Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

No comments on meaning of Myth n other issues but I can surely say this...

Ramayan,Mahabharat has happened for real...there are loads of evidences to prov tha...
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I posted this before in the MB D&D thread, but I think it's worth reposting here:

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Mythology doesn't necessarily imply fictional.  It's a term used to describe stories that have acquired a life of their own, and are sometimes used in historical derivations.  Both the Ramayan & the Mahabharata have been used in deriving the history of events of that era.  However, when that's done, all the supernatural aspects of either story are usually shorn from the main story, as you can't have historical accounts stating that gods intervened one way or another.  It's one thing to believe in them for religious purposes, but when they are used in history, events like miracles have to be separated from them.

wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
excuse me...now don't tell me u guys wanna say that mythology is not history????😲
mythology is the starting of history...it is a PART of history...a BRANCH of it...n for most of u who don't know...if u have to bcum a HISTORIAN...ur first step is to understand MYTHOLOGY!!!!
wildcat1994 thumbnail

my God on the other hand is beyond any rules, any limits. He can do anything that anyone can ever imagine, PLUS he can also do anything no one can ever imagine. He may remain un-manifest, he may manifest himself at infinite places at the same time, he remain in our hearts, & he can also appear before our eyes, because He is beyond rules. 

these r ur words that make me feel that!!!😆 if god can manifest whenever, wherever he wants...do whatever he wants...how is there so much evil in world???? how do u even kno if a god exists??? answer me...if ur GOD is beyond rules, y is not helping us now...with all the crimes-rape, corruption, etc everthing on rise...where is??? if he could manifest himself as RAM to kill one RAVAN who destroyed the lives of so many women...did he get scared now coz there r too many ravans too face???😕

no way...its GOD...he can't get scared na...then where is he?? if he could save us then...y not NOW??? WHAT HAS CHANGED????😳
wildcat1994 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MJHTMonayaSajan

No comments on meaning of Myth n other issues but I can surely say this...

Ramayan,Mahabharat has happened for real...there are loads of evidences to prov tha...

really??...give me a few evidences that can prove that the stories are true!!!!
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@wildcat1994, just because bad things happen that does not at all disprove the existence of a higher power. It says throughout all of our scriptures that Kalyug will be the worst period of time. Things have to be at their worst for them to get any better. If that is your argument against there ever being a Ram or Krishna, then I'm sorry. I can't help you.

And I don't feel as if I have to. If you want to be an atheist. Go ahead! Be an atheist! We're not trying to proselytize people. We just want to serve our God and do our duty. And it helps us to find people who believe as we do, people who are also seeking to serve God. So, I don't know what your problem is. Why do you want to "convert" people to non-religion? Why are you coming here, to a "mytho masti" forum, a place where you know everyone loves and believes in these beautiful stories from the scriptures, and trying to tell us otherwise? You are actively seeking to create a conflict.

napster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AishuHiBawari

@wildcat1994, just because bad things happen that does not at all disprove the existence of a higher power. It says throughout all of our scriptures that Kalyug will be the worst period of time. Things have to be at their worst for them to get any better. If that is your argument against there ever being a Ram or Krishna, then I'm sorry. I can't help you.

And I don't feel as if I have to. If you want to be an atheist. Go ahead! Be an atheist! We're not trying to proselytize people. We just want to serve our God and do our duty. And it helps us to find people who believe as we do, people who are also seeking to serve God. So, I don't know what your problem is. Why do you want to "convert" people to non-religion? Why are you coming here, to a "mytho masti" forum, a place where you know everyone loves and believes in these beautiful stories from the scriptures, and trying to tell us otherwise? You are actively seeking to create a conflict.

maybe bcoz wildcat is treating this forum as its name. it is a myth afterall so people will talk as if it is some story with no base. exactly why I have issues with Hinduism being called mythology. but since majority here think like westerners and keep on justifying it, we will have more people raise such doubts. atleast those who believe in the religion should stop copying west and keep the faith.
wildcat1994 thumbnail

Originally posted by: napster

maybe bcoz wildcat is treating this forum as its name. it is a myth afterall so people will talk as if it is some story with no base. exactly why I have issues with Hinduism being called mythology. but since majority here think like westerners and keep on justifying it, we will have more people raise such doubts. atleast those who believe in the religion should stop copying west and keep the faith.

first thing...am not an ATHEIST...i never said there is NO GOD...NO HIGHER POWER...NO KRISHNA...OR NO RAM!!!!...all m saying is that it is not necessary for Ram or Krishna to be God!!!! they could've have been the greatest kings of their times...like ashoka n akbar...but not necessarily GOD!!!!!!!

n napster...mythology is a term that is History only...y are u so confused...i mean tell me one thing what will be ur reaction if i tell u that ALLOPATHY is not the same as Medical Science!!!!😆 u r saying the same thing...just like allopathy is a branch of medical science...mythology is of history...n we have done this to easy the task of finding out ancient info and classifying it easily...y don't u try to find the length of INDIAN history...u'll realize the importance of dividing  history into two---history of ancient times or Mythology...n history pure or the history of current times!!!!
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

@wildcat1994, well, why couldn't they have been God? You believe in a higher power? Apparently, yes. Then why cannot that all powerful God manifest himself? If we, as infinitesimally small souls, can manifest human bodies, why can't he, who is like the ocean compared to us, do the same? You're imposing rules on something that doesn't need to abide by any rules.

And that being said, you are allowed to believe in a nirgun, or formless God, because everyone is entitled to their own personal beliefs. But the fact that you're repetitively rubbing it in everyone's faces that Ram and Krishna were kings and not Gods, is kind of offensive. PLEASE READ THE RULES THREAD ON THIS FORUM: "Hinduism is rich with diversity; everyone has a particular reverence for different scriptures and forms of God depending on geographic region/social surroundings/personal nature...The objective discussion and resolution of such doubts is welcome; subjectively claiming overall superiority of one text and putting down others (consequentially insulting all those members who have faith in them) is not." It is explicitly stated in the Bhagavad Gita, Shrimad Bhagavatam, Ramayan, whatever other texts that Shri Raam and Shri Krishna were both incarnations of the divine, and we accept them as that. Now, what is your problem with that?

@napster, I'm just going to repeat what Janaki Di and Vrish have already stated and tell you that just because we refer to our scriptures as "mythological" does not in any way entail that we do not believe in them nor that we want others to feel any differently. Mythology and history are much interwoven subjects, and myth does not necessarily have to mean "made up." It's just that our scriptures have stories in them that are directly brought upon by divine intervention, and no history book will use divine intervention as a justification. And even if we were to use the word, history, to describe them, that will not make the non-believers believe any more nor the believers, any less. If you really, really want to change the name, because it just outright disturbs you to the core, then yes, we can change the name. But there is a really long process where we will have to create a list of possible alternative names, put them up to vote, and then contact the global moderators to change it.

Also, the hindu religious shows are colloquially referred to as "mytho shows," so if anyone wanted to find material on them, they could just easily google mythos, and our forum would show up.

Edited by AishuHiBawari - 10 years ago
napster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
simple thing: Hindus never coined the term 'myth' for their religion. Non-hindus did it and now we keep justifying it.

History becomes legend and legend becomes myth. And then people raise questions and start disbelieving it. I have no interest in discussing this any further. Some day we'll say even Shivji is just a myth as no one has seen him and it is not possible to live on a mountain without warm clothes and people will support it.