Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

Congrats, Angie๐Ÿค— its ur turn to be grilled๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Gracias.  Que?  Tu tambien?  

Did not know you were also grilled.  Did I miss it?  I am very bad in going to these sticky threads.  It used to be the same in CB forum too.  

Edited by Angie12 - 10 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail

should its the right word misti..

Myra,  can I say that I totally understand.  The more closer are to your exams,  the more you want to do the most ridiculous things.  I ended up watching baseball when I was studying for my comprehensives.  And later on I would myself after wasting all the precious time.  

But good luck with your exams.  Isn't this your last semester?  Are you done with studies after that?
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jia.astk

Angie..well deserved ๐Ÿ˜Š..congratulations. Love reading your in-depth analysis..

Jia, thanks.  And same here.  It was so good to participate in this forum because I ended up reading some very good analysis and made some new friends.
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aviation-ca

Thank you for the hot seat info... for a moment, I thought, what, wait, you can't be my daughter's age.. then caught on the explanation ๐Ÿ˜†... your nephew is so cute.. even today whatever didi says is true.. he asks me & then confirms it with her...

I was missing your analysis these past days.. so checked your profile... now feel sad ๐Ÿ˜ญ.. that our favorite characters are getting distilled & diluted...

I kind of sensed the direction with the abrupt revenge marriage.. already the mother-son hatred edge was gone.. the father-son interactions were missing...

But loved your hot-seat responses...

Hi Aviation, so good to hear from you.  You know you were one of the first ones I used to read on CB forum as a silent member.  I so remember the thread you used to have discussing all the clothes or  Dev's sun glasses.  That was my favorite thread because it was so humorous.  

Regarding the age, I was just being honest without revealing the true age. ๐Ÿ˜† So currently I am 16 about to become 17.   So your son is the same way.  I think kids think their older siblings are wisest in the world.  My 4 year old nephew is a free spirit, but he is one rigid little guy.  Once he believes something, it is very hard to change his opinion.  He is a true Taurus.  My husband thinks that I have met my match in him as he and I are always having an ego tussle and usually I am the one who accepts defeat.

Agnihotris were the major attraction for me in the show and with them being diluted,  I just stopped analyzing.  I had continued to analyze CB long  after it was all ruined in the hopes that they would bring it back.  Now I no longer have that patience.  Plus these days all soaps end up  being the regular dramas.  I don't know if it is lack of good writers or this rating pressure gets to them.  Or they plan the story for a short term and then run out of steam when it comes to execution. 

Thanks for liking the answers on the hot seat.  

aviation-ca thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Angie,

The CB days were best... we had a wonderful forum members.. plus even the story was crawling.. they never deviated from original premise...

To me the main draw of EPB was the both set of parents.. I wish they hadn't shown us the true face of NA so early... it would have been better to keep the suspense and for us to discover it slowly along with Astha.. almost viewing from her eyes... what I am trying to say is.. what the others in family would consider normal, would seem out of place to the outsider Astha... peeling the layers of onion till its rotten core is exposed...

From reading your analysis.. I feel that they are making mockery of spousal abuse.. completely using the domestic abuse issue for personal gain... I hope they handle this issue more delicately... than so far...

So Shlok's anger/angst turned out to be for naught... ๐Ÿ˜ก... what a waste of a complex personality... is he a teenager in high school???

Please CVs restore some sanity back into the serial... otherwise it is a criminal waste of 6+ moths of background setup.. and talent of the actors.. what use is NA's menacing music if he is to be turned into another Astha's admiring male courtier.
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angie12

Gracias.  Que?  Tu tambien?  

Did not know you were also grilled.  Did I miss it?  I am very bad in going to these sticky threads.  It used to be the same in CB forum too.  

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†yup, me too took the hot seat, i was #2 MOTW...now i must prepare some nice questions for you, promise not to make them 100 like misti did with poor me..i'll be gentle๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
Ioved your answers fo the first set of questions๐Ÿ‘
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angie12

Myra,  can I say that I totally understand.  The more closer are to your exams,  the more you want to do the most ridiculous things.  I ended up watching baseball when I was studying for my comprehensives.  And later on I would myself after wasting all the precious time.  

But good luck with your exams.  Isn't this your last semester?  Are you done with studies after that?

Thanks for understanding Angie also for the good wish..yes its last semester, i'll be finishing Masters..no more school..i kinda feel sad abt it..these years were very beautiful..now that school ends am i suppose to grow up or smth ๐Ÿ˜’
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aviation-ca

Angie,

The CB days were best... we had a wonderful forum members.. plus even the story was crawling.. they never deviated from original premise...
Yes, they were.  There used to be more tolerance for different views at that time, or at least it seemed that way to me because it was my first forum.  And the story used to crawl and characterizations remained consistent for a long time.  It took month and a half for Dev to extract ILU from Radhika.  The extrovert, expressive character of Dev and introvert, reserved character of Radhika never changed until the leap.  They did mess it up after year and a half but looking at today's shows, it now seems that the quality there was maintained for comparatively a longer time.

To me the main draw of EPB was the both set of parents.. I wish they hadn't shown us the true face of NA so early... it would have been better to keep the suspense and for us to discover it slowly along with Astha.. almost viewing from her eyes... what I am trying to say is.. what the others in family would consider normal, would seem out of place to the outsider Astha... peeling the layers of onion till its rotten core is exposed...
Yes to all you have written.  Shlok and the two sets of parents were major attraction for me.  Revealing the true face of NA is a major track and involves breaking of Shlok's illusions of a lifetime.  So I always thought that they would do it slowly.  As bad as Aditi track was, her true colors were revealed to Astha after a long time.  She saw a lot of strange things that she eventually added them up.  Here it was too sudden.  I wish they had first shown the resolution of Jyoti track that would have revealed some of his colors and would also have put him against Shlok.  Astha would have noticed things because she was from a different background.   And I had liked the premise that education and money does not always imply the person would have a liberal thinking.  They contrasted very well the outdated, backward beliefs of a rich, influential and educated family with the open value system of a middle class family.

But here they made Niranjan dumb who suddenly abused Anjali when anybody could have seen it.  After hiding the abuse all these years, suddenly he is shown so careless.  It did not go with his characterization.   

From reading your analysis.. I feel that they are making mockery of spousal abuse.. completely using the domestic abuse issue for personal gain... I hope they handle this issue more delicately... than so far...Yes, I hope they bring it back on track.  It has only been couple of weeks since the show went so offtrack.  So there is still time to salvage it.  And either do not show abuse or show some sensitivity about it.

So Shlok's anger/angst turned out to be for naught... ๐Ÿ˜ก... what a waste of a complex personality... is he a teenager in high school???  That was the most disappointing part.  I think the original story was different, but because Aditi track did not bring any great ratings,  they tried to quickly wrap it up.  But it does not mean that you spoil a major story.  And now Shlok is a teenager which does not go at all with his character.  

Please CVs restore some sanity back into the serial... otherwise it is a criminal waste of 6+ moths of background setup.. and talent of the actors.. what use is NA's menacing music if he is to be turned into another Astha's admiring male courtier.
The actors are so talented and they did take a lot of time setting it up.  But they messed up the whole redemption track and the worst is what has been done to NA and Shlok's characters.   In order to glorify Astha,  they changed all the Agnihotris into one-dimensional characters.   Is there anbody sane in CVs team?  I am really curious if this would bring high ratings to them.  If it does,  then I have to say that TRP generating audience are to be blamed rather than the CVs.

Edited by Angie12 - 10 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail

Thanks for understanding Angie also for the good wish..yes its last semester, i'll be finishing Masters..no more school..i kinda feel sad abt it..these years were very beautiful..now that school ends am i suppose to grow up or smth ๐Ÿ˜’

School days are the best days.  Except for the money shortage, everything else is perfect.  And it is a myth that you have to grow up after school days.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ  I do feel nostalgic about school days.  Few months ago,  one of my best friends from graduate school visited me.  We were just reliving all those days.  When we would sit in a cafe all night chatting and would go home at 4:00 a.m.  or were sneaking in to view 2 movies for the price of one or used to go on trips with limited money.  
Angie12 thumbnail

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†yup, me too took the hot seat, i was #2 MOTW...now i must prepare some nice questions for you, promise not to make them 100 like misti did with poor me..i'll be gentle๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

Ioved your answers fo the first set of questions๐Ÿ‘

So I missed that thread.  Belated Congrats on being MOTW.  Thanks for liking the answer and please no 100 questions.  I can so easily believe that Misti would ask 100 questions.  I have to visit that thread to see the questions.  Thankfully so far she has not asked me any question.