Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Angie12

Aviation, you have not participated in either CB2 forum or much in EBP.  So you don't know that biology is the subject I detest most.  I was very happy in 11th grade when I could get rid of that subject.  Bio teacher and I never got along.  She kicked me out of the class couple of times too - like making me stand outside the class for the entire hour.  It is another thing that I used to run away from there and would go to playgrounds to spend my punishment time and would come back 2 minutes before the hour used to be over.  Anyway, I am now reading 2nd grade science books to update my knowledge. 

And your hints are not working for me.  They are too subtle.  Can you give me another hint?  Even the fish gives eggs.  So are they considered fish type aquatic animals.  I am trying not to cheat from google.  

And please no more animal questions. πŸ˜† Remember the week is over.πŸ˜‰

Ok kids...here is a quick lesson. Birds are also animals. Birds like Mammals fall under Kingdon Animalia (Animals). Fishes, amphibians (frogs), reptiles, birds and a very prehistoric group of mammals called monotremes (found in Australia) lay eggs. There are only 5 living species of momtremes found in the world (duck billed platypus and echidna). Next in evolution comes the marsupials (Kangaroo) who give birth to very premature babies and they live and grow in the mothers pouch.  Next comes the mammals who give birth to more developed young ones.

Samzla?πŸ˜‰

Edited by misti73 - 9 years ago
misti73 thumbnail

You mean to say that this clip was not real.  And here I always thought that penguins could fly but not a great distance as shown in the video.  πŸ˜²

Ok...no more questions related to non-humans anymore.  I manage to embarrass myself more and more every time.  Now even aviation is giving me lessons.  Ok...my new resolution is to buy these bird/animals/aquatic birds or whatever kind of books and memorize pictures, facts etc. by heart.  

Thats a computer generated clip.πŸ˜‰. Can a bird with a body structure of penguin fly? How about its weight?
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: misti73

Ok kids...here is a quick lesson. Birds are also animals. Birds like Mammals fall under Kingdon Animalia (Animals). Fishes, amphibians (frogs), reptiles, birds and a very prehistoric group of mammals called monotremes (found in Australia) lay eggs. There are only 5 living species of momtremes found in the world (duck billed platypus and echidna). Next in evolution comes the marsupials (Kangaroo) who give birth to very premature babies and they live and grow in the mothers pouch.  Next comes the mammals who give birth to more developed young ones.

Samzla?πŸ˜‰

Samzla?  Not really.  Half of your words went over my head. Just glad that I was not wrong when I called Penguine an animal. πŸ˜† 

Misti, now I am trying to memorize your six lines.  Reminds me of my biology classes where I used to memorize them and in the exam would forget some crucial line from the middle.  

Is there a Biology book for dummies?  You know something in simple layman (laywoman) language.  Why are all these names so difficult?  Could they have not named all these as Tom, Harry, Dick type names - the ones you can remember.  Who can remember words like montremes, marsupials, echidna?  

But I do appreciate you giving me some knowledge.πŸ‘
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: misti73

Thats a computer generated clip.πŸ˜‰. Can a bird with a body structure of penguin fly? How about its weight?

Misti, now you are asking too many deep questions.πŸ˜•  I was too busy being mesmerized by the flying penguins to think of anything else.  Ok...just to be honest,  I did think that they fly even before I saw your video.  That's why I was puzzled with Myra's question.  I was thinking that it must be a trick question, but then it looked so simple.  So I thought that she had put this simple question as a joke about my poor knowledge of animals/birds.  So it was a trick question.  I need to take Myra to task for this.
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Chalhov,  than you.  Yes, thank God for small mercies.

But where have you been?  Are you done with election work or are you going to be busy until May 16th.  And are you working in AP area?  That is one of the most contested election area.  

Yes Angie from HYD and it will not be over with elections then we have state bifurcation issue that is the reason except for WUs hardly active anywhere
misti73 thumbnail

Samzla?  Not really.  Half of your words went over my head. Just glad that I was not wrong when I called Penguine an animal. πŸ˜† Scientifically you were not wrong.πŸ˜‰

Misti, now I am trying to memorize your six lines.  Reminds me of my biology classes where I used to memorize them and in the exam would forget some crucial line from the middle.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 
Biology classes were fun for me. πŸ˜› The only thing that I did not like about biology was botany.

Is there a Biology book for dummies?  You know something in simple layman (laywoman) language.  Why are all these names so difficult?  Could they have not named all these as Tom, Harry, Dick type names - the ones you can remember.  Who can remember words like montremes, marsupials, echidna?  Wait till you get to know about the scientific name of fungus...then the actual fun starts.πŸ˜† 

But I do appreciate you giving me some knowledge.πŸ‘ You are welcome.πŸ˜‰

misti73 thumbnail

Misti, now you are asking too many deep questions.πŸ˜•  I was too busy being mesmerized by the flying penguins to think of anything else.  Ok...just to be honest,  I did think that they fly even before I saw your video.  That's why I was puzzled with Myra's question.  I was thinking that it must be a trick question, but then it looked so simple.  So I thought that she had put this simple question as a joke about my poor knowledge of animals/birds.  So it was a trick question.  I need to take Myra to task for this.

I think Myra also got confused initially.πŸ˜‰ Then she indirectly asked me whether this is a joke and I told her indirectly that yes it is.πŸ˜‰

But please do take Myra to task. 
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Misti, it as angie who was supose to be in the hot seat..😑 now u are picking on me :((..hmm, let some time pass.. ur turn will come 
😈

Angie, it was a trick question..penguins cant fly..the video misti posted is made by BBC and i was wondering how do they do this to make it so real πŸ˜†.. then it remembered me happy feet movie and Mumble, how those poor penguins tried to fly  to save themselves🀣
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

Misti, it as angie who was supose to be in the hot seat..😑 now u are picking on me :((..hmm, let some time pass.. ur turn will come 

😈 I am not picking on you but supporting Angie in her fight for her rights.

Angie, it was a trick question..penguins cant fly..the video misti posted is made by BBC and i was wondering how do they do this to make it so real πŸ˜†.. then it remembered me happy feet movie and Mumble, how those poor penguins tried to fly  to save themselves🀣and now you are busy roasting Mumble.πŸ€”

Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PutijaChalhov

Yes Angie from HYD and it will not be over with elections then we have state bifurcation issue that is the reason except for WUs hardly active anywhere

Yeah, that is why the elections are so interesting with that state bifurcation issue as a big point in AP this time.