Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 98

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thnx Rhea for reading and commenting of my long one 229
Faiqa the way you write pours out all emotions of your heart. Really wonderfully written.  I liked all that in blue and have some comment in green. I specially liked your connection to the guesthouse scene. Reading the similarities in Arnav and Khushi and your pondering on the mistakes they make really got me emotional. Oh and I loved what you say about hate being a face of their love. Thanks a lot for writing this!

What should I say I just Love IPK and my craziness.πŸ˜†

Love Love your comments.Thank You Dil se.

Awww..I got you emotional but that's  how I feel.
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Durga πŸ€—

Thnx and Zahe naseeb khabi ...humare Bhag jage aur aap padhare..
Love your comments,yes a small yet powerful scene of Anjali and Khushi.Glad you liked the connections πŸ˜› and more happy wali jhuppi being on same page with me because I am thinking out of Patri all the time.❀️ Thnx

Enjoyed the read Faiqa. Felt good to see that at so many points we are thinking alike vis-a-vis Khushi's actions. Chalo meri gaadi patri par hi hai. πŸ˜† My comments in blue. πŸ˜Š And oh, needless to say, awesome edits. πŸ˜³

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
wiwy my riddler yeh kya kia tum ne Heer Ranjha ki tasweer laga keh...you should've give me this before...I would write the whole Book on it.πŸ˜† You know how Pagal I am behind these things, and when I saw that shadow the only thing came to me his mother when she was making him understand how Roses and Thorns are part of life yet don't destroy roses if thorns are bothering you.

indeed the curtains of mistrusts are closing the gaps and keeping them safe , in the embrace of each other.
Thnx for such a lovely review.❀️ 
I was so caught up in the enchanting world of your analysis that I was sorry when it ended.😭 You know I can go on reading you FaiquπŸ€—
Everything you wrote was beautiful faiqu: the triquetra getting stronger, Khushi's inability to look into Anjali's eyes, shyam's dailogue from eps 30, the comparison to the guesthouse episode, the role of the sisters, food as the centre of ego and a proof that they were affected by each other till realization struck and the curtain of mistrust was lifted to bind accords of trust and haq! Love is such a powerful emotion. how long could they have denied it? The thought of losing the person, of causing harm was so unbearable to both of them.
All the edits are great Faiqu,especially the shadow one.. In fact I have seen such a pose in a Heer Ranjha painting too! 
Thanks dear guruji, for opening up a new world of thought on love and its bindings and the understandings that only love can bring. Brilliant!⭐️

And here is the Heer Ranjha painting I was talking about! Uncanny in its similarity to Khushi bending over Arnav in her love and concern, hai na?!
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

Thanks Kate. The SBS was also OTT like Khushi!πŸ˜† But our man looked so hot in his faint

Thnx Kate love this SBS segment😊 
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

hi faiqa,

you mentioned the maternal thing... that was lovely.

😊 Thank You

i willdiffer from you only to teh extent of saying that no, i don't think khushi's reaction in this instance was written keeping her character in mind... her anger i understabnd and is completely justified. in fact, later when after kidnap he mentioned contract to keep her back and she got upset, i wish they had her saying as much, instead of making her say to dm that she was not angry about that when she was.

khushi is mad at him. she seeks to push him. she wants answers. she wants to release her own frustration. all fine. but i did not feel they wrote the action well. khushi was running a day before thinking he might have the wrong medicine... her heart sings when she sees him eating food she has made, licking his fingers in fact. somehow, i don't understand how that khushi will not care that her diabetic husband has eaten nothing the whole day.

i do agree absolutely that asr did not eat not because he is incapable of buying himself food, but because khushi's reaction and unquiet is getting to him... he hates to watch her suffer, he hates being treated the way she'd treating him... yet he can't bring himself to say what's the cause of his "chot". i read it as he can't face it and he can't bring himself to say it to khushi, the pain is too intense...

I see what you see but I do have a slight different opinion here.You are missing the dots in between.
In BLUE it is not a day before when she was running upstairs for saving him from meds...it was right after Holi where she knows some connection did develop but what She had no clue except some cues but he did remember everything and that's why it hurt him when she said all blah in the room and I hate you but his behavior is soft after that till HEER Ranjha comes...
In Red It was again after Holi where she promised him she will not go away and 300 rupees come in her brain to pay him back and all and she sees her Man eating her food.

Then what ,he tells her he doesn't care of her tears and she declares she won't waste on him after Anjali's love for her which rages him as Khushi is the one who is after her marriage and his Di is thinking like that for this two timer.Yes patch up happened but Layer of disbelief and chot on her heart is laminating here.

BUT then what...He showed her his EGOISTIC side when he hides his voice for not letting her have a credit and she was in deep guilty to be the reason of it and here he SHOWED her he doesn't care of her emotions and her concerns and her feeling bad.Think from her POV , may be from his side it was a FAKE or whatever.She was angry and all and here he comes and confesses "sahi aur galat ka koi matlab nahi ...iss baat ka keh main hamesha hamesha tum se..." and that makes her ecstatic because she wanted to hear this for a long time but he made her frustrated ever than before by denying all and above all he shatters her on the stairs again with his rude and arrogant attitude and leaves her hanging in between Do dhari talwar...

She has so many laminated layers of disbeliefs and shattered hopes , her creating a WALL against him is so natural and well deserved.He needs some spank here regardless he is hurt and all but from her side "sirf khamoshi " of her attitude is justifiable from my side.

loved the connection you make with guest house and the two sisters' and their role in keeping these two together.

para in purple and last para, both on relationship... lovely. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Once again Thnx

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Episode 229:

PS: Getting nostalgic about that 4th promo and how this journey started.. then it seemed to fit perfectly with what transpired that night!

good connection to promo because of which I started watching this show.πŸ‘
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 230

From the night of soaring high in love, like Arnav, we literally slip down into reality. Panicky loud Khushi looks on while Arnav is still riled up. Did he think she played another trick which caused him to fall? Well devi maiyya has already played her master move and made him fall in love. It doesn't matter if khushi's extra oil makes him fall on the floor. An almost uncharacteristic outburst from Arnav which lasted but a second... A grimace and calming down once he realizes Khushi was in fact trying to take care of him.
he certainly didn't think that she deliberately did it. he saw her agony whole night. But he was annoyed at her extra care.

Looks like someone randomly decided we need a lighter tone in today's narration and the resulting snore was simply awkward. But why belittle such an awe inspiring display of love? If Anjali needed to witness Khushiji's concern there were multitude of ways much more subtle to show it than have her fall asleep this abruptly. I notice Payal also always asked Khushi "tum thik toh ho nah?". Of course it neither has Arnav's radiant charm or Barun's impeccable style πŸ˜‰ ..  though it does have a lot of elder sisterly concern...
it was funny how khushi was snoring in standing position. 
My hayee and uff at the description of the irresistible man.πŸ˜† 
do you think Payal was concern for khushi? Most of the time she remained busy pleasing her mean MIL.

Not too far away another elder sister catches up with a worn out looking brother..His hair still greasy ..greasy with oil or gel? πŸ˜† Anjali reminds chote of Khushiji staying up the whole night to look after him.. "pata hai di".. The faint stress on hai. He does not like it.. an uncharacteristic show of vulnerability.How much all this affects him! Befitting choice of word by Anjali.."Jeevansathi".. her eyes already have seen that this bond of marriage will survive a lifetime. Khushi will remain by Arnav's side to have and to hold , for better for worse, in sickness and in health . One word encompassing all that a wife and husband are to each other.. companions in the journey of life..

The child actor is not too bad.. But why was mami instigating Babli? Payash's saccharine smiles leave me with a feeling of diabetes. Although I quite like Akash and Payal but can we have less sugar piliij..πŸ˜†

Near the poolside in their small little world .. an almost demure wife walks up behind Mr Raizada.. tender halting "Chai?" and you can almost feel something ticking in Arnav's brains.. In a deep voice masking hundreds of emotions causing hundreds of emotions "Swami nai kahogi?"  ..calculated expression.."kaisa laga bina galati kiye guilty feel karna?" Unknowingly Arnav gives us a glimpse of what is in his heart. His belief that Khushi deserved all the sadness yet his inability to remain unaffected by it. The guilt eating him up from inside of causing pain. The har baar of how her tears discompose him. And in the foreground the fluid graceful movements of taking a glass of water and having his medicine. hayee again. uff how sexy he is! hai na. Apse bhi khoobsurat apki andaz hai.  Maybe his subconscious self already realizing now he has all the more reason to take care of himself for the sake of one other.
Arnav saw her turbulence. So he didn't want to make her feel guilty. 

Their hands have to touch because of all the searing untold unexplained chemistry. beautifully said. Barun and Sanaya's chemistry is too magical, never saw such chemistry before. We hear a familiar strumming of the title song and look upon a flustered wife unsure of where all this is leading. "oh tum pareshan ho ri thi"? The last time he said this in the exact same place it was followed by some of the most breathtaking moments the show gave us. A name on someone's crimson mehendi adorned hand..and a lagi shart which spread a blazing crimson hue on a cheek and kept us all sleepless with dhak dhaks for nights to come..great observation.  Khushi can't seem to decide between hurt or anger as she points out how chalaak the man is. "chalaak" nai "shatir" .. after all I am Arnav Singh Raizada ..the pretense of nonchalance.. The hint of a smirk is the only clear sign of the pride he wears in the name he bears and all that he has made it stand for. Am trying to remember if I was convinced that he was lying the first time I watched this. I think I was as clueless as Khushi. Though unlike her I had a strong unshakable belief that even if he was tricking her he must have endured torture each second of the endless night. 

When for the first time I saw Anjali peering from far was wondering what all would she end up overhearing.  Would something else slip from the lips of this estranged couple ? Would the heavily guarded almost forgotten secret of the contract marriage come out in the open? Then for quite some time I thought Anjali herself would be hurt or enraged on behalf of Khushi that Arnav tricked them all. So what happened next was quite a surprise and a really heart touching one at that.. 
anjali was a strange character. So I didn't expect much from her. It's true that  before Shyam's revealation she always tried o bring Arnav and Khushi closer.

I guess whenever Anjali wears this yellow saree she is extra wise like the time she tried to explain to Khushi Faiqa can tell you better.  how her brother did not like display of love but needed it just the same. They are wrong when they say the photograph, a memory of yesteryear, is the only thing they brought with them from Sheesh Mahal. They brought something far more precious.. They brought each other.. And the love that helped both to survive. In one case a love that ensured a person would be able to keep her innocent idealistic beliefs.. And in the other case a love that ensured a person would leave no room for luck..no room for failure.. the certainty to excel.. "matlab?"..beautiful thought. but i wonder why didn't Anjali fix the broken frame? rueful and abashed chote stood in front off the all knowing gentle condescending di.. A heavy weight settling in.. constricting breath as he utters an urgent "Khushi?".. An irrefutable irrepressible eagerness to know whatever di has to say about her..  Am surprisingly touched by this beautiful depiction of what some might consider an almost mundane relationship. His sister understands him. "Ab bhi humein humare chote ki jhalak in aakhon mein nazar aati hai".. 
i wish if she would've understood him like this forever.

A fourteen year orphaned adolescent could be this thoughtful and dependable. No surprises that the man we see today is this perceptive and selfless. A man who carries all burdens single handedly with such a high sense of morality in his unique way that he was in deep remorse when he did something unjust. Who forces himself to learn to say sorry and mean it. Not just with Khushi but he also apologized to Payal for breaking her wedding and to buaji and amma for unintentionally hurting them. A man capable of facing the truth head on. Be it the decision to tell di about Shyam's treachery or come clean with Lavanya once he realized how unfair he had been about their relationship. A man feared for his anger in office but also revered for his ability. Loyal to a mami whom everyone takes for granted. Kindhearted to a little stranger who wanted pigeons to fly to be reassured that her world would be all right. A man who had confidence to engage in astonishing gentle yet drop dead teasing courting, but also a boy too new and scared to bare his soul to the one he loved still brave enough to take the leap of faith. Ok am definitely digressing now..
Absolutely loved what you said about ASR. In the facade of his shrewdness, he was actually a man of golden heart.

We get treated to a soothing shot of a brother and his sister looking into the mirror.. do they see their past? or can they visualize their future? .. A chagrined self conscious feeling of exposure seems to catch Arnav offgaurd ..  On my first watch my mouth formed a Khushi style "haw he was lying?" followed by "yeaaa he said all this to make her feel better".. The sometimes bewildered, often clumsy, spirited when needed and bewitching always was the Khushi who gave him sukoon. Arnav was willing to lie so that his feisty fully of life Khushi came back. Incoherent to his own self and too scared to admit again all that is within his heart he is still ready to damn himself to spare her the guilt. And what cannot hide in the mystic recesses of those eyes or in his slightly awestruck look has been caught by his di. The complicated introvert stands enthralled by the discovery of all that he sees in Arnav's reflection and I gaze on captivated by Barun Sobti's performance.. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

For some crazy reason I get reminded of these lines from a comic book turned movie, Dark Knight .. "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.".. Aranav Singh Raizada does not need acceptance or gratitude. He will silently bear everything and go to any lengths to protect the ones he loves.  And somewhere while watching the last scene a realization has hit me that being good , as the term seems to imply, is highly overrated. You don't require to mouth promises, follow customs, like kids, be kind to everyone around you, agree to conventions or even embrace religion to be a good person or an exemplary icon of love .. it sounds like an understatement but all you need is a good decent heart.. and on this rewatch I am learning this invaluable lesson of life from a 27 year old fictional character Arnav Singh Raizada. At this point actually hurts to call him or for that matter any of them a figment of someone's imagination. In only 20 mins they manage to become more real than a lot of the real people that take up the rest of the 1420 minutes of my day..

Finally Shyam's face in the foreground and sinister music in the background leaves us with an unsettling feeling.. except that we know none of all this that Shyam did was ever significant enough to matter or actually ever made any sense at all..

very thoughtful take.
Loved so much how you described Arnav's character in a very poignant way.
all the lines I marked bold grabbed my attention and my comments are in purple.
The edits are beautiful.
This lines are my most favorite,
 Aranav Singh Raizada does not need acceptance or gratitude. He will silently bear everything and go to any lengths to protect the ones he loves. 
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
@Faiqa~
thnaks for reading my 229.
i loved what you said about Anjali. weak are really zalim.πŸ˜† can't agree more.
tasveer se ishq! what to do, I'm so much in love with him. His tasveer is imprinted in my heart for eternity.

I love u the way u are , I did explain that in my 228 which you adored so much and see that is the thing they are developing, a haq to make her realize so she had no reason to be angry with him and she will understand the honesty and purity of HIS heart to just embrace it and he will do it when she will be out of his sight and he will dream every single minute to be with her ...Khushi mujhe laga main sapna dekh raha noon" and Khushi's answer made me leaping in joy "yeh sapna hi tou hai Arnavji"...because this is HIS sapna which he is seeing through his eyes but through her lips, through her soul which is ready and calling to mingle with him every single second and that understanding came to me through my knowledge of Sufi and eternity Ishq kalam which I indulge so much.This is Hasti ko mitana aur Ishq-e-rab ko lana ...at that point you don't see any aib , any flaw in anything , just Ishq hi Ishq ...as Indi pit that Qawali on Bday...as Khuda bande se karta hai isq aur Banda Khuda se ...because this extreme side made you do things and made you feel and see things through your internal eye and very few can do ishq , love is common.That is the reason Qawali of IPK...is my fav in epi 4 which describes every state of their future love in it.πŸ‘

what a lovely thought! what a perfect way to depict Arnav and Khushi's divine love. 
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
@Indi~
thanks for reading my 229.
Khushi did take care of ASR's meal? Wasn't she? After coming back from hostage, several times we saw khushi brought coffee for him. And the breakfast in bed was so cute! i think she also used to take lunch for him in the office. Remember she brought a very simple meal on his birthday, what made him annoyed.
Plz do write a story on this topic.

you are right about Anjali. Shyam was her weakness. Didn't she suspect anything about Shyam? Sure she did. she lost so much in her life, so she wanted to stay in denial.

He is going to Singapore! you don't know, I'm accompanying him? I know my Indi aunty will take care of us so well. she will not get jelly shelly to see us together.πŸ˜‰
Great to know about your nani's story. She seems such an inspirational woman!
Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Beautiful IndiπŸ‘

Every night they have Diwali and every day they worship sun.Seriously I am not disappointed at all with these epis and with anything.This was necessary to take out frustration and making each other aware of their inner turmoil.

My comments are in between , Lovely songπŸ‘

hi faiqa,

thanks so much.

i loved that thought you had about the first time he opened his eyes, in connection with this essentially lonely man in world full of people noise glamour clamour. 
the opening of his eyes and closing of hers had a sense of in tandem, of a momentous event, something getting born, something dying, something starting...

only she could disrupt his facade and enter him... he tried so hard not to let her in, but it was not to be. only he could make her feel like a woman, be a woman, she tried her best to get out of is life, but...

some day we should do a thread devoted to episode one... there is just too much in it and a lot of great craft too.

haw, you being mean to my asr  πŸ˜†and saying he could have eaten at work.. he could have, of course πŸ˜†, but she had managed to get under his skin and irritate him no end.. he just wants her love, and yet they must hurt each other... 

and i never can forget that something is imprinted on his mind... chhap gaya hai... that chot is what he handles every day... can't bring himself to tell her, maybe because he is so scared that it might be true, she loves another.

what i meant by, it was a simple scene... a husband unwell and a wife taking care of him through the night... is that as an idea it is not new, often to show love between two people this situation is used.
but here they got so much out f it... and since direction and acting really created the layers, i praised it... they layered and made it beautifully complex. 

diwali and sun worship... πŸ˜† niice.

i love the epis even if i can't agree with the writing in many places... again, the acting always makes it plausible, believable, beautiful.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago