Why Krishna Not Balram ?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
My doubt is that why Krishna was king of Dwarka ?? Why Not Balram ?

Balram was eldest brother then why ???

Whose Soil of Dwarka before Krishna came ??

Was Devkimata &  Vasudev was with him for whole life after back from Jail ?

Was Nand - Yashoda was also in Dwarka ?

Also Radha met to Krishna after Krishna's marriage ?? Whom to Radha married ?

I heard that Krishna ruled all over Gujarat after Dwarka ?? Is this right ?? Means he captured Katch & whole Saurashtra of Gujarat ??
-EDIT:
Don't mind me! I thought I was logged in with my own account. Pretend you didn't see me!

Edited by Magadh - 10 years ago
Well, Krishna didn't inherit Dwarka from his parents. If he had, yes, Balram would have had the right to the throne. But Krishna created Dwarka. He brought the land up from the sea and then gave Vishwakarma the job to construct the architecture of the entire city.
Originally posted by Proud-India

My doubt is that why Krishna was king of Dwarka ?? Why Not Balram ?

Balram was eldest brother then why ???

Whose Soil of Dwarka before Krishna came ??

Was Devkimata &  Vasudev was with him for whole life after back from Jail ?

Was Nand - Yashoda was also in Dwarka ?

Also Radha met to Krishna after Krishna's marriage ?? Whom to Radha married ?

I heard that Krishna ruled all over Gujarat after Dwarka ?? Is this right ?? Means he captured Katch & whole Saurashtra of Gujarat ??

No. Krishna was never the 'king' of Dwaraka. Till the end it was Ugrasen.

Yes Dwaraka was created by Krishna after he and the rest of the Yadavas migrated from Mathura to Saurashtra. But that entire region was supposed to be under the rule of King Kukumudin- the father of Revati and the father in law of  Balarama. He gave the entire land to the Yadavas during his daughter's marriage. 

Kutch was later on conquered by Krishna after defeating Shalva- a neighbouring king. In fact this war took place at the same time as Draupadi's vastraharan in Hastinapura.

Neither Srimad Bhagavatham nor Hari Vamsa mention anything about Nanda and Yashoda. Most likely they too would have emigrated to Dwaraka along with the rest of the Yadavas.
After all, even the humblest of devotees is not forgotten by the Lord- and these were the parents who had the good fortune of feeding and raising him. How could HE have forgotten them?

As for Radha Devi- I will leave it to Surya to answer. 
Originally posted by varaali

As for Radha Devi- I will leave it to Surya to answer. 
WHy have you singled out me like this?😆
OK Manan, here is the thing. Radha Krishna are not separable, and hence do not as such need a marriage to unite them. Radha married a gopa called Abhimanyu, though their relationship was just for namesake.
In most texts, Radha meets Krishna along with the other gopikas at Samantapanchaka, when everyone in Aryavarta had gathered for a solar eclipse. But in some stories, she comes along with him to Dwaraka at the end of her life. For further info - check the leelas in Part 2 and 3 (part 1 is not a true story).

Also, the land of Dwaraka, acc to Garga Samhita, was actually part of Vaikunta. When ANarta, one of Vishnu's great devotees, did tapas to please Vishnu, Lord Vishnu gifted 800 miles of his Vaikunta to Anarta. This was passed on to his descendants of which Kakudmin was one, whose daughter was Revati. Due to Yugantar between Satya, Treta and Dwapara Yugas, the land was gradually submerged in the ocean. Later, Lord Krishna asked the Sea God to give back some part of it, and on it, constructed the city of Dwaraka.
Oh like that so now i knew why My Gujarat is also called Anart Pradesh in some older version ...!!Thanks.

But Can we say from this that Vaikunth is on earth ? Just like Kailash

Some say that Swarg is also on earth...It's 1 kind of state.

Also Indra is not any name of person but name of position...so there are different Indra ??

And in Dwarkadeesh , had they shown Radha meet to Krishna ?? If yes then i will surely watch that particular episodes 😛