Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shutter thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

NK's family sounds cool!!!!!!

NK has grown up and fallen hard, very hard!!!!!!! Loved the small moments in between, they were cute...
Arnav - NK, Nk - Pooja, the family reunion...

Loved it!!!!!!! n its great to see u back...
RizArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Welcome back and congrats on the second thread.
It was so nice to see NK so excited and nervous at the same time. NK has indeed fallen hard. Loved NK and her lakdi's convo as well as NK and his Nannav's convo. The family reunion was beautiful. NKs dad is an impressive man. It was a superb update :)
nishu_shorna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
WOW...beautiful...Pooja is recovering...NK's patents are here now...I'm already loving them...just too good...now waiting for Monday...thanks for the pm...
pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing update after a long time.. loved it.. so NK's parents are here to see their nandu's lakdi.. loved the update.. 

thanks for pm 😊
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
First of all a Very Happy Diwali to you Aparna.

Loved this update. Beautiful. I actually went through the HRN series and then read this update. I always wanted Nandkishore to have this growth in the show. The way you and Indu write about the characters like NK and Akash, I wish you were the creatives. The show would have been beautiful and would have gotten the perfect closure. Everyone was butchered in the end and the main thing I feel bad is the creatives have not understood the characters as much as we have done. Lovely story. Take your own time and keep on writing. I love to read the magic of Raizadas as you weave it and will be a happy reader. And yes get back to the other OS also that you promised way back - About Lavanya's coming back, About Arnav - Khushi becoming parents, About Khushi - Akash's bonding. Oh yes, I am still counting on all your promises and holding you to them too. 
Gayuraj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
super update
missed dis story
thnks 4 d pm
crystal17 thumbnail
YOU ARE BACK.YOU ARE BACK...YOU ARE BACK👏
FINALLY...😃
I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH😭.
I LOVE THE WAY YOU WRITE AND OF COURSE WHAT YOU WRITE AND I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG ABOUT NK'S LOVE STORY 😊
OH ANS WHEN YOU FINISH THIS WHAT ABOUT DHRUV'S LOVE STORY😉
ANYWAYS I AM WAITING FOR WHAT MOHANTY WILL DO TO NK BEFORE SAYING YES TO THE WEDDING AND HOW WILL POOJA'S PARENTS TAKE  CARE OF THIS.
UPDATE SOON
AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Hello, guys! It sure is good to be welcomed back the way I was... love you all a lot :-)

Now, this special thanks goes out to Cute6, my loyal darling for unfailingly helping me catch the typos and grammar mistakes... thanks and a huge hug to you!

And to Sarada, who reminded me categorically of all the promised stories... Sarada, I'ven't forgotten, the outlines are very much alive and I'm raring to get on to Anjali's story. This one will wrap up in another 4-5 parts and it's Anjali Di's turn next :-)

And to all those who clamour for Dhruv's story, patience, girlies!!! He's a boy yet... his turn will come, in a few years, that is... a lot to write about before we reach there :-)

Now, here goes, NK's saga continues...

Scroll down for the English version (to be updated tomorrow)

Part 27

"Toh bolo, Nandu... iraada kya hai tumhara? Shaadi karna hai?"

The sudden blunt attack making NK gulp the hot tea down, he looked up at his father in consternation, only to see the broad grins on his parents' faces. Looking across the table at his nephew who was being served his tea by Khushi, Jagraj asked, "Kyun, Arnav beta, kya tumhe lagta hai ki humare Nandu shaadi karne ke liye ready hai? Mature enough?"

Glancing across at his cousin who sported the look of a deer caught in head-lights, Arnav smirked, "Uncle, yeh sach hai ki NK had a lot of growing up to do when he landed here." Looking up at his wife, who had squeezed his shoulder in a silent plea, in reassurance, he continued with a soft smile, "Par these past weeks toh issko badal diya hai. He has stood by that traumatised family like a rock. Mujhe nahi lagta ki that poor girl would have pulled through like this if she hadn't had NK's support. We're all very proud of him."

Leaning across from his seat, Akash put a comforting arm around an overwhelmed NK's shoulders and said, "Haan Bade papa. Main aur Payal toh iske transformation ki first-hand witnesses hain. Aapke bete ne toh yeh harsh test flying colours se pass kiye hain."

While his wife quietly sniffled into her hanky, a moist-eyed Jagraj smiled across at his son, "Toh kab le jaa rahe ho humein, Pooja se milne?"

A swift oppostion came from a totally unexpected quarter. "Excioose me, Jijaji. Hum ko laagat hain ki yeh hospitality visit thodi postpone honi chahiye. Woh kaa hain naah, woh bechaari ladki bahut hi upsetiya hai, about her faice, I means to say. Pehli baar apan father-in-law aur mother-in-law ko dikhaane ke liye ee faice hogi, yeh thought mein woh pareshaan hai. Humko pata hai, humein hospitality dooty jo karni padi, hello-hi, bye-bye."

Looking at her sister in surprise, Meena Mohanty asked, "Mannu, tum yeh kya keh rahi ho? She afraid to see us? She had an accident, why would she think that we'll hold it against her? Meri Nadu ki ladki hai, jald hi milna toh hai..."

It was the turn of the wisest voice in the family to guide her children and grandchildren through their confusion, and Devyani Singh Raizada spoke up from the head of the table, "Meena bitiya, zara soch lo, us bechaari ladki par kya beeti hai aur woh aap logan ko dekhne khaatir kitne bechain hogi, par hichkichaati hogi, apan soorat ko le kar. Yeh toh hoga hi... Aur ek baat humein aap donon ko kehna hai. Hum ko laagat hain ki reet-riwazon ke aadar karte hue, aap ko Pooja bitiya se milne se pehle unke mata-pita se mulakaat honi chahiye. Kyun Jagraj bitwa?"

Agreeing immediately to the suggestion, Jagraj said, "Ji, Maaji. Hum waise hi karenge." Turning to Arnav and NK, he asked, "Kahan hai woh log ab? Hospital? Or hotel?" And was left open-mouthed in surprise when Khushi piped up, "Nahi, nahi. Woh toh humare Buaji ke ghar par hai."

That was the cue for the whole plan cooked up by Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada to be unveiled before NK's gobsmacked parents and by the end of the narration by a red-faced Khushi, a roaring with laughter Jagraj looked across at Arnav who was leaning back in his chair grinning, and said, "Arnav beta, tumhari biwi ki toh jawab nahi. Looks like a match made in heaven, after all, you did need someone spirited to stand upto you and outwit you. Agar tumhari biwi tumhare tarah shaatir-dimag nahi hoti toh life ko spice hi nahi hoti. Mark my words, Arnav, she'll keep you on your toes for decades to come."

With the whole family bursting out laughing as they remembered the ASR-Khushi Kumari Gupta saga, Anjali quipped, "Arre Jagraj uncle, isi liye toh humare Chotte fida hai apni biwi par. Sab ko daraanewale ASR ko kaise sambhaalein, yeh koi unki patni se seekhe!"

And it was the biggest testament to the change that his wife had brought in him that instead of getting irritated and leaving the table in a huff, Arnav pulled her close to him and joined whole-heartedly in the ribbing happening around the table.

A few hours later, NK pulled the car to a stop in front of Madhumatiji's house. The family conference having come to a decision that this meeting should be kept private amongst the elders alone, only NK had accompanied his parents and his aunt and uncle. Leading them inside and introducing his parents to Buaji and Pooja's parents, NK excused himself and went off to sit with Bittu, who was watching the neighbourhood children play from the verandah.

The initial thaw being provided by Buaji, who was beside herself with delight in being able to meet Nandkisore's parents, the discussion that began with how comfortable the journey was and meandered through the climate and traffic of Delhi, finally reached the main purpose of the meeting.

"Diwakar saab, main bekaar mein idhar-udhar ki baatein kiye bina hi vishay par aa raha hoon. Humara iklauta beta hai, Nandkishore, aur hum chaahte hai ki aapki beti humari bahu bankar aa jayein."

A little stunned at the direct words, Pooja's parents glanced at eachother before they jointly voiced their concerns about the differences in upbringing, family background, class, caste, and a multitude of other things that had been eating the gentle souls alive ever since they came to know about the happenings behind the scene in the hospital.

Sending an enquiring look at his wife and receiving her usual nod of support, Jagraj smiled and patiently waited for the other couple to stop speaking before he started on a story. A story of a young boy who gave up on school and turned accountant for a farm equipments shop to look after the household when his armyman father was lost in action and later made up by going to night-school and passing his CA exams with flying colours. A story of sheer grit and hard-work of a village boy, the earthy undertones of which went a long way in soothing the Yadavs of their concerns on family backgrounds.

And Meena too jumped in with her bit. The elder daughter of the household manager of a wealthy family who came up in life through sheer harwork and her belief in her childhood friend who went on to become her partner and husband.

Thus proceeded the discussion which, even if it didnot culminate in anything concrete, went a long way in making Pooja's parents comfortable with the idea of sending their daughter to these people. By the time the Mohantys took their leave, they had already agreed upon them visiting Pooja at the hospital the next day.

Meanwhile, outside on the verandah, Bittu broke the silence and asked NK, "Toh NK sir, aap sach mein meri didi se shaadi karna chaahte ho? Isi baat karne ke liye apne ma-baap ko leke aaye ho?"

Looking across at the young boy who he knew meant the world to his Pooja, NK decided to forego his usual jokes and talk man-to-man. "Bittu, main tumhari didi se bahut pyaar karta hoon and I want to marry her more than anything in the world. Agar mujhe tumhari support milegi toh I know I will be able to convince her. Kya tum iss idea se okay ho?"

Stunned by the earnestness and seriousness of the question, Bittu sat a long minute just staring at the man who had been running around tirelessly for weeks just to make his sister better, and wanted to make her his wife without even knowing if she would ever gain her pretty looks back. Finally, he simply reached over and took NK's hands in both of his and squeezed.

Overwhelmed, NK pulled the young boy into a one-armed hug, only to hear him softly say, "Main jaanta hoon ki aap didi ko bahut khush rakhenge. Khushi didi ne mujhe sab bataya tha aur ab main aapke chehre par dekh bhi liya."

Author's note:

There you have it... a long chapter... next update on Friday... please be generous with your support :-P

It's good vignettes is back.. I want to read the vignettes on arshi becoming parents... And dhruvs story... 
shafqee80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
awesum awesum awesum ...welcum back sweetieee