Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: MischiefManaged

@Jodhabai: Sorry for butting in your conversation but I think their love story wasn't build up on purpose. Even in Romeo and Juliet I think it was more of a "lust at first sight" then "love at first sight" (lust came first and then eventually came love) and since this movie is based on R&J, I think "lust at first sight" was the best way to go for the movie. 

I can understand meeting and feeling an instant attraction but I think SLB went overboard with the kissing, touching, etc. in portraying that.  I mean they meet and suddenly the next scene is Leela running into his arms on the balcony like they've been together forever.  You can portray attraction without going overboard which I thought he did.  I thought the love story lacked because of it.  Going by the reactions here I guess it works for most. 
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: JodhaBai

I can understand meeting and feeling an instant attraction but I think SLB went overboard with the kissing, touching, etc. in portraying that.  I mean they meet and suddenly the next scene is Leela running into his arms on the balcony like they've been together forever.  You can portray attraction without going overboard which I thought he did.  I thought the love story lacked because of it.  Going by the reactions here I guess it works for most. 

I have to seen it yet. Not me😲
briahna thumbnail

thats the power of LUST kaho ya FIRST LOVE, OR ATTRACTION...young girl, young boy..it can easily happen...
you don't think and then love..you just love and lust.
i am glad that bhansali presented them this way, rather than taking a safe route...or repeating samir and nandini, or paro or devdas...where love was so pure...
but wait a min,,,love was pure here too...
sometimes ppl spend their whole life finding the right one, but some find them in a moment...

TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
PC's item song was a disappointment, i hated those s**tty expressions.
briahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: ducktales

PC's item song was a disappointment, i hated those s**tty expressions.

well in this case pc HAS delivered.πŸ˜†
JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Someone summed it up better than what I have been trying to do
Naomi Datta @nowme_datta

Scorching Chemistry. Yes. Compelling Love Story. No. Wham Bam Ham Thank You Mam. Yes. Beautiful. Er Ok. Bizarre. Yes. Totally. Ram Leela.

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
may i post this here 

yeh laalishq yeh malal ishq yeh aib ishq yeh bair ishq- my thoughts & review

• First Things First  RamLeela is excellent 4/5 bhansali is back with a bang Wohooo I am proud to say that I was one of the few who had faith in it since the start when many dissed it  even before seeing
  • Secondly I am a sucker for intense love stories and this one fitted the bill perfectly as and we didn't had any in last few years this good it's going to my favs list. Also I absolutely adore Bhansali films (minus guzarish) so if you do not agree than you may consider me biased but I am trying to be as honest as possible. This is Typical Masala with dose of everything but what a fantastic mixup of all genres not like the ones who gives you headache by the end of it
  • Let me tell you NOBODY ELSE COULD HAVE BEEN RAM & LEELA besides Ranveer & Deepika it's like thy were born to play ram leela, However  the Small Hiccup in the film I ranveer's drunk scenes they aren't of bhansali standard probably ranveer's weakest acting in those 2 scenes from his entire career. I cannot come with terms that Bhansali okayed & finalized those 2 scenes it's is like somebody  messed up big time on mixing & edit table and used the wrong takes in final cut I refuse to believe slb okayed those shots because I KNOW THAT RANVEER got it all in him I don't know what's the reason behind that but they just stick out like sour grapes & kinda kills his  Brilliance in the rest of film
  • Coming to Deepika  what a fitting finale, this  year belongs to this lady get ready for winning all awards girl. Now I also want to add as many of you know already I wasn't a fan till last year not at all but but she forced me to change my opinion and today am PROUD of her and she is one of my most fav people in BTown right now that's as honest as it get. She Deserves to get a lot of praise for playing leela so well now again why i prefer leela over naina or meena even though i loved those too  isthat Those chracters were relatively easy to play hence I would like her to win for Ramleela Than chennai or YJHD.
  • Also RAMLEELA belongs to the Ladies hands down. I would like to Bow down to supriya ji, richa , barkha & ofcourse deepika. The ladies Own the film & how they all stood out & were so Strong in film am in awww another reason for me that I Loved the film so much is the ladies are portrayed as Such STRONG & Brave ladies they are daring, they have guts they aren't shy to speak their minds they aren't afraid to take risks.They are fierce. Spoiler* watch out for the scene where richa goes to talk to ram & what happens there, The scene where barkha bravely shuts supriya & gives her child to Kill, also her run for her izzat. Leela for handling so much & dealing with things*
  • I've never been scared of a film character ever but this one i was literally shivering during one of the scenes of Supriya & deeps I went light headed and felt i'll pass out I was so scared of her( read un readmore if you want to know which scene) & felt she'll just come out of screen 
  • And guys don't worry ishqiyan dishqiyan fits perfectly in the plot and doesn't loom odd
  • Now there are lot of parallels with ishaqzaade esp the climax but that could've been better caz ishaqzaaade is very fresh & it's gives you the dejavu feeling one thing i want to say is That LEELA IS WAY MORE STRONGER & had a lot more self respect than Zoya.Also,not for a sec Ram had any bad intention for Leela liek Parma 
  • Also i felt that Ram loved leela way more than leela did, Leela initially used ram to get away from the rishta aswell as for physical attraction but ram constantly loved her, Leela made peace after the initial outburst in 2nd half a lot easily but than i kinda take it as it shows us how strong leela is. now i'll add after you guys have seen it that where i felt she  fell for ram.
  • this is the movie i want to discuss a lot 
  • & don't worry guys ishqiyan dishqiyan fits very well in plot and doesn't seem odd at all
  • on the whole 4/5 as i said earlier i am taking the 1 mark off caz of those 2 scenes as well as lal ishq wasn't used to it's full i think but than again it makes sense where it comes and how but i am biased towards it  & RAMLEELA IS THE FILM OF TEH YEAR FOR ME SO FAR
  • Now few scenes if you've seen the film you can read and i would to point out& have a question
  • *spoiler* that photo wala scene *sobs* That shows Ram just loved leela & nothing else he kept mentioning her over & over in various discussions while leela didn't after the initial
  • the scene i mentioned earlier was when supriya cuts leela ke finger i did not expect it & i am scared of blood and all btu i can see it in films but that just gave me a heart attack and i honestly felt this was it & i am gonna die for few secs it wasshocking & just Terrible and the way leela goes out in rain & then falls i was like i am dying cazi was scared not caz of fangirling
  • Now i have a question when the guys tell ram about leela ki finger did hecut his own finger too caz later itwas bandaged?
  • Also when Leela asks him for his size in climax caz they had to prepare their suits for their last journey *sobs*
  • The Deadbodies in red & the dialogue leela ko vida to kia rama ke saath but not alive  & lal ishq playing
briahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: nadaanmasakalli

may i post this here 

yeh laalishq yeh malal ishq yeh aib ishq yeh bair ishq- my thoughts & review

• First Things First  RamLeela is excellent 4/5 bhansali is back with a bang Wohooo I am proud to say that I was one of the few who had faith in it since the start when many dissed it  even before seeing
  • Secondly I am a sucker for intense love stories and this one fitted the bill perfectly as and we didn't had any in last few years this good it's going to my favs list. Also I absolutely adore Bhansali films (minus guzarish) so if you do not agree than you may consider me biased but I am trying to be as honest as possible. This is Typical Masala with dose of everything but what a fantastic mixup of all genres not like the ones who gives you headache by the end of it
  • Let me tell you NOBODY ELSE COULD HAVE BEEN RAM & LEELA besides Ranveer & Deepika it's like thy were born to play ram leela, However  the Small Hiccup in the film I ranveer's drunk scenes they aren't of bhansali standard probably ranveer's weakest acting in those 2 scenes from his entire career. I cannot come with terms that Bhansali okayed & finalized those 2 scenes it's is like somebody  messed up big time on mixing & edit table and used the wrong takes in final cut I refuse to believe slb okayed those shots because I KNOW THAT RANVEER got it all in him I don't know what's the reason behind that but they just stick out like sour grapes & kinda kills his  Brilliance in the rest of film
  • Coming to Deepika  what a fitting finale, this  year belongs to this lady get ready for winning all awards girl. Now I also want to add as many of you know already I wasn't a fan till last year not at all but but she forced me to change my opinion and today am PROUD of her and she is one of my most fav people in BTown right now that's as honest as it get. She Deserves to get a lot of praise for playing leela so well now again why i prefer leela over naina or meena even though i loved those too  isthat Those chracters were relatively easy to play hence I would like her to win for Ramleela Than chennai or YJHD.
  • Also RAMLEELA belongs to the Ladies hands down. I would like to Bow down to supriya ji, richa , barkha & ofcourse deepika. The ladies Own the film & how they all stood out & were so Strong in film am in awww another reason for me that I Loved the film so much is the ladies are portrayed as Such STRONG & Brave ladies they are daring, they have guts they aren't shy to speak their minds they aren't afraid to take risks.They are fierce. Spoiler* watch out for the scene where richa goes to talk to ram & what happens there, The scene where barkha bravely shuts supriya & gives her child to Kill, also her run for her izzat. Leela for handling so much & dealing with things*
  • I've never been scared of a film character ever but this one i was literally shivering during one of the scenes of Supriya & deeps I went light headed and felt i'll pass out I was so scared of her( read un readmore if you want to know which scene) & felt she'll just come out of screen 
  • And guys don't worry ishqiyan dishqiyan fits perfectly in the plot and doesn't loom odd
  • Now there are lot of parallels with ishaqzaade esp the climax but that could've been better caz ishaqzaaade is very fresh & it's gives you the dejavu feeling one thing i want to say is That LEELA IS WAY MORE STRONGER & had a lot more self respect than Zoya.Also,not for a sec Ram had any bad intention for Leela liek Parma 
  • Also i felt that Ram loved leela way more than leela did, Leela initially used ram to get away from the rishta aswell as for physical attraction but ram constantly loved her, Leela made peace after the initial outburst in 2nd half a lot easily but than i kinda take it as it shows us how strong leela is. now i'll add after you guys have seen it that where i felt she  fell for ram.
  • this is the movie i want to discuss a lot 
  • & don't worry guys ishqiyan dishqiyan fits very well in plot and doesn't seem odd at all
  • on the whole 4/5 as i said earlier i am taking the 1 mark off caz of those 2 scenes as well as lal ishq wasn't used to it's full i think but than again it makes sense where it comes and how but i am biased towards it  & RAMLEELA IS THE FILM OF TEH YEAR FOR ME SO FAR
  • Now few scenes if you've seen the film you can read and i would to point out& have a question
  • *spoiler* that photo wala scene *sobs* That shows Ram just loved leela & nothing else he kept mentioning her over & over in various discussions while leela didn't after the initial
  • the scene i mentioned earlier was when supriya cuts leela ke finger i did not expect it & i am scared of blood and all btu i can see it in films but that just gave me a heart attack and i honestly felt this was it & i am gonna die for few secs it wasshocking & just Terrible and the way leela goes out in rain & then falls i was like i am dying cazi was scared not caz of fangirling
  • Now i have a question when the guys tell ram about leela ki finger did hecut his own finger too caz later itwas bandaged?
  • Also when Leela asks him for his size in climax caz they had to prepare their suits for their last journey *sobs*
  • The Deadbodies in red & the dialogue leela ko vida to kia rama ke saath but not alive  & lal ishq playing

first of all ...i want you to post often..good write up here.
πŸ‘

now highlighted. ...did he really cut his finger?...i dont think so..
whoaa..tell you the movies runs on high speed...this one needs to be seen again to really get the details. i am definitely catching this again...i will keep an eye on his finger..promise.πŸ˜†

Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

@Bold: Yea those were exactly my thoughts when those scenes came but then I was like oh well in the end I liked the movie so I guess I'll just ignore those thoughts of mine LOL πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: briahna

first of all ...i want you to post often..good write up here.
πŸ‘

now highlighted. ...did he really cut his finger?...i dont think so..
whoaa..tell you the movies runs on high speed...this one needs to be seen again to really get the details. i am definitely catching this again...i will keep an eye on his finger..promise.πŸ˜†

Yeah i noticed it a few times like in Nagada sang dhol & in few other scenes not sure if i was imagining but i want to know i think eh did caz in the scene where he comes and sees leela sleep & writes something on the glass with red i think that was his blood or maybe i was too out at that time as i said i kinda lost my senses i was scared after that scene so i lost concentration but i would like to know  & thank you for liking the write up:)