Men and Women can be Only friends?What about LGBT people - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago
True..the bonding is something that happens on its own and cannot be forced. It is to be treasured more than any romantic intimacy. But questions and doubts such as the one raised by the TM can sometimes hurt an otherwise innocent and pleasant relationship.  People tend to see things from their own mental screen.

@ Bold : that is yet another contributing factor..however, i dont think the questions raised by the TM hurts any relationship in anyway..in fact , it could do the opposite..since talking about something or discussing something in the open with a logical, rational & moral approach can only help in solving a problem or answering a question rather than keeping it bottled up & not talking about while imposing a 'hush-hush' attitude..

The fact that only men-women friendship is being thus questioned in the topic  and not the same gender indicates the bias. In fact someone seemed to suggest that if there was no attraction between the hetero friends it could only mean that they were homos πŸ˜†

I dont think it has anything to do with a "bias" towards or against the LGBT community..it so happens that most people are straight & the alternative sexuality is still (& will always be) in the minority , so the question in hand is more relevant to a large chunk of the population but that does not mean it looks down upon the LGBT community..if anyone feels like it, may be they can start another topic on similar lines with respect to LGBT community..but yes, i do agree that it may seem like a sort of bias to the minority group since they are so fed up with heteronormative culture..and rightly so, it must be really difficult growing up in a hetero-normative world for the LGBT people..in an ideal world people wont see LGBT as a different community but a part of themselves..however, most people are only bothered with things that they relate to ( and that includes hetero & LGBT both )..so they often seek comfort in their own community (human tendency) & the LGBT community suffers in the process since most people are straight..

@ Bold..who did ?.😲..i guess , i dint notice it , may be he/she was just being sarcastic or funny..πŸ˜†
Edited by Quixotic5 - 9 years ago
Enjoyed the convo with you Quixotic. I conclude that people from opposite genders can be and are friends and only friends without  having any ulterior motive just as there can be friends amongst the same gender.  At the same time I understand that there would be people who find it difficult to be "just friends" with another boy or a girl. There would also be some who simply cannot befriend another human being. To each his own.
NarutoFan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
They can be.We have our own friends circle.
Even after getting married there are women n men who still keep their
friendhip last forever😊
PaapiGudia thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
men and women or boys or girls can be gr8 friends. Yes der is certain attraction for some people but that does not mean that der relationship can only be named as  BOYFRIEND GALFRIEND. I am girl and i too have many frnds who are boys. I do believe my frndship with all of them is very pure and they all are my more loyal frnds than anybody else.

nyc topic TM😊
CricktFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes it is possible that man and woman can only be friend but it is also possible that their friendship can be converted to love also . 
Adinash thumbnail
Bro sis are friends only 
leaving gf for boys and bf for girls rest others are like bro and sisters 
and in a contry like india people call "bhaiyaji", "behen" like this only if we want to give someone respect 
VJ_Salgaonkar thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@topic
yes!
for some reason since times immemorial.. all my best friends till date are male.
I unfortunately don't share a good rapport with others of my own gender 😡
^^ Not very surprising actually as teenaged guys tend to pamper the opposite gender unlike girls of the same age group who would be more critical and thus unwelcome πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† 
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: zorrro

^^ Not very surprising actually as teenaged guys tend to pamper the opposite gender unlike girls of the same age group who would be more critical and thus unwelcome πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

oye...I accept criticism OK? 🀣😳
OK then explain to me about how and why do some guys share a good rapport with girls and not guys?
well yes..if you think that way it's me who criticizes her friends a lot,and another truth is that majority of the girls don't take it sportingly unlike majority of guys.πŸ˜†
(I am confused.. i believed guys have a more serious ego problem than girls..πŸ˜•)