Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: tisha_g

Am opening this topic.If anyone has any issues with a certain post they are free to report or send the dev team a pm.
Thanks

sure cock-fight is good isnt it?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tisha_g

Qwerts, I thought we were debating here.

And when did you start spamming.😊

isnt closing and opening of a thread by itself debatable?... but sorry tish i now on mums the word....😊

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Tish for opening the thread, even though to me it doesn't make any sense anymore, as the fizz is no more there and also I have already shared my views on this topic...

However, I would certainly like to know why it was closed in the first place..We have had threads where people said things like 'Indian men are ewwwww etc' and still the thread kept going with the blessings of the DEV team, but why was this thread closed???? πŸ˜•
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

I admire the panel's earnest appoach and assurance of patriotism. In spirit of having a healthy constructive dialogue I would like to forward the following points.
1, THe panel had all (except I don't know the last one) Muslim voices so a true dialogue might not have been possible.
2, The panel swore that no Indian Muslim supported LeT, AlQueda and for the most part most would believe them but there are those who in wake of 9/11-and about 100 Indians died that day-did rallies in India with posters of Laden. I have seen TV clips.(I am willing to bet that they were not Hindus, Sikhs, Christians or Parsis). LeT and ISI do not operate in vaccume in Delhi blasts, Mumbai Blasts, Akshar Dham and Kashmir, there must be those who give them logistical support in India (and once again I am willing to bet that they were not Hindus, Sikhs, Christians or Parsis). There were those who set fire to a train full of innocent men women and children (you don't buy 'falty electric circuit' theory do you?) to ignite a massive communal riot. THere are those who set firecrackers and celebrate when India loses to Pakistan (these are people who have never been to Pakistan and have nno relatives there - hence it is different than Desis in UK celebrating Desi tem's win over UK) The Indian Muslim community will have to address these elements even if they are less than 0.1%. No one else can do that for them...the onus fairly or unfairly is upon them.
3, There is a phenomenon in medicine called Auto-Immune disease where body's immune system when attached by outside culptrits like Bacteria and Virus forms antibodies which then identify bodie's own cells that in some way resemble the outside culprits and attacks own cells. Indian Muslims are in a similar way victims of terrorism sponsored by ISI and LeT and AlQuada...actually Muslims everywhere in the world are. Once again Muslims will have to address these issues themselves and with actions - not mere words like "Islam is a religion of peace'. The onus, fairly or unfairly, is upon them. How much action? As much as needed in order to clear the prejudice. WE cannot quantitate or appropriate that action.
4, Unlike Minorities in other countries(e.g. Blacks in US), Muslims arrived in India as conqueres and stayed for 3/4 of a millennium rulers. So the poverty they face cannot be blamed on the majority which itself is poor. It might have something do with the fact that they are outpacing everyone else in popolation growth, even in the country that is outpacing all other country. The leaders might think that the reservation is bringing positive results...but if we even buy the notion that reservation/affirmative action are needed for reparations of past injustices, there is nothing in past to offer those reparations to Muslim community for! Reservation will only bring more contempt and malevolence in long term. It is not good for Muslims themselves.
I present this in spirit of opening a dialogue...no harsh feelings involved. I do not mean to hurt anyone's feelings and apologize if I have. I welcome counter arguements.

Oh yeah, how did I miss this post...

I agree with everything that was said above..Very well said by Abhijeet πŸ‘

3, There is a phenomenon in medicine called Auto-Immune disease where body's immune system when attached by outside culptrits like Bacteria and Virus forms antibodies which then identify bodie's own cells that in some way resemble the outside culprits and attacks own cells. Indian Muslims are in a similar way victims of terrorism sponsored by ISI and LeT and AlQuada...actually Muslims everywhere in the world are. Once again Muslims will have to address these issues themselves and with actions - not mere words like "Islam is a religion of peace'. The onus, fairly or unfairly, is upon them. How much action? As much as needed in order to clear the prejudice. WE cannot quantitate or appropriate that action. 

This is exactly what I wrote in Lal Masjid thread. Everyone, I mean everyone should raise their opinion against terrorism. If only everyone who had strong views on Lal Masjid issue voices similar opinion on all terror attacks and unite against it, at least that would be a start.

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Oh yeah, how did I miss this post...

I agree with everything that was said above..Very well said by Abhijeet πŸ‘

It is always a treat to read his views!  Thanks Raksha for quoting it.  Wonder where I missed a meaningful post in the jibber jabber including my own πŸ˜‰. 
THNX doc as always..
chatbuster thumbnail

sure. will send chotu to get the movie ticketsπŸ˜›

Edited by chatbuster - 16 years ago

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Thanks Tish for opening the thread, even though to me it doesn't make any sense anymore, as the fizz is no more there and also I have already shared my views on this topic...

However, I would certainly like to know why it was closed in the first place..We have had threads where people said things like 'Indian men are ewwwww etc' and still the thread kept going with the blessings of the DEV team, but why was this thread closed???? πŸ˜•

exactly i second u on the red lines !!!!

Edited by sandya_rao7 - 16 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Topic Closed!!

We should debate any sensitive topic at a neutral line, instead of biasing or accusing any person / religion. Believe this post has lived it's life, closing for now. Concern?? PM dev!

Thanks!