Good points and bad..

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
A masterstroke by the CVs! Actually 2!

1. Sending Rudra on a mission - no1 can dispute the needs of the duty calls.. So that is nicely tied up! He could be missing for days n the regular audience who don't come online will have no issues.

2. Sumer - Thakur track is awesome!! I love it!! He is too much of a smart cookie n the rookie Sumer is falling directly inside the mess! To top it, its freaking hilarious too! But will be dangerous at the same time!! But will love to see what will come his way at the hands of the Thakur! 😆

Now coming to the rest.. Bad points

1. The talk b/w Dilsher n Dhanveer started off good, listing each Rudra n Paro's POVs/ But that ending expecting Paro to shut her eyes and blindly believe her perceived enemies against the people who brought her up was insulting to her! Ok probably they r relations of him, so is likely to take his side n are biased. cz after all they didn't think that he should try to bring some proof for her to believe in them! Cz Paro is someone who will hand Thakur in a platter if she learned that he cost her Bindi & Nandini jija not to mention her parents when she was a child!!

2. The Paro crying over the letters part
Of course it was a good scene, but pray tell me while reading those words 'mom come back' wouldn't she being an orphan think that wish she ever had an option to call back her parents? Any hope that they will ever return to her one day? sigh. nah.. Paro is again a emotionless person where her own life is concerned! She doesn't even think that he had a mother alive somewhere, n long for the mother figures she lost just 10 days back for even a single second! these r parallel events which can be so nicely intermingled but utterly neglected!

3. Suneri-Maitili talking and being happy about the night before the wedding
They spoke about sisters, who might be crying over her going away.. Paro seems to have amnesia for she doesn't remember her Bindi who was crying telling her to spend a bit of time with her to make some memories cz after her marriage they might never see each other again, except maybe in the dreams that come at dawn..
Then no memories of her own sadness at her jija leaving her forever, Paro's own words of lamenting for the elder sister who left n never wrote back.. who she was in the mandir on the 2nd episode was thinking had forgotten them after she went to her sasural. And maybe mingle that memory with what Rudra told her as to what has really fallen on Nandu jija!
Those were specific scenes!! The 2 memories with Bindi n their talk about Nandini jija!

And this is the sad part, they don't seem to explore the thoughts n feeling of Paro at all.. Is she an emotionless doll?
I thought while she was sleepless in the dark, looking at sleeping Suneri and Maitili she will think of her own 2 sisters, Bindi and Nandini jija.. sigh.. i am losing hope on this end day by day..

Anyway it was an ok episode to me. Fabulous on the side of Sumer-Thakur n neglected on the exploration of Paro once again..

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Naina- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well written..!
Agree with the good points..But unfortunately disagree with the bad points...

princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: nainasharma123

Well written..!

Agree with the good points..But unfortunately disagree with the bad points...

thanks! :)
so u don't think that Paro would have remembered Bindi n Nandu jija when Mailitili n Suneri talked about sisters? Think about her Masa, n Thakurainsa who SHE had to leave? and Mamisa who in a way just like Rudra's mom left her by refusing her existence?

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
MesmerizingSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I total agree with the all the points
it seems that they have erased Paro past memory
one more request , they should decrease the scene durations
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Totally agree Sunara!
Seriously man, I have given up on this whole ignore-Paro's-feelings route the CVs are taking us.
I am mighty pissed...bas!
automaticstart thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
good post i agree but i am really upset the way they r potraying paro atleast one scene for her past life
Guinea thumbnail
I disagree with you sunara for a change ðŸ˜†
The way I see the plot is ..its loosly based on stockholm syndrome . This effectively means ...the victim ie paro is slowly loosing her sense of grief / self and emphatisizing more and more with rudra ...his grief becomes hers ... His pain becomes hers...she will start justifying all his actions ...

This is how she will accept him and probably even develop some feelings for him . However one fine day when she snaps out of this thinking ( usually happens when an incident triggers something big in ones mind ) she will leave and by then rudra's need for her will be bigger. Thats how the love story will begin ...

I may be wrong but I think ...this is the journey of this love story . 
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guinea

The way I see the plot is ..its loosly based on stockholm syndrome . This effectively means ...the victim ie paro is slowly loosing her sense of grief / self and emphatisizing more and more with rudra ...his grief becomes hers ... His pain becomes hers...she will start justifying all his actions ...

This is how she will accept him and probably even develop some feelings for him . However one fine day when she snaps out of this thinking ( usually happens when an incident triggers something big in ones mind ) she will leave and by then rudra's need for her will be bigger. Thats how the love story will begin ...

Ok googled on that syndrome!

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.[1][2] The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 8% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3]

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other."[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be a threat.[5]

Well i guess that explains it then!

So i think i should simply accept that she is suffering from this syndrome cz that is the only way i can accept this as reality!! hmm.. should ask the writers n see if this is what they r showing! let's see if i will get an answer!!

BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Guinea

@guinea, I googled SS and see your point. But still has her memory been totally erased?
I guess, we have to just justify what they are showing and accept it.
Guinea thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessunara

Ok googled on that syndrome!

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.[1][2] The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 8% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3]

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other."[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be a threat.[5]

Well i guess that explains it then!

So i think i should simply accept that she is suffering from this syndrome cz that is the only way i can accept this as reality!! hmm.. should ask the writers n see if this is what they r showing! let's see if i will get an answer!!

Sunara ...I kinda had a eureka moment today ...and I truely beleive that is the storyline of this love story. Vicky has said this several times on her post ...
You know I am a huge sanaya fan but in this show ...sanaya is playing the role of paro and she has to stay true to the script. It definately is a layered character ...which will metamorphise with time. 

The line with chachsa said " paro needs to shut her eyes and open her brain " was not too mock her or expect too much from her ...tmrw I think we may get the plate scene and paro's brain will start ticking ...