Bhabhi Related Articles-NO COMMENTS

Posted: 17 years ago
Rebel with a cause
Nihaal in Bhabi: Making a differenceKoneenica Banerjee: Search for self-worthA poster of Hanuman: Monkey might

n Controversy has seldom been far from Taslima Nasreen ? be it her books, or her fiery personality. No wonder bold images flash across the screen when a work of hers is adapted into a film. The bare back of a woman heralds Jhumur, based on a story that Taslima has penned specially for this TV series.

Jhumur revolves around a simple girl from a middle-class background (Koneenica Banerjee) who gets married to Shilajit (Pijush Ganguly), hailing from a conservative family. Though initially charmed by Jhumur?s liveliness, Shilajit soon feels she should change her attitude and be ?a little more sober? after marriage. Jhumur starts adjusting to the new set-up and the new norms, but a rebel takes birth inside her. Despite having a caring and doting husband, she feels suffocated and the seeds of rebellion within just refuse to die down.

The tale of Jhumur scripting her own story to freedom and finding her self-worth will be aired on the Tatka Galpe Akta Mash slot on Aakaash Bangla, May 1 onwards. Jhumur, the month-long series is slated for 8 pm, Monday to Saturday.

Directed by Sushanta Bose, the telefilm also features Pallab Kirtania, Anamika Saha, Bodhisatwa Majumdar and Tulika Basu.

n As far as women go, Nihaal is the perfect man one would want to have as a friend. The 25-year-old NRI entrepreneur, who comes to India looking for a bride, is the new face in the STAR Plus soap Bhabi.

Despite being raised in far-off Canada for 17 years, Nihaal (played by Sudan Bhanujeet) still retains a lot of Indian values. And so he wants an arranged marriage with an Indian girl. Having set up his own eatery-cum-hotel in Toronto, Nihaal comes to India with mother Guddo. At his naani?s house in Delhi, the young man gets a taste of the Punjabi joint family. That?s also where he meets his bhabi (sister-in-law) Suhana.

The two become good friends before long and Nihaal asks Suhana to help him in his search for the perfect girl. But while the family has no knowledge of Suhana?s disastrous marriage to Vishwa, Nihaal is perceptive enough to see through. Almost taking on a mentor and a best friend?s role, he encourages Suhana to fight against the odds.

Catch Nihaal injecting a fresh lease of life into Suhana in Bhabi on STAR Plus at 1.30 pm, Monday to Thursday.

n Hanuman, the animation film from Bollywood that fetched a record Rs 8 crore in the first four weeks after its release last year, is slated for a TV premiere on SaharaOne Television this weekend. Cashing in on the summer holidays, the channel has also launched a contest to give its child viewers a chance to win a trip to Sri Lanka. Hanuman will be aired on Sunday, April 30, at 7.30 pm.

Hanuman Dekho? Lanka Jao, the contest, asks kids to answer questions shown during the film. Correct answers will fetch 10 lucky families a fully paid trip to Sri Lanka. Contest posters will be displayed at 1,000 DVD parlours and 5,000 Camlin-branded stores across the country.

Produced by Percept Pictures Company, the film narrates how Hanuman, having been born to a female apsara and Vayu the god of wind, was blessed with supreme intelligence, strength and divine powers. Starting with Hanuman as a child playing pranks on saints living in the forests, the film takes us through his travails ? from being blessed with immortality to helping Ram defeat Ravana.

n Who says Bengalis don?t have the brains for business? Partha Ghosh, a city boy, is going great guns on Zee TV?s Business Baazigar, having broken into the top 12 of the reality show that drew two lakh entries from across the country. So are a few others with a strong Bong connection.

And with a change in format in the show announced in Calcutta on Wednesday, it seems all of them can at least come home as Mini Baazigars. ?Initially, one person was to have had his business idea funded by Zee Network. But now the remaining 19 will be given a second chance to present their case to a jury comprising Zee group chairman Subhas Chandra, Passionfunds chairman Mahesh Murthy and Prof Anil Gupta of IIM Ahmedabad,? said Ashish Kaul, senior vice-president, corporate communications.

The show, which airs every Friday on Zee TV at 8 pm, tests the survival instincts of contestants. Those who got over the first hurdle of managing a real-life Indian wedding were hurled into this round where they had to thrive a day in Mumbai on a bottle of water, a packet of glucose and a rupee. ?I will always preserve this coin,? says Ghosh, recalling how after being refused at a number of doors he and his partner (an Asansol girl) managed to get a day?s job in Leopold CafIn his opinion, the best idea was of Park Circus boy Ali, now settled in Mumbai, who arranged for a foreigner to buy a laptop from a shop and ended up pocketing cuts from both sides.

The contest sticks to strict ethical standards. In the survival test episode, a team was collecting ?entry fee? with promises of a prize days later. They were hauled up by the judges and disqualified.

Edited by Vandu4ever - 17 years ago
redefined; comfort meets style
Tribune News Service Chandigarh, April 12
It is nice to see fashion feeding on change "lest one good trend corrupts the world". The Wills Spring Summer Collection 2002 draws inspiration from the element of change. The collection, unveiled at an audio-visual show on the sprawling lawns of the Chandigarh Golf Range here today, symbolised attitude in plenty. The spirit of the evening remained high, with the stylish showcasing of the latest fashion trends. Donning the collection that was introduced in three segments — work, party and leisure — were top models of the world of glamour like Dipanita Sharma, Jessie Kaur, Joey Matthews, Poonam Nath, Aparna Kumar, Reshma Bombaywalla, Jas Arora, Tarun Raghavan (of 'Hubahu' fame), Tarun Arora, Rajat Raina and Bhanujeet Sudan. Sequences of the show had been beautifully interconnected, which made it more than just another ramp show. The fashion sequences were created by Anurag Gupta on Indian locations and Bharat Sikka on foreign locations. To add it were live performance by singer Manasi Scott, who rose to fame after she doing a Hemant Trivedi show. Presenting one hit Western number after another, the zesty girl carried the crowd through the presentation. The element of work collection for the season was shown to be stretch. With its unusual blends, two-tone colours and new fabric washes, the collection was a rage with the audience. Men's shirts have been redefined with unique wrinkle-free Nisshinbo cotton, soft-cotton filafi shirts. Trousers are made of cotton nylon spandex for extra stretch. Urban safari was the theme of the leisure collection. Combining the rugged with the urbane sophisticated look, the collection laid stress on comfort, style and fun. The party collection was revealed in a whole new range of denims and fully fashioned tees. The traditional denim gets a fresh look in the new collection, as it comes in the form of crosshatch and lenim, a rare blend of Irish linen and denim. Fully fashioned tees have come in cool summer blends, beautiful crystals, and unusual ribbed patterns. With an exquisite drape and lavish feel, these make the T-shirt a fashion statement. Men have a whole range to choose from — superbly fitted blended shirts with rayon-cotton-lycra or stretch part shirts, that can be combined with elegant wrinkle-free linen club pants or stretch evening pants.

The show was about the product image and superb accessorising that made a complete fashion statement.

Bossing around with colours
The fashion show to coincide with the opening of the Hugo Boss store was fun in a wickedly subversive way

BURNING UP The presentation featured a mix of the semi-formal and the decidedly casual Photo: Murali Kumar K.
It was as weird as it could get. A fashion show — ummm... not a show, a presentation. Well, whatever. Under the blazing sun with the lean, mean, fighting machines (okay, okay, they were not exactly that), gamely trotting up and down the garden path (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) and twirling around obediently to the dictates of the shutterbugs. The choreographer could take a long walk; for, in our delightfully wired lives, it is the pixels that matter. The occasion was the formal launch of the fourth Hugo Boss store in the subcontinent. Praise the Lord that while IT majors and others decide the infrastructure sucks big time, there are franchises willing help separate Bangaloreans and their money. The store has been opened at The Leela Palace. So if you are stuck forever on Airport Road while important persons are whizzing past, you could pop into the store and shop for those needful things with price tags that look like the date has been added in. Models Adam Bedi, Vijay Balhara, Acquin Pais, Bhanujeet Singh Sudan and Anshai Lal showcased two lines for Spring/Summer 2006 — Black and Orange. The clothes looked like they had stepped off the screen of Brian De Palma's magnificent car wreck of a movie, Scarface. Looked like the kind of stuff Tony Montana would have worn as he got into action with that electric saw. The themes were appropriately called Miami Chic, with its laidback chic tone in black and white and Havana Heat with fitted trousers in linen and cotton silk knitwear in distinct colour combinations like olive green and yellow and rust brown with orange. The trench coat, the supposed the star of the show, was a bit much. The Orange line was fun. Aimed for a younger demographic, it featured jeans, shirts, cutaways, distressed fabrics in vintage styles. The sequences were suitably evocative — Dune reminiscent of North African deserts, Rock the Casbah, suggestive of a rockstar, and Handcrafted for the purists. While accessories such as shoes and belts were showcased, it was strange that eyewear that would have looked so hip in the scorching sun was mysteriously absent.

All in all it was a strange show but not strange enough to be fun in a wickedly subversive way.

Obviously, he is on his way to his goal.

No inhibitions, please
Former ramp hottie Inder Mohan Sudan?s brother Bhanujeet (seen with co-star Nimrat Kaur) will make his acting debut in Kumar Sanu?s Indipop video Tera Mera Pyar. Though Inder flaunted it all in ads for Kama Sutra and photo shoots for Atul Kasbekar, kid brother is keeping his clothes on for the moment. But Bhanujeet is looking for a Bollywood break and the mantra there is ?the less, the better?. Check out Emraan Hashmi competing with Mallika Sherawat on who wears fewer clothes in Murder, or the Salman Khan-Akshay Kumar loincloth number in Mujhse Shaadi Karoge. Take a (fig) leaf out of big bro?s career, boy.

Bhanujeet's profile:

Height: 6' (182 cm)
Weight: 145 lbs (66 kg)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Member ID: bhanujeet
Category(s): Model / actor

TV has enough scope for creativity: Bhanujeet
Sudipto Chattopadhyay
Thursday, May 04, 2006  19:50 IST

As Nihal in 'Bhabhi', model-turned- actor Bhanujeet Sudan is enjoying his tryst with the tube.

Tell us about your early years.
I was born in Kolkata, but stayed there for a brief period. My father was in the Indian Army. So we had to travel across the country. I completed my graduation and then acquired a degree in software engineering.

When did you switch to modelling?
I started modelling when I was 19. Since then I have walked the ramp for designers Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra and Ritu Beri. I have done a couple of print ads too.

How did the serial 'Bhabhi' come your way?
I had earlier shot a pilot episode for a UTV production. But, unfortunately the serial got shelved. Then the production house offered me the role of Nihaal, (protagonist Suhana's brother-in-law     '). I am lucky to have got this role.

What are your other interests?
I love speed and biking. My dream machine is a Suzuki Hyabusa. I also like outdoor sports including skating, go-karting and swimming. Reading books on philosophy also  interests me.

Are you interested in doing films?
Definitely!But TV offers you equal, if not more scope for creativity. It's much better to begin here rather than wait endlessly for a break in films.

Playing Boss

After making shoppers in Delhi and Mumbai swoon at their chic designs (and price tags), German fashion label Hugo Boss opened shop in Bangalore at the Leela Palace hotel this week with a high-profile fashion show. Located at the Leela Galleria, a floor-space dedicated to brands that spell LUXURY, the Hugo Boss outlet promises to give shopping-crazy Bangalore, with its well-heeled geek class and expat crowd, one more reason to reach for their credit cards.

Breaking away from the usual practice of glitzy fashion shows in stuffy hotel ballrooms, Hugo Boss decided to hold its fashion show in an open pavilion at the Leela, with lush greenery and gothic columns as a backdrop. Admittedly, the late afternoon sun did its best to dampen things a bit, but models Acquin Pais, Vijay Balhara, Adam Bedi, Bhanujeet Sudan and Anshai Lal refused to be daunted as they strutted their stuff in front of an appreciative (mostly) female audience.

The clothes ranged from street funk to classy evening wear-with-a-twist. Under its Boss Orange label, the brand has gone sporty with a vengeance, with violently distressed jeans, shirts, tees, bags and sneakers. The crushed, much-worn look is the USP of this line, with printed shirts teamed with lightweight suede and corduroy jackets and scruffy low-waist jeans with retro-styled shirts in muted colours and pleats and ruffles down the front. The washed-out look was consistent with the colour scheme as well, which was marked by an absence of colours.

The eveningwear line, Boss Black, features stylish jackets. Shiny, apparently, is in, as is a casual twist to take away from the severity of eveningwear for men. So even while ties showed up, the designs played around with collars. Chinese collars showed up, as did the tiny collars that are all the rage in men's shirts these days.

After the show, the models, instead of discreetly retiring behind the screens, lounged around and nibbled on delectable smoked salmon wraps and mushroom pat?s. The already gratified ladies were even more pleased at the praise they heaped on Bangalore ? the heat, it seems, was nothing compared to Mumbai's, while Vijay Balhara certainly made history by claiming Bangalore's traffic looked 'quite manageable'. As for the clothes, "I wouldn't mind spending a lot of money on these kind of clothes," the curly-haired, boyishly good-looking Acquin Pais was heard saying while T N Pratap, group CEO of Bin Hendi Enterprise that brings the Hugo Boss label to India nodded encouragement.

A worthy cause

What do you do when your pupil refuses to pay attention in class? How do you get your bored young learner to memorise his multiplication tables? The answers to all these queries are put down in a simple way by author Bela Raja in her book titled Children with learning difficulties ? A guide to parents and teachers published by Vakil Publications. The launch of this book at the Crossword bookstore in Mumbai attracted much media attention especially since it was none other than actor Suniel Shetty who did the honours.

A counsellor by profession, Bela has organised workshops in the past explaining the ways in which you can improve the teaching of children with learning difficulties. The book, which is born out of her past experiences, explains in a lucid style the ways in which such problems can be handled by teachers.

And while reading out excerpts from her book, Raja even mentioned that if the problem is not handled with care, it may lead to psychological trauma, which could further lead to behavioral disorders in children.

Besides Suniel Shetty adding some star attraction, architect Hafeez Contractor also showed up to support the cause. Contractor even admitted that when he was a child, he faced difficulties in learning and memorising.

TV has enough scope for creativity:  
Sudipto Chattopadhyay

Thursday, May 04, 2006  19:50 IST

As Nihal in 'Bhabhi', model-turned- actor Bhanujeet Sudan is enjoying his tryst with the tube.

Tell us about your early years.
I was born in Kolkata, but stayed there for a brief period. My father was in the Indian Army. So we had to travel across the country. I completed my graduation and then acquired a degree in software engineering.

When did you switch to modelling?
I started modelling when I was 19. Since then I have walked the ramp for designers Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra and Ritu Beri. I have done a couple of print ads too.

How did the serial 'Bhabhi' come your way?
I had earlier shot a pilot episode for a UTV production. But, unfortunately the serial got shelved. Then the production house offered me the role of Nihaal, (protagonist Suhana's brother-in-law     ').  I am lucky to have got this role.What are your other interests?
I love speed and biking. My dream machine is a Suzuki Hyabusa. I also like outdoor sports including skating, go-karting and swimming. Reading books on philosophy also  interests me.

Are you interested in doing films?
Definitely!But TV offers you equal, if not more scope for creativity. It's much better to begin here rather than wait endlessly for a break in films.

Is Mannish rubbing people the wrong way?

Recently actor Mannish Goel was in news for his patch up with Anuj Saxena. But then we wonder why he made those snide and glaring remarks about Aman Yatan Verma and Rohit Roy in the August issue of a television glossy.

His comments read somewhat like this, "I don't want to do character roles like Aman (Verma) and Rohit (Roy).I don't want to be in a position where I leave television and end up doing five minute roles in films." Now, we're sure this must have obviously irked the handsome Roy brother and the actor-anchor Aman.

When contacted, Rohit had this to say, " Mannish called up and offered a self-explanation that the magazine had misrepresented his quotes. Giving him the benefit of doubt, I have forgotten the incident. I have never done just five-minute roles. I have worked in prestigious projects like Plan and LOC. If he feels that he should not do my kind of roles (for esteemed producers like Sanjay Gupta and J.P.Dutta) then I wish him all the best. May he get the kind of films he wants to do."

Aman Verma appears practical when he expounds, "Yes, I may be doing four minute roles in films but even to get that for a television actor is no small feat. It's an achievement in itself to convince film producers." According to him producers look upon TV stars as having busy and hectic schedules and are therefore reluctant to offer them a role in their films. It's difficult to convince a film director for a full-fledged role despite which he has been signed on by Ravi Chopra for Babul and Saajid Nadiadwala for Jaaneman with Akshay, Salman and Preity Zinta.

As for Goel's remarks, "I have not read the piece yet. But Mannish is an intelligent person so the next time I meet him, I shall ask him to advise me on how I should work out my career," chuckles Aman in grave mockery, adding, "He is just seeing fame (after Nach Baliye) and it is easy to get carried away. Even I have made these mistakes in the past by rubbing people the wrong way but now I have realized that it does not pay." We hope Mannish takes a leaf from Verma's experiences and grows up!

celebrate ganeshotsav with our tellystars

click on the link to see more

http://tellychakkar.com/y2k6/aug/30aug/slideshow_ganesh.php

Rucha Gujrati To Take Over In 'Bhabhi'

Rucha Gujrati, who shot to fame as the vengeful half-sister in TV serial "Kkusum", will now play the lead in STAR Plus' popular afternoon soap "Bhabhi".

She will take over from the main protagonist Saroj played by Dolly Sohi.

"This was a generation leap. Bhabhi (Saroj) has taken sanyas and is going to find herself. She tells me to take over her values and her ethics. She also asks me to take care of the family and keep it intact."

"Too much of drama is going to happen," Rucha told IANS.

"Bhabhi", which has been running for more than two years on the channel, revolved around Saroj, a girl who finds her life changing drastically after marriage.

Now Rucha will defy the beaten path and bring freshness to the serial.

"I am not going to play a typical bhabhi (sister-in-law). I will play a modern girl who goes to office, looks after the business and also takes care of her family."

She was seen as Kali, Kumud's shrewd and scheming half-sister, in Ekta Kapoor's soap "Kkusum". It was a negative character but she enjoyed playing it.

"I like both kind of roles because I get to portray different shades. But 'Bhabhi' is a difficult and challenging role for me. It is too much of a responsibility for me, as I have never played the key role.

"Viewers are also going to find it difficult to accept me as bhabhi for the next few months. But I have taken it as a challenge."

Rucha is doing only "Bhabhi" at the moment.

She says: "It's a 12-hour job for me as the story is going to revolve around me. So I am just concentrating on this only."

Asked her whether she is interested in films, she replies: "There are many plans for the silver screen - I got a few offers but I couldn't do it because I was stuck with 'Kkusum' then. Now, waiting for the right kind of role."

Not new to the arc lights, Rucha started her career as a child artiste and appeared in films like "Dancer", "Hum Hain Kamal Ke" and "Kanyadaan". She has also modelled for advertisements.

"I did a couple of moves as a child artiste. I also did a serial and then took a break to complete my studies," she says.

-IANS

http://www.india4u.com/india4unews/newsview.asp?ID=4425

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------

I am very concerned about my sex appeal"

Young, pretty, bubbly and talented….that's what best describes Rucha Gujarati, who shot fame by playing Kali in Kkusum on Sony. And now for more than a year, she has been entertaining the telly audience with her melodramatic performance on Star Plus' noon show, Bhabhi.

Prashant Golecha meets up with this natty damsel and discovers that this on-screen bahu can easily pass off as a teenager. Also that she's has not the first choice for the role of Kali! Read on to find more….

"I can be very short tempered at times"

Me myself
I am an extrovert, transparent and a blunt person. Honesty and modesty is what I believe in. My negative trait - I can be very short tempered at times.

My family
My dad's a pathologist and my mom, a homemaker. I have two younger sisters, Prachi and Esha, who are inclined towards science.

My first show, Kkusum
A co-coordinator suggested that I audition for the role of Yuvika in Kahiin Kissi Roz. I was not inclined towards television then, yet I did give it a try. They short listed me, but for a role on Kkusum. And let me tell you, it was not for Kali but for some other character. Aashka Goradia was initially supposed to do my role. But later they felt that I resembled Poonam Narula in some way. So, Ekta swapped our roles. It was my first show, my first love. It was a mind-blowing role with shades of grey, which was quite challenging. I worked in Kkusum for nearly two years and though there were little misunderstandings on the sets, it was a pleasant and memorable experience.

"My cat fight with Aashka was a media hype"

My so-called cold war with Aashka
Our cat fight during the Kkusum days was a media hype. We simply laughed it off and enjoyed the free publicity we were getting. In fact, Aaskha and me are friends and are still in touch. Just few days back, she gave me a buzz.

My current serial, Bhabhi
I joined UTV's Bhabhi a year back and since the last six months, I have taken over the title role. I'm enjoying working for this daily. You won't believe, I wore a saree for the first time in this show. Off-screen you'll never find me draped in one. The adulation I am receiving is amazing. Some time back, when I was in Goa, a few people recognized me and started calling me bhabhi. It gives me a high as it reflects the success of the character.

Balaji vs UTV
Both these production houses have pampered me. Yes, there was a little misunderstanding when with Balaji I left Kkusum for Bhabhi, but things have been solved amicably. Ekta does invite me for parties. I am open to offers from Balaji or any other production house. But I would prefer a weekly as I am already doing a daily.

My love life
I am very much single. But I have a fair idea of what I desire of my dream man. He should be intelligent, tall and dark. I don't like fair man. He should also keep me in splits all the time. And very important; I should be able to trust him totally and vice versa.

"I am very much single"

My stress buster
I catch up on movies. The latest film I saw was Omkara, and I loved it. I also like spending time with my family at home.

My food habits
I am a Gujarati, but I do eat chicken. But non-veg is not allowed at home as mother is very strict.

My passions
It has to be dancing (she has learnt Bharat Natyam), clothes and my hair! I am very concerned about my sex appeal

My future plans
Films are what I'm aiming for, once Bhabhi is over. 920 episodes have already been telecast, and it will surely cross 1000 episodes soon. From what I've heard, Bhabhi has got an extension of 200 episodes. So let's see.

Hi every one.this is my first post in this forum.