BROKEN WINGS - AsYa SS, chapter 7 updated,PG 85 (17/8)

Posted: 9 years ago

Hi All,

I am starting a new SS on AsYa. It is a passionate love story, the kind of love that surpasses all and manages to conquer even when broken.

Its the story of two lovers, two soul mates who get separated by a twist of fate when they meet with an accident... and one was critically injured which leave him with lasting physical complications while the other suffers mentally.

And on top of that their chance to be together once again gets hindered by other outside forces in the form of family rivalry, a father's ego and pride and another woman's cunning schemes.

And they are like two birds with broken wings and this is the story of how they learn to fly once again and soar with love to new heights.

Strong Passion is not my fort (as I am more comfortable with emotional and sweet romance), but the idea of this concept and plot seeped into my mind few days back and I could not let it go as Asya still inspires me to write. And so I am writing this story. Hope I can give justice to the concept.

Following is the prologue to the story. Do let me know if you find it interesting and would like to read more. And silent readers , this time I am asking you all as well to please comment ( unlike in my FF where I don't ask you to comment) because as I said above I am venturing into a new territory of writing in which I am not so comfortable, so I would like as many feed back as possible.

With love,

Kaussar

BROKEN WINGS.

Baby, don't understand
Why we can't just hold on to each others hands?
This time might be the last if fear unless
I make it all too clear I need you so, oh

Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again, learn to live so free
When we hear the voices sing
The book of love will open up and let us in
Take these broken wings

Baby, I think tonight
We can take what was wrong and make it right
Baby, it's all I know that you're half of the flesh
And blood that makes me whole, I need you so.

So take these broken wings
And learn to fly again, learn to live so free

The book of love will open up
And let us in

Baby, it's all I know that you're half of the flesh
And blood that makes me whole

Take these broken wings
You got to learn to fly, learn to live
And live so free
The book of love will open up for us
And let us in
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yea

Prologue:

Paris, one spring evening:

It was somewhere near the Grand Plais, the large glass domed Exhibition hall and Museum at Champs - Elysees. It was also not far from the tunnel where Princess Diana met with that horrific accident and left this world and broke the hearts of many.

And that night another accident has happened.

Police vehicles zoomed away through Av. Franklin Roosevelt towards the accident spot, with their sirens blaring and their lights penetrating and cutting through the light haze of that crisp spring evening in Paris.

The Police officers who got down from the first two vehicles saw the wreckage of a Limo which was hardly recognizable and sighed in dismay. They have been given a hint that it was another celebrity followed by the paparazzi and they wondered who it was this time. But they had a job at hand, a tough one from the look of it and they could not waste time pondering who it could be. They had to save the lives first.

Beverly Hills, Los Angeles:

In a beautiful mansion, situated on the outskirts of Beverly Hills bordering Bel Air with background views of Santa Monica Mountains, the sound of a phone ringing woke up the owner of that mansion.

Groggily he dragged his body up and leaned on the headboard and reached out his hand and picked up his mobile which was lying on the side table, and at the same time he gazed at the Duvet covered sleeping form of his wife and marveled at the way she was still sleeping peacefully beside him despite the sound of the mobile. Unlike him, she was a light sleeper and would usually wake up with the slightest sound while he slept on peacefully. His phone stopped ringing right then and he looked at the number of that missed call to see that it was unknown number which clearly was not American.

He wondered who it could be and why the person was calling him at six AM. May be it was one of his clients who was overseas at the moment and he decided to call the person later once he really woke up from his sleep. It was too early in the morning to deal with clients and he needed his sleep. He kept his phone where it was and lay down once again but he felt a strange sense of foreboding and he could not go back to sleep. An unknown fear suddenly gripped him and alerted him to some danger.

He got up from the bed and walked up to the adjoining small sitting room so as to not disturb his sleeping wife and dialed the number from which the missed call came.

When the call got connected he asked who it was and was surprised by the answer he got; but upon hearing what the person on the other end had to say, his surprise turned into shock, dismay and trepidation.

By the time the person finished talking, he was too numb with shock to even thank the person and he sank on to the sofa nearby, clutching his phone tightly. He did not even realize that the other person had not disconnected the call and was asking him if he was still there and if he was alright. After few seconds the phone slipped from his hand and landed on the carpet with a soft thud but he did not realize even that.

And he did not know how long he sat there and then realization dawned on him and then he knew that he had to wake up his wife from her sweet slumber and break the devastating news which was surely going to break her heart into million pieces.

Brentwood, Los Angeles:

It was nine AM and the inhabitants of another well off Mansion in Brentwood were just sitting for breakfast. It was the routine of Mr.Ghaffur Siddique who was the owner of the house to be at the breakfast table at sharp nine and while having his breakfast he would read the morning's news papers. He still loved the print media and nothing can replace that for him. His Butler had just brought in that mornings papers, when Siddique's mobile suddenly rang. While sipping his freshly squeezed orange juice which was the first thing he would take each morning, he absentmindedly reached for his phone and picked it up. But as soon as the person on the other end started talking, he became alert and then a shocked expression appeared on his face.

His wife Zainab who just sat down for breakfast saw his face and fleetingly wondered what could have happened and then dismissed the thought thinking that it would be due to another of his business related issues. She was used to his mood swings and anger whenever something unpleasant happened on the business front and she hardly bothered and paid any attention to him now. And why should she when anyway he would never discuss and share anything with her and she was treated more or less like a piece of furniture kept at his home.

"When did this happen and how? Why was I not informed earlier?" Siddique's angry voice boomed across the room. And then he listened attentively to whoever was at the other end.

"Alright." he finally disconnected the call after another five minutes of silence from his end but the expression on his face clearly indicated that the phone call had disturbed and shaken him.

And then he quickly reached out to the papers and started to flip the pages of the top most one hurriedly. It was obvious that he was searching for something, some news that he immediately wanted to read. And when he could not find what he was looking for in the first paper, he threw it away and started flipping the pages of the second one. His wife Zainab, who did not bother to pay much attention to him till then, looked at him in surprise and by then she also realized that something major had really happened.

The other member who just sat down at the table was Siddique's second wife Raziya and seeing the way he threw his paper away, she scrutinized his face intently for a while and since unlike Zainab she had the privilege to ask Siddique what she wanted, she opened her mouth to say something. But right that moment the house phone started ringing and seeing that the butler was no where around, she got up to answer it first.

And then finally on the entertainment section of the second paper, Siddique found what he was looking for. It wasn't front page news but on the entertainment section of LA times it was the biggest news of the day and he stared at the headline skeptically for a while and then started reading the story.

Famous Pianist and actor Mr. Asad Khan seriously injured due to an accident in Paris.

Pianist and actor Asad Khan became the latest victim of the Paparazzi and met with an accident last night in Paris. French police reached the site of accident quite fast but they had some difficulty in removing his body from the severely damaged car. He was unconscious and had already lost a considerable amount of blood by the time he was rescued from the wreckage and rushed to the hospital. Sources at the hospital say that his condition is critical and he had suffered a severe head injury and has a fracture of the spine which could leave him Paralyzed.

The accident has left us with a sense of dj vu as it closely resembles the accident of Princess Diana and ironically it happened only about 3 kilometers away from the spot on Pont de l'Alma tunnel where the Princess met with the accident.

And Mr. Khan too was followed from a hotel, (this time hotel plaza Athenee and not Ritz) where he had apparently gone for a dinner. It is not yet clear what Asad khan was doing in Paris, as he was not scheduled to perform in Paris at this time. It is also not clear where he was actually staying as staff of Plaza Athenee hotel has confirmed that he wasn't staying there.

The other occupants of the car were Mr. Khan's driver and a young lady who was Mr. Khan's companion for Dinner that night. The driver's condition is also critical but surprisingly the young woman whose identity is not yet known did not suffer any serious injury and the hospital authorities say that she could be discharged after one or two days.

Siddique who was quite obviously much tensed all that time sighed with relief after reading the last paragraph. His relief was for two reasons. It was his daughter Zoya who was in the car with Asad khan and knowing that she was not seriously injured he was obviously relieved. And the other reason for his sigh of relief was seeing that the media has not learnt about the identity of his daughter. He did not want her name to be associated with Mr. Asad Khan in anyway. He could never tolerate that.

And now that he was assured that Zoya was alright, his shock, worry and fear got replaced by anger at Zoya. What was the girl doing in Paris with Asad Khan? She would surely know that he wouldn't like that so what prompted her to meet him and have dinner with him? Questions plagued his mind - Questions that no one can answer except Zoya.

And then after talking to someone, Raziya Siddique put down the phone and came back to the table angrily.

"So you have heard about the news and that was what you were searching in the news paper right?" She addressed Siddique.

"What do you mean Raziya? How did you know about it?" Siddique asked confused.

"That was my Khaala Jaan who called. They just saw the news on TV."

"Yea I just got a call from Abbas. The French Authorities contacted him. Wait a minute, but how did your khaala Jaan knew it was Zoya? Did they mention her name on TV?" Siddique asked agitatedly.

Zainab who was just sitting and listening to the conversation going on between Siddique and Raziya became more alerted at the mention of Zoya's name and she stood straight in her chair and stared at them, suddenly becoming afraid that something had happened to her daughter. Zoya was the only thing that brings her any happiness and even keeps her sane and alive.

"How else would she know? Yea they mentioned her name." Raziya answered sarcastically.

"The news paper didn't mention her name and I was so relieved that may be the media would not bother to find out her name."

"That man is after all a star. Do you really think that the media will not sensationalize the story and let go of anything related to him and the accident? They would obviously find out the name of the woman who had gone to dinner with him and who was sitting in his car with him when the accident happened."Raziya's voice was still sarcastic.

"What happened to Zoya? Which accident? What are you both talking about?" Zainab finally asked worriedly and stared at Siddique.

Siddique stared back at Zainab angrily and then pushed the news paper which he was reading in to her hands.

"Read this. Then you will know what your daughter has done now."

Zainab gripped the news paper with trembling hands and read the article. Siddique and Raziya stared at her angrily all the while.

"What does this mean? Please tell me, is Zoya really alright?" Zainab looked up from the paper and asked Siddique pleadingly. The only thing that worried her was whether her daughter was alright or not. And unlike the other two, she was not at all bothered about knowing what Zoya was doing in Paris or even why she was with Asad.

"Yes she is apparently alright... do you think I would not find out that or would not be concerned about her? I am, even if she never cares about what I think and always do things that I forbade her to do." Siddique directed all his anger at Zoya towards Zainab but Zainab did not bother about it and sighed in relief. Nothing else except Zoya and her wellbeing, not even the anger of her husband mattered to her and even Siddique knew it very well.

"I am flying to Paris today. I will bring her and get the answers from her. Its time she learnt to respect me and this time I will make sure of it." After a while Siddique declared to no one in particular.

"You can get all your answers from her... but what answers will you give to Ayaan and Shirin and their questions?" Raziya taunted.

"Ayaan?" Siddique exclaimed.

"Yes Ayaan." Raziya affirmed and Siddique looked back at her with worry.

PS. the lyrics is from an old song ''Broken wings'' by Mr. Mixer and all the credit goes to the lyricists of the song.

Edited by kaussar - 9 years ago
Hey!! This is really interesting.. 👏
So I'm guessing there is a family grudge..? 😡
Aww .. Asad met with an accident?? 
Oh I hope he is alright.. 😭
Thank god Zoya wasn't too bruised.. 😊
The first person who spoke must have been Rashid.. 
Oh!! How I hate Gaffur and Razia.. 😡
Poor Zainab.. but it was a relief for her that Zoya was fine...😊
Waiting to read more.. A good concept.. 😃

INDEX:

PROLOGUE : Page 1.

CHAPTER 1 : Page 8

CHAPTER 2 : page 19

CHAPTER 3 : page 26

CHAPTER 4 : page 37

CHAPTER 5 : page 46

CHAPTER 6 : page 62

CHAPTER 7 : page 85

LINK TO THREAD 2 :

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4149829

Edited by kaussar - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Divya.S.R

Hey!! This is really interesting.. 👏
So I'm guessing there is a family grudge..? 😡
Aww .. Asad met with an accident?? 
Oh I hope he is alright.. 😭
Thank god Zoya wasn't too bruised.. 😊
The first person who spoke must have been Rashid.. 
Oh!! How I hate Gaffur and Razia.. 😡
Poor Zainab.. but it was a relief for her that Zoya was fine...😊
Waiting to read more.. A good concept.. 😃
Hey Dear.. you grabbed the place i wanted to reserve for index.😆

But never mind, i am really happy to get such a nice comment so fast.
you guessed right. there is a family grudge at the background and thats whats going to shape up the story of AsYa.
Thank you and glad you liked the concept.😃
Originally posted by kaussar

Hey Dear.. you grabbed the place i wanted to reserve for index.😆

But never mind, i am really happy to get such a nice comment so fast.
you guessed right. there is a family grudge at the background and thats whats going to shape up the story of AsYa.
Thank you and glad you liked the concept.😃

I just realized that.. sorry.. 
Let me warn you.. half the time I guess wrong.. 😆 so I was happy, I got this right..
are you posting first chapter today?? 😃
Edited by Divya.S.R - 9 years ago
nice story line

continue soon

I just realized that.. sorry.. 
Let me warn you.. half the time I guess wrong.. 😆 so I happy, I got this right..
are you posting first chapter today?? 😃
Hey its Ok.. don't be sorry.😃
theres not too much mystery in this story as its the concept that matters here so i am sure you will guess well even future.

Hehe..sorry  can't post today as i have just started writing. it will take two or three days as i don't have much free time these days.😊

Originally posted by kaussar

Hey its Ok.. don't be sorry.😃
theres not too much mystery in this story as its the concept that matters here so i am sure you will guess well even future.

Hehe..sorry  can't post today as i have just started writing. it will take two or three days as i don't have much free time these days.😊

It's nice and promising start... 😃
No problem.. take your time.. 😳
Linsie had suggested your other story.. I haven't started reading that yet as it already has around 20 chapters.. Will try catching up in that story too.. 😃

p.s.can I get pms for your stories.. that is if you send out pms.. 😊
Edited by Divya.S.R - 9 years ago
Originally posted by imcooldude

nice story line

continue soon
Thank you Dear. will try to update soon.😃

It's nice and promising start... 😃
No problem.. take your time.. 😳
Linsie had suggested your other story.. I haven't started reading that yet as it already has around 20 chapters.. Will try catching up in that story too.. 😃

p.s.can I get pms for your stories.. that is if you send out pms.. 😊
thanks.😃 and its so nice of Linsie to recommend it... take your time and read it and let me know if you liked it as well.
by the way its not yet 20 chapters.. last was 15th chap.
i do send Pms to everyone on my buddy list plus extra few who comment on my FF regulary... if you would like PMs do send a buddy request. then it will be easy for me to PM.😊