Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jia.astk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Angie..well deserved πŸ˜Š..congratulations. Love reading your in-depth analysis..
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: munnihyderabad

aren't the clues simple enough πŸ˜›

I know, most of you might have got it by now !! πŸ˜‰

so here's presenting our next "AShlokian" of the week 

"Angie12"

aka 

Angie

Congratulations AngieπŸ€— here is your MOTW siggie which you can flaunt in your dabba for a week πŸ˜³
Siggie Credit -starry.phoenix

Munni, thanks for the honor.  I have enjoyed being in this forum since the beginning.  And most of the time it has been smooth here despite all the initial hoopla that was in the beginning due to the name of the show.

I am going to answer all the questions as honestly as possible though some are bit tricky.

A few questions to get you started from here .. 

Name?
Angie (Angela as the full name).  But except for friends and close family (parents/brother),  all the teachers and relatives throughout my life have called me by anything but these names.  It is either Anju or Anjali or in worst cases, some distorted form of the name somewhere sounding between Anjali and Anjila.   

Date of Birth ? 
May 12, 1997.  
Now before Misti and some friends from previous forum laugh,  there is an explanation.  I have two very cute nephews - 8 and 4 (almost 5).  So my 4 year old nephew thinks that 8 is the age of wisdom.  So my 8 year old nephew told him that I am 16 when he asked my age because he thought that I am double his age (I might have contributed to that thought).  So now my 4 year old nephew who is turning 5 on May 6 believes firmly that I am going to be 17 on May 12.  He is pretty rigid about his beliefs and despite my husband's best attempts to dissuade him, he has not budged from his stand because his 8 year old brother knows the best.  And my 8 year old nephew so far mostly believes what I tell him.     
  Interests/hobbies?
Reading, travelling, Gardening (new interest though I have not managed to grow anything and usually kills whatever I touch),  playing with my nephews which currently involves playing soccer, basketball, racing and playing in the mud, cooking (not cleaning),  browsing forums, and a big political and news junkie.

Profession/Education
 (Examiner for Banks)/ I have a doctorate in Finance & Masters in Mathematics and Statistics

How did you come across India-Forums?
Got Hindi channels 5 years ago because my parents were visiting me.  Browsing them saw this show CB (Choti Bahu) - my first Hindi soap.  Got intrigued by a scene towards the end where the hero was being hoisted on people's shoulders and he was looking shell shocked, while the heroine was peeking from the crowd.  Then watched few scenes couple of times and then started watching it on and off for a month.  Until there was a major confrontation scene between the hero (Avinash) and the female lead.  It was very powerful (I believe that Avinash won the best actor award based on that scene) and I just got hooked to the show.  Since I had missed about 5 months of the story,  I was trying to search for the back story and found India forum after few attempts where people were writing the summary of every episode from the beginning.  Then got hooked to the forum after seeing so much discussion of every episode.

How did you land up in IPKKND..EBP forum ?
Well, it was for four reasons - Avinash whose work I had seen in CB,  Manish whom I had seen as Raavan in few episodes of Mahadev and thought was an excellent actor, Spheres (I had seen their earlier show Gulaal on and off and had found that they maintained their quality until the end despite the bad ratings and had complex grey male characters unlike other women oriented soaps) and most importantly because some of my friends (Misti, Myra and others) from the other forum were participating here.

What do you like the most about IPKKND...EBP ?
Based on the first six months,  the cast (very talented), the story (complex relationships in a dysfunctional family with an abuse as a backdrop) and good direction.   

If you were given a chance to play one character of IPPKND..EBP what would that be and why ?
If I were any good at acting,  I would have wanted to play a villain and so that is Niranjan.  Manipulative and evil and entertaining - my kind of favorite villain
 Favorite Actor/Actress (Bollywood and Tellydom)?
This one is tough because now I like different actors in different movies and shows.  Ok, in the current era I like Irfan Khan and Vidya Balan.  My all time favorites are Amitabh, Naseeruddin Shah and Nutan for their versatility.  But I like so many in different roles.

TV - not seen many soaps.  So far CB and EBP have only been my regular shows.  And I have watched on and off some TV shows.   I do not feel that any one actor can do all the roles.  For example, I cannot think of any one other actor than Avinash playing Dev (CB) and Shlok (EBP).  Same as Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy who are/were perfect as Mahadev and Sati. So I don't want to really state that any actor is my favorite.  Besides the actor, I have to like the character and the script for me to like the show.
 Favorite Sections(s) on I-F?
Episode Discussion Threads, VM threads and anything related to humor
 Best friend(s) on I-F?
Misti.  We started writing on the forum around the same time.  And I love her sense of humor and style of writing.   Also I like her for a lot of other things the more I have interacted with her on a personal level.
How does it feel being the Member of the week? 
I kind of feel weird because I like the anonymity of the forum and feel uncomfortable writing about myself.  Also I became Member of the Week just when I started criticizing the show and stopped watching it regularly.

and the game begins... enjoy the hot seat until a week πŸ˜³

And it was hot..

MOTW sig: starry.phoenix

DT Tag: Ravjot

AShlokian of the Week tag: appy_indy-KD

Edited by Angie12 - 10 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ARIANA_

ah! congo shongo! ^_^ enjoy the hawt seat!🀣

Ariana,  thanks.  And the seat was really hot.πŸ˜†
Angie12 thumbnail
Mawraa, thanks.
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neelum.drashti

Congratulations AngieπŸ‘

Neelum,  thanks.
Angie12 thumbnail

Lachii, thanks.
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: misti73

What!!! I have to wait more now...!!! Angie this is not fair.

Misti,  I got so involved with Rekha's thread that I did not have time to write here.  But it was kind of good for me to write there.  My sense of humor about soaps has returned.  So really the wait was worth it because now you will not be reading my ranting much.  
Edited by Angie12 - 10 years ago
aviation-ca thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you for the hot seat info... for a moment, I thought, what, wait, you can't be my daughter's age.. then caught on the explanation πŸ˜†... your nephew is so cute.. even today whatever didi says is true.. he asks me & then confirms it with her...

I was missing your analysis these past days.. so checked your profile... now feel sad 😭.. that our favorite characters are getting distilled & diluted...

I kind of sensed the direction with the abrupt revenge marriage.. already the mother-son hatred edge was gone.. the father-son interactions were missing...

But loved your hot-seat responses...
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jassi87

Congrulations angie...
So happy that in my journey of India forums i met a person like u...
First in cb forum n now in ebp...
Never i enjoyed a episode...without ur analysis!!!!

It gives some emotional feeling that without seeing any person,we get attached to someone...
Congo again...

Sonia,  thanks.  You know it took me a while to figure out that you changed your username.  I initially thought that you stopped watching EBP.  So is that a short version of your real name?

And I too am glad to see old friends.  I had wished to see more of old CB friends in this forum.  Still it gave a good feeling to be in a new forum with some friends from previous forum  - Misti, Myra and you.  It kind of gives you a feeling of comfort.  It was too bad that so many stayed away from this forum.

Thanks for liking my analysis.  And I agree about the emotional feeling where you do get attached to people even though you have never met them.  So you always feel good when you see them posting in the same place or liking the same show.