Are Shahrukh & Saif the best Award Show Hosts?

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
I found these tweets currently on twitter

VibhaSekhar @VibhaSays 1m
Who thot one would miss Shahrukh and Saif hosting the Filmfare awards? I'm not finding Ranbir's antics funny :-/ #FilmfareAwardsOnSony

Ahmad Ali Bisati @ahmad2916 11m
The best hosting pair ever - saif and shah rukh !! #filmfare

Mr. Penguin @SinhaSaahab 30m
the best filmfare was the one that Shahrukh and Saif hosted.
Ritika @ritikarrao 37m
I Just Want Shahrukh-Saif To Host Filmfare!!!! No One Can Replace Them!!!

WaHiDa @WahidaMeow 47m
"@SANGplayz: Shahrukh nd saif are the by far the best host of filmfare or any other award show.. #FilmfareAwardsOnSony" Agree

Sangeet @SANGplayz 51m
Shahrukh nd saif are the by far the best host of filmfare or any other award show.. #FilmfareAwardsOnSony

Sampath Kumar @trueindiangrit 53m
Worst ever filmfare awards. No shahrukh. No Saif. No fun !!

Nikhil @NikhilJ97 58m
Bring back Saif and Shahrukh please. #Filmfare

Bubbly @So_Bubbly123 59m
@filmfare @priyankachopra no .. Saif n shahrukh r more funny

Vicky (Dry Day) @MrTippler 1h
Never thought I'd miss Shahrukh and Saif as hosts. Ranbir and Priyanka really suck at anchoring.
#FilmfareAwardsOnSony

Divya @divyamenon21 1h
I love Ranbir! Obviously! But noone can pull off a Shah Rukh - Saif like camaradrie on stage!!! #Filmfare

Fart Simpson. @Danishism_ 1h
Shah Rukh and Saif for next Filmfare as hosts.

What do you guys think?
Edited by desigal90 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
yes the best eva!!! followed by ritesh boman
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Yup they're awesome! I'd have watched it this year had they hosted it 
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Yes I love their chemistry and humor.
they are simply the best together.❤️
qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
SRK and Saif were the first ones to have started this trend of actors humorously hosting awards shows. Then everyone else started following it.

The recent ones they have done are not as funny and enjoyable as the earlier ones used to be. I mean, go and watch FF 2003 and 2004. That was insane. 👏

But they definitely are better than everyone else even when their at the lowest. Plus, SRK-Saif's chemistry is amazing.
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
no...my vote goes to ranbir and emraan when they hosted filmfare first time...srk and saif were pretty lame
desigal90 thumbnail
Originally posted by: qazplm

SRK and Saif were the first ones to have started this trend of actors humorously hosting awards shows. Then everyone else started following it.

The recent ones they have done are not as funny and enjoyable as the earlier ones used to be. I mean, go and watch FF 2003 and 2004. That was insane. 👏

But they definitely are better than everyone else even when their at the lowest. Plus, SRK-Saif's chemistry is amazing.

Even though the hosting is scripted by someone else, you still need the hosts to add more zest and life and Srk-Saif being as spontaneous, witty, and articulate as they are, always seemed to take everything to another level (and added their own bits a well I'm sure)

The script did let them down in the last 2 they hosted, but damn, they still had those moments.

Saif is the only one who can match up to Srk's spontaneity and vice a versa.

The last one that I found to be the most hilarious was the one they did in 2008. Hilarious!
Remember their act with Akshay Kumar and tripping him up? 😆
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes!
I totally love them together!

As much as I love Ranbir, he's pretty boring at hosting! -_-
qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: desigal90

Even though the hosting is scripted by someone else, you still need the hosts to add more zest and life and Srk-Saif being as spontaneous, witty, and articulate as they are, always seemed to take everything to another level (and added their own bits a well I'm sure)

The script did let them down in the last 2 they hosted, but damn, they still had those moments.

Saif is the only one who can match up to Srk's spontaneity and vice a versa.

The last one that I found to be the most hilarious was the one they did in 2008. Hilarious!
Remember their act with Akshay Kumar and tripping him up? 😆

That's true. Their wit and spontaneity is something else that gives them en edge over all the other hosts. Now that you mention it, I did enjoy the 2008 one as well. Especially the Naryal awards. Remember the one given to RGV and Ramesh Sippy saying that he'll break it over RGV's head for even attempting to make Aag?😆 And yeah, the bit with Akshay was hilarious. Twinkle was falling over her seat.😆

I wish more directors had utilized SRK-Saif's chemistry on-sceen as well. I absolutely adore them KHNH.😳

What's strange though is how their not even good friends in real life and yet they seem to have worked so well on stage. Guess their humor really does join them to take it to another level.
desigal90 thumbnail
Really?
I think they actually are family friends or relatively close friends in real.

Shahrukh was one of the VERY FEW celebs invited to Saifeena's wedding.
It was just Srk and Preity from actors that I recall.
And Kareena has said that she is very close to Gauri. I recall her pictures at a lot of small parties that Gauri hosts, Kareena's usually there.