Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: DiyaS

I agree completely with both of you ... I am glad Sanaya did Chhanchhan instead of sitting at home ... she tried something very different, it didn't succeed, but no one can fault her for not trying. Also Khushi and Arshi left a huge impact in people's minds, so it would have been difficult for her to replace that in a hurry. 

It's been a year since we lost Khushi, the memory has faded somewhat, especially since Chhanchhan happened in the interim. Now Sanaya fans who watched Chhanchhan just for Sanaya are ready to see her again in something different, we would follow her anyway ... and the Sanaya fans who did not like Chhanchhan because she was too different from Khushi, or because they don't like saas -bahu saga or family dramas, or because it was a badly written show, or whatever other reason they had for NOT watching Chhanchhan ( all justified reasons, and their own choice, no problem with that) are even more keen to see her in a love story again ... because they know they don't want to see her in anything else. In a way, they are more Khushi fans than Sanaya fans ... (again not meant as a negative comment, because we all like actors and shows for different reasons ... it's everyone's prerogative ... ) so they want to see Sanaya do something similar, be it the character or the genre. And because CC happened, and they don't want that again, they are more positive about Paro. Otherwise, there would be a lot more comparisons between Paro and Khushi. 

As far as Sanaya's professional standing goes, I think bkamber said it right 
My opinion - CC the show while not successful, CC the character added a layer to Sanaya's acting portfolio.  Instead of sitting at home, she remained active, tried a different role and remained appreciated by those that matter in the Industry and face it... Mr Tewari waited for her...his Parvati for his Rangrasiya. 

Whether or not CC clicked for the masses, Sanaya's portrayal of Chhanchhan was appreciated for her acting, and for the fact that CC was again very different from Khushi in terms of Sanaya's acting skills, despite some similar traits in the characters, again underlining her acting abilities. And the fact that Saurabh Tewai waited for Sanaya to do his Parvati, says it all ... even back in Jan, he had no other actress in mind for the role, and in August, the moment the news of CC wrapping up came out, he was quick off the mark to approach her again. While we had articles about choices for the male lead, there were no rumors floating about any other names for Paro, it was always touted as Sanaya's next show even before she had officially confirmed. 

If, in your opinion CC had nothing, IPK in my opinion had domestic violence portrayed as romance
Again, true ... I don't think CC had nothing ... I think it was a good concept that went haywire in execution because it wasn't given time to be developed before the channel rushed it on air. And IPK had a lot of problems, it was not the perfect show that it was made out to be. The first nine months were close to perfect, the latter nine months were sustained only by the Sarun chemistry. This is not the place to discuss that, so no more from me on that front ๐Ÿ˜›

I agree with this completely! I H A T E D Chhanchahn๐Ÿฅฑ.. but I loved Sanaya way more than I hated the show! So i watched n hell i even found things to appreciate most of the days!๐Ÿ˜†

So u can bet that I am one of those fans who r more ecstatic than ever to see her do another Khushi.. figuratively speaking i mean cz Paro & Khushi seem to have nothing in common except a genre.. which is exactly what i wanted her to do next!!

love that line in red : that pretty much sums up the whole situation..โค๏ธ

Anyway i guess every1 agrees that thing on IPK, 1st 9 months was as perfect as anything can get..nothing can surpass that perfection.. but rest was as u said 100% SaRun that made the show carry on..
n yup stopping at this lol.. won't get in to it anymore..

The one thing I am also glad for CC was that it acted as the buffer b/w IPK & her for TRP audience and for every1 else too. Also it made it apparent that we loved her in romances and now have driven every1 crazy with the anticipation of another superb story like in MJHT & IPK with her in it โค๏ธ
princessunara thumbnail

Originally posted by: DiyaS

I noticed the alta and not bruises on the big screen ... that was pretty evident, and we had such a huge discussion on it, so I looked for that ๐Ÿ˜†

I noticed Paro's left handed swipe in the first run of the promo itself ... Sanaya is right handed so I did wonder. On the big screen, I noticed that her right hand looks very dark/ in shadow ... is she hurt or something in the right hand? 

Didn't notice Rudra gave her the water bottle with his left hand ... saw it again and noticed that. But he fires his gun with the right hand. Could have been done for camera angles only ... 

Missing water bottle ... I need to watch the promo again for that ... what hard work ๐Ÿ˜†

Dia di continuing it here! oh i actually shared another snap of her feet from another angle yesterday and then changed parties to Alta too! its a design of leaves on her foot.

Here u go clearer snaps.. She has beautiful feet! Gods really took their own sweet time to create her to perfection! โค๏ธ

PS: click on snap to get real size :)

PPS: I can't believe i am actually taking snaps of her feet with such dedication!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
ragzz. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Congrats on the 11th thread guys ๐Ÿ˜ƒ โค๏ธ
princessunara thumbnail

btw lol Rudra is right handed he holds the bottle with left hand and unscrews the lid with right hand ๐Ÿคฃ

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: princessunara

btw lol Rudra is right handed he holds the bottle with left hand and unscrews the lid with right hand ๐Ÿคฃ

So Team Rightie wins for both ๐Ÿ˜†
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Good afternoon everyone ๐Ÿค— I really enjoy going through the pages,reading the various discussions! Makes my day <3 ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿค—

Credit-Twitter๐Ÿ˜ณ

radiation thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: golpokobita

I just came across your comment and couldn't stop myself from writing ..

I have the same feeling about CC. I think, whether the show was a good one or not, can be debated. But certainly, it added to Sanaya's acting portfolio. She was able to create a different identity beyond that 18 year old innocent Khushi, (who doesn't exist in the real life). CC's character was what we can relate to ourselves in every possible way!  That was very important a character for Sanaya to do in between IPK and RR.

Otherwise, however good RR comes out, had it been immediately after IPK, she would have faced unnecessary comparisons..

With regards to the line in blue, i have never heared anyone to say it this way. I loved the show but on this, I can, in no way, disagree with you. This is one thing that prevented me from watching the show for a certain time...

From the records of ST, I hope when RR shows the plights of women, they show them as real social problems,  not as a form of romance!

agree with you... CC also gave chance to Sanaya to have a good learning experience with good Co-actors like Supriya ji and others...

Edited by radiation - 10 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: princessunara

Dia di continuing it here! oh i actually shared another snap of her feet from another angle yesterday and then changed parties to Alta too! its a design of leaves on her foot.

Here u go clearer snaps.. She has beautiful feet! Gods really took their own sweet time to create her to perfection! โค๏ธ

PS: click on snap to get real size :)

PPS: I can't believe i am actually taking snaps of her feet with such dedication!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Yesss, the second and especially the third snaps make it very clear ... it's alta all right.

Again attention to detail ... in most villages, they would use the traditional methods of applying alta, which is either by hand or by very coarse brushes made from the hair from a camel's tail, or whatever other animal they rear. The fine designs made by mehndi cones are very much an urban innovation ... so if they're planning to show a village which is still backward in terms of culture and traditions, they're going about it right. 
Guinea thumbnail
Something that I posted in the previous thread also , very nice work...๐Ÿ˜Š
Credit to MuffinSobti

Edited by Guinea - 10 years ago
kashi11 thumbnail
I am a silent reader of this Forum but find this discussion interesting.
In my view, Sanaya's Chanchan stint helped for the main reason that is a learning experience. I am not qualified to talk much of Chanchan because I did not watch much of it. While I could watch Khushi even when the character was badly mauled and the story all haywire and I could do so only because it was Sanaya, I couldn't do the same for Chanchan because of the lack of story and the poor execution. In that sense Sanaya's acting couldn't rescue it for me. But that is not her fault - an actor needs a good script and direction to deliver and Sanaya herself has admitted that an actor cannot deliver successfully all the time.  But I am sure she can chalk this down to a learning experience - there is perhaps no actor who has not faced failure, but failures help you grow and learn. 

Like some others I too wanted her to take some time and choose wisely and was apprehensive of her her signing another venture so quickly. The genre does not worry me as almost every show will have a love story within it and if one is a lead then the love story will involve the lead too.   The difference in how the story is told and the execution and in this I hope the character is written very differently to Khushi. While I think Sanaya is very good at complex dialogue delivery and has very clear diction and can use voice modulation, I think she does very well in emotional scenes which require minimal dialogue - she can use her eyes, expressions and body language in place of words to make the audience connect.  I am watching the IPK reruns and Khushi's unhappiness over being asked to marry Shyam, her confusion over her feelings for Arnav, and her the conflict over pleasing or defying her family are all so wonderfully conveyed without any dialogues or crying.  I would love to see  Sanaya doing similarly in RR.  She is capable and talented and I hope she is given every opportunity to show that and be a character that can connect.