Adaalat

Ronit Da surely wanted Varun's character back on the show - Romit Raj

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Ronit Da surely wanted Varun's character back on the show - Romit Raj

Romit Raj who has returned to Sony Entertainment Television's legal drama Adaalat (Contiloe Telefilms) after a break finally clears the air about his recent absence. "I wish to make it clear that all reports which stated that I had left the above Contiloe Entertainment project for a possible Bigg Boss appearance were wrong. I did not want to enter the locked house in Lonavala. And above all, I will never leave a show which has helped my 11 year long career this much. This role enables me to take on different avatars. I myself was surprised that my character Varun was eased out. I was sitting at home for two or three months till I was brought back. Here I will accept that I was very disappointed as well, for I had been part of Adaalat for two years and then one fine day I am informed that my character will be killed ."

So how did the comeback happen? "I guess they received a lot of audience feedback requesting that my character returns." When asked point blank whether the creatives had erred in replacing him? Romit smartly says, "The creatives first need to be first credited with having made my character so popular. It was casual decision to bump of Varun in the show to create a twist with an intention of garnering more ratings. But then they brought me back on public demand."

He is also full of praise for Adaalat lead actor Ronit Roy. "When you work with a senior actor like Ronit Da you learn a lot. We have a great equation going and the chemistry between us is there to be seen on screen." He also accepts that may be Ronit had a word with the creatives which might have also influenced their decision in bringing him back. "He wanted me back for sure."

Looking ahead Romit wants to try negative roles in films and positive roles in TV. "But I will try to work out my dates with Adaalat as far as possible."

Great going Romit!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monishasri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
but what happened in between?😕