Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tanisha99 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: princessunara

what? did u even read my post?

After login to IF i searched your post just to read your take on paro today.. usually i love to read your post... 
But u made me disappoint with your thread . its very easy to find fault but we should appreciate their work ( CVs). Then CVs will have a hard time to make you happy then.. just kidding..πŸ˜‰

Anyways i respect your view and your post😊

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Tanisha99

After login to IF i searched your post just to read your take on paro today.. usually i love to read your post... 
But u made me disappoint with your thread . its very easy to find fault but we should appreciate their work ( CVs). Then CVs will have a hard time to make you happy then.. just kidding..πŸ˜‰

Anyways i respect your view and your post😊

i cannot relate to Paro right now! that is the problem.. when i could understand her i wrote about her thoughts, right now Paro is a puzzle to me.. so i cannot at all think from her shoes n explain or write about that scene when these questions i wrote here is raised in my mind..
as to why she is behaving in the manner she does..

but now with this SS explanation given i will probably be able to think in a different manner n see...
if i find Paro once again i will definitely write about her... till then i don't think i can write from my heart about something i don't actually relate to or understand about..

I love Sanaya, n she did that scene well.. but i just am baffled with Paro.. so i am really sorry that i didn't manage to write about it in the way u hoped..
i wish i could. but till i find Paro again in my own head it won't be happening..
Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: princessunara

this one, i am doubtful if the Indian soap writers can actually do this on TV? i am skeptical!
@red : And if they do manage it, how long will it take to come to this point u mentioned? i wish they will release some news for us to know that this is the actual direction they r going.

otherwise i am utterly confused about Paro! πŸ˜•

it's a clinical observation that I made from a professional pov. I have no idea about how the writers will express. But when I see Paro, she is a classic example of a person going through the syndrome. 
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sunara, I understand where you are coming from. After reading what Guinea wrote about Stockholm syndrome, it got me thinking, let us see where the writers and creatives take this story. Is that what the montage of Paro being tied at the back of the jeep meant all along?

But I too missed some flasbacks of Bhindi and mamisa when Mythali mentioned "mykaa", these I see as missed opportunities.

Anyway, there is no harm discussing and gathering all kinds of point of view. It is also good feedback to makers on how things are getting conveyed on screen and what could be tweaked to get their vision clearer, after all it is a creative process.
Edited by showviewer - 10 years ago
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
It seems like the CVs never intended to create depths in Paro's character. I get it that she is not very outspoken but that doesn't mean that she won't have a sense-of-self; her thoughts, feelings and emotions reg herself, her past and the situation she is in. The CVs did nicely portray Paro's trauma reg her childhood tragedy in the initial episodes through her fear of fire and her nightmare about BSD. Those scenes made me instantly feel for and connect to Paro... but now such focus on the character's thought process is lacking and it is making me loose connect with her.

While today's scene about Paro reading Rudra's childhood letters and getting emotional was nice, I can't help but wonder why can't a bit of emotions from Paro be spared for herself... after all, her life too hasn't exactly been a bed of roses.
_SilverLining_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Nicely written post. Agree with both the good and bad points. Enjoyed Sumer and Thakur parts to the fullest, can't wait for tomorrow to see Sumer make a fool of himself in front of Raja Thakur lol! And I loved the letter scene but all the time I felt something was off. Turns out it's Paro's memories about her own parents I was missing!

Okay can I say something about all these discussion about Stockholm syndrome? Well as far as the definition makes sense to me, I think it's an IRRATIONAL bonding between captive and captor. The patient generally becomes depressed as he or she explicitly remembers the normal times but knows can't go back so gradually becomes submissive as it's better to accept what you can't change.
So is that really Paro? Lemme see:

1. Forgets their own ego- No.

2. Starts seeing things from the captors perspective- No. She might understand his pain but I don't think she feels his acts are justified. That's why she still calls him jallad.

3. Gets beaten up or harassed yet says nothing- No! Rather she seems to crisply reply back to her jallad every single time he tries to intimidate her.

4. Depressed- No.

5. Thinks often about the past- *scratches head* Maybe?

So how exactly is it Stockholm syndrome??

What I want to say is, all her actions say she hasn't for a moment forgotten her past life or whatever happened with her recently. And it would be nice if the CVs make it a little visible for the general audience coz not everyone interpretes every dialogue and every action like us experts :D I'm not saying make Paro cry every moment by making her reminisce her past, just a few flashbacks at just the apt moments can make the storytelling more potent.Edited by _SilverLining_ - 10 years ago
Erika1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _SilverLining_

Nicely written post. Agree with both the good and bad points. Enjoyed Sumer and Thakur parts to the fullest, can't wait for tomorrow to see Sumer make a fool of himself in front of Raja Thakur lol! And I loved the letter scene but all the time I felt something was off. Turns out it's Paro's memories about her own parents I was missing!

Okay can I say something about all these discussion about Stockholm syndrome? Well as far as the definition makes sense to me, I think it's an IRRATIONAL bonding between captive and captor. The patient generally becomes depressed as he or she explicitly remembers the normal times but knows can't go back so gradually becomes submissive as it's better to accept what you can't change.
So is that really Paro? Lemme see:

1. Forgets their own ego- No.

2. Starts seeing things from the captors perspective- No. She might understand his pain but I don't think she feels his acts are justified. That's why she still calls him jallad.

3. Gets beaten up or harassed yet says nothing- No! Rather she seems to crisply reply back to her jallad every single time he tries to intimidate her.

4. Depressed- No.

5. Thinks often about the past- *scratches head* Maybe?

So how exactly is it Stockholm syndrome??

What I want to say is, all her actions say she hasn't for a moment forgotten her past life or whatever happened with her recently. And it would be nice if the CVs make it a little visible for the general audience coz not everyone interpretes every dialogue and every action like us experts :D I'm not saying make Paro cry every moment by making her reminisce her past, just a few flashbacks at just the apt moments can make the storytelling more potent.

Exactly, it is not Stockholm syndrome πŸ˜†

One of the girls just saw a movie, and though they would use the term here, nothing wrong with that, as she has shared her opinion but its an inaccurate conclusion at the same time, and thus also proving the tm post that they need to show some emotions as reminder to the audience just to let it sink in... or next we know she will start developing love for him a classic case of SS.

It is clear to me that this is not the case. She still tries to keep her identity (which is one of the reason way I am saying that we need to see some more of her inner turmoil), knows her own mind, she doesn't defend him but rather said out of the two evils she trust him the most, she sympathize with the little boy that lost his mother not the grown man, the bsd whom she thinks is a murderer/butcher and says so at every opportunity so how can it be SS.

Edited by Erika1 - 10 years ago
jeesie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice post agree on both good and bad points
samirao thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Completely agree with u on all the points , fab post sunara 
-Seerat- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed with your points.
I saw the term SS mentioned as one of the reasons for Paro's state of mind.
Even if it is, doe t it have to gradually progress toward that feeling of submission to your captor?
It will be easier to relate to Paro if they keep her connection to her past alive, and gradually move into Rudra's space.