Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sareg thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: Maya_M

nvmd😉😆

my suggestion to all those softies, live for a week in of Malegaon or Bhiwandi for a week, you will come out with a different perspective to life in general😉

0mega Galaxy thumbnail
Yes, Muslims are targeted because of some of the hardcore terrorists who have caused severe destruction around the world by killing thousands of innocents and civilians in the name of their religion, Islam. Muslims must unite to show that they are totally against terrorist action anywhere else in the world by people who claim that terrorist activities are not related to Islam. It's up to Muslims themselves - not the media - to show the world they are totally against these attacks - hold massive protests. Do this and I'm sure you will see better media report on Muslims. More Muslims from around the world protested over the cartoons of Mohammed published in Danish newspaper than against the recent bombings which took place in UK. Any wonder they are criticised as not belonging? Just claiming that Islam is peaceful religion and killing anyone in Islam is not acceptable is not enough. A religion is what is practiced by its followers, not what is written in the holy book.

Originally posted by: sareg

my suggestion to all those softies, live for a week in of Malegaon or Bhiwandi for a week, you will come out with a different perspective to life in general😉

Have you lived there😉? It is very easy to write anything. Those who lose their dear ones know how tit-for-tat games end up creating more ruckus. Sure everything is fair in war as long as your close ones are safe.

sareg thumbnail

Have you lived there😉? It is very easy to write anything. Those who lose their dear ones know how tit-for-tat games end up creating more ruckus. Sure everything is fair in war as long as your close ones are safe.

been there, done that😉

that is why I said one can form theories living anywhere, when you get stuck in one of these places, poori theory bhool jaate hai😆

Edited by sareg - 16 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail

@ Malegaon, Bhiwandi -
Vineet, in several parts of North India, eg Deorala, where female foeticide is commonly practiced, we get a different perspective of life too 😉.. But that doesn't mean you would kill a female foetus .. generalization is terrible.

This issue of Muslims in india being targetted  reminds me of a marathi saying " olyabarobar suka hee jalta", which I cannot translate :( sowwy.

I disagree that all of them are root cause of evil.  It is your and my responsibility as a citizen, to help our country get rid of the negative elements, but targetting all, blaming each one and calling Hindus that don't join in as "softies, who've never lived in troubled areas" is also questionable.
60 years ago, people were displaced from their roots in neighbouring lands,  for decades, we fought wars at the border and Taliban, other terrorist organizations did cause communal riots occasionally..  that led to unrest and people losing lives.  Wars were also fought at the border, one being as recent as 1997.  Yet, it is too immature to call them trouble-makers!  Sounds like a bias to me, developed as a result of injustice  and hurt feelings,  a deep rooted hatred. 

Target the guilty, punish them so severely, that they would not dare committ such crimes..  but don't judge others.  
On one hand, we have sanjay dutt and salman khan roaming free, but on the other, we suspect an entire comunity? something doesn't make sense to me here.
For example, I am a very punctual person, and hated when a title company official told me to be on time- assuming like almost every other desi, I would arrive late.   Since I hate to be classified as asect that I most clearly do not represent, I don't judge others.  Accusation of terrorism is far too serious and hurtful.

been there, done that😉

that is why I said one can form theories living anywhere, when you get stuck in one of these places, poori theory bhool jaate hai😆

That's why I said when you lose someone close you really don't want people to go tit-for-tat and continue the never ending ruckus. One doesn't need to be there but losing someone hurts more in such cases. 

Practical karte karte yahaan tak pahunch gaye. How many more such avenging games are left?

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

@ Malegaon, Bhiwandi -
Vineet, in several parts of North India, eg Deorala, where female foeticide is commonly practiced, we get a different perspective of life too 😉.. But that doesn't mean you would kill a female foetus .. generalization is terrible.

This issue of Muslims in india being targetted  reminds me of a marathi saying " olyabarobar suka hee jalta", which I cannot translate :( sowwy.

I disagree that all of them are root cause of evil.  It is your and my responsibility as a citizen, to help our country get rid of the negative elements, but targetting all, blaming each one and calling Hindus that don't join in as "softies, who've never lived in troubled areas" is also questionable.
60 years ago, people were displaced from their roots in neighbouring lands,  for decades, we fought wars at the border and Taliban, other terrorist organizations did cause communal riots occasionally..  that led to unrest and people losing lives.  Wars were also fought at the border, one being as recent as 1997.  Yet, it is too immature to call them trouble-makers!  Sounds like a bias to me, developed as a result of injustice  and hurt feelings,  a deep rooted hatred. 

Target the guilty, punish them so severely, that they would not dare committ such crimes..  but don't judge others.  
On one hand, we have sanjay dutt and salman khan roaming free, but on the other, we suspect an entire comunity? something doesn't make sense to me here.
For example, I am a very punctual person, and hated when a title company official told me to be on time- assuming like almost every other desi, I would arrive late.   Since I hate to be classified as asect that I most clearly do not represent, I don't judge others.  Accusation of terrorism is far too serious and hurtful.

wow Qutes thats great easy-chair philosophy so you have an ottoman? Go and stay in any muslim dominated area in mumbai and then voice your views..It will shatter all your preconceived notions....😆

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 years ago
sareg thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

@ Malegaon, Bhiwandi -

two totally different issues

killing of female babies, makes you come up with laws to tackle it and enforce it, those laws are applicable to everyone

when you have a region which hides people who cause ruckus, you dont come with laws to tackle them, you come up with a mentality to tackle it, if you come up with laws to tackle them, you end up saying "olyabarobar suka hee jalte"(meaning which grinding rice you grind the mixture that comes along, degrading the quality of food generated")

the reason why you have that is b'cos the Muslim community's response to unsavory elements is hey these are some bad apples, Islam doesnt teach this, but they never hang these people out to dry, that is what you learn from Malegaon/Bhiwandi or any trouble spot, whereas you have hundreds of Arjun Singhs ready to hand over unsavory elements in Hindu community, see the difference?

There is a difference, If there is any trouble in say Gujarat where Muslims are targetted, Hindus and Muslims from all over the country rise up in protest(see how many people decry Modi)

If Hindu's are targetted in Bhiwandi, not even a single Hindu or a Muslim rises up in defense or condemnation, that is being softy

60 years ago, people were displaced from their roots in neighbouring lands,  for decades,

so? Do you see a Indian Hindu's complain about the

we fought wars at the border and Taliban, other terrorist organizations did cause communal riots occasionally..  that led to unrest and people losing lives.  Wars were also fought at the border, one being as recent as 1997.  Yet, it is too immature to call them trouble-makers! 

Sounds like a bias to me, developed as a result of injustice  and hurt feelings,  a deep rooted hatred. 

this is bringing someone else's hurt into your life and pouting for that, whoever sufferered, mostly  have gotten over it.

All we have in the country are Hindu's who migrated from Pakistan and are now flourishing, far more than people who lived here, look at half the film industry, they are the displaced, they are going places, this is an excuse

Most of the Muslims who stayed back did not come back from Pakistan, they chose to stay here, their pain is lower than the people who were rendered homeless due to partition.

After partition, most of the country started from scratch, some dwell on the hurt, some have gone places, the people who dwell on the hurt are still complaining about stuff.

Bottom line it doesnt matter, you are in India, you live as Indians, you chose a secular country, you chose nation before religion, no muhalla matters.

The trouble only starts when it is important to you when you care more about your religion, more about your muhallawaleh's more than "this is my country"

how are you going to target the guilty when no-one comes forward as a witness? when the entire muhallah sheilds someone, then you cant find out who is guilty, you go after the muhallah or the guilty was missing, it is the latter that happens, that is my initial post of this thread

Dont get me started on Sunjay Dutt, Sunil Dutt was born in the Pakistan of today, the man worked his behind off to get where he is. Never used the excuse of his being a displaced Hindu.He worked towards the betterment of the country's youth

His son distributes weapons to the muhallah😉

I hold to my position, if there are two troublemakers in a muhallah of 2 million, and the muhallah knows where they live, the muhallah should not act as a sheild to them, if it does, the muhallah should be targetted, If it means targetting a muhallah full of Muslims, so be it. By sheilding the two troublemakers the muhallah is now responsible for the trouble

and that is precisely what happens, In Dharavi, In Malegaon, In Bhiwandi

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Agreed Sareg.. its not that all poor muslims are bad.. but if someone tells them islam khatre main hai... all hell breaks lose...amongst the uneducated masses...!!!

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 years ago
sareg thumbnail

Practical karte karte yahaan tak pahunch gaye. How many more such avenging games are left?

till both parties come to a realization it is not in their favor to play this game, both have to stop,

and we have tried the elder brother should stop beating up on the younger one and the younger one will stop afterwards, that has not worked in the past 60 years, now it is time for the reverse, most dont seem to realize it