Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Horizon

Arshi, I do know that your writing encompasses every one and every thing. I was only joking abt the chappal as it seemed for a sec that the writer (you in this case) loved the one sitting at the top which is not the case that I know. Hence the boomeranged joke...

Shyam had many layers and was pertinent until Dec, Guptas came to know about him.  He had the same lukhnawi andaaz and zubani as Khushi. And he did look very level headed in many instances. but,  after dec he had kind of lost that edge and became almost crass. During the first watches, there was immense interest in what he did becos of a possibility of it leading to a big story. But it never did! So this time around it wasn't that appealing. I wish there was some one else acting in  solo or along with Shyam in that kidnap. Anyway it was what it was..
Loved that symbolism abt office and kitchen.. yes location, location their places of strength.. will look forward to your next. 
and thanks for reading my front page write up.

Hi Horizon reading what you wrote of Shyam pre Dec I couldn't help thinking of the level headed way he had stepped in between nani, Arnav and Lavanya. He had actually been quite sensible in those conversations. I kept wondering why he took the trouble. Do you think somewhere he was just using this an excuse to remain in everyone's good books or was it a deeper understanding of Khushi and saale saab's strange attraction which needed to be warded off by directing his attention elsewhere? Must have been the former but would be very interesting if it was the latter..
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

AArwen, lovely collage, first time around a hint of smile.. a milestone in their relationship.  He did wear that again during that cleaning prior to Diwali.

Oh you are right! Thank you.. πŸ˜Š I'll have to make another collage for that day now!
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Oh you are right! Thank you.. πŸ˜Š I'll have to make another collage for that day now!

Good to hear that. hope you don't get Sleepless in Seattle while doing so..:)
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Hi Horizon reading what you wrote of Shyam pre Dec I couldn't help thinking of the level headed way he had stepped in between nani, Arnav and Lavanya. He had actually been quite sensible in those conversations. I kept wondering why he took the trouble. Do you think somewhere he was just using this an excuse to remain in everyone's good books or was it a deeper understanding of Khushi and saale saab's strange attraction which needed to be warded off by directing his attention elsewhere? Must have been the former but would be very interesting if it was the latter..

Aarwen, I don't think Shyam had any idea of the undercurrents of ASR- kh during those initial days. Becos of his need to hide, he never really directly saw any of their interactions to see the electricity flying..:). What all he heard through Anjali were how mad saale sab gets at the mention of this girl and all the complaints Khushi brings to Gupta house against him. So Shaym did take it at face  value and would have never really imagined that of all the guys Saale sab would end up as his competitor!!

The sensibility he showed early on to some extent was to win Raizada's heart and to some he is genuinely sensible those days I thought.  Shyam is a charmer for sure who knows to win hearts easily. Thats why I believed that at the terrace asr lost a big bro like figure, only one who could put some sense into him. Early on the intention od the makers was never to show him as this dramatic, dense villain, but only a married man fully pursuing another girl which in itself is enough of a reason for anyone to fall down on moral compass and cause their down fall. I was just mentioning to Indi about Ravan, but for this one weakness of his for women/ sita he is the most disciplined.  But ofcourse that was enough bring him down.  
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
It's been a week since the thread started, but as they say, it is never too late. 😳 

Thank you everyone for loving the opening lines and the HAHK post. The HAHK wouldn't have been complete without Indi, who created a beautiful product out of my raw inputs and also Faiqa, who posted the same.

Indi, love those blast notes as always and that taekwondo shot, how do you even come up with such things? And why do I keep forgetting, you have a flair for capturing such moments and presenting it in your own flavour. I still can't stop laughing. πŸ˜† Lovely edits. 😊 

Thank you for posting my dupatta poem on blast. The dupatta edit on top of it is beautiful. 😳 Thanks again for doing the finishing work for the HAHK post. It needed your special touch. Loved the collages. πŸ˜ƒ 

Faiqa, Welcome aboard. Thanks for joining this disorganised but dedicated team. πŸ˜ƒ Awesome banner on top and I see the gifs slowing sneaking into them.

Touch of Love and Love and Concern. This time I made it a point to read your writings on time. I did. Only I am late in acknowledging. So, my blah blah lady, how do you manage to come up with such awesome pieces of works within a short time? Both very engrossing. Thanks for the lovely quotes. The edits are lovely. Thanks for posting HAHK. 😳 

Kate, you continue to climb the ladder of creativity. πŸ‘ The gif on top is simply exemplary. Thanks for awesome audio tracks and matching them with your catches. Now tell me, how does one proceed further from this audio visual spectacle that you continue to provide? 😳 Thanks for all the background work as always. πŸ˜ƒ 

Supriya, Hats off to your dedication inspite of your tight schedule. You make that one post look so lovely. Always ready to do the changes whenever needed. Happy to have you with us. πŸ˜ƒ 

Ami, what a comeback! The drool corner, yay! Blast was missing this essential, original element for quite some time. Marvellous. Loved the Rangoli dance. πŸ˜† 

Horizon, I am amazed at your writing. Wow, was what I said when I read it. Harmony at last, indeed. And how beautifully, you explained it all. Thank you and please do write more. 😊 

Wiwy, What a gif you made! Too good. Bechara Arnav, set for all the boora haal that he never imagined. πŸ˜† 

So ... purple theme, is it? πŸ˜† 

DurgaS thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

We are on 42nd street [Times Square] , no I mean 24th street πŸ˜† No I mean Thread...

I couldn't resist while coming from a meeting at 42nd street and at the Subway that's how I pictured him and after search made this edit.😊 

Amazing Lines of Durga all across made this thread breezy .Kate added visual and meaning to that gentle and caring breeze and indi's story was the moisture in that breeze ...like sprinkling water right at your face.Horizon ,yet to read...

Thank You for the team especially our Supi through planning and all Whats app to provide th opportunity to join this team.I think our Thread is the most beautiful on this planet known as IF.

Ami's drool are like chat patta sexy pakpdas .Yummy Yummy !

Durga your comparison with Hahk is awesome and Indi'd edits are making it more fab.

Wiwy's gif is just too awww...and telling a different  story this time.Poor Arnav in his khata meetha sasural...

~ ~ ~   ~ ~ ~   ~ ~ ~

Meaning of 24...combo of 2 and 4😊
24 represents to carry on with passion and  enthusiasm.  Believe in yourself and your inner talents and abilities in order to find success and achieve your desires and aspirations.  Trust that achieving your goals is within sight.The Angel Number 24 is a message to listen to your intuition and inner wisdom and trust that the angels are ensuring that your needs are met as you toil towards success and achievement. 

Congratulations to ALLπŸ₯³

Barun at Times Square, wow! Someday Faiqa, he will be there. Lovely edit. Thanks for loving my work. 😳 Thanks for the #24 symbolism. That is some encouragement. Strive and you will succeed. πŸ€— 

DurgaS thumbnail
About 10 pages of interesting chattings and discussions to read. Hope to do so soon. Wish me luck. 😊 
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Episode 233

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WICn24CgIio[/YOUTUBE]

First Telecast on Wednesday , 18th April 2012

Full episode links

Thanks, Katelyn,for all the links.

Credit for the videos: Respective uploaders

Please click here to see

Blaster's Take from Episode 231 - 234
aarwen thumbnail
Episode 233

The episode starts of the with the possiblity of Babli actually having done something useful for once. But Shyam's evil plans are not to be foiled still.

Feels like a lifetime ago when a girl sat making a rangoli wondering about marriage..and a boy eavesdropped pretending to work for his di. He fell and she tried to warn him. They ended up mingled in a swirl of hues, shades and tints. She raised her hands to brush away the telling streak from his cheek. He held her arm to show the color was here to stay. The new lovers were a bit meek. Still very new to this. He had been marked as hers and she as his. Days later a festival would bring color back in the air and with it an enchantment now difficult to bear. Finally as husband wife return to the place he had brought her back in his arms the very first time, a rangoli has been elaborately sketched. The colors bring with it the magic as always with a scene that will remain in our hearts etched. 

She brought his attention to the colorful vibrant display of affection. He listened for this once. They were actually being civil to each other. A burst of nervousness cleverly masked by "itna hi difficult hai ghar ke andar jana to nai jate hai..wapas chalte hai". But Khushi would have none of it. Like a sprightly gazelle she gracefully skipped and hopped and reached the other side. Arnavji stood in awe. In all other movements his grace leaves us spellbound but today as he put one feet on the first uncovered space and balanced precariously we get a glimpse of an uncertain Arnav. For once he has no idea what he is doing. Ready to blindly follow Khushi's instructions. The thought of disobeying, being done with this childish game, not even crossing his mind for once. It was of utmost importance, and he questioned not why, that he could not spoil the rangoli. So he concentrated and dangled at impossible angles with bags perched in one hand. His wife, known for making the most of a situation, even got him to turn a full circle with his hands in the air before he realized he was being played. Even then "what the.. to hell with this" would not come up today.

She gave him her hand and he grabbed it for dear life. Again that touch which breaks the boundaries repeatedly. Compels them to feel things they keep trying to suppress. Khushi tries to lighten the situation "chor dein?".. But devi maiyya is still not done. She brings them closer, almost in an embrace. And they stood that way unable to break apart.

Finally its time to meet the in-laws. Their daughter on one dark fateful night went away with the rude, arrogant man. They returned as man and wife with no further explanations. The Guptas were angry but with all the love in their heart the daughter was forgiven. Now no one asks why the hurry? why the subterfuge? why the unexpected marriage? Maybe the experienced eyes of all can see the actual simple truth. It is a marriage out of love..a marriage made in heaven. Their return is greeted with dizzying excitement by buaji who has been brave enough to engulf her son-in-law in what resembled a page 3 hug! "Sada khush raho", says Amma with her kind knowledgeable smile.."thanks aunty". Our disoriented what the man is in his best behaviour it seems. And so it begins.."Amma kahiye na".. exercising her right as a wife Khushi wants her Arnavji to accept and become part of her family. As an amused mother looks on Khushi adds a coy smile in for good measure. No one should be left in doubt as to what a happily married jodi they are.

Awkwardness! not just the 6 foot ka aadmi but the whole ASR persona is too big to fit in the Gupta House today. Daughter's father left alone with the man who almost eloped with her. He smiles on.. and the damad leaves behind all his arrogance. The awkwardness again. He asks about his babuji's health. Never good at small talk Arnav bitwa looks around slight lost. What to do next? Where is Khushi? 

Khushi and the whole team return from the kitchen with all the food. Flashback to di and mami. Strange eagerness to try out all the food or terror at the impending over feeding? What he didn't add to the equation was the ongoing sanaka revenge. "jaise ki main kha hi na raha hoon" . Again she has ended up playing with his food. When will this sankadevi learn? "Phir se aunty?" . Khushi certainly isn't one to give up easily. Meanwhile buaji is all ready with the miracle worker .. the cooler maharaj. Who wouldn't want such lovable in-laws? But now is not the time for this realization. Now is the time our usually poised, charismatic, debonair Raizada boy is completely out of his elements. Is it the heat? I am more inclined to lay all blame on the omnious awkwardness. He doesn't even get up to help move the table or pull the cooler. Chivalry doesn't stand a chance in front of the awkwardness today. Amma sort of trying to stop buaji but who is listening today! All this fun in just the first 10mins.. Phew.. A half hearted attempt "guys seriously ..I'm okayy.. it's okay.." And the manner he says it, I am not okayy.. Is this the same man who in one swift speech could calm down the hyper mami and sort all the chaos out? Have you ever seen such a charmingly unsure ASR before ?

Quick respite from all the laughter as we move back to Shantivan.. To Payal's credit she does try hard.. mamiji was again absolutely awful today. I seem to keep repeating myself..

Hiccups..reminds me of a girl sitting with her mouth stuffed with samosas after the earth shattering revealtion of "live in.. matlab shadi bina sab kuch kar sakte hai?" Now its nothing so dramatic. Simple cause of Lakshmiji missing ASR and effect we get to see barun this way. Now I know one man who can pull off the angry look even while hic..hic.. His unease isn't unnoticed and when buaji and amma's faces fall amd smiles falter I fell myself going sad. This is not done Arnavji... But he has never been a hypocrite. Never known to say things he didn't mean. Always straightforward is our man and today their is the awkwardness to add to it. The nervousness perhaps making the usually perceptive man not notice the sweet love and effort behind all the bland halwa

He stands looking at the broken mirror and the often used soiled soap, but behind the apparent shiver that ran down his body I do not see a scorn for the people. He shunned the things but even when Khushi came up he kept his disapproval to himself. He did not insult or taunt or even for once take out the discomfort in the form of anger at Khushi. I think what tipped him over was her excitement to sit and eat karari puriyan. That led to the call to have his stuff sent over. There I have found my answer to his behaviour and am happily going to stick with it! I don't think he had any intention of belittling the Guptas.

Khushi knew Arnavji couldn't have liked the food..not eaten to his full.. it is a new place for him.. and yet this negligence. I feel quite bad for Arnav.

Daughter helping clear the table. Buaji with her own sanak trying to find a pair of glasses safely perched on her head. Amma rushing to and fro from the kitchen. Something very very everyday about this scene. Yes after marriage when you return to your house suddenly you no longer need to be responsible. You feel lighter. For your parents you are still the same small child to be taken care of. Yet you can never go back to being that. You have crossed the threshold and become an adult. A homemaker in your own right. You can enjoy the holiday for now but your home and your heart are in your new life now, as Khushi will come to know.

The door bell has started ringing and can't really blame Vimla masi or Lata. If I had Barun Sobti visiting my neighbourhood I would also be lining up for some milk, sugar, spice and everything else nice...πŸ˜‰

soni19sweet thumbnail
dedication to arshi di 
if you have time do see
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3946687