Haunted by a Nightmare - IshRa OS

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Author' note -

This is quiet honestly the most soul wrenching thing I have ever written.

I am appalled at Ishita' plight and cannot see the respite that might aid her - all I can see is her frightened face and that brave fight she put up against that monster who masquerades as a man.

I know this being a show its all fiction but Divyanka I applaud you as, I applaud Anurag as well - you two have shown us the ugly reality that so many women face with such amazing brutality that I bow to your talent

Divyanka if I could I would hug you for this performance and say you made me cry and as Ishita, every woman proud of the strength you displayed while fighting to save yourself with all your might.

Anurag, I hope I never meet you quite honestly cause I would probably wanna murder you first for the finesse with which you executed the monstrosity of such a hideous man and later congratulate you for the same.

Attempted rape is as serious a crime as an actual rape is and I hope with all my heart the writers of this show - all of whom are women realize the severity and the impact of such a crime and deal with it with the much needed sensitivity.

This is something no woman ought to face and if she does - even if she escapes- she carries the scars of this experience and I want the Bhallas and the Raman to know off it.

I dedicate this piece to Divyanka, Anurag, the team of YHM and every woman out there.

This story takes place sometime in the future where Ishita has finally moved back in
the Bhalla house; which we all know of course she will, after the truth is out
in the open. It is her first night back there.

Edited by QueSeraSera - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EkPahelii thumbnail

Haunted by a  nightmare.

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds."

Laurell K. Hamilton Mistral's Kiss (Merry Gentry, #5)

She wakes up coughing in the middle of the night.

The jar of water beside her bed is empty, she notices. The coughing is getting worse, she cannot wake up her daughter and husband asleep beside her with the noise she is making and so gets up from the bed, opens the door of their bedroom and makes way towards the kitchen.

Once she has had water... once she is calm enough and can finally be peaceful enough to proceed towards her bedroom, she freezes and stops in her tracks.

It did not immediately occur to her due to the coughing... but it is her first night back at her home; her marital home post the horrible incident with Parmeet.

Standing here now in the dark, she cannot help but remember the horrible event she lived through. It all comes rushing back to her - the chain of events playing on her mind like a reel on a loop.  

She finds herself all alone once again in this same room with that man; hears the repulsive words he said, recollects the way he had kept looking at her as if undressing her in his mind already, she feels his foul touches all over her body once again, from that night and every other event.

She recalls the fight she fought to save her honor, herself.

She remembers the worst moments of her life and is frightened out of her mind enough to not realize she is screaming bloody murder and has woken up the entire house with the ruckus, even her parents next door with the commotion.

She is folded in on herself, closed off and on the kitchen floor as that happens. Her head is between her legs, her hands over her ears, her eyes closed and she is sweating profusely as she keeps on screaming - let go off me, Raman... Raman save me, Raman help me, Raman... The only name she takes.

A hand lands at her shoulder and she is frightened even more, her screams get louder; the hand that touched her is now around her shoulders and she is fighting with all her might... but someone holds her tight. She is being rocked and hushed. She is being assured repeatedly she is safe, she is safe... The voice that is trying to pacify her keeps saying I am here, I am here Ishita, everything is okay, you are okay.

It does not register with her if she has stopped moving for a minute, ten minutes or an hour; only that she finally can recognize the voice. She can finally register the person holding her is her husband and he bore the brunt of her violent outburst, her blows and her tears silently.

She is finally calm enough to call his name in a small voice and touch the arm that holds her tight as she asks him to release his hold on her.

She is panting, profusely so and watches as her husband directs his younger sister to get a glass of water and his brother the first-aid kit immediately.

Once he gets her to drink the water, she notices there are shards of broken glass all over the floor. One or two of them have torn the flesh of her skin as her right foot keeps bleeding. The skin of her feet tingles when the antiseptic is applied but it does not sting or if it does...she hardly notices.

Her mind is still in a haze, her eyes see Raman applying the antiseptic cream on it and bandaging her. She can hear Ruhi asking about her as well as her Amma asking Trisha to take Ruhi to her room and get her to sleep there for the night. She feels the presence of all her family members around her. The bright lights illuminating the kitchen make things appear a little less frightening but the words... The words that she keeps on hearing do not stop.

The images recede yet the memory lingers. She cannot see the events playing in her mind anymore but her skin still feels dirty and repulsed.

It registers with her Raman is asking her something, he touches her face and gets her to look at him... she is still watching his mouth move... but the words don't come to her. She cannot hear him still.

She hears how he praised her, how her husband never looks at her, how he would satisfy her.

It is when Raman shakes her hard enough for her teeth to rattle does she realize he is asking her is she all right, what happened to her?

"Ishita... tell me, talk to me, Ishita... hear me. Ishita can you hear me?"

"Yes."

The word tumbles from her mouth, and she notices him breathe a sigh of relief.

She is in his arms again and she doesn't know if he asked her to tell him this or if she began saying the things on her own, all she knows is she recounts and narrates the chilling version of the night that she was almost raped within the confines of her own house by someone she considered family.

She tells Raman in a low voice, which is entirely detached how she came home that night to find the house empty, how she saw Parmeet was there, how she was trying to somehow get out before he could do something, anything to her without letting him see how scared she was. 

She tells him of the foul words he said to her, of him making a mockery- a crude, cruel joke of her infertility as well as how it will not matter if something does happen between them.  Since there would be no side effects - no way for anyone to ever find out anything should they choose not to do it. She tells him how she slapped him twice and he still came onto her. She tells him every single detail that comes to her agitated, panicked mind in detail with the precision she wishes it would not.

She lets it all out, all the things until the point she ran out the door and escaped him but never forgetting even in her waking hours the lingering residue of this foul happening.

She tells him being here again in this dark room, the same room that happened to witness her fear and her battle triggered the chain of events all over again in her mind, she tells him she is scared too much to move. She requests him not to leave her side. 

She lets him know how the first time he went away from her she was nearly violated in their bedroom. She reminds him of the phone call he made late that night from Mumbai and tells him how much it meant to her, comforted her to hear his voice, how scared she had been that night. She lets him know Ruhi had slept beside her but without him, being in this home, that room frightened her to no ends. How hearing his voice had given her the feeling he is right here beside her and nothing untoward would happen to her, not until he is around.

She had felt safe, she had felt she was with him. She had felt his presence around her by merely hearing his voice.

She hears his reassurance that placates her more than all the things in this world.

He assures her he will never leave her.

He vows never ever to let anything ever happen to her so long as he is alive, so long as he is breathing.

She cannot be sure of how long they sat there or what time things began or end, in the end she had fallen asleep from the exhaustion of the scare, pacified and secured with her head on his shoulders as he had at last lifted her in his arms and put her to bed.   While her exhaustion puts her in a deep slumber for hours on end; however, the same could not be said for the family.

They experienced firsthand the horrific nature of her nightmarish experience. 

Edited by EkPaheli - 10 years ago
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
outstanding OS aani...my heart went out to Ishu...😭😭
Edited by Nikki_Titli - 10 years ago
shalu79 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Excellent Anni👏
the way u described Ishu pain n suffer was excellent.
I want some intense scene betwn Ishra where Raman get know what all Ishu went thru.

I too feel that attempt of rape is very serious issue n CVs consider it n accordingly show us what is 
realistic n not jst apology from Bhallas n Ishu accepts it.

Edited by shalu79 - 10 years ago
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Another beautiful Os. I am officially a huge fan of your fanfics relating to Raman and Ishu. The best part was when she was screaming her husband's name for help and he was there to assist and comfort her to provide her the security only he as her husband can give. Hope we see something like this in a show. I have said it before and will say it again. Thank you for treating us amazing stories this week, these stories have helped us to survive from the current track of yeh hai mohabbatein.Edited by Charmgirl2141 - 10 years ago
alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Aani... you beat me to it, I was planning to write something similar. But I am glad you did. I wouldnt have been able to verbalise Ishita's plight even half the way you have😊

First - Hats off to your courage on deciding to write about something thats so sensitive, and something that's always difficult to read. No matter how true it is.👏

You have very aptly described what experts would call PTSD. I shudder at the thought at the residual trauma victims are left with. No matter how old the incident is, some times even a random, innocent reminder takes you back to the place it happened. You remember EVERY detail, every smell, every thing said, the music that was playing, the noises around. I don't believe it ever gets easy. and if the victim has to actually live in the same house, its virtually impossible to lead a normal life.

I would like to make 2 observations from your post, the points I most agreed with:

"Attempted rape is as serious a crime as an actual rape" - the mental trauma is the same. And thats the most devastating effect of this crime.

"She tells him of the foul words he said to her, of him making a mockery- a crude, cruel joke of her infertility as well as how it will not matter if something does happen between them.  Since there would be no side effects - no way for anyone to ever find out anything should they choose not to do it." -  I was already creeped out by Anurag's performance. But when he said this, I actually shed a tear. As if it was not enough that she was being molested by him. Disgust, that's what I felt when he brought in the sad truth of her life in such a callous and demeaning manner... it was like kicking someone when they are already down.
Edited by always_a_TV_fan - 10 years ago
ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
You have a wonderful way with words and every scene that you write comes alive to the reader. Thank you for sharing another wonderful piece with us. 
Divan_Sashona thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
U have written beautiful,it touched my heart u felt the pain of Ishita 
exploringmyself thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
outstanding.. beautifully writtn
SWAN123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome as always! I do wish Raman manages to be the man that he should be in the show. He really needs to get things right from here on for us love him the way we do. 
Your Ishita is truly the voice of many of us..and you write really beautifully. It has been hard to shake these episodes off as mere fiction.

Hats off my dear!