Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

here is my set of questions:

Myra,  you too with almost as many questions as Misti.  Too bad I missed your thread.  Otherwise, I would have grilled you too.  Now when Misti becomes MOTW, I do not want to miss it.  

1. Whats the movie you have watched more than 3 times? Ok, this one is related to 7.  But I have watched two chick flicks more than 3 times - Pretty woman and Ghost.  And the other one is Superman movies (I and II) starring Christopher Reeves.  There is something innocent and wholesome about those Superman movies that I can watch them many many times and not get bored.

2. Do u still remember the name of ur first love? Actually,  I used to have different crushes every year.  So now I am trying to remember who was my first crush. So I cannot recall the face of my first crush.  How can I remember his name?  I think I remember the name and face of my third crush.
3. If you have/had to fire someone..whats the first thing you say/said to that person? I have only done it once and that too with a coworker because my boss told us to hire a short-term contractor (for some programming work) who would report to us both.  This guy was much older than us and resented reporting to young girls.  Also he had falsified his qualifications.  So the boss told us to fire him as it is very easy to hire and fire contractors in US.  So I approached him first and started tentatively that though we liked him and his work,  we had to let him go as we can do the work ourselves since it was taking us less time to do it and our boss wanted the work to be done in a short time period.  He became aggressive and I became defensive.  Then my other ruthless co-worker took over and just told him that he was fired because we did not like his work or him and he should pack his bags within an hour.  That finished all the arguments.   I felt guilty for two days for taking away somebody's livelihood though my boss and coworker told me that he would be able to find work somewhere else quite easily.  Thankfully,  I never had to do it again.   

4. Have you ever colored your hair? Yes, recently couple of months ago for the first time.

5.Did u try that blue nail polish i talked to you abt? I have tried blue nail polish but have not yet found the shade you mentioned.  You have to post the picture of that shade for me to find it.

6.How many kids do you wanna have?  Only one and that too preferably a daughter.  Since I love kids,  I would like to adopt couple.  Again preference is for girls, but would not discriminate if I get boys.  
7.Is smth there that u love doing but u are ashamed to admit? Not anymore.  But used to hate telling my friends in college that I was reading romance novels that time.  I had made an image of myself as this superior kind who was above reading such junk.  So my ego would have been hurt if they had made fun of me for reading romance novels.  Thankfully, I got tired of them soon.  
8.Why America? Ok, now I would sound like a typical American.  But despite all its warts and short comings, I still think US is the best country for somebody to live in with a lot of diversity.  It is not because it is a rich, resourceful country, but because here I feel a type of freedom and non-judgment (about one's life style) that I have not seen anywhere else.  Admittedly, I have only lived in three countries only.  And people can do a lot if they are talented and have a drive.  And I am having the best of two worlds where I can be close to my culture (visit my home country and get the best of that country) and still live the way I want to live.  Plus now this country allows me to have multiple citizenships.  So I am a citizen of three countries and that gives me a lot of freedom to visit many countries in the world without requiring a visa.  

9.Have u ever visited any europen country? Myra, you have touched a really raw nerve.  As a baby (6 months old), I have visited many European countries because my parents were very fond of travelling.  

In my adult life,  Europe and I do not mix.  So far I have planned four trips to various countries in Europe and all trips have been jinxed.  In one trip,  I went as far as Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam, Holland) and they found something wrong with my passport and would not let me go to city to stay with a friend.  Then I called her and this was pre 2001 era.  So she was allowed to come in the airport and we spent hours there until I got a connecting flight to India.  In the second trip (again to Holland and Israel),  I and my husband were flying from different cities.  While I was at the airport waiting for boarding,  the airlines cancelled the flight because of the bad weather and there was only one flight from other airlines that still went.  It had few empty seats but they were grabbed by the time I went to the counter to get an alternate flight.  Luckily, my husband's plane had not flown though he was inside the plane.  So I called him and he went alone without me.  I came back and next day had to go back to the office to work for my Khadoos boss.  Then I gave up on Holland and decided on other European countries (France, UK etc.).  My two trips were cancelled almost in the last week because of either some family emergency or some other personal problem.  So everyone in my family (even my little nephews) except for me have gone to several European countries.  I have only gone to airports while waiting for my connecting flights.

I have now given up on Europe and concentrating on South America, Canada and Asia.  I think only once I have visited other continents,  my jink about Europe would be removed.  

10.What do u dream/wish for these days? All I want to do is travel now to different places.

11. Did u ever got drunk? Yes, few  times during college.  My friends and I used to buy these cheap wines as we were always short of money.  And either you get more drunk on cheap wines or maybe we used to drink more too.  

12. Do u dance? I learnt Kathak in school - one of Indian classical music for several years.  But I was the worst student in the class and my Guruji had given up on me ever doing my steps properly.  So in the end, he would just ask me to take off my ghungroos (ankle bells) and do whatever I wanted to do.  By taking off ghungroos,  I was not disturbing the rhythm of the rest of the class.  But I used to score highest in theory exams of these dance class.  I did pass several levels though I used to have lowest marks in the practical exam.  

Now, I only dance for fun (on contemporary music) when my friends drag me to nightclubs because I am not a nightclub type of person.

13. Are u Momma's girl or daddy's lil princess? Both now.  See I have only one brother.  My father used to openly favor me when I was a kid and my brother was more close to my mother.  But as I grew up,  slowly my mother (who is a very liberal) became my close friend and so now we are very close.  Though I love my dad a lot,  I idolize my mother.  Because she was from a very small village and from a very conservative traditional family that openly discriminated between girls and boys.  They were rich and influential in the village but not open minded.  So she struggled a lot to get equal rights and education.  And so when she had me, she was determined to give me a lot of opportunities and freedom that she did not get.   So my value system is mostly from her though we are very different in personalities.  She is gentle, calm and rarely gets angry.  Also she is very tolerant of other's opinions.  I am highly opinionated and egoistic.  

14.Whats ur fav clothing item in ur wardrobe? It is leggings (or tight slacks) and cotton kurtas or shirt.  That is the most comfortable clothing for me.  And nowadays I even sometimes wear them to the office when I have no meetings though I probably should not dress so casually as not many wear such casual clothes at my work place.

15.Dou you know how a baby goat looks like?  I know how an adult goat look like because I have seen them.  So I assume that the baby goat looks like a younger version of that.  

16. Mango or apple? Mango anytime though I now force myself to eat apples once in a while because of that proverb "an apple a day keeps the doctor away.."
17. Do you hate me after reading question #15? No, though Misti asked a similar version of it.  But you both have justification for asking such questions.  I have messed up so many animals in the forum that I feel like taking a class on animals.
18.Last movie u saw? I have not seen any movie in a theatre for more than a year.  Last movie I remember seeing was Avatar or Snowwhite.  But I think I saw few more after that but cannot recall off the top of my head.    Now I am planning to see Amazing spiderman 2. On DVD player, I saw Harry Potter II this past weekend because I was showing it to my nephew so that he would not pester me while I was browsing internet.  

19. SRK or Salman?( and u have to chose one) ok, this one is easy.  It is SRK. Though I did like his Chennai Express to an extent for the sheer nonsensical fun where one does not have to think much.  Salman type movies do not interest me much.  I did see his Ek Tha Tiger, but it was in plane and I had nothing else to do, and there were no better choices.  

Edited by Angie12 - 9 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks Angie for your answers. Enjoyed reading them.I like your younger nephew. He is not the one to accept things and likes asking questions.

By the way ...I am a bit confused regarding linking 1997 to QSQT/Fauji...because both of them  belongs to the late 1980's. Hope that you can clear my confusion.

My fav answers were the one about the gift and your childhood memories.

Now be prepared for the next set.😈
jia.astk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Angie, I liked your answers. Thanks for answering.
hmm., I was expecting NA to be your  most favourite character for the complexity. I understood wrong then πŸ˜›.  I read other answers too..you are a fun person πŸ˜Š. 
The one question I wanted to ask was whom would you like to meet alive or dead and I expected  'Chanakya' from you..so that was right!
My father is also a numismatist ..he has collected a lot of coins, currency all over the world, he still does.
Edited by jia.astk - 9 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Here you go AngieπŸ˜ƒ

1.      Are you breaking the law if you drive past those road signs that say "Do Not Pass?"

2.      Could someone ever get addicted to counseling? If so, how could you treat them?

3.      How do they motivate the people who create the motivational posters?

4.      How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the morning?

5.      If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a picture of a thousand words worth?

6.      If all the world's a stage, where does the audience sit?

7.      If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?

8.      If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

9.      If you call the newspaper to put an ad in, should you not tell them about it because it's classified?

10.  If you made wine out of raisins, would you have to wait for it to age?

11.  Is there another word for "synonym?"

12.  What do you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an endangered plant?

13.  When we say our mind wanders, where does it go?

14.  Why do they put nutritional information on bottled water?

15.  Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?

16.  You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, it's raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus: (a) An old lady who looks as if she is about to die, (b) An old friend who once saved your life, (c) The perfect partner you have been dreaming about. Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing very well that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for answering my questions Angie, like ur style in answering it i thought to ask you more but then i saw misti's new list.. cant wait to c ur answers..
Abt Europe, dont give up on it...its truly beautiful and since u love traveling its a pitty if u wont see it!!

Here is the blue i mentioned ( i am wearing it these days )

hope u can see the pic..
Edited by Myra.nelly - 9 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: misti73

Thanks Angie for your answers. Enjoyed reading them.I like your younger nephew. He is not the one to accept things and likes asking questions.
Yeah,  he is such a street smart kid.  My brother thinks that he would be the one to smoke bidis and bunk classes and still appear angelic to everyone.

By the way ...I am a bit confused regarding linking 1997 to QSQT/Fauji...because both of them  belongs to the late 1980's. Hope that you can clear my confusion.
Misti,  it is really elementary.  I just said that I watched all this before I was 8.  So I was negative eight.  Some would interpret it as previous life.  I just prefer to call my age as -8.  And that is my final answer.  Samazla. πŸ˜‰  

My fav answers were the one about the gift and your childhood memories.  Thanks.  Actually because of yours and Myra's questions,  I suddenly could remember a lot of happy memories.  You tend to forget them over time.  So while I was straining my brain yesterday answering all these questions,  I just relived all the happy time of school and University.  Now I am missing my school days.  They were the best - no care, concern or anything but just to have fun.  The only worry used to be during exams but that was not the big deal either because I never strived to be a topper.

Now be prepared for the next set.😈

Misti,  I just read them.😑  You are asking too many hard questions.  Do you know I woke up at 8:00 a.m. after answering all those difficult questions the previous night, as my brain got so tired. You know I work for the government these days and people in government do not need to use their brains too much.  So it is a strain when you have to suddenly use something that you have used for months.

Ok,  you are now driving me to take a drink.  Maybe I have to break my self imposed rule and go for couple of glasses of wine to answer this new set of questions. 

Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jia.astk

Angie, I liked your answers. Thanks for answering.
hmm., I was expecting NA to be your  most favourite character for the complexity. I understood wrong then πŸ˜›.  I read other answers too..you are a fun person πŸ˜Š. 
The one question I wanted to ask was whom would you like to meet alive or dead and I expected  'Chanakya' from you..so that was right!
My father is also a numismatist ..he has collected a lot of coins, currency all over the world, he still does.

Jia, thanks.  NA was initially more interesting to me .  But Shlok appeared more complex than Niranjan.  Hence I like  him more (all this is based on first six months).   

Yup, I have liked Chanakya's brains where his protege could build an empire and defeat the powerful Greek army.  

I did not know that numismatist is the word for the coin/currency collector.  Collecting something requires a lot of patience and I do not have enough patience.

Jia, if you do not mind me asking,  where are you from?  Are you from India or from some other country?
Edited by Angie12 - 9 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

Thanks for answering my questions Angie, like ur style in answering it i thought to ask you more but then i saw misti's new list.. cant wait to c ur answers..

Abt Europe, dont give up on it...its truly beautiful and since u love traveling its a pitty if u wont see it!!

Here is the blue i mentioned ( i am wearing it these days )

hope u can see the pic..

Myra, thanks for liking my style.  I have not really given up on Europe.  But I have now put it on the back burner because I feel that I need to go to other countries first.  Only then my jink about any European country would be broken.  So I need to travel to some exotic place before I attempt another trip to Europe.

Thanks for the picture.  I love this shade.  I have two or three tops of this exact shade.  But so far I have not seen this shade in   the nailpolish yet.  If I find it,  I am going to buy it.  The one I have is mid blue and it looks ok on me skin tone but not the greatest.  Jewel colors suit me more and your blue is more jewel blue.
misti73 thumbnail
Edited by misti73 - 9 years ago
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Angie, forget the wine.. i think you need a shot of tequila for that set of questions πŸ˜†