Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

The same applies for the victims of the atrocities and terrorist attacks done by non muslims!!So for the atrocities done by a moron ,how can we suspect entire community !!!

Terrorist is not an ordinary human, his/her mind is fully poisoned! That person no longer belongs to that divine religion any more!!! There is no religion which is against humanity! Once a persons loses basic feelings of a human,he is not longer a person of that religion!

All muslims don't do Jihad and so all the muslims should not be suspected only because of some set of morons who simply potray "Religion" as the reason for their eccentric and cruel acts!!!

Nobody is saying all muslims are terrorists, we are only making a case for muslim civil societies to get up and stop those fanatics from using their religion for their goals. Their reactions have been mute so far. Those terrorists openly proclaim that whatever they are doing is bec'se their religion asks them to do so blah blah, now merely words ain't enough.

The Govts in Muslim World must take concrete and visible actions to stop this menace. Unfortunately many Govts in those Countriess support terror groups themselves for whatever reason. And what do you do when a Govt Minister publicly supports Suicide Bombing...?

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-op-gartona sh24jun24,0,2802332.story?coll=la-news-comment-opinions

An Iranian organization has offered a reward of about $160,000 for his murder. Pakistan's religious affairs minister, Mohammad Ejaz ul-Haq, son of the former military dictator, Zia ul-Haq, told his country's National Assembly that a suicide bombing could be justified as a response. The speaker of the Punjab provincial assembly says he would kill Rushdie if they came face to face.

All the Christians are not Good Samaritans!! All the Hindus are not like Lord Shriram!!

So, that justifies their terrible acts? The bomings and killings?

As a part of their religion muslims have a different life style and diffrent dressing and hair style and all! Unfortunately, media also concentrates on these and creates a scare among ordianry people!! So if we a see a muslim with long beard,turban ...... we get scared if he is member of ALquaida or Laskar e taiyyaba!! But these turbans and beard culture is before Laden also!!!

But they are themselves to blame for this. Media did not create this image out of thin air, it has been a gradual process. It is like the Indian Police, ek average Indian darta hai Police waalon se, Police Station to door ki baat hai. That doesn't mean every policeman is currupt but a large no is that. And it is upto them to do something about it.

Regarding the target of Educated Muslims!! Terrorist is a terrorist! He no more belongs to that religion one's he does not follow the basic principles of the pious religion Islam! So usage of technology for the sake of terrorism is harmful even if it is a muslim terrorist or a christian terrorist or Hindu terrorist!!

Err, don't be so naive. They do such things all in name of Islam...they boast how Islam teaches them to kill Kafirs. Muslim religious leaders publicly asks them to lay down their lives for Islam, to kill non-believers.

Its unfair to think that all educated muslims/most of the muslims are attracted to Jihad!!!

But the trend is growing though they still form an extreme small no, which is more than enough to cause serious damange. The terror groups are increasing using well educated recruits, be it in India or else where.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction!!! These are happening because of the atrocities that are taking place in Iraq!!In that case,Uncle Sam  is the biggest terrorist! So for the atrocites happening in Iraq ,are all the Americans particualry the Christians responsible! No!

So, if tomorrow Hindu community in India goes on rampage against Muslims will that be justified? No naa! There can be no justification for killing civilians and innocent people. Ok, Muslims have many problems with Uncle Sam but that is their problem and they have to deal with it. We should not have let thier problems affect our relationship with UncleSam....but unfortunately bec'se of Minority politics we buckle under pressure. Same happens in the case of Israel, why should it matter to us what Israel does in its own backyard unless it affects us.

Ironically, while most muslims are against US...their own Govts are in hand in glove with the same US. Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, UAE, Yemen, Oman, Malasia, Indonesia etc etc have "friendly" ties with USA. They buy Americal weapon, they have US troops on their soil, if the people there feel so strongly against US why don't they protest against their own Govts...suicide bombing karni hai to karo apni govt ke against.

Seriously, the Islamic world would be in Civil War type of situation if US withdraws. Abhi to US common enemy has, jaise hi US radar se hat-ta hai..their differences shall come out in open. Phir they'll start killing each other...Shia-Sunni, Persian vs Arab vs Kurds etc...for example look at the kind of thing that are happening between Hamas and Fateh in Palenstine.

So, the bottomline is that the Muslim world needs to think seriously about its future. Do they want a peaceful co-existance or confrontation with non-believers in which they'll definitely lose.

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

So, if tomorrow Hindu community in India goes on rampage against Muslims will that be justified? No naa! There can be no justification for killing civilians and innocent people.

That is the bottomline.

To the question posed the simple answer would be Yes, The Muslims worldwide are targeted and also anyone who matches similar profile.

Why it happens is a much more serious debate and many have already posted the reason. Sterotyping from fear is a natural thing. I admit that I get scared seeing a Arab looking man in a flight. I know I shouldn't but I am. So I wouldn't blame others who find me or others matching their profile. Safety is foremost.

Instead of feeling sorry for oneself and their brothers why not voice your opinion against those who are taking innocent lives and taking refuge in religion. As someone here mentioned if a Hindu fanatic does something like this to civilians then the first to criticize them are us, Hindus. We have done that many times on DM (Eg. Valentine's Day Shiv Sena debate).

It is high time to think rationally and stop supporting terrorism of any form. Religion is not above humankind. If rational Muslims everywhere start raising their voice against terrorism then it will be much easier for others to distinguish people and not club everyone based on religion.

sareg thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

So, if tomorrow Hindu community in India goes on rampage against Muslims will that be justified? No naa!

There can be no justification for killing civilians and innocent people.

Dont know who made the statements above, but my take

Actually depends on the time and location and circumstances, if you live in a place where there are regular communal riots, everytime there are Hindu's(innocent civilians) that get slaughtered. If in retailiation once in a while the Hindu's got on a rampage, I find it justified.

Originally posted by: sareg

Dont know who made the statements above, but my take

Actually depends on the time and location and circumstances, if you live in a place where there are regular communal riots, everytime there are Hindu's(innocent civilians) that get slaughtered. If in retailiation once in a while the Hindu's got on a rampage, I find it justified.

In that case first of all it won't be attack on innocent people. Given the scenario it would be avenging the culprits.

Now while avenging the culprits if one is looting their homes and humiliating the women folk then I personally don't think it is justfied because then the tit fot tat game starts and it goes on and on.

chatbuster thumbnail

yes, muslims are targetted imo. as they should be.๐Ÿ˜Š if we dont target them, who should we target? no one? cops and surveillance people should just wait for terrorist activities to be committed before swinging into action? oh wait. maybe they can be proactive by running a psychological test on every citizen like Raj was suggesting, no? those terrorists would surely own up to wanting to commit terrorism, no?๐Ÿ˜›

just fyi, i dont think anyone's saying that all muslims are terrorists or that every hindu is a saint. but if we go on the nice touchy-feely speeches, then soon we'd be saying we should not target anyone, should not try to disrupt terror cells before they strike us. it's fine to make those speeches if one is not a victim imo, but i am not sure that it would be fine otherwise.๐Ÿ˜‰

society has been paying a high price for the despicable acts of a few who commit such acts and then go hide in the same communities. why shouldnt society try to take preventive measures by targetting them and putting them under the scanner? to not target them is doing an injustice to all the victims' families, to potential victims and to the nation.๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by chatbuster - 16 years ago
sareg thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

In that case first of all it won't be attack on innocent people. Given the scenario it would be avenging the culprits.

Now while avenging the culprits if one is looting their homes and humiliating the women folk then I personally don't think it is justfied because then the tit fot tat game starts and it goes on and on.

in a communal riot, everyone, everything becomes a fair game, justification vagaire gaya tel lagane is the principle๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: sareg

in a communal riot, everyone, everything becomes a fair game, justification vagaire gaya tel lagane is the principle๐Ÿ˜†

Tel lene tab tak jaa sakte hain jab tak apna koi hurt nahin hua ho. Phir principle badal jaata hai.

sareg thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Tel lene tab tak jaa sakte hain jab tak apna koi hurt nahin hua ho. Phir principle badal jaata hai.

yep๐Ÿ˜‰

nvmd๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†