Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Druids thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
When I first heard Queen, I became a big fan of Freddy Mercury. Then I thought he defo was a bit weird.
Then I read Wikipedia accounts and he was molested in some church. Why is it that all gay men have been molested at some point in their life.

iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Druids

When I first heard Queen, I became a big fan of Freddy Mercury. Then I thought he defo was a bit weird.

Then I read Wikipedia accounts and he was molested in some church. Why is it that all gay men have been molested at some point in their life.

nothing like that.
Molestation/rape are NOT related to sexual orientation of the victim in any way.
Druids thumbnail

Originally posted by: iMini

nothing like that.
Molestation/rape are NOT related to sexual orientation of the victim in any way.

I have read about loads of gay celebrities/ writers etc who were initiated. And many more go on to do the same eg. George Michael, Oscar Wilde, Lord Byron etc.

Have you read about the gay Greeks where older gay men had relationships with young boys? And bachabazi?
iMini thumbnail

I have read about loads of gay celebrities/ writers etc who were initiated. And many more go on to do the same eg. George Michael, Oscar Wilde, Lord Byron etc.

Have you read about the gay Greeks where older gay men had relationships with young boys? And bachabazi?

to be frank,some abusers just need something to blame their actions upon XYZ reasons.They don't want to take the responsibility of their actions.
Dependence of sexual victimization and orientation is a big myth which needs to be popularly busted because many male victims fear they might be judged as gay just because of this myth and hence never speak up.

---------
You know,victims often want to recreate the scenario in which they were abused, so for example if a man was raped in his childhood by a man,in adulthood he might involve himself in occasional gay sex despite being straight.
----
Sorry,i havent read much about gay greeks and bachabaazi..but i think i will recollect what it is once you tell me something about it.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
There were many ancient practices that did not consider age of consent. Age of consent is a relatively modern term. It stems from modern psychology that has discovered that teenagers are not psychologically or emotionally ready for the weight of sexual relationships. Ancient people were ignorant or even delusional where they believed that the guidance of an older person helped children navigate through sexual maturity. 

Some of those practices have not died out. Some people still use them as excuses to justify their acts. Child marriage, child sex slavery are universal in many parts across the globe. Some cultures are just better about fighting it. 

There usually is no correlation between sexual abuse/rape and sexual orientation. Pedophiles target children. Sexual predators and rapists target teens and young adults because they are consider softer, pliable and easily manipulated targets. Orientation has nothing to do with it. The reason why gay men seem to be victims is because gay men are more likely to report it sometime in their life. They have accepted their sexual orientation. Many have gone through the experience of overcoming societal shame and learning to love themselves as they are. This makes it easier to admit that they were violated - they know the shame is with society and abusers, not with them. Straight men have a harder time admitting abuse. They have a macho image to portray. They still feel ashamed. They still feel insecure about their sexual orientation. They fear being considered weak or lesser. Hence, many will never report and take abuse or rape as a secret to their graves. Even if they do report it, it is to a close confidant or psychologist - it rarely becomes public knowledge. 

There is also the issue where gay men and women are raped or sexually abused as "punishment" for their orientation. That is a different issue. It reiterates the fact that rape is not a crime of passion but a crime of power - of the rapist exerting dominance over their victim. 

Druids thumbnail
Frankly, I can't say if gay men are more likely to report being molested. But as far as I'm concerned, when young adults or kids are molested, it can definitely have an impact on their sexual orientation. 
Sexuality is very complex. And there are far too many examples of gay men (again I am extrapolating this from famous people's biographies alone), who were targetted as kids, to question the view that sexual orientation is something people are born with. 

Now, if we say that they were born gay and therefore much more likely to report the crime, then that argument can be turned on its head to conclude that they became gay and therefore were more likely to report. 

Yes, there are probably some who are born that way. That was my sole argument anyway. That molestation can change the orientation. 

Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, ALexander all were gay so perhaps homosexuality was much more acceptable in ancient Greece. But in most other cultures, it's always been condemned. 

Bachabazi is practised by some of the rich in Afghanistan even though Islam is strictly against homosexuality. 

I never did understand homophobes. They are usually gay themselves otherwise how could they punish someone for their orientation by violating them in turn. 

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
for quite some time LGBT was a kind of sandwich... lol... then i realized its BLT...Btw besides not being a kind of sandwich... LGBT can be friends too...!!! Edited by qwertyesque - 9 years ago
iMini thumbnail
@druids
Just because youve learnt of cases of gay men being molested/raped in childhood doesn't mean you can debate over something already proven..that such abuse affects sexuality.
It doesn't..no debate on this.
If you want to believe otherwise then no one can help that.
There are many gay people who werent abused and many straight people who were.How do you explain this?
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, ALexander all were gay so perhaps homosexuality was much more acceptable in ancient Greece. But in most other cultures, it's always been condemned. 

sure who documented that.. History is only as good as the documenting authority..and ancient history can be distorted anyway you want.. i could say Aristotle had a brahmin ancestry who migrated to Greece. If nobody can disprove that.. it goes into history and we can claim Aristotle was indian.. ok that was a bizarre example..

AMA on its own stopped medical research on inverts and now its like a truth from the gospel that being gay is being normal...😆...americans are the authority today.. 
Druids thumbnail
@iMini
Sure believe them studies. Studies also showed that adding fluorides to drinking water was safe. 
I have some news for you. Do you know about amyl nitrite poppers? Before these, there was no AIDS among the gay population. 

@qwertyesque

True. Reading history needs a perceptive mind. But homosexuality was rampant in Greece. Far too many sources. 

Yeah lol. Next they will make bestiality normal like it's legal in Denmark. 

Edited by Druids - 9 years ago