Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

napster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
but still we will have Indians themselves calling this mythology and supporting it, next we'll name this forum FairyLand. later someone will name our gods as elves and we'll say, naam me kya rakha hai.
even the topic maker of 'mystical masti' gave up on the cause, as majority of the people really don't understand the meaning of mythology and keep using it πŸ˜†
sherlock thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This is for you, napster. πŸ˜Š
Antiquity of deity worship in Vedic tradition-- by Shri Nandnandan Das (Shri Stephen Knapp).  

Long piece, I know, but do read carefully, for towards the end, you'll find the difference between idol & deity explained simply but accurately. Very important point, which most people miss. 

Edited by sherlock - 10 years ago
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sherlock

Why the producers of the show are yet to sign you up as their main writer, I've no idea dear. πŸ˜Š

God, there's sooo much wrong with this world. 

though the devils r doing a fine job with the show , but imagine a desi tadka to ruin it all πŸ˜†
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

@Napster:

The thing is, even if we are going to give any proof to those who don't wish to believe, they'll reject that proof. 

Secondly, if we'll tell them that if they don't wish to believe in our experience,no problem, they can get the proof THEMSELVES by following a few simple (in a sense) instructions, they won't do even that, so actually there's no way out. πŸ˜†

If I'm to say  that yes, I've seen Lord Sita Ram, who's going to believe me?? People here will think, this "sherlock" is either a liar or a lunatic. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Well, can't help it, I certainly can't be expected to deny my own personal experiences just because people will call me a lunatic.

However, while people have every right not to believe in a mere statement of mine, if I'm gonna tell them the they can test the veracity of my statement themselves, but for that they'll have to take some months out of their lives & do as I tell them to do, whose gonna do that????? 

So as I said, its an impossible situation. πŸ˜Š

sherlock...if u would have seen RAM or SITA...ppl may have called u mad initially but like most others...when a myth is proved it bcums fact!!!! lyk earth bcam round wen this fact was proved despite a man being killed for saying that earth is not flat but round!!!!πŸ˜›

n no one is saying there isn't no god😲...all v r saying is that god is not equivalent to ram or krishna!!!
GOD is a nameless, faceless being who doesn't need to be identified by some visible being...his presence is felt...just like love is felt...he resides in our HEARTS n doesn't need a temple, mosque or church to be worshiped!!! he can be remembered and prayed to anywhere, anytime, any place and in any language!!!!

he made us...he gave us life...so he'll understand us and whatever we create...!!!

but don't u realise...that GOD IS FLAWLESS?? he cannot commit a mistake...n ram did commit mistakes in his life...so how can u call him god?? he was nonetheless one of the GREATEST KINGS of his time...but a MORTAL not GOD!!!! that is what we believe...u may call us NASTIKAS...but read ur own ramayan n BHAGVAD GITA n u'll ralise that v r actually not Nastikas but true believers of god...we know what god is..how he is!!!!!πŸ˜›
Edited by wildcat1994 - 10 years ago
sherlock thumbnail

Originally posted by: wildcat1994

GOD is a nameless, faceless being who doesn't need to be identified by some visible being.

but don't u realise...that GOD IS FLAWLESS?? he cannot commit a mistake..

but read ur own ramayan n BHAGVAD GITA n u'll ralise that v r actually not Nastikas but true believers of god...we know what god is..how he is!!!!! 

Great to know that you know ALL ABOUT "GOD". πŸ˜Š

Now I get it... this "God" is supposed to be omnipresent, all-knowing, infinitely powerful, infinitely blissful, Supreme Personality... AND YET, poor "God," to be taken as "God", has to operate under such a huge number of rules, made by US!!! 

He has to be "nameless", "faceless" he cannot "commit" a "mistake", Oh my God!!!! I sympathise with this "God"!!!!!!!!!😲 πŸ˜²

Never mind that being omnipresent (sarva-vyapak) he is already everywhere, he doesn't need to "come" & "go" for there is no-where & no-when where & when he is ALREADY not present. 

Never mind that being infinitely powerful (sarva-shaktimaan) he can be faceless, nameless, yes, indeed, & similarly being infinitely powerful, he can have infinite names & infinite faces.  

Never mind that he never "does" anything, for being sarvagya & satya-sankalp, his wish is the only reality, & being the Supreme Personality, there's no need for him to "do" anything ever, & when he has no need to ever "do" anything, there's no question of "committing" any right or wrong. 

But as I said, as now I get it, this special "God" needs to operate under all those rules you mentioned, he has to remain nameless, faceless, flawless, he cannot "commit" a mistake, 

never mind that if even a single rule can be applied to a Personality, then that Pesonality is NOT Supreme, but contained IN THAT RULE. ("Hey God, we know you're Supreme & everything, but you got to obey our rules, or else you're not God" hehe...) πŸ˜†

Never mind that being omnipresent, He can manifest Himself anywhere, anytime, like Shri Ram or Shri Krishna, but then, according to rules, poor "God" has to remain nameless & faceless!!!!!

Anyways, congrats on knowing all about this "God."

As for you suggesting that I read Ramayan & Shri BagvadGita, relax, I've read them already. 

wildcat1994 thumbnail
that is what v r saying...πŸ˜†GOD resides inside the heart of every human...so, when evil rises...he guides us from within but only a select few like Ram n Krishna have the courage to listen to their heart...to the god within that heart...fight with evil n win...now, imagine...even Gandhiji fought with British to save India leaving a very bright future...how many had the courage to do that other than him??? but does that make him god??? do we worship him as god or we call him the MAHATMA??😳...we celebrate him but none worships him then how can we worship RAM or KRISHNA???πŸ˜•
u r answering ur own questions...now, what more can i say???πŸ˜†

sherlock thumbnail

that is what v r saying...

What i said is NOT what you said, regardless of all these mental gymnastics, & getting Gandhi involved. πŸ˜Š

It is very clear that your "God" has to fit in your concept of him to be considered as God by you, so your "God" is not an all powerful supreme entity residing in everyone's heart, he is a "nameless, faceless, non-entity" actually, who has to remain that way, for if ever he "committed the mistake" & crossed the "limits" set by YOU, & decided to acquire a name or face, he'll cease to be your God. 

my God on the other hand is beyond any rules, any limits. He can do anything that anyone can ever imagine, PLUS he can also do anything no one can ever imagine. He may remain un-manifest, he may manifest himself at infinite places at the same time, he remain in our hearts, & he can also appear before our eyes, because He is beyond rules. 

Our Understanding of a Supreme, omnipotent, omnipresent personality stands at 180 degrees to each other. Still, you're trying to make it look like I'm somehow validating your claims of a strange "God" contained inside man-made rules. Nothing can be further from the truth. 

napster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

What i said is NOT what you said, regardless of all these mental gymnastics, & getting Gandhi involved. πŸ˜Š

It is very clear that your "God" has to fit in your concept of him to be considered as God by you, so your "God" is not an all powerful supreme entity residing in everyone's heart, he is a "nameless, faceless, non-entity" actually, who has to remain that way, for if ever he "committed the mistake" & crossed the "limits" set by YOU, & decided to acquire a name or face, he'll cease to be your God. 

my God on the other hand is beyond any rules, any limits. He can do anything that anyone can ever imagine, PLUS he can also do anything no one can ever imagine. He may remain un-manifest, he may manifest himself at infinite places at the same time, he remain in our hearts, & he can also appear before our eyes, because He is beyond rules. 

Our Understanding of a Supreme, omnipotent, omnipresent personality stands at 180 degrees to each other. Still, you're trying to make it look like I'm somehow validating your claims of a strange "God" contained inside man-made rules. Nothing can be further from the truth. 

πŸ‘ 
wildcat1994 thumbnail

LolzzzπŸ˜†πŸ˜† i couldn't help it but if u mean what u said then according to u EVERY HUMAN SHOULD BE GOD...which is what we believeπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ...for us...everything on this earth is GOD and GOD is everything...so we don't need RAM or KRISHNA to prove to us his presence...we worship him in every BEING...so for us...RAM=KRISHNA=SHIVA=ALL BEINGS=GOD...its u who believe that only Ram or Krishna or some other Hindu god is god and no one else!!!!

but still when we say that the stories of Ram n Krishna are mythologies, we simply mean that we don't know if they are real humans or just characters of some book written by a holy saint (whom we do worship for such excellent thought)...but we still worship them...the one reason...y we r a part of this forum too...right???πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

sherlock thumbnail

i couldn't help it but if u mean what u said then according to u EVERY HUMAN SHOULD BE GOD...

Which sentence of mine from my post you quoted made you reach this conclusion?? Point out that sentence. 

so we don't need RAM or KRISHNA to prove to us his presence...

OK, no problem, but if your omnipresent "God" decides to appear before you as Shri Ram or Shri Krishna, why are you so hell bent on not allowing your "God" to do that?? Just because it clashes with your understanding of "God" who according to you has to necessarily remain "nameless & formless" & should never have a name or form?? Even though in the same breath you accept that "everything is God" which simply means that He is ALREADY, ALWAYS, & ETERNALLY manifest before us, not as a "nameless, formless non-entity" but having infinite names & forms, which is what I've been saying all along. So, what is your point here? Or is it that your single point agenda here is, "while I'll say great things like "everything is God & God is everything", still I'll single out the likes of Shri Ram or Shri Krishna as somehow being anyone but God"?

we worship him in every BEING...so for us...RAM=KRISHNA=SHIVA=ALL BEINGS=GOD..

Very Good. 

its u who believe that only Ram or Krishna or some other Hindu god is god and no one else!!!!

Which sentence of mine from my post you quoted made you reach this conclusion?? Point out that sentence.

the one reason...y we r a part of this forum too...right???πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

I am happy that you're a part of this forum & I hope the feeling is mutual.