Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhavis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: .bohemian.

Bhavi. I was rather amused at the level of ignorance. πŸ˜• Read about people who had set alarms to hear Modi and Obama speak. They missed the Madison Square Garden speech, and did not want to miss this one. And we are talking about PR professionals, IT professionals, and all. It is amusing and sad at the same time.

@bold making my belief even stronger - Common sense is not too commons these days

Edited by BHAVII - 9 years ago
-himu- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
hello every one how u all...? i came here after a long time
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hi Guys...
I am officially changing from an online viewer to a TV viewer...Remember I said, hubby gave me Roku as a gift during Christmas? Well we finally had a chance to actually open the box and set it up...and since yesterday, I have watched more Indian TV than I did in my last India trip...the entire trip combined...πŸ˜†

Moving from an online viewer to a TV viewer, I am sure my viewing habits will change...including if I watch only one show, or if I spend time writing about any, or what I watch...I am also getting quite updated on new music, movies, and happenings...and it's easier to watch something on an occasional basis while flipping through channels...This is going to be interesting...

As off yesterday...I gathered...
Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt are everywhere...
Deepika is very happening...and 
Shradhdha. Kapoor is the biggest rising talent out there!!

I didn't watch much on soap...but caught one episode of Nisha and Cousins on high recommendation from my friend who said thats the best "family" show out there...it wasn't bad...! I also watched a bit of QH...before my brat insisted on giving up the remote so he can watch his regular SI FI kid show,...

Talking about my brat, trying to make him watch something Indian, so that he can be familiar with the culture and can relate to Indian things...at least listen to some Hindi...we watched Dhoom3 together...he found Ali very funny and said Jai (Abhishek Bachchan) was a good actor..Dhoom 2 is amongst a few other Hindi movies he has watched in his life...and he was quick to say...that he thought Hritik Roshan was much better than this Sahir and Samar guy (Aamir. Khan), looks like I have a future critic in the makingπŸ˜†..Oh and he made me fast forward all the romantic scenes with Katrina...he was like...can we just watch the story please? πŸ˜›

Edited by -Sush- - 9 years ago
-Fedex- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sush what is roku? So you didn't have hindi tv before? Lol

My toddler is so desi in watching tv and eating indian food. If I put a Disney channel on she doesn't take much interest yet until you put on her nursery rhymes but as soon as hindi tv comes on she sits with my MIL and watches it. She also likes to eat indian food and not a lot of English food πŸ˜†
-Sush- thumbnail

Originally posted by: jay_bpm

Sush - you couldn't find any other movie to familiarize ur brat with Indian culture πŸ˜† 

I mean Dhoom franchise is becoming very much Fast & Furious where it's all abt thieves and logic ka to pucho hi matt ! And we say daily soaps are like that ! Koi nahi nanhi jaan he jo pasand aaye woh sahi πŸ˜›
I agree with ur brat on skipping romantic scenes, they sure are very boring πŸ˜†

Ha ha...you know how difficult it is for me to convince either of them to even sit down to watch anything desi? The fast cars (actually motor bikes) attracted him in the first place...otherwise he would have run off...πŸ˜†

He thought the movie was silly in showing so many chases, without much point...he was like...oh he would have been caught in the first heist...The police would have never lost track of him on that bike...he also figured out in advance that there must be two of them...a twin...but he did like the stunts ...also interesting was the fact that he kept referring to Aamir Khans character as the bad guy...

It is rather simple for him...you steal and destroy things...you are a bad guy...whatever your back story may be...πŸ˜›

jay_bpm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sush-

Ha ha...you know how difficult it is for me to convince either of them to even sit down to watch anything desi? The fast cars (actually motor bikes) attracted him in the first place...otherwise he would have run off...πŸ˜†

He thought the movie was silly in showing so many chases, without much point...he was like...oh he would have been caught in the first heist...The police would have never lost track of him on that bike...he also figured out in advance that there must be two of them...a twin...but he did like the stunts ...also interesting was the fact that he kept referring to Aamir Khans character as the bad guy...

It is rather simple for him...you steal and destroy things...you are a bad guy...whatever your back story may be...πŸ˜›

Wonderful, seems your brat is really smart and not getting tangled into cool stuff to miss the obvious reality !!
I stopped watch Dhoom franchise as they simply want to shine bad guys! Back story, oh please πŸ€’ That twin stuff was stolen form Hollywood movie Prestige !! 

I guess kids can give honest opinion like this as not corrupted by society at large yet. Yes sounds cliche but true ! My brother 29 years old engineer recommended I watch movie and "tried" to say well Amir Khan character had a point πŸ˜² I was like yes he had point that you don't give my dad loan who was so weak to die and leave 2 sons in this world than file bankruptcy and look for job I'll destroy you πŸ˜• πŸ€ͺ

Oh let me stop as I am going to topic you'll see me cribbing and bring out side many not like πŸ˜†

I agree with Fedex - few years and he'll say keep Katrina, forget the story πŸ˜†
-Sush- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Fedex-

Sush what is roku? So you didn't have hindi tv before? Lol

My toddler is so desi in watching tv and eating indian food. If I put a Disney channel on she doesn't take much interest yet until you put on her nursery rhymes but as soon as hindi tv comes on she sits with my MIL and watches it. She also likes to eat indian food and not a lot of English food πŸ˜†

Roku is a device that lets you connect to dish without having to install as dish in your house...that hubby didn't want to do...and I wasn't too keen on either...it's quite neat...! Makes everything simpler...

Mine are very American G...hardly much desi stuff...do try and keep the desi connection you have with yours...I want to have that common experience with my kids...more than what I have right now...although they do love Indian food...but all non veg...Would love for them to  start eating Indian vegetables too...

Shweta...will try Ashoka...haven't figured out how to record shows yet...or if I can...
jay_bpm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I didn't know such a place existed where it's all chat clubs πŸ˜² 
Says a lot abt my skills and knowledge when it comes to technology πŸ˜†
-Shwets- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: jay_bpm

I didn't know such a place existed where it's all chat clubs πŸ˜² 

Says a lot abt my skills and knowledge when it comes to technology πŸ˜†

Zeenat style ...You stick to your shayari Jay , technology aap ke bas ki baat nahi hai πŸ˜†
Edited by ultimaterudra - 9 years ago