Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

polly_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
i heard madhuri has very good chemistreeeπŸ˜› with nasiruddin shah in her upcoming movie ...

dont know much about the movie... but promos didnt look appealing to me.

Edited by polly_mk - 10 years ago
Kranu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: polly_mk

just fair skin or Kapoor connection!

i do think she gets some credit for becoming an established actress in BW. Maybe doing a lot of different types of movies...and not just serious roles/movies... helped her stay in the game.

Now it wud be interesting to see how far she can sustain. I wud say she went thru a very bad phase...where all her movies were flop and she was not appreciated for her role either. Then she kind of did a comeback with jab we met. so I wudnt call it sustaining... more like typical highs and lows of the industry. she got lucky to get some good roles after her series of flops and eye candy roles...and since she has natural acting talent (which i feel karishma lacked) ... she did justice to those roles...and became a big star heroine again recently.

I think both, beauty was added advantage to get movies even after flops which she got lucky with roles after
 you know my dad said  beautiful when she was introduced. Eventhought her acting was bad at that time he used to like her πŸ˜†
Ya Jab We Met was her turning point to her otherwise she would have lost in BW, she is spontaneous in dancing and acting compared to karishma. Even when ppl say Karishma is great dancer but something grace lacks in her dancing.
Edited by Kranu - 10 years ago
VasuS thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey lo ... Peeping in ... Bookmarking ... Bye bye ...
polly_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kranu

Even when ppl say Karishma is great dancer but something grace lacks in her dancing.

Neither sister is that good a dancer.πŸ˜† Especially karishma ... i agree...she lacked grace!
ya i find kareena more spontaneous and natural performer.
my best friend in college was a huge karishma fan...she found her absolutely beautiful and great actress and dancer!  πŸ˜† uff i had such a tough time listening to her going on and on about someone who I didn't like at all...and just cud not agree with her on that...but cant say much in fear of hurting her! πŸ˜†
polly_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: VasuS

Hey lo ... Peeping in ... Bookmarking ... Bye bye ...

HHBB!
polly_mk thumbnail
Come to think of it ...there were many things that I did not agree on with that best friend of mine! I'm wondering now...how come we were best friends! πŸ€”πŸ˜†
polly_mk thumbnail
Btw are you sure karishma's parents didn't want her to be an actress?? i always thot they forcefully pushed her into the field even when she was completely unprepared...and maybe it wasnt even her calling! i mean she was so young when she joined! 16!! And she didn't seem like actress material at all!
Once I had read an IV of karishma...and felt very bad how ignorant she was about a lot of things... her limited knowledge on things...and she didnt know how to use computers or anything. She missed out on a lot of things in her youth. I think her mother pressurized her too much into the field at a young age...and later also tried to control her personal life. i sympathize with her sometimes.
recently saw her in anupama chopra show. was happy to see her as a confidant, radiant & stylish middle aged woman! I saw a charisma & confidence in her now...which I never saw before!
Edited by polly_mk - 10 years ago
temperance12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

With regards to beauty, I find neither Karishma nor Kareena pretty. Though I prefer Karishma's face shape better to Kareena's.

polly_mk thumbnail

Originally posted by: temperance12

With regards to beauty, I find neither Karishma nor Kareena pretty. Though I prefer Karishma's face shape better to Kareena's.

yeah ...agree
temperance12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Karishma was 17 when she did her first movie... I was a kid then so didn't think much of it, but now I find it really troubling how as a teenager she was sexualised by the industry more importantly her mother!