn.. loved the piano notes specially.. hadn't heard this before.. 
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

thanks, kate... lovely sound, will try to make a vm.

aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

rhea,

if conforming is not what you wish to do... you will love the way a highly erudite, experienced, entertaining and compelling person makes a case for not conforming... and how conforming can ultimately only harm us... in his lectures or whatever they are called on education, creativity and the ed system. cogent clear thinking speaker who is very passionate about what he is saying.

do see if you feel like it... ken robinson is the speaker... plenty more on the net.

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity?language=en

http://www.ted.com/talks/sir_ken_robinson_bring_on_the_revolution

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_how_to_escape_education_s_death_valley?language=en

Indi di since the time you posted these links I have thought I should watch.. don't like any kind of talks usually mainly because I never watch them in the first place.. but you had posted twice.. so i had to watch..

Ken Robinson is a wonderful speaker. 

What actually surprised me was how his ideas are things we all think about. I loved what he said about engaging a child and getting him curious. I read this article once about parents who are worried that their kids won't grow up liking to read, and the article said the best thing you can do for the kid is have books in the house, reachable to him, maybe read him a bed time story, but never force him to read. 

And I see so many parents I know just not understand this simple concept of letting the child choose for himself. We basically need to be able to give children the opportunity to experience new things, and hope they like what we like (which will make us happy surely), but then its time to let them show interest in whatever they like and just enjoy with them. Did you know there are more left handed people in US than India, because in india if a child starts uses his left hand he is forced to use his right hand. We just can't process that he might be more comfortable doing a thing his own way. Same with creativity, isn't it?

How he talked about conformist society where we are trying to get everyone to the same level is also something that bothers me a lot. Actually I worry that people are just not allowed to be intelligent. Intellectual conversations or anything that interests someone which seems 'not normal' is never really accepted. In school and college either you are being pushed to show you are smarter than you really care about being or you have to tone down your intelligence so you are not thought arrogant. Someone who likes studying is just a teacher's pet really, not simply a kid who likes a particular subject.

He had a refreshing way of talking about what needs to change. I really enjoyed. Thank you for the suggestion.
Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

rhea,

glad you enjoyed.

liked your thoughts... conformist, cookie cutter, standardized robots... who please parents but never themselves. you know it's difficult to even standardize shoe size and here we are all set to make people fit into a mould we have created, thinking thsi will make their lives fulfilling and better somehow.

i have real problems with the way we view education now. also with what we think is important.

ken r was great to listen to.

i hope only i can let my kid be and let her find her own way to what she is meant to be. yes yes, i do think we are all born with our future in us... and left to our own devices we'll find our way there.

harry was a wizard. i am a rotten romance writer. my father who was a highly accomplished geologist and loved his subject, told me once that his natural and most apt choice would have been law, just that he never realised it... (how to realise, when science science science is all you hear and aspire to?)

i am fascinated by left handed people. in school, a mega crush was left handed. then i realised most of my favourite actors are, so are many people in the department called "creative" in ad agencies, which i belong to.

constant pushing of people to fall in line, be like everyone else, never try to be different. claustrophobic.

i love the fact that barun's handwriting is pretty bad... and his b is flipped.

the world as we know it has been forever changed by three college dropouts... one of them i abs lub... mr jobs (yeah yeah, i know difficult man and all that but oh what a mind) the other two i am not fond of, but microsoft and facebook have done a few things.

an open mind, a will to learn, curiosity, interest in something... i wonder if that's not enough to make your way to your life.

but having said everything, even seemingly pointless knowledge taught by kind dedicated teachers... is never ever a waste, always builds you, always precious and suddenly comes in to illuminate completely unconnected things often. what you studied in physics in class nine just might make your understanding of lady macbeth more keen... ha ha yes, i think that kind of stuff happens. had marvelous teachers and parents who loved the idea of education, especially my father who actually enjoyed studying yikes, but who never pressured one to constantly "perform". my mom would laugh, if everyone's kid comes first how will it work, some kids have to come fourth fifth, last... those are my kids.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago