Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
Pariva opts out of Prithviraj Chauhan

Pariva Pranati who was to be seen in Star Plus' Prithviraj Chauhan playing the love interest of Angad Bedi, has opted out of the show. The actor and the production house have mutually agreed on the actor's exit early this month.

Pariva, who's currently playing the character of Alpa in Star's Bhabhi decided to leave the show even before joining in; as she was not in favour of shooting in Baroda. "Yes, initially I had taken it up knowing that we will be shooting in Baroda, but now that I have an important track going on in Bhabhi, so I won't be able to travel to Baroda," says Pariva.

Amrit Sagar of Sagar Arts asserts, "Yes, Pariva has opted out and there were no issues as such. Her character is going to take a long time to be on air. We are finding her replacement now."

Pariva has also signed on a new show for Star One, Saptapadi produced by Sphere Origin. She is very excited about her new show and is looking foward to it.

The actor is also very happy about the way Bhabhi is shaping up. "Things are very interesting on the show now. I have got married to Shubham and now we are in search of Vishu. It's shaping up very well."

With Pariva bidding a good bye to the show, lets see who is being roped in to play the historic character.

Watch more for this space!

Vandu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Dumping ground

The two times that you wanted to dump him / her

Rucha Gujrati:
In the beginning, the relationship was very exciting. The initial 3-4 years were the wonder days. I was very serious and so was he. But slowly we realised that our acceptance level is declining. We could no more relish certain things about each other, we couldn't compromise any more and hence neither of us was happy. Our relationship had become monotonous.
The first time I wanted to dump him was when I started believing that there could be no more adjustments between us. But the very thought of leaving him was very saddening. In all those years, I had become habitual to his presence in my life. Then I thought that let's give the relationship a new turn. But things went from bad to worse and when the small fights went out of control I thought that it was impossible to live together. Then we mutually decided to part. But I can't tell how much this hurt me. Even today there is a part of my heart that lives that relationship.

Jaya Bhattacharya:
I think this happens in every four days or so. There are many such incidences when we fight a lot. But yes, once when I brought a few more pets to our house he told me that I can't bring more pets in the house. I said that if he can't keep my pets in the house then I will go out along with them. I am passionate about pets and many stray dogs have lived like family members with me. Besides this, money matters have caused many fights that lead to such thoughts. I am very careless when it comes to keeping a track of my finances. I can't even give an account of 200 rupees and he often questions my inability to track my finance. This angers me that how dare he ask me for an account of expenses and I think that I don't want to live together anymore.

Akashdeep Sehgal:
Not just 2 times but it happens many times when your anger reaches to a point when you think of nothing else but to walk out of a relationship. Though I am not in a relationship since past 2 years but when I look back at the relationships I have been in the past, I think there are times when you are very angry and don't want to hurt yourself more. You feel like leaving your partner then. And it is not necessary that something big has to happen to get hurt or angry... even small things may spark your anger and hurt you. There were times when she would not behave as I would expect her to, times when I would want to stay awake and she would want to sleep or even times when I wanted to spend some time with her but she would be too busy.

Deepshikha:
I think such a situation arises when you get over possessive and keep blaming each other for things that don't go right. This happens when we tend to pass the responsibilities to our partner. A relationship becomes suffocating because of over possessiveness and relationships go sour because of blaming each other. In such situations, if you can still go on with your partner then it's fine otherwise what is the point in spoiling a relationship? If not a life partner, you can at least remain good friends. And this can happen when a relationship has not ended bitterly.

Vandu4ever thumbnail
Bollywood Dreams

Models at the fashion theatre
Models at the fashion theatre ?Bollywood Dreams?.
The invite, designed to resemble a movie ticket was perhaps to draw attention to what seemed otherwise just another show. Recreating the magic of Bollywood is as old as the Bollywood itself. Remember the Lakme India Fashion Week, where they paid tribute to Bollywood and the numerous stages, where they shout themselves hoarse over the legendary Bollywood. The Capital played host to yet another tribute, this one by a few models dressed as movie stars. Claimed to be a fashion theatre, ?Bollywood Dreams? was choreographed by Shyamlee Kalra and her team Production House. ?We have been inspired by Bollywood and have tried to recreate the magic of evergreen Hindi characteristics,? claimed Shyamlee. Wonder how Helen took to a Lada Singh playing her or whether Hrithik Roshan can smile to a Bhanujeet Sudan playing him.

The show was presented by Shibani Kashyap, who made no attempt to sing and was attended by Ajay Jadeja, Aparna Sharma, Siddarath Tytler.

Vandu4ever thumbnail
Life as a film set!
A music album that follows a story line through its songs is a concept that has not been tried before

WE HAVE heard quite a few songs ? both film and pop ? mostly about love and separation that seem to have a story concealed in them. But an entire album where the storyline flows from one track to the other seems to be indeed a concept never tried before. Except for an album released by the Rajshri group that featured a song called "Chuimui Si Tum Lagti Ho" (remember the video where the keychain teddy bear stole the show?), one really cannot recall any other album that has tried something like that. Novel idea Last week saw the release of the album, Tera Mera Pyar (Sony Music, Cassette, Rs. 55), which tells the story of a guy and a girl, who meet at a movie hall and fall instantly in love (sounds familiar?). "Come fall in love... at the movies" (Duh!) is the catchline of the album. The music ranges between mush and dance numbers, but it is the wide spectrum of vocalists ranging from Shreya Goshal to Sunidhi Chauhan to Alka Yagnik (yeah, there are guys too, Babul Suprio, Kumar Sanu, and more). But what catches your eye is the packaging of the entire product, starting with an inlay cover that resembles a Hindi movie poster complete with a "U" certificate and "filmi" style credits. And the press release of the album looks like a typical movie ticket, with "Admit One" stamped on it. Coming back to the theme, it is a story where a pretty young thing comes to watch a film with her friends, and while she is waiting in line for the tickets, turns around to notice a handsome guy ? "I sat down next to her in the movie hall, the lights dimmed... the screen lit up... and the rest is history" (oooh, what mush!). Well, this explains the title track, a solo number by Kumar Sanu, which is melodious and hummable. The low pitch and the warm vocals add a soft touch to the song, which is followed by "Yeh Kya Hua" by Shreya Goshal, equally melodious but on the slower side. Dance track "Teri Meri" is a typical dance track, with an impressive rap sequence by Cheshire Cat, and after a careful listening, the song reminds you of Will Smith's "Getting Jiggy With It". "Kurti Da" is also on the faster side while "Dhak Dhak" and "Pyar Ke Baatein" are typical lovey-dovey songs. If you listen to the album from cover to cover, the story line is evident, and keeps your interest alive to look forward for the next track. It's interesting to observe how a simple story makes sense when blended into a music album. Well, the argument seems to be: "If it can work in the movies, why not in a music album?" Well, it's at least a zillion times better than those "Kaanta Laga" remixes. 'It was my dream role' NIMRAT KAUR and Bhanujeet are two fresh faces that feature in the videos Tera Mera Pyar. "I'm delighted to be a part of a video that tells a story. It is my first stint," says Nimrat, who has shot to fame with the video for the title track. Besides important modelling offers, she has bagged herself a role in a forthcoming Hindi movie where she plays the character of a TV journalist. "I'm eagerly waiting for the release of the next video for Teri Meri. It's my favourite song and the first one I heard when I signed for the videos. I wish Indipop albums feature more mature music. It need not necessarily tell a story, but at least it can make sense," she adds. Amen!

VISHNU A

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Sisters without brothers speak out!

A brother is someone who's your best friend; he's someone who loves and expects nothing in return, someone you can look up to and is there to lend a shoulder to cry on. Raksha means protection and bandhan means a bond and having a brother is indeed a special feeling because you have someone to guide and protect you without having to say too much. But one wonders what happens to actors who don't have a real brother?Do they miss having a brother or are they content having a Rakhi brother instead?
Kavita Shyam spoke to a few actors who don't have brothers and what Rakhsha Bandhan means to them.

For Monaz Raksha Bandhan meant tying a rakhi to her dog Caesar - a tradition

" Would have loved to have an elder brother"

the followed for 12 years as she does not believe in making rakhi brothers, especially in the industry.
Says Monaz: "I miss having a brother as I am the only child in the family. I would have loved to have an elder brother. The last rakhi which I tied was on my dog's neck; sadly he expired in February 2006. Now I've put up the rakhi on my cupboard handle which reminds me of him. I am going to miss him terribly this year and I am going to send a rakhi to my cousin brother in Pune. "

Rucha Gujrathi ties a rakhi unfailingly every year on her father's wrist and misses

"It's a bond between two people"

getting gifts from a brother and having a brotherly figure around.
"But I don't have a problem as all three of us sisters tie rakhi to our dad and send rakhis to cousins who live elsewhere. Rakhi is a bond between two people and it means raksha by a brother or whoever is close to you and takes care of you. I had tied a rakhi to Chetan Hansraj last year as he would keep calling me his little sister so I thought I must tie him a rakhi."

"A brother is neither a friend nor a father"

Sai Deodhar is the only child of her parents and misses having a sibling. She ends up tying rakhi to her innumerable cousins in Pune.
She explains: "I have lots of cousins in Pune who are equally close to me. On rakhi it's nice to meet up all my cousins and we catch up on old times. I've been tying one to my father and my grandfather for a long time now. A brother to me is neither a father nor a friend but somewhere in between who would guide me and it's a great feeling to have a brother. I remember on my wedding day I saw all fifteen of my brothers standing near me which was an awesome feeling."

"I tie rakhi to someone who does my raksha"

Snigdha Akolkar has rakhi brothers in Akola, Pune and Mumbai and ties rakhi to Nasir from the industry. Says she: "For me rakhi means having someone who does my raksha. So I've tied rakhi to my brother-in-law besides a female friend who has been very protective about me. Also in future I can tie a rakhi to my husband as well for he's someone who will take care of me. Thank god I've no real brothers as they would have ended up bashing up all the guys who'd follow me in college as all my rakhi brothers are very possessive about me. "

"It's a lifelong relationship of responsibilties"

And as far as Tassnim Nerurkar is concerned she also has a few rakhi brothers and shares a special bond with actor Anuj Saxena as she considers him her elder brother.
Says she: "I've lots of rakhi brothers and I have already tied rakhi to one of them as he was going out of town. On Raksha Bandhan I will be shooting and thereafter I'll be going to meet up my rakhi brothers. For me it's a kacha dhaga which is a lifelong relationship of responsibility and this is definitely a special bond."

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Rucha?s dual act

Sudipto Chattopadhyay

She played the troublemaker Kali in ?Kkusum? and the do-gooder Suhana in ?Bhabhi? with equal ease.  Actor Rucha Gujarati speaks on this fine balancing, ?After playing the negative Kali, I feared getting only negative roles. But playing Suhana has proved my adaptability.?

Suhana is the traditional sari-clad woman. Won?t she get typecast in the conventional image then? ?What?s wrong in donning a sari? In most parts of our country, you?ll find women wearing only saris. I don?t think this is going to give me a set image,? retorts Gujarati.

Suhana?s on-screen fondness for her brother-in-law Nahar (Sharad Kelkar) seems to suggest a budding romance. But Rucha brushes this off saying, ?Soaps thrive on an element of excitement. Let?s maintain that.? 

Ask the perky actor to name her favourite television show and she replies, ?I hardly get any time to watch television.  The Bharatnatyam exponent adds, ?I am presently concentrating on television as none of the film offers I?ve received have been exciting.?

Rucha?s filmography: ?Hum Hain Kamaal Ke?, ?Shikaari?  ?Kanyadaan?  ?Dancer?

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1035442

Valentine's Day ke din...
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   February 13, 2006

Rucha Gujarati
(Suhana from Bhabhi)

Valentine's Day is special to me because it is a day where I can express my love to my near and dear ones. It is not only a day meant for lovers but a day where I can express my love to my dear ones and show them how much I care for them as well.

Who says that one should spend this day with their boyfriends or girlfriends? One can spend this day with their dad, mom, and siblings and even with their friends.

Basically, it is a day where you can give special surprises to people who you hold close to your heart and who mean a lot to you. This is an occasion to make them feel special.Well, I haven't taken a day off. But I will catch up with my friends who are single for dinner. Hopefully, we could share our emotions together.

Edited by Vandu4ever - 17 years ago
Vandu4ever thumbnail

DOLLY AUR KEITH KI GHAR WAAPSI

BY

DOLLY AND KEITH HAVE BEEN FLYING HIGH RECENTLY   AS THEY ARE BACK IN BALAJI FOLD.Dolly who essayed ranos role in kalash  and was the bhabhi of star plus for  3 years has been offered a cameo in kkavyanjali and kasturi.speaking about this dolly,who is back from canada after a 6 months marital break says,it was just three days when i had landed back to india that ekta came to know about me and offered me these cameos. It was a dream come true as i was offered my first break from ekta  and its just like coming back home.What else  can i wish for .im here for just two months and this was the best way to spend my time.speaking of her character she reveals,i will play a lawyer in kkavyanjali who is there to open a big secret.I enter  in the last few episodes of   the serial and unfold a great mystery.As for kasturi which is a brand new show ill essay the role of kasturis bua who gets her married in a big family.It was great working with balaji in kalash and  im looking forward on working with them.

Keith who acted in the few beginnin episodes of  balajis kasam six years  back and potrayed the main lead in dekho magar pyaar se  is finally back in balaji.Revealing about his character he says,i play a mentally imbalanced child who is completely dependent on this mother.Life completely changes  for him when he falls in love with the daughter of the family. At first i was a bit hesitant to essay this role of a mentally imbalanced child  but ekta assured me that the role would turn out to be big.i have alloted 15 days to balaji and the rest of the time i want to  spend on anchoring and singing.ill eneter the serial  mid september and will start shooting in august.

Hope dollys and keith long rishta with balaji turns fruitful again.

Vandu4ever thumbnail

Just for Laughs!

This one's just to tickle your funny bone! We didn't put much thought into it...and we hope you wouldn't too! So just take a chill pill and read on. And don't forget to mail us your feedback!

Rajeev Khandelwal- "Kahiin toh hoga" se Doodhte Reh jaoge
Gurpreet Singh- Naak kati par show toh mila!
Rohit Roy- Party bina chain kaha re?
Anuj Saxena- Kaun banega Krorepati?
Gaurav Chanana- Mera number kab ayega?
Saakshi Tanwari- Kyunki Kahani hit hai!
Delnaz Paul- Kya karun control nahin hotaa?
Rajeev Paul- Break ke baad
Aamar Upadhay- history ya amar chitr katha

Sudha Shivpuri- saalon saal chalta rahein!

Aakashdeep Saigal- mummy main director ban gaya!
Amit tandon- Kaisa yeh accent hai!
Shweta Tiwari- Latest dog lover in town
Manish Goyal- Naach naach ke duniya bhula de
Mona Singh- Jaane kab shuru hoga filmi safar
Ajay Gehi - Miilee kyun nahin!
Aamna Shariff -- Koi to Hoga???? (Rajeev listening)

By PRASHANT GOLECHA
Posted on 1 April 2006 5:30 pm
http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/apr/1apr/feature_laugh.php

Vandu4ever thumbnail

articles of Manish Goel

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/128480

Manish Goel's house (tilak on ganpati day)

https://tellychakkar.com/y2k6/aug/29aug/slideshow_man.php

Edited by Vandu4ever - 17 years ago
Vandu4ever thumbnail

'Bhabhi' gets ready to welcome Gen Next

It's official. Star Plus' afternoon soap Bhabhi will take a 20 year leap, and producers UTV have brought in a new band of

Puneet Sachdev: ready to make a mark!

freshers to help keep the serial afloat. The serial will go into fast forward mode on 2 June, with the introduction of Puneet Sachdev and Mohit Raina who will play the male leads - Vishv and Shubham.

The young lads have much more in common than having Bhabhi as their first noticeable break. Puneet played Sarfaraz in Star Plus' Saara Akash and then did ads for Panasonic, South Malabar Gold, and the Fanta kya dhakkan hai ad with Rani Mukherjee. Mohit played a cameo in a serial that he is not willing to talk about.

Both hail from small towns. While Puneet is from Gwalior, Mohit comes from Jammu.

"I have lived in Gwalior all my life. I completed my education there. But in a small town there is nothing much to do. I often spent my time playing cricket or watching movies," Puneet reminisces.

While it took a long time for both to realise that acting is their calling, their parents had different dreams for them. "I wanted to become a cricketer. I represented Madhya Pradesh in the under 16 and under 19 categories. At some point I also wanted to get into the defence forces, but failed the National Defence Academy test. I ended up doing MBA because my father wanted it," narrates Puneet.

Mohit laughs, "My parents wanted me to become a chartered accountant. But I flunked the test. In the mean time I worked with Hyundai."

Mohit Raina: wants to make it big with 'Bhabhi'

Both have had a fair share of struggles too. Puneet says, "The first time I came here, I stayed for just six days. I felt so homesick that I went back and didn't return for six months. (like Hrithik Roshan in Lakshya???). Then I returned with maturity and patience."

Mohit says, "I came to Mumbai for the first time nine months ago and kept frequenting offices of production houses. I could successfully reach the production house gate but never beyond that. The watchman would never let me in. Once, a watchman who I thought was very kind told me that the person concerned came only between 11 pm and 1 am. I thought it was very odd yet made it to the office at midnight only to realise that it was a joke. I was fed up with the way things were moving but not once did I think of returning."

Was life difficult then? Says Puneet, "One should come to Mumbai if he wants to feel sad." And Mohit ? "When I came to Mumbai I was nervous about how people would treat me".

Life in Mumbai has also been amusing for Mohit. "I had heard a lot about Lonavla. So I decided to go there. But there is hardly any beauty there. It is nothing compared to Kashmeer," he bursts out laughing. "I intend to go to Mahabaleshwar now. Let's see how it looks," he says.

Incidentally, both are Leos. Is it any surprise that the two intend to share an apartment too now?