Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vandu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Identity crisis!

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Actress Rucha Gujrati aka Suhana in the show, (who stepped into Bhabi's shoes after the leap), is bored with her look in the serial. Reason? "Every actress playing a bahu, in any serial dresses and looks the same. I understand that in a traditional get-up, one really can't do much experiment with the look, but then, there is no harm in trying.?  But to Rucha's dismay nothing has been done about it as yet.

She says, "I have spoken to the concerned people in the channel and the production house and the channel authorities have given a nod long ago. I have been meeting designers and make-up artistes for suggestions, but all in vain. I want Suhana to wear better saris in the show and also feel that some curls in my hair can make a great deal of difference."

Says Jatin, the creative head of the serial, "I have no say in the matter. It's an issue that Rucha and the production house have to sort out themselves."

Apparently, the production house has stalled the make-over since they are planning to establish new characters in the show. "I am upset. It's high time that UTV looks into the matter," says Rucha. The popular afternoon slot show is in the midst of completing its 1000 episodes. "It's a big occasion and I want the make-over to happen before that," she adds. On a brighter note she adds, "The entire team is planning to visit the Vaishno Devi shrine to seek her blessings on the occasion. From the camera man to the star cast we're all looking forward to it."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;am p;articleid=11520061137621152006105393#

Holi ushers a new character in Bhabhi

Posted online: Friday, March 10, 2006 at 0000 hours IST

STAR Plus? afternoon soap Bhabhi has got itself an exclusive music track Rang Mile in the voice of Shreya Ghosal. The track is currently being aired on the show and on Channel [V]. Penned by Manoj Muntashir, Rang Mile is a one minute 30-second track composed by Anand Sharma. The song cut down in three 30 seconders each will musically weave the life story of the lead character Suhana as she goes through the emotional journey of love, despair and hope in her life, comparing it to different colours of life. This musical track on the Holi special episode of March 15, will also unveil a new and key character to the show Nihaal played by Bhanujeet Sudan, who will come in as Suhana?s brother-in-law. He will be her ray of hope and love... Doesn?t this ring a bell? Remember Kora Kagaaz Ka?

Edited by Vandu4ever - 17 years ago
Vandu4ever thumbnail

Sisters' Act!

An amazing relationship will be treasured and presented to you with an amazing set of beauties, tonight on STAR Plus on your favourite weekend show - Jodee Kamaal Kii.

Welcome three famous television stars with their loving sisters into your drawing rooms tonight. Kumkum's Juhi Parmar, Kahaani's and Kasautii's Tina Parekh and Bhabhi's Rucha share with you the love they share with their sisters.

Borrowing things, using one as the alibi, giving each other moral support or just being there? These sister jodees seem to have done it all. Here are few incidents they shared on the show.

Appreciating Choice
We all take stuff from our siblings, but there are few things that are appreciated more on you than on the person who bought it! Well, it's a moment you will like to share only with your dear ones, like Tina's elder sister who likes taking Tina's stuff and finally when Tina says "Hey that a nice shade of lipstick your wearing", Manisha promptly replies, "Huh! It's yours only!".

An Alibi
Manisha used Tina as her alibi to the library so that she could meet her boyfriend (now her husband)? The interesting thing being that Tina had full paisa vasool and went ahead dressing nearly the same way on the day of Manisha's wedding. Tina had nobody to stop her from taking the saath phera's with them. There were no limits with this sibling love as Tina even went ahead and stood between the newly married couple at the reception.

Divide and rule
Who of the two plays the "Naradmuni" between Rucha and Prachi? And quick came the well agreed-upon reply that it is Rucha who hates to share her clothes with her sister.

What I hate!
It's a special relationship and sometimes there are special jargon used at each other, for Juhi Parmar it is the word "Duffer". She keeps saying when she gets angry or loses her cool!

Competition from outside!
Juhi has been asked innumerable times in various interviews and by many of her fans, as to who she would "like" to marry? Well, this show has the answer. Juhi reveals her dream dude! Who will he be and will she have competition, find out yourself tonight? Most likely you could also be in the list of competitors!

Watch them dance, laugh with tears of joy, give a helping hand to each other in all the exciting rounds of Jodee Kamaal Kii, that's back with loads of infotainment!

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Rucha Gujrathi fell off a merry-go-round

Rucha Gujrathi

Rucha Gujrathi and Bhanujeet Sudan on the sets of Bhabhi

The fall girl

Rucha Gujrathi fell off a merry-go-round when co-star Bhanujeet Sudan swung it a bit too heartily

Reena Thapar Kapoor

What's work without a degree of mischief to spruce up an otherwise mundane working day ? even if it means taking a fall from a merry-go-round due to the antics of a co-star?

Rucha Gujrathi, the lead actress in Bhabhi was at the receiving end of one such practical joke played on her by co-star Bhanujeet Sudan while shooting at Silent Valley.

When the entire unit took a break Rucha and Pallavi Pathak who plays Tejal, decided to let their hair down at the water park. "Our entire team decided to take a break from the shoot and the two of us were enjoying ourselves on a kids' merry-go-round. It was at that time that Bhanujeet swung it with such gusto that both of us fell off it," says Rucha.

The actress says that it took very little effort for a well-built man like Bhanujeet to swing them off the merry-go-round. "You can't imagine Pallavi and my plight when Bhanu swirled the merry-go-round. It was terrible. Before we knew it, we were sprawled on the ground and was writhing in pain. I hurt my arm and my knee. Pallavi emerged unhurt. I was so angry that I didn't know how to react," says Rucha.

Before the fall, Rucha's interaction with the entire unit was kept to the minimal. "I prefer to keep to myself because too much of interaction leads to complications and misunderstandings," says Rucha.

After recovering from the fall Rucha confronted Bhanujeet angrily, but the other actors intervened and pacified her, thus preventing the situation from getting out of hand. It took two days for the team to ease things out between Bhanu and Rucha. "Eventually we patched up. Things are fine between us now. It has to be because both of us are shooting together 24/7," says Rucha.

Rucha's 'Suhana' birthday bash
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   January 26, 2006

Rucha Gujarathi and Amit Sareen
Telly actress Rucha Gujarathi (the erstwhile Kali of the Sony show Kkusum who now plays the title role in Star?s afternoon drama, Bhabhi) celebrated her birthday on Tuesday at the Vie Lounge and Deck, Juhu.

?As it was my birthday, it was a good opportunity for me to catch up with my old Kkusum gang as well as have the Bhabhi team together,? says Rucha. January 24 was a merry-making day as she took a day off from shooting to chill out.

?It was not exactly a big, planned events but friends dropped in and we all had a blast,? she adds. Here?s a dekho of who did what at the bash...

Rucha Gujarathi and Amit Sareen

Aashka Goradia and Anuj Saxena

Apoorva Agnihotri, Shilpa Saklani and Manish Goyal

Pariva Pranati and Puneet Sachdev

Viren Shah and Rucha Gujarathi

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Rucha Gujrati - our new Bhabhi

Rucha Gujrati, who shot to fame as the vengeful half-sister in TV serial "Kkusum", will now play the lead in STAR Plus' popular afternoon soap "Bhabhi".

She will take over from the main protagonist Saroj played by Dolly Sohi.

"This was a generation leap. Bhabhi (Saroj) has taken sanyas and is going to find herself. She tells me to take over her values and her ethics. She also asks me to take care of the family and keep it intact."

"Too much of drama is going to happen," Rucha told.

"Bhabhi", which has been running for more than two years on the channel, revolved around Saroj, a girl who finds her life changing drastically after marriage. Now Rucha will defy the beaten path and bring freshness to the serial.

"I am not going to play a typical bhabhi (sister-in-law). I will play a modern girl who goes to office, looks after the business and also takes care of her family."

She was seen as Kali, Kumud's shrewd and scheming half-sister, in Ekta Kapoor's soap "Kkusum". It was a negative character but she enjoyed playing it.

"I like both kind of roles because I get to portray different shades. But 'Bhabhi' is a difficult and challenging role for me. It is too much of a responsibility for me, as I have never played the key role. "Viewers are also going to find it difficult to accept me as bhabhi for the next few months. But I have taken it as a challenge." Rucha is doing only "Bhabhi" at the moment.

She says: "It's a 12-hour job for me as the story is going to revolve around me. So I am just concentrating on this only."

Asked her whether she is interested in films, she replies: "There are many plans for the silver screen - I got a few offers but I couldn't do it because I was stuck with 'Kkusum' then. Now, waiting for the right kind of role."

Not new to the arc lights, Rucha started her career as a child artiste and appeared in films like "Dancer", "Hum Hain Kamal Ke" and "Kanyadaan". She has also modelled for advertisements.

"I did a couple of moves as a child artiste. I also did a serial and then took a break to complete my studies," she says.
From santabanta.com

Juhi-Rucha see red in greenroom

Juhi Parmar Rucha Gujarathi

Actresses Juhi Parmar (Kumkum) and Rucha Gujarathi (Bhabhi) had a tiff at the Star Parivaar awards on Wednesday night.

Sources say Juhi and Rucha fought in their make-up room after Rucha reached the venue almost two hours late. Juhi was supposed to share her make-up artiste with Rucha, but due to the delay, Juhi had already started getting ready for her red carpet appearance.

Said an actor who witnessed the fight, ?As soon as Rucha walked into the greenroom, she asked Juhi to stop her make-up. Since she had the first performance of the night, she was already nervous.

But Juhi was already half way into her routine, so didn?t want to let Rucha begin hers. Juhi was upset that Rucha reported late for the event. Then, Rucha started yelling and they had to get some guys from Star to intervene between the two.?

Rush job

When contacted, Rucha admitted to the fight. ?Yes, I did get late, but that?s because of the traffic in Dadar. I usually never travel to town, so didn?t know conditions would be so bad. I reached almost an hour late, and had to get ready for my Colours of India performance. When I reached. I saw Juhi getting her make-up done. I was supposed to share the artiste with her.

She wanted to finish first, as she wanted to go to the red carpet. I too was in a hurry since I had to hit the stage. However, we sorted our issues and I got ready for my performance well in advance.?

?Rucha arrived almost two hours late,? said Juhi. ?She was supposed to come at 4 pm, but reached around 6.15 pm. I thought she would come early so I could start my make-up after hers.

But after her delay, even the make-up artist thought she should start with me first. I was supposed to present an award as part of the pre-event segment. So I too had to get my make-up done on time.?

Gave gyaan

Did Juhi tick Rucha off by giving her unsolicited advice? ?As a senior, I thought it was my duty to share something with her. I have four years of experience at the Parivaar awards, and told her that one has to be responsible and cannot be late. She agreed. There was no drama,? Parmar said.

Rucha Gujrati to play the new bhabhi...

The lead character of Star Plus' afternoon soap 'Bhaabhi' will be Suhana (the daughter of Saroj) who will move into her character's new role as Bhabhi.

Young and vivacious Rucha Gujrati (Suhana) will bring freshness to the character as she will portray a more pragmatic character contrary to ever-sacrificing Bhabhi. As Chopra parivaar will still find it difficult to come to terms with this fact of life, Rucha will placidly fit into the family.

In contrast to her mother, Suhana will be a woman of unique disposition, someone who dares to follow her heart. Much distanced from the typical image of perfect 'bahu' she will defy the beaten path.

Wait and watch whether the new 'Bhabhi' will be a deserving upholder of her mother's legacy or will she go against traditions to give in to the lust for life and her heart?s desires...

SOURCE:-

http://tvguide.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1364184.cms

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Alpa-Shubham tie the knot

SHAADI SPECIAL
Devdas cloned set for Ananya-Nikhil wedding

Wedding bells are ringing on television. Recently Chandni and Aditya tied the knot in India Calling, Nikhil-Ananya of Ek Ladki Anjani Si are taking their vows on August 17 and on the same day, Bhabhi?s Alpa will take the saat pheras with Shubham

Ananya and Nikhil?s wedding set designed by Sharmistha Roy?s younger sister Samita, popularly called Piku, is a miniature version of the dance set we?ve seen in Devdas. Piku was given a brief of creating a floor that is larger than life. ?That?s when the set where Madhuri Dixit sings and dances to the Birju Maharaj number came to my mind. When I discussed it with the creative director, he was all for it,? informs Piku. Once the idea was okayed, Piku started hunting for fabrics and props. One particular fabric which she liked was short in supply but Piku refused to compromise. She stuck to the shade she wanted and after running all over Mumbai, she finally managed to procure 2000 metres of it. She got hold of the location just four days before the shoot at Film City and so the intricate motifs and designs on the much-talked about staircase were manually done. There are 24 stairs and on every stair, mirrors have been stuck decoratively. A gold orange colour scheme has been used to highlight the set which has cost around Rs 10 lakh. The wedding is being attended by all the popular stars appearing on Sony serials, including Aroona Irani, Kiran Kumar, Sachin Sharma, Manav Goyal and Apoorva Agnihotri-Shilpa Saklani. Shweta Keswani has performed to the popular item song ?Beedi jalaile...? from Omkara. Alpa-Shubham tie the knot
The Alpa-Shubham wedding in Bhabhi will be attended by the favourite jodi of Kumkum, Star?s numero uno noon show, Kumkum and Sumeet who will dance to the song ?Say shava shava...? The family members of Bhabhi and Kumkum will perform on a medley of ?Kajra re...?, ?Nach baliye...? and ?Chalte chalte...? among others. Viewers will also get a chance to win a dazzling lehenga choli outfit, that will be worn by Suhana (Rucha Gujarati) for the wedding, who pairs up with her devar Nehaal, and groove to ?Chand sifarish...?. The contest began on August 15 and will conclude on August 24 at 12.00 a.m. If you want to win the outfit, catch the one-hour special Shaadi Ke Rang, Bhabhi Ke Sang on August 17 at 1.30 pm.
Chandni-Aditya say ?I Do?
On India Calling, Chandni and Aditya?s wedding is preceded by a week-long celebration. Aired between August 14 -18, the week will showcase the thrill, exhilaration and jubilation as the couples exchange the wedding vows. The surprise package on the show would be Adi?s Chachi, Mrs Satwinder Singh from Canada who has especially flown down for the occasion. The character is essayed by Aruna Singhal, who is best remembered as Pooja Aunty from Hum Paanch.

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Vishu-Alpa of Bhabhi dating in real life

Puneet Sachdev and Pariva Pranati

We are dating... but our families don?t know it

Well, now they will! Puneet Sachdev and Pariva Pranati are in love

Sapana Patil Poojary

They are Indian television?s latest off-screen couple. Puneet Sachdev (Vishv of Bhabhi) and Pariva Pranati (Samyukta of Prithviraj Chauhan) have admitted their love for each other. While speculation was rife about the two, it was finally confirmed when they were spotted canoodling at a party on Monday night.

Puneet and Pariva met last year when they joined the cast of Star Plus?s afternoon serial Bhabhi after the generation leap. Although on-screen they play devar-bhabhi and jija-saali, they share a strong bond off-screen as well.

However, Puneet was not as forthcoming about his relationship as he was the other night with his PDA (public display of affection) towards Pariva. ?Everyone knows we are dating; people on the sets, the channel people and so on. We bonded during Bhabhi. And when things have to happen, they do,? said Puneet.

Pariva, on her part, was more vocal. ?I am sure you know what?s between us. But to tell you the truth, our families don?t know,? she said. ?The Bhabhi gang is like a family. All of us always hang out together. But Puneet and I developed a different chemistry altogether. It?s a fact that we like each other. And we?ve expressed that to each other.? Is marriage on the cards? ?I don?t know. We?ll wait for at least two years. Now we?d like to focus on our careers. I may have to shift to Baroda soon for the shooting of Prithviraj Chauhan. I don?t know when we?ll tell our parents. I believe, once we have reached this stage, anything beyond will happen gradually,? says Pariva.

(With inputs from Malay Desai)

Daily Dabba

Puneet Sachdev
Television actor

What?s in your dabba today?
Chicken sandwiches.

What do you love to see in your dabba?
Tandoori Chicken.

What do you cringe to see in your dabba?
Oily food.

Who packs your dabba?
I pack it myself.

http://www.mid-day.com/yourlife/2006/september/143838.htm

Puneet Sachdev aka Vishu injured

Puneet Sachdev a.k.a Vishv in the afternoon daily Bhabhi is on his toes, quite literally. The actor recently developed a swollen ankle after he sprained his leg during a fight sequence for the show. Sachdev says, ?I was rehearsing a fight sequence with Mohit Raina (who plays my brother Shubham). It required me to come from behind him and jump on him. After I leapt, I landed on a stone and slipped. Thereafter, my ankle swelled up. I could not walk. I had to be carried around by others.?

Despite spraining his ankle, Sachdev continued to shoot. He says, ?The location had already been booked and all the people required for the scene were there. Plus, there is always the problem of telecast. I want to  get an X-ray done but where is the time??

Puneet Sachdev

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;articleid=216200611332750216200611019250

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Shreya Ghosal sings 'Rang Mile' for Bhabhi
In its endeavor to entertain and delight its viewers Star Plus in a yet another unique way will now launch an exclusive music track 'Rang Mile' to promote the ongoing track of its afternoon soap 'Bhabhi'. Sung in the melodic voice of young & acclaimed playback singer hit titles– Jadu Hai Nasha Hai…, Bairi Piya…., Dheere Chalna…, Piya Bole Piu Bole…- Shreya Ghosal, this exclusive track will be premiere on the show, Feb 25th onwards and on Channel [V] on March 1st.

Penned by the applauded lyricist Manoj Muntashir - 'Rang Mile', is a 1minute 0-second track full of soulful music given by Anand Sharma. The song cut down in three 0 seconders each, will musically weave the life story of the lead character of the programme Suhana, as she goes through the emotional journey of love, despair and hope in her life, comparing it as shades or different colours or Rang of life.

Going forward through this musical track on the Holi special episode of March 15th, the story will also unveil a new & key character to the show -'Nihaal' played by Bhanujeet Sudan, as the brother-in-law of Suhana, who will come as a fresh breeze and ray of hope & love...giving a new lease to her life! So take on to this musical journey and stay tuned to Bhabhi, Mon-Thurs, at 1.0 p.m. only on Star Plus!
By Televisionpoint.com Team

http://www.televisionpoint.com/tvgrapevine/view.php?maintvpt =newsfullstory&id=1141304652

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Manish Goyal is jobless

The out-of-work actor walks out of yet another show, director Sunjoy Wadhwa is furious

Unemployed: Manish Goyal

Manish Goyal is going a through a very lean patch in his career. Goyal's career looked promising after Nach Baliye last year. However, he became so selective after it that he chose to take a sabbatical instead of doing regular television shows. It's been one year and the actor hasn't landed a single role.

At such a time, when Sunjoy Wadhwa's Paraya Dhan could resurrect Manish's career, rumour has it that the actor has walked out of it, much to the annoyance of the producer. "On Thursday evening before his pack-up, Manish informed the executive producer of the show that he would not be coming for the shoot from the next day onwards," says Wadhwa. Apparently the reason for their tussle is the billing in the show. "To begin with Manish didn't want to wait for a couple of hours while the others finished their shots. He wanted his shots taken first. There are 18 characters in the show, and I can only shoot with them one at a time. He was the highest paid actor in the show and I don't see why he should complain if we ask him to wait. He is getting his money, isn't he?" The producer says that dealing with the high-handed behaviour of actors is extremely difficult. "As a producer I do understand actors' problems but sometimes actors trouble us a lot. Manish's starry tantrums cost me a lot of money. I'll have to now look for a replacement. His ouster has also disrupted the schedule of my show," Sunjoy snaps.

Sunjoy Wadhwa

While Sunjoy is busy looking for a replacement, the actor is busy looking for a show that will change his fortune. Manish says, "Since, Sunjoy has accepted the fact that he made me wait for hours on the sets, I guess that explains everything," says Manish who admits never wanting to play a small role in the show. "First, they promised me that mine would be a well fleshed out character. Since it was a cameo they said that I'd be required to shoot for 10 days a month. But I realised that I wasn't shooting more than 4 or 5 days a month. It's a character that they will never develop. All this while, they have been taking me for granted. I've been waiting for my juniors for hours on the sets. But Thursday was the final nail in the coffin." Apparently, for a ten-minute scene Manish was made to wait for 7 hours. He says, "They treated me really badly. I've worked hard to reach here and I certainly don't deserve to be treated like dirt. I want money to run my house but you can't turn around and say that 'you're getting paid. So you better wait.' I want to make money by working and not twiddling my thumbs." Manish feels that his decision to quit the show was a wise one. "I'm sure everything happens for the best," he says.

Mannish walks out of Betiyaan; producer fumes!!!

Time and again Mannish Goel has made headlines, more often for the wrong reasons. And now he did what he does the best - Walk Out!!! The actor who is known for his outspoken nature opted out of Star One's Paraya Dhan-Betiyaan as he was asked to wait for a few hours while the others were shooting.

"I didn't ever expect this from Mannish"- Sunjoy Wadhwa, producer, Saat Phere

Sunjoy Wadhwa, producer, Sphere Origins is very disappointed with his behaviour. He throws light on what happened exactly, "We were shooting for a dance sequence, and Mannish was asked to wait for an hour or two which pissed him off. So much so that he took to throwing tantrums on the sets and said he won't report to work the next day. And that's what he did - he really didn't turn up!"

Adds Sunjoy, " We didn't make him wait for eternity, and he certainly gets paid the same amount, waiting or no waiting. Mannish is the highest paid actor on the sets of Betiyaan Paraya Dhan. When an artist does something of this sort, where does his level of commitment go? We are a team of 18 actors and it is very difficult for us to chalk out scenes to fit in all of them. Mannish always knew that he will have scenes on and off. Things could have been sorted out but he chose to part ways this way."

The Betiyaan family minus Mannish

No one can deny that Mannish had recieved a lot of appreciation for his intense character and rugged look in the show. So how does the producer intend to deal with the track now? "Our aim is to find a replacement now. We will try our level best to keep up to the audience's expectations. Mannish did a very good job, but probably we will find someone better than him," states Wadhwa.

Mannish was unavailable for comment.

This is not the first time Mannish has faced flak from his show or producer. Earlier he had a face off with Dolly Sohi while shooting of Star Plus' Bhabhi and no one can forget the showdown with Anuj Saxena (though the two tellywood men patched up on the latter's birthday). He has also been on a rejection spree where he has turned down quite some reputed shows like Kaajal, Viraasat, Pyar Ke Do Naam Ek Radha Ek Shyam.

Is Mannish still high on the Nach Baliye hangover? If that is so...he needs a wake up call!

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Kumkum cast to join Bhabhi for funfest!

Star Plus viewers are in for a new treat! The cast of the lunchtime topping shows Kumkum and Bhabhi are coming together once again to showcase a special event! However this time it is the Kumkum cast which has been invited on the sets of Bhabhi to be a part of their celebration! The episode will air on 17 August.

"I am waiting for the telecast of this special episode!"-Rucha Gujarati

Alpa, who plays Suhana's (Rucha Gujrathi) sister on the show (Bhabhi) is scheduled to get married to Shubham, Tilak's (Manish Goyal) illegitimate child in the special episode. The Kumkum cast has been invited for the wedding.

Rucha Gujarati is very excited and is waiting for the telecast. "I had a blast doing it. It was a complete change for me, as I got a chance to perform with the other actors," says the actor. The episode includes around seven to eight dance performances by the actors of both the serials

The highlight of the evening will be Juhi Parmar (who essays the character of Kumkum) who is believed to have performed on Kajra re and Fanaa. Says she: "We have had such events earlier, but this is the first time we went on the sets of Bhabhi, and it was a pleasant experience. I enjoyed dancing with my co-stars and also the Bhabhi cast."

Kumkum, Sumit and the new generation will be seen shaking a leg on this episode!

Hussain Kuwajerwala too had a good time on the sets of Bhabhi. He says, "As this was the first time we went on their sets, it was something different. I enjoyed every bit of it!"

Rajesh Chedha, the supervising producer Bag Films says there was no major input from his production house for this special episode. "In this crossover episode, in terms of creative inputs we didn't have much to do, as they were inviting our cast. We will telecast the normal episode, as we have to maintain the continuity. But in the end we will insertl a part where the cast talks about going for Alpa and Shubham's marriage," states Rajesh. He adds, "This in itself was a task, as we have our own freeze point!"

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/aug/9aug/news_bhabhi.php

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------

A one hour special episode
'Shaadi Ke Rang, Bhabhi Ke Sang'
Your chance to win a fabulous outfit worn by Suhana from Bhabhi

Mumbai, August 12, 2006: Bhabhi, the popular afternoon show on Star Plus is all up with josh and fervor to celebrate the much-awaited fairy-tale wedding of television as Suhana's sister Alpa weds Shubham on 17 August. To grace this special occasion will be some special guests and favourite jodis of television from the channel's other popular show Kumkum; Kumkum and Sumeet, with their daughter Aashka. Antraa and Dhruv, will join the family of Bhabhi as there will be lots nach-gana and shor machana!

But that's not all! The jodis from the Wadhwa Parivaar and the cute Bhabhi-Devar jodi will also shake a leg and groove to some happening bollywood numbers. Kumkum and Sumeet will dance to 'Say Shava Shava'(Kabhi Khushi , Kabhi Gham), all the members of Kumkum and Bhabhi family will perform to a medley of bollywood dance numbers such as Kajra Re and Nach Baliye (Bunty Aur Babli), Mere Haath Mein (Fanaa), Le Gayi Le Gayi and Koi Ladki hai Jab Who Gaati hai (Dil To Pagal Hai) and Chalte Chalte (Mohabatein). A jig which is a must watch…

What more? Well, to get the viewers involved, in this exuberant wedding celebrations too, Star Plus further adds to the excitement by giving them an exclusive chance to win a dazzling Lehenga Choli outfit, that will be worn by the petite, suave and smoldering Suhana (Rucha Gujarati) for the wedding, who will pair up with her beloved devar Nehaal, to groove to the cadence of Chand Sifarish.

To participate in this contest all you have to do is SMS - 'Bhabhi' to 7827. Viewers can also call either using a BSNL Mobile No. /MTNL No. All that the BSNL subscribers have to do is dial 1278276 and say 'Bhabhi' and for the MTNL subscribers it's 1255578 and say 'Bhabhi'. To know more about the rules and regulations you can log onto www.star7827.com. The Contest begins on 15 August at 3.30 am and concludes on 24t August at 12.00 am.

So tune in to Star Plus and watch the exclusive one hour special - 'Shaadi Ke Rang, Bahbhi Ke Sang', on Thursday, 17 August from 1.30 pm to 2.30 pm and join Suhana together with 'Kumkum' family in the wedding celebrations of Alpa and Shubham.

And who knows you might just be the lucky winner, who gets to add a dazzling brand new outfit in your wardrobe!

http://www.indiantelevision.com/release/y2k6/aug/augrel36.ht m

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------

Chance to win a fabulous outfit worn by Suhana from Bhabhi

< =text/>

b

Vashi2Panvel.Com: Navi Mumbai: August 14: A One Hour Special Episode of 'Shaadi Ke Rang, Bhabhi Ke Sang' will be aired on Thurs, August 17, 1.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.on STAR PLUS! You stand a chance to win a fabulous outfit worn by Suhana from Bhabhi. Bhabhi, the popular afternoon show on STAR PLUS is all up with josh & fervor to celebrate the much-awaited fairy-tale wedding of television as Suhana's sister Alpa weds Shubham on 17th August. To grace this special occasion will be some special guests and favourite jodis of television from the channel's another popular show Kumkum; Kumkum & Sumeet, with their daughter Aashka and Antraa & Dhruv, will join the family of Bhabhi as there will be lots nach-gana and shor machana!

But that's not all! The Jodis from the Wadhwa Parivaar and the cute Bhabhi–Devar jodi will also shake a leg and groove to some happening bollywood numbers. Kumkum & Sumeet will dance on the song 'Say Shava Shava'(Kabhi Khushi , Kabhi Gham), all the members of Kumkum & Bhabhi family will perform on a medley of bollywood dance numbers.

What more? Well, to get the viewers involved, in this exuberant wedding celebrations too, STAR PLUS further adds to the excitement by giving them an exclusive chance to win a dazzling Lehenga Choli outfit, that will be worn by the petite, suave and smoldering Suhana (Rucha Gujarati) for the wedding, who will pair up with her beloved devar Nehaal, to groove to the cadence of Chand Sifarish.

To participate in this contest all you have to do is SMS - 'Bhabhi' to 7827. Viewers can also call either using a BSNL Mobile No. /MTNL No. All that the BSNL subscribers have to do is dial 1278276 and say 'Bhabhi' & for the MTNL subscribers it's 1255578 and say 'Bhabhi'. To know more about the rules & regulations you can log onto www.star7827.com. The Contest begins on 15th August at 3.30 a.m. and concludes on 24th August at 12.00 a.m.

http://www.vashi2panvel.com/Navi-Mumbai-News/item/1462/catid /27

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Entertainment : Indian TV heroines on Women's Day

New Delhi (IANS): On the small screen they may voice traditional values, but off screen the reigning ladies of Indian TV soaps are urban women with a mind of their own.

Here's what they told IANS on what they think about Women's Day - a day that marks the achievements of women in every walk of life:

Smriti Malhotra Irani (Tulsi in "Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi"): I believe we should celebrate every woman who is educated and financially liberated. Be it a working woman or a housewife, every day is a challenge for them and they are so busy looking after their kids, husbands and in-laws that they rarely take time off for themselves.

It would be nice if they celebrated this day that is meant exclusively for women. On this day I am be delivering a lecture on Women's Empowerment in Delhi. I get inspiration from my mother and books like "Little Women".

Shilpa Saklani (Ganga of "Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi"): I believe that women could and should celebrate Women's Day everyday.

I would like to spend this day with someone who recognises and honours me as a woman and it has to be my husband because he aaccepts me just the way I am. My idol woman would be my mother and my mother-in-law.

Mona Wasu (Miilee in "Miilee"): I don't believe in such days. I think the whole concept of liberation of women is misinterpreted. There is no such day as Men's Day, is there?

I think that we should all celebrate Human's Day first. I guess that there are many issues that we as human beings face that need to be tackled.

Mrinal Kulkarni (Sonpari of "Sonpari"): One does not need a day like this to celebrate womanhood, but I feel that womanhood should be marked everyday by letting men know our worth. A woman is worth her capabilities and can do everything and anything under the sun.

Men are aware of what woman power is. My advice to women is that they should be more focused when making personal choices. There is a lot more to do apart from marriage. Also, try not to be a super woman. Just be and act the way you are.

I have no ideal woman because each person is unique and there is always something new to learn from different people.

Juhi Parmar (Kumkum from "Kumkum"): I feel women are no longer backward like before. I am proud of the fact that women are progressing in different walks of life. Be it the entertainment world or the corporate world, women are dominating every area, sometimes even holding higher posts than men.

I don't want to sound clichUbut the woman that I admire and draw inspiration from is Mother Teresa. She worked selflessly for the poor and downtrodden in spite of being an outsider.

Rucha Gujarati (Suhana from "Bhabhi"): Women's day is something very special and makes me want to work even harder. It gives me the energy and zest to keep going and be a mentor for many aspiring women in India.

I am celebrating this day by making a promise to myself that each time I stand in front of the mirror I will see a person I can look up to. I will pamper myself with some chocolates and a good dinner with my loved ones.

I don't think that any single woman could be an idol to me because it limits my thought process. I wish I had the wisdom of Mother Teresa, the power of Indira Gandhi, the strength of Jhansi Ki Rani and the
beauty of my mother.

By Arpana

http://www.teluguportal.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid =236

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------

Meet Kumkum's khaas mehmaan
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   November 29, 2005

Noon-time crossover:
Neha Devi Singh, Juhi Parmar
and Dolly Sohi in Kumkum
In a crossover of characters from different soaps, Star Plus's afternoon drama, Kumkum — Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan, will have the main protagonist, Kumkum (Juhi Parmar), hosting a bash in which Rudr (Nikhil Arya) and Kesar (Nandini Singh) from Kesar, Arjun (Karan Grover) and Bhoomika (Neha Devi Singh) from Saarthi; and Saroj (Dolly Sohi), Tilak (Manish Goyal), Suhana (Rucha Gujarati) and Vishwa (Puneet Sachdev) from Bhabhi, will be the star guests.

This one-hour special episode will air at 1 pm on Thursday, December 1.

Sumeet's multi-crore deal

"There's a highpoint unfolding in Kumkum," says producer Anuradha Prasad, of BAG Films. "The bash is to celebrate Kumkum's hubby, Sumeet (Hussain), striking a mega business deal worth Rs 5,000 crore. All these characters from the other shows are invited to the Waddhwa house to celebrate his success," she adds.

Song and dance

The screen couples are also expected to regale the audience with songs and dances. Rudr and Kesar will perform to the Ban Than Chali Re track (from the film Kurukshetra), while Arjun, Bhoomi, Saroj and Tilak (his Nach Baliye experience should definitely help his team!) dance to a medley of popular Bollywood chartbusters.

Jeeyo jee bhar ke: Hussain and Juhi

Pehla pati

The turning point in the Kumkum drama will be the entry of Karan Kapoor (Anuj Saxena) at the bash. "Sumeet has struck a deal with Karan for this venture. This deal is extremely important, as for Sumeet, it is the fulfillment of his late brother, Jatin's, dreams," informs Prasad about the drama that will unfold.

However, Sumeet and Kumkum are unaware that Karan is Jatin's lookalike. The episode ends with Karan and Kumkum coming face-to face for the first time. Kumkum's joy is short-lived — Jatin was her first husband!

Yet another fresh dilemma for Kumkum has just begun. Incidentally, Saxena earlier played the role of Jatin in the show.

[email protected]

Did you know?

The abbreviation BAG in Anuradha Prasad's BAG Films banner stands for Bhagwan, Allah, God

http://www.chalomumbai.com/hitlist/2005/november/124585.htm