Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Erika1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I am sorry, this is not  Stockholm syndrome, if it was she wouldn't have shown such strong aversion when she calls him murderer, nor would she be bidding her time to formulate a plan to escape given the chance. I disagree.

The writer needs to get his/her act together... continuity ... that is what the audience needs... not here today gone tomorrow for one individual who has experienced so much lost a merry 10 days compared to one that has lost 15 years ago. ðŸ¤¢

And I am not talking on behalf of any actor or actress, I am talking as a human and female, the majority who looks at these type of shows.
Edited by Erika1 - 10 years ago
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Erika1

Strongly agree with the bad points, the writer whomever he or she is, needs to balance the emotions, pain, flashbacks and reflections more realistically. Rather than just show the male side. I as a viewer need to see her pain too, missing her loved ones, just because those two girls are nice to her doesn't mean that she will ever forget where she comes from and thank god for them, and as a viewer again, I find that totally lacking as I am sure does the majority of the audience.😕 🥱

dear, read the bits Guinea di shared on Stockholm Syndrome n that its a story of a victim who tries to live each day as it comes... n not of 2 equally matched sane people.. i dunno how accurate it is, but its the only explanation that allows me to accept this.
Otherwise i too am utterly dissatisfied if this is a sane Paro they were tryng to show us!

princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tanisha99

Oops..Again unhappy.. 

Kyun bhai aaj toh paro chaa gayi thi.. She was really too good today.. 

what? did u even read my post?

Erika1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessunara

dear, read the bits Guinea di shared on Stockholm Syndrome n that its a story of a victim who tries to live each day as it comes... n not of 2 equally matched sane people.. i dunno how accurate it is, but its the only explanation that allows me to accept this.
Otherwise i too am utterly dissatisfied if this is a sane Paro they were tryng to show us!

I know what Stockholm syndrome is without having to google it, and this is not it.
Edited by Erika1 - 10 years ago
CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
You Summarized that well!!! Especially the missed opportunity of each shot...while I'm not so sure of the letter scene ...it was a good scene but I think it could have come a little later ..we know his pain..it would be nice to know hers ...
and the girl reunion ...yes this amnesia of Paro's seems bizarre especially for a girl who speaks so little she has to be a deep thinker (or she ends up looking like a vacant being)..

I was hoping for more balance ...time to focus on the character of Paro give her some flesh, something that we can connect with her ...
princessunara thumbnail

I know what Stockholm syndrome without having to google it, is and this is not it.

i just saw ur reply! i am new to this thing! n that is why i also expressed surprise at the desi TV writers attempting this! i don't think they can write this for Indian TV through a soap..
anyway i am hell confused now!

princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: CravingKhana

You Summarized that well!!! Especially the missed opportunity of each shot...while I'm not so sure of the letter scene ...it was a good scene but I think it could have come a little later ..we know his pain..it would be nice to know hers ...

and the girl reunion ...yes this amnesia of Paro's seems bizarre especially for a girl who speaks so little she has to be a deep thinker (or she ends up looking like a vacant being)..

I was hoping for more balance ...time to focus on the character of Paro give her some flesh, something that we can connect with her ...

thanks!
n ya that is the thing, we already know of his side. it will be nice to see hers for a change! cz honestly these soaps r mostly watched by women n as a woman i am utterly disconnected to Paro's behavior! i wonder where the hell is she coming from! If she has amnesia as i don't understand why she doesn't remember things, why she thinks of other things the way she does, why she takes certain decisions...

truly hope that the coming weeks explains this to us!

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Sunara...I wished Indian soaps would concentrate on a woman's pain too...I don't know why they haven't done that or do they think that women have more endurance...so they don't need to be specified? I really don't know that but what I saw today is very much possible psychologically...It's Stockholm Syndrome...this is where a captive starts feeling for the captor...starts accepting the captor's pain and actually tries to somehow tries to justify it. The mind gets conditioned in such a way that the captive starts accepting her surroundings and the people in it. In many words, the captor's world becomes her or his world. The defense mechanism works in such a way. I believe the story is moving towards that direction because I believe there will be a Marriage and Paro will slowly start feeling for him/ remember Rudra already feels overly protective and possessive...but there will be a time when the reality will hit her again...and right then Rudra's obsession starts. 
I maybe completely wrong Sunara but that is what I saw and perceived.
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rupunzale

Hi Sunara...I wished Indian soaps would concentrate on a woman's pain too...I don't know why they haven't done that or do they think that women have more endurance...so they don't need to be specified? I really don't know that but what I saw today is very much possible psychologically...It's Stockholm Syndrome...this is where a captive starts feeling for the captor...starts accepting the captor's pain and actually tries to somehow tries to justify it. The mind gets conditioned in such a way that the captive starts accepting her surroundings and the people in it. In many words, the captor's world becomes her or his world. The defense mechanism works in such a way. I believe the story is moving towards that direction because I believe there will be a Marriage and Paro will slowly start feeling for him/ remember Rudra already feels overly protective and possessive...but there will be a time when the reality will hit her again...and right then Rudra's obsession starts. 

I maybe completely wrong Sunara but that is what I saw and perceived.

this one, i am doubtful if the Indian soap writers can actually do this on TV? i am skeptical!
@red : And if they do manage it, how long will it take to come to this point u mentioned? i wish they will release some news for us to know that this is the actual direction they r going.

otherwise i am utterly confused about Paro! 😕

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
Guinea thumbnail

I am sorry, this is not  Stockholm syndrome, if it was she wouldn't have shown such strong aversion when she calls him murderer, nor would she be bidding her time to formulate a plan to escape given the chance. I disagree.

The writer needs to get his/her act together... continuity ... that is what the audience needs... not here today gone tomorrow for one individual who has experienced so much lost a merry 10 days compared to one that has lost 15 years ago. ðŸ¤¢

And I am not talking on behalf of any actor or actress, I am talking as a human and female, the majority who looks at these type of shows.

Its perfectly ok if you donot agree with me ðŸ˜Š ...I have never used the SS term before ...I felt it strongly today so mentioned it , I could be wrong ...but I have kinda connected to the script and story well today ...