Blast from the Past Thread #24 ** Golgappa Times ** p 113, ep 246 - Page 52

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

indu,

i just saw your intense piece on 184. will read again, it was beautiful. i did write 184.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/94386940

Take your time pirate.. oops.. captainji..πŸ˜†

Thanks for that link to 184.. will read. Just read your 187/ 88 on the other thread. How lunatic I am  to dread watching/reading about a heart break that was a result of MU that too in a fiction..
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
AArwen, Faiqa, Indi, didn't get to read any of the latest epi write ups.. AD totally sucking up..
We should permanently post that Rumi quote  on our threads about meeting in that SKD beyond all this clamor..
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Haha Horizon it took me while to figure out what you just said but .. a good part of my busy, tiring, regular day in AD goes in SKD just thinking about IPK.. I find myself humming rabba ve.. smiling remembering some scene or rushing to a computer to check who updated a post here .. lovely way to live for now.. touch wood.. Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Superb review of the mouth watering episode.πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
My comments are up

Thank you so much Javeria πŸ˜³ . Am specially glad you liked that ASR proposal part. I kept trying to think how to write it..even dared to ask my husband for ideas..needless to say he thought I was very ajeeb πŸ˜†..

He missed her mother so much and every moment in his life.  loved this line of yours. It is the essence of ASR in a way. 

I was seeing this episode and remembering your "sasural genda phool" post.. Arnav was initally awkward but now he has embraced the gupta family's love.. he is so much more relaxed around them. Feels like he is on vacation from being the akru laad governor and has transformed into pyara bitwa..
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
@ Rhea

Thnx ...Khushi is not a simple character either...if she smiles for others and masks her pain in it it doesn't matter her pain is gone or become less.IT piles up...that shows through her stars on her bed and her belief system...that is lingering as her permanent marked MARK of fear from Darkness and speedy car. If ASR pain is huge her is not less either...She has just learnt how to live with them...The directions and writing though has tainted her character but the TRUE message is still there.

Once again thnx
Loved the take Faiqa! Your delving into Khushi's character and hurt was simple yet very very profound. I wish instead of having to remember what she is going through by ourselves we would have got more scenes that actually showed this. Today in those 2 fleeting instances itself we were able to understand the devastating effect of the tragedy on her. But most of the time the actual emotion behind those artificially wide smiles would get lost for me.

I have many comments above as well. Really liked everything you had to say. In fact have highlighted complete paragraphs since every line was so touching. Thank you for the post..
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

DISCLAIMER:DON'T COPY MY WORKS AND CONCEPTS WITHOUT GIVING ME CREDIT 

YOU HAVE SEEN MY HUMBLE SIDE. TRUST ME YOU WON'T LIKE THE OTHER...

Arshi's Index  

EPISODE 236

Khate Meethey Rishtey, Umeed se...

[Hope and dreams in Relationships...]

Today's epi is reminding me IPK early promo where Arnav says,"humare Kapde humain banatain hai"[ our image and dignity makes us...very egoistic] because appearance is everything for him and today That delusional cloak is coming off slowly.His observations are stretching by seeing how everyone at home and around it's surroundings are keeping his Royal respect as a Damad intact. Their every action revolves around this whether Arnav babua will like it or not.. They are willing to undergo some hardships if Arnav  gets his happiness, He is an apple of All eyes.These relationships are the true strength of any human being in which Khushi looks rich and Arnav is way poor.Khushi drives her strength from her family while Arnav is weak in this case and that's why Khushi's " Hum tho khilathe hain , par yeh khaathe nahi " [I gave him to eat but he doesn't] is significant... Khushi is caring and compassionate towards him but his suspicious nature prevents him from accepting it , leading to his weakness !!

He has been welcomed with open arms in this town. There are unbelievable things in which you believe but sometimes your beliefs seems shorter in length in front of the Love and care of others and in front of the circumstances you are in , whether you are rich or poor. Today we encounter such scenes which urged me to think in this direction while some took me to compare Shyam and ASR.

Pause here:A contrast of the guest on the other side, Babli is surrounded by cool gadgets away from love and concern from HEART.

The  first cloak off of Royal mind begins with the Public  Bath of Arnav ..Arnav runs out of water and standing in the doorway covered in foam ,can't open his eyes in desperate need of fresh water to clean himself .Khushi rejects Garima's idea of using kitchen water and leads him by holding his hand to the water. The moment his eyes gets clear and discovers his territory totally gets dismayed to know his current position .He shows his indignation to Khushi but the gathered crowd  do not give a special thought to it but in return they invite him on breakfast. ... Arnav would have torn Khushi to million pieces but he is surrounded by those people for whom lack of basic necessities are facts of life and they did not find it awkward to see Arnav taking bath publicly and dealt with it sensibly and this helped the perception of Arnav because  though he felt affronted but he understood this is  a way of life and that brings his rage on halt and he just shows his annoyance to Khushi by saying "Don't talk to me" ...instead of 'How Dare You Khushi Kumari Gupta ? "...

Yes,Khushi wanted to show him how tough it is for people below the poverty line to survive; how they have to depend on "Ration" food; how they have to wait for the "Municipal Water Supply" or how they survived without AC or even Fan... One day, if they run out of time, they are delayed in everything. Then there was the Dargah scene when Khushi told him - "aap ko toh Bhagwan ka ehsaan manna chahiye ke aap ke paas sab kuch hain". Indeed that is so true and today we saw even if these people are not of high class still they have "Manners" . This scene was for ASR to understand how people work hard for their basic life and it's amenities.

Khushi's "Bijlii aagayi"meaning Hope that darkness will be removed for forever...Arnav is in the Gupta House ,meaning that this is where his final part of the MU will get cleared. This is where the story of Khushi and Shyam started and this is where Arnav will see its reality.

But this fits on Khushi here,"Hope is the only thing stronger than fear"... because in her life there is nothing but HOPE,   that she will be able to find the reason for this sudden marriage, ,the reason of sudden change of his behavior so drastically from one moment to other.A hope that she will be able to push Arnav to the edge to spill the truth.A  hope that she will be able to change the opinion of this person who has become so important to her unconsciously and hope that she will be able to remove that hate .."nafrat" which she can't bear in his eyes for her. Hope is her only lifeline because the other side is Fear and that she cannot afford to think, because that represents her worst nightmare, the end of her marriage, marriage which was and is the most important thing for Khushi Kumari Gupta. The end of which will effect her life as well as her family , A stigma... Her parents will die with that.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: Eyes covered with foamy soap  and can't see now but he is conscious and is leading towards purity[Water..meaning Khushi]] by Khushi and same later during kidnapping covered with black strip , Khushi will be unable to help him but her presence will guide him and black strip will be removed for permanently meaning all the misunderstandings will be washed away.

[INFO:"Rapidly-modernising India is drowning in its own excreta," notes the New Delhi-based Sunita Narain, Director General of the Centre for Science and Environment in a Comment piece published on June 14,2012 in Nature... "over 2 billion people in China and India have gained access to improved water sources from 1990 to 2010, and the proportion of the global population still using unimproved sources is estimated at only 11 per cent." ... India still accounts for one-third of the world's 1.42 billion poor people. Today access to improved water source have increased but the timely water supply is still valid and this is how low-middle class people really survive their daily necessities even in rural areas...]

Here comes the dining table scene which completely depicts the the "Big Heart" that the Guptas have.Arnav's happiness is their biggest asset for which they can go any length without a frown on their faces.

Symbolism and connection: Khushi goes for bringing curd from the neighbors.Three things Milk, curd and ghee which comes from sacred cow are viewed as the concentrated essence of the plants and are symbol of Purity , spiritual nourishment and removal of negative energy.

Don't forget we are seeing plants and water in this track a lot either Anjali is giving them water or Khushi or Arnav meaning, Arnav's pure Heart always remains in the picture as well as Khushi's.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: When ASR and Khushi's vehicles have an accident and Khushi told him - "har cheez paison mein nahin toli jaati". Aur ek baat, hum aapke nuksaan ke saare paise chukka denge, lekin jo nuksaan aap ne humara kiya naa, uski bhar pai aap zindagi nehin kar paoge".[Not everything can be bought from money, I will pay your damage but the damage you've done to me and my family has no price] Then she said again - "Khuddari se jeetein hain humlog".  ASR answered- "Khuddari ki baatein bahut sasti hoti hain, tum bhi yehin ho, aur main bhi. We'll see". Today he is seeing and feeling all of that "Khudaari " and Khushi's words of nuksaan will come to picture too during Preeto's wedding.

Garima and Buaji spend all the money they had on food without hesitation to just make him home. This is called "Khuddari and heart"that Khushi always talk about. ..As my grabber is Arnav's guilt to know that they paid the bill.Khushi's words are coming around.

Garimaji and Buaji did all that even without knowing that Arnav had ordered the food for the entire family . The  moment when he tells them that the food is for everyone , The surprised look on their faces spreads a happiness across their faces  ..Their happiness brings a PURE smile despite the strange taste of fusili,macaroni etc ...because for  Gupta's it is not the action but the thought behind the action that counts and content across his face knowing they liked it

This reminded me of Nani's words "Chotte ko akele Khane ki aadat hai" ....[he is used to eat alone]... Arnav Singh Raizada who has gotten used to his own company is craving for company, for the approval of Guptas. How amazing is that? his small smile of happiness with Buaji's approval  is showing that oomewhere inside him ,there is a boy who is craving for unconditional love and he will get it right here in Guptas.

PONDERING COMPARISON DOTS:This scene took me to Shyaam's Chaat scene. He made all of the Khushi's fav to remain in good book for her without caring Payal or Buaji's choices .. "Hum aap ki pasand jaan te hain Khuhiji".. But There is no fake acts in Arnav..he knows that  Guptas have never tasted that kind of food yet that does not stop him from ordering for them ... even now he is thinking from his POV just like AC and he has not entered the world of Gupta's yet , but he is including Gupta's into his world and not just Khushi only. He took into consideration their likes too while ordering the food. Healthy soup for Babuji, Spicy pasta for Khushi, macaroni with mild sauce for Buaji and Fusili for Garimaji. Yeah these foods were new to them but that is what ASR all about. He never tries to please anyone or expects if anyone wants to accept him.For that they have to first understand him like the way he never forced Khushi to change for him at any step. Arnav's heart is "Pure". Which, Khushi and the Guptas' will figure out at the end of this track.

Loved the reaction of Khushi, [sanaya did a good job here] .. She goes in different phases of reactions while seeing the bill but she couldn't pick up the fight with him as it was her fault which brought her family at this point but her rage changes into a soft amusing smile and happiness seeing his Laad Governor into a thoughtful damad here and Khushi is touched, when he hands over the pasta to her.He ordered especially keeping her taste in mind. she loves teekha [spice] she holds on to it as if her life depends on it - but her happiness does not last long as in the next second as he accused her of a Thief.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: Ajeeb hai yeh...when Arnav gave her the food tiffin on Kanyadaan , she ddn't eat that day and just looking at the food because Arnav gave it to her , considering her"unhon ne di hai..." ... Arnav has given his heart to Khushi but she does not know that but when she will know ...it will be the most precious thing that she will have and she will take care of his heart and him above everything and over everything.,,

Today he was very close to his limit but he had not crossed it yet. When the shock came with his car he could not control it any longer and he blamed her for the bath. A person who has been quiet holding the ocean of pain inside him just called her a "Chor" [Thief].  Arnav's perspective is that Khushi is a thief who has stolen his sister's husband, and her happiness and she has stolen his dreams. Dreams that he had started weaving because of her, dreams that made him believe in beautiful life, dreams that made him dream of living his whole life full of dreams once again. According to him,she is stealing his dignity, his class, everything that makes him a man he is today.

How wrong he is because like Khushi said "Aaapka anuman mausam vibhaag ki bhavishyavani ki tarah galat hain",[ all his interpretations, all his assumptions,all his views are incorrect.] ...The  base of his assumptions is all wrong because he is unaware that its not Khushi but he himself is a thief who stole her dreams, his and her family's dreams just because he did not believe her enough and that he will find out after knowing the TRUTH...Loved this "Its okay for people to see me taking bath - but its not okay for us to fight...

Pause here: Today he called her a thief and soon one name calling will  lead to spilling the reason... Khushi tries to make him quiet,[ Role switch]... while the image conscious Arnav has no intention of doing so in his anger.This reflects the middle class upbringing of Khushi ,status of family ,relationships which will be guarded and protected from the eyes of the prying world...The marriage or any relationship  will be presented as perfect at all times to the outside world !!

He got stripped twice and then suspicious File at the end that shows , something is going to happen with Arnavji...

Symbolism and connection:Before Khushi changed his tire to make sure his car keep running, meaning his life stays stable.Now Khushi says, "Apke baithne ki kursi..." and all 4 wheels are gone...at the top Shyam has the key...meaning Arnav's life is going to be out of turf now.

Shyam has made the key ...Yeah..!!!

Mamaji's presence was useless...Double Yeah...!!!

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
@Soha
superb as usual.
like you I also loved this episode.
she loves so she cares and he loves so he cares. As you said they complete each other. so that he couldn't deny but came to her place, trying hard to adjust. i don't see any problem to make his life adaptable here. everything shouldn't be considered on ego basis. when we go back home, life is not so comfy like here. But we try to make life as comfortable as possible, so that our stay can be enjoyable. It's nothing wrong with this.
All the blue lines are my favorite.
My comments are everywhere.

Thnx for reading and commenting as always.Love ur comments.Muahh of that underlined.😊
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 235

Cute fumble as he bangs into an edge of the table in the dark. This is while Khushi bitiya and damadji walk out of their room to figure out the cause of the commotion outside. Buaji stands at the door with a semi apologetic air and the whole Lakshmi Nagar (or atleast the lucky few) stand insinuating the electricity is gone because of the high load. Seeing the handsome owner of the chain of industries ready for bed the starstruck aunties decides its all ok. "Damaad hai" .. "hawa bhi thandi chal rahi hai.." "Uhi Uhi" agrees a clearly relieved buaji..
Very understanding and opposite what Khushi has t bear...

Bitwa looks apologetic while bitiya is definitely angry. He wants to call someone to have it repaired. But Khushi is in a no nonsense mood. Almost an ASR mood πŸ‘you could say. No need to show off is what she conveys. And he bears the reproach knowing he brought this on himself. Having just heard her interview I am tempted to say Abha Parmar and not buaji eagerly grabs this opportunity to help damadji to sleep.His expression.. almost ready to bolt than get caught.Who can forget the whole lead up to that legendary back massage some day out in the future.☒️🀣 Sensible Garima to the rescue this time, just like she will step in later as well. Again the mention of cool breeze... Does everyone already know how much the temperature inside the mosquito net is going to soar tonight?

Rhea, you are joining the leagues of others on this thread in this condition🀣

Well by now Khushi knows a lot about her husband. He cannot eat sweets. Likes his plants. Is allergic to Mosquito coil. Her heart knows so much more about this man which for now her mind resolutely refuses to delve into. She goes to fan babuji.. Amma goes to put the mosquito net. We get closer to the scene which I cannot think about without my mind going to Indi di's write up in the opening post of this thread.. "come here, you crazy taekwondo queen, and stay still, samjhi tum!" β€οΈ . can these two smileys coexist this way? If you have Barun and Sanaya in their top notch form on screen anything is possible..

True, They are amazing😊

The man stands toying with the pink mosquito net. I get a weird parallel in my head.. a bride holding a garland of colorful delicate frangrant flowers which decorate the wedding bed. By the faint glow of the moonlight through the open window he stands a little lost , perhaps wondering how to tackle this situation. And a chattering girl goes about around him feeling possessive . She doesn't want to share him with the greedy mosquitoes. A typical scene plays out before us. Husband wife about to go to sleep. Husband tired, quiet, not in the mood to waste energy on a fight, wife talkative a little irritated.. His mind occupied elsewhere the brilliant Harvard bitwa has found an answer to his immediate problem.. "Na tum is taraf aaogi na main us taraf jaungi"  .. His tone tired , a little imperial but so full of love .. "Arnav Rekha" ..  I find the fact so cute that Khushi isn't the least bit bothered having to share this bed. 

Loved the description in pink, very naughty and cute dreamy parallel u have Rhea...I just couldn't stop smiling on these scenes...

The start of the year at midnight she had pushed him with so much enthusiasm that he had toppled over and she had neatly tucked him in before buaji entered. Buaji had done her valuable part of making sure titliya slept next to the supposedly sleeping form of Payaliya..He had thrown aside the covers and sat stunned at the pretending panicked sleeping beauty before him.. How he had craved to be able to tuck that worrisome alluring lock of hair behind her ear. It had been a delightful midnight then and it is going to be a delightful night now..

"Ye humara pala hai".. "scuseme ye meri side hai".. "ok maaf kiya par main bhi isi side sota hun" .."aapko per ke neeche kabootaro ke sath sona hoga" .. have I ever witnessed such an engaging conversation? Electrifying exchange between the hero and heroine. They seem to be sparkling alive in this moment. Are they even talking about just which side to sleep on? I could write every dialogue that has just been said.They were brilliant! Intellectual conversations are overrated.. Ajeebly adorably sizzling repertoire is what is making my heart flutter madly right now..
Vey true , these two can set screen on Fire .How badly he wants to hold her , his love has no limit for her...She loves him beyond her capacity, one min she fights but still remembers and cares that he is allergic to mosquito coil and all

Khushi has surprisingly relented. The absurdly ridiculous thin roll of cloth holds the vital task of keeping these two lovers apart from each other.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† They lie down and creak! "what the? "  "Humari taraf wala bistar awaz karta hai.." "Of course tumhari side hai na chup kaise reh sakti hai?" The witty man with his impeccable sense of humor is in full form and am I glad.. Khushi defends the bed, and seeing that the beds in shantivan have a tendency of crashing whenever a bit of cricket is played, this bed does seem to be made of sturdier stuff. Taekwondo attack withstood..

Excellent Rhea..yes that day RM has broken all the tied fears from him to make him free soul so he can live burden free and that what that broken bed symbolizes and here their ties are getting stronger in all actions...in taekwando waysπŸ˜ƒ

Here Arnavji thought he had solved the problem for good.. now all that was left was to hold his own desires in check and bam lands his wife's creamy hand on his face.. he edges away trying to take as little space as possible and next her leg comes up where it is least expected.. he looks baffled.. murderously angry.. Is his gaze pleading how do I control myself now? Oh why is she testing my patience this way? She cycles, kicks, tousles completely oblivious.. At one point he actually holds onto the bed just to stop himself falling off.. this time he definitely must be thinking.."what the.. hey devi maiyya help.."  very ungracefully nudges her away but not for long.. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada next to the man she loves is going to have the best sleep ever..  sukoon..
Ahem Ahem...just kidding ...this scene is very seductive ...the way she was all over him...very innocent yet way too HOT

Brialliant body language of both the actors.

Thank god it is morning already. Neither my hyperventilating heart nor my sides aching from the laughter can bear this anymore. She clutches on to his shirt and he looks on with all that ocean of overwhelming love in those eyes. He yearns to hold her in embrace.. wind his arms around that dainty waist bringing her closer to him.. feel her heartbeat against his own.. Seeing her stirring, he pretends to look away. This time he does not remove her hand. Soon it will be part of his aadat.. Something wonderfully lovely about waking up together. Her eyes open. Slowly she moves away. He tries to salvage his image as the rough Raizada, claiming he couldn't sleep the whole night And his wife replies a bit ruefully that this is the way she always sleeps. He points out he hasn't see, her sleep like this before and she retaliates..how would you know since we haven't ever shared a bed before this.. finally sanka devi realizes what is happening. Both adorably awkwardly shy yet comfortable with each other. I have written too much.. just can't seem to stop..
The morning scene is showing new morning in their lives ...new settings...new rays which are penetrating and seeping in them...especially in HIM

"Amma kahiye na".. All right ..our sanka devi is back with her plan..

How come our serial has suddenly got these decent side actors? That ustandji uncle is quite nice.. "Jog..umm excercise." Trying to talk in a language more suitable to the surrounding.. polite and a little aloof.. Feels good to have ASR back. She knows her taunts will stall him. His ego is hurt.. alpha male ready to assert himself.. πŸ˜†the jacket comes off.. Khushi's eyes widen..not exactly the outcome she was expecting.. We can go into if this scene is ASR or not. I already noted a while earlier I did not need this at all.. but am happy to see him in charge.. completely at ease.. he would be good .. oh so very very good at anything he takes up.. that is how I see him.. the uncles' are highly impressed and so are we.. 

Khushi can't believe her eyes. Unabashedly she stares. Well she does like salman khanji, a trendsetter in this respect. So Arnavji sans a shirt would probably have this effect. Certainly get her to notice. ASR music.. And though he doesn't have the usual suit, laptop and anything else that defines ASR.. In fact he has those ridiculous middle class weights in each hand, atleast his self assurance, splendid regal air is back with a bang. A little teasing sets the mood. Everyone watching needs some water at this point. 

The water was used for seductively sexual desires , if she provoked his unintentionally in her sleep , He is doing it intentionally ...the weight of bearing these desires is way too heavy for him and she couldn't hold it either...

Not a believer in subtlety, the film fan in Khushi needed her hero to be drenched in sweat shaking his dripping head while the sunlight reflects, Greek god like or rather Indian Salman like, to realize how attractive he is. Am exceptionally thankful that we get a scene where Khushi openly admires her husband. He has found her gorgeous every time and it is refreshing to have her almost wantonly acknowledge the effect it has on her seeing him in all his masculine glory. A solitary water droplet on her face has drenched her in physical awareness. Her trance finally broken she stands a little lost, a little embarrassed and he notices. The more experienced Arnav has caught on that his wife liked what she saw. No teasing no jokes nothing. He handles her in these moments with utmost care. Gathers the moment and tucks it away as a precious memory in his heart or so I feel..
She was clean bowled...She couldn't resist and if she had a chance like him..she would touch him too just like he held her hand 

Khushi is not done yet. Her first day of holiday has just started. Buaji comes out after a bath looking nice and fresh. Is Abha Parmar dressing up for Sobti? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Will I ever get over that interview? hai re nand kishore! We are soon reaching the peak of all the OTT.. He gritts his teeth. She continues to invent flimsy excuses to delay him further. He is roughly rude.. and still I wonder if I have ever seen such a patient smitten husband before? Uff Iss Pyaar ko kya naam doon..

Very nice Rhea...couldn't stop laughing ...
I liked the scene on bed and in akhara...

My comments are in between 
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
rhea,

thanks so much for reading  236.

i really had to prepare myself for that one.

was determined not to get sucked in by the disastrous bath giving.

asr and the two ladies a saved the day.

you are right, khushi felt all wrong right through and this will carry on, for me at least, right up to after the revelation of affair.

i have already started disagreeing with the portrayal of khushi... this is all achhi bahufication going on plus let's show something outre, "hatke", anything, even if it makes no sense, kills character... no real thought about character action nothing here. tell me, can khushi ever, ever ever drag a person out like that and give them a public bath?

now she will be cutesy sanka at preeto's wedding, then suddenly all deep and emotional... back to mad and watching some tv horoscope guy.. on to will making oh ugh cutesy again, then suicide... nowhere can i feel khushi anymore.

but thankfully, asr is still there.

he helps me cope with the nonsense.

i keep telling myself, no matter what he loves her, something to feel and love in that.

shouldn't there have been some feeling in me too that, see, though he has dragged her to the temple, been so awful... some bit of her gets him, feels for him, adores him... even if she is out to teach him a lesson.

layering.

completely not there.

i often wondered, how asr could make me sympathise... empathise, but khushi, after a point, i had to tackle with my reason, because my emotion was not really touched.

very heavy writing that preeto's wedding i felt.

and i will say this, something in sanaya's interpretation was lacking. even though she is the only one i can imagine doing this without making me want to get up and leave. something in the nuancing. a lot of overacting, some hamming too here... thankfully kidnap again showed us sanaya at her strongest.

rhea, that fight on the streets was bad, samjhi main 😳. but i liked asr... i like the way barun becomes asr and makes almost anything feel real.

post wedding, the character of khushi in terms of look became heavier, more pretty pretty. less herself. only during holi she felt like the girl i knew. i think that messing with her look too had a pretty bad effect on how the character communicated with the viewer. only at night she looked sort of like herself.

anyway, more on this later.

see you over golgappa. i could write a thesis on one sentence from that episode... maybe that is what i will do. i found sanaya a bit too cutesy again.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: aarwen

Thoroughly enjoyed all your comments.. read them multiple times.. Amidst all this I even got out some smileys from you.. Thank you πŸ˜Š .

That "khuch dhang ka karo" was amazing. I wish they showed her doing something more sensible than Mrs India. Not that I have a problem with her being Mrs India but she never had a talent or inclination for modelling then why? And even then I would have been willing to change my opinion had they not shown her completely gawaar and out of elements so many times in that track. Tripping on heels, bad English, that scene about her not knowing how to do makeup.. πŸ˜• I didn't like that at all. 

You know I was thinking today that in a way it is good that they brought in Swami and all this to follow otherwise it would have become regular rona dhona and truthfully I may have found that boring.. So I do favor this lightness, but somehow multiple times Khushi just does not seem to have depth.. I can't see her on screen and immediately remember her love for Arnavji or the pain of heartbreak.. That makes it difficult to identify with her even though i try hard.. All that craziness when teaching Lavanya and yet you could hear her dhak dhaks loud and clear and today there is silence in this respect until the scene specifically brings it out.. 

which brings me to this line.."when the writer botched it, the actor and director took over. just with voice at time, oh what he made asr into..." Lovely lovely thought di..  with Arnav I never once feel the disconnect. And I don't think it is bias towards the actor just that he and the director never let me forget what is going on inside ASR..

telepathy... in pink... i just wrote about this to you. i had to think khushi through because i couldn't feel her after a point. writing, direction, intention, acting, everything i believe contributed to that gap.

and by the time miss india was on, i just looked at asr, did not bother with anyone else. khushi was gone long ago. i was also among those who completely couldn't take the idea of remarriage the way it was written or set up. perhaps that's why, the earth quaking haldi cheek brushing or other stunning remarriage moments, while they made me hyperventilate, they didn't go to the oh i can't breathe point that "phenk do" at the darga took me to, or "khushi! khushi!" at guest house, then a man taking a girl's hand and running to save her but suddenly he stops and looks back and they both stare at each other, a whole universe whirls through space and time in that look, or the shot on my signature, or a sunday store room... these and more took me to places i hadn't been to before... and it was not about explainable sex, it was about what makes man woman connection elemental, divine, with that chaos that ia essential that creates the next world. yeah, that much they touched me. because story was right. your pulse told you so. you did not have to apply reason. nor justify. strangely... even their wedding in the temple had that thing about it. though it was so not right.

however, from kidnap to 1 august when they had that fight i can't forget... there was again that magic thing... that chaos and collision which creates. some of my favourites there. it felt right, and asr khushi. it linked back to the golden period up to forced wedding. they built a track in it, hinting at it all the while which they later completely abandoned and brought in dadi. i am only guessing here but i can bet  on it too and prepared to lose. 😳

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Previous
1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 107
Next